Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I think Bob Bradley's subs were way too late. Could have injected some life into the game far earlier.
    I thought the exact same. I was wondering what was taking so long to do something.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure the subs injected life as much as NYC sat back & let their cruddy defence get exposed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob definitely has a blind spot for Michael. This confirms it to me. He blames Pozuelo for Michael's giveaway that led to a NYCFC goal. I understand wanting to protect your player from criticism, but putting blame onto another player is an odd way to go about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Bob definitely has a blind spot for Michael.
    This is obvious.
    With Bob at helm, I am prepared to see Michael being a starter even when he is 36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Ali gave him the ball in a tight spot" wtf? Freeze frame that clip from the moment he touches it (33 seconds in is one spot), there's about 3-5 yards between him and the opposition player in front of him, meanwhile he has two open passes behind him to the left and in front of him to the left. It's hard to imagine a less tight spot it'd be realistic for a central mid fielder to receive a pass in. That is a frankly ridiculous statement for a manager to make. He doesn't have to publicly hang him out to dry but don't try to shift blame to another player who is 100% not to blame or make excuses, just say nothing.

EDIT - This is Bobs defintiion of Pozuelo giving Bradley a pass in a tight area
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 04-25-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    "Ali gave him the ball in a tight spot" wtf? Freeze frame that clip from the moment he touches it (33 seconds in is one spot), there's about 3-5 yards between him and the opposition player in front of him, meanwhile he has two open passes behind him to the left and in front of him to the left. It's hard to imagine a less tight spot it'd be realistic for a central mid fielder to receive a pass in. That is a frankly ridiculous statement for a manager to make. He doesn't have to publicly hang him out to dry but don't try to shift blame to another player who is 100% not to blame or make excuses, just say nothing.

EDIT - This is Bobs defintiion of Pozuelo giving Bradley a pass in a tight area
    i agree...he also said we were getting beat on the wings.no kidding,maybe we should play someone that has played that postion before,especially when you consider the tire fire of the back 3

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    9, yes I would, but 6 or 7 no.

I'm not sugar-coating it, this game was a disaster defensively, I'm just noting there were a few positives.
    Imagine Bradley scoring for one? That's something I never expect.
    Bradley scoring is wonderful , but he gifted NYFC a goal. Just watched the game again NY had three chances in the first 28 minutes that should of resulted in goals. So 9 should of read 11

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We only really have 1 FB - Chung.

Petrasso could be one but BB seems to want to somehow make Shaff that sooo.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

they have franklin for some reason they dont want to sign him,he was tfc2 best player last season

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i agree...he also said we were getting beat on the wings.no kidding,maybe we should play someone that has played that postion before,especially when you consider the tire fire of the back 3
    I am anxiously waiting for the 3 or 4 overseas additions come July , I have never had any illusions on what Bob Bradley could add to our squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

I'm convinced Shaff is playing where he is because BB wants to be able to get him on the pitch once Insigne comes. But he's been a liability and isn't even able to offer anything going forward from his current position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would switch Shaff and Petrasso. Neither is perfect defensively but Petrasso still seems to be able to open up passing lanes when pinned deep while Shaff is more likely to go route 1 just to relive pressure.

Shaff is super on the overlap and in the attacking 3rd.

That said, my perhaps dank assessment is neither should be playing directly behind LA at fullback and we should test the market

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Insigne coming, all attention is needed to go on fortifying the defense and the midfield.
    In this exact order.
    Anyhing else would be a terrible waste of resources.

IMO since it's existence, TFC never had a good enough defense excepting 2015-2017.