Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Boycott. Beer and food

I’m an alcoholic I don’t eat food at games but beer prices are out of this world does anybody want to join a boycott of buying at the game just one game and maybe they will get the hint to lower prices I can do it for one game

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see why they cant have a value beer option like tonnes of other teams such as the Jays. Have small 5 dollar cans of Blue at one stand. Give people a different option. Instead they pulled all the Bud stands to have premium Mill Street everywhere. It's the same company!!!!
    Also let us pay in cash again. Couldn't even buy 50/50 without tapping the card.
    I am totally on board for a boycott.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leading off a thread with "I am an alcoholic" is what I was expecting here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't even have to see this post to make that decision. Went over and saw the price $17+ a can and scooted away to my seats as quick as possible. I much rather treat the family to a nice dinner on the way home from BMO, than to buy the overly priced munchies/alcohol at the game as a SSH, if this is the prices we're at now...so count me in on your boycott😆😁

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Also let us pay in cash again. Couldn't even buy 50/50 without tapping the card.
    This is not coming back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    This is not coming back.
    I hope it is - if it was just tap and run, that's great. But do I really have to type in a F!@#% tip for every vendor?

As for boycotts. Please do - shorter lines for rest of us.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a $7 beer option. I'll try to go for that if I'm ever early enough.

I might buy some food if I'm rushing from elsewhere and am starving. I think watching the team hangry is an even worse proposition this year than in other years.

I generally buy as little as possible anyway, for years. Even more so this year since I'm keeping my N95 on. However that doesn't prevent downing a 7 buck beer in the north end before the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    There is a $7 beer option. I'll try to go for that if I'm ever early enough.

I might buy some food if I'm rushing from elsewhere and am starving. I think watching the team hangry is an even worse proposition this year than in other years.

I generally buy as little as possible anyway, for years. Even more so this year since I'm keeping my N95 on. However that doesn't prevent downing a 7 buck beer in the north end before the game.
    And if IIRC, the $7 option is Mill Street Organic Lager. Which I found the taste to be rather unpleasing......

And not to mention it comes in a small can.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    And if IIRC, the $7 option is Mill Street Organic Lager. Which I found the taste to be rather unpleasing......

And not to mention it comes in a small can.
    Does "small" mean 355 ml? I kinda like Organic Lager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since we are talking about food and drink and I am making my BMO debut this summer, do they offer mixed drinks of any kind and what are the prices like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave up on buying any concessions at BMO Field a couple years ago. I stopped drinking alcohol over 5 years ago, and I'm not THAT hungry that I have to eat at the stadium, I get something before or after in Liberty Village.

Even a coffee/hot chocolate is $4/$5. That's absurd.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stopped buying beer years ago at BMO Field and I try to eat prior to going to the stadium either at home or I would rather go to a local restaurant in the Liberty Village area prior to the game so I have no need for food there. Having said that I do go with my son or daughter most times and they like to get food as part of the experience so I end up buying them something even if it is just popcorn and a drink. Last game, since I hadn't been to a game since the NYC game before COVID lockdown started, I decided to buy food and bought a poutine for $12 and whatever a bottle of water cost which came to about $20 and found it funny to see the debit machine prompt for a tip. They are already charging $20 for something that should cost maybe $10 and they want a tip added? Give me a break. Maybe some people will. I am not that rich.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giacometti tweeted out an $18 chicken sandwich...thought that was absolutely wild.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Since we are talking about food and drink and I am making my BMO debut this summer, do they offer mixed drinks of any kind and what are the prices like?
    Eat in Liberty Village before the game or after.

For Drinks do what the guy in the row in front of me does-get an all plastic drink pouch fill with your beverage of choice and enjoy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been boycotting their overpriced everything since around 2010 or so.

Too bad they're not smart like Atlanta and do a few things for cheap to max out on sales.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$13.75 for a can is rough.

But people are still buying them in droves. I see people go through 4 during a game on the regular.

This past game, two guys in front of me each drank like 6 vodka sodas. I don't even want to know how much that cost.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to agree, I think there also was a “just happy yo be out attitude”. I was pissed because i couldn’t pull up my credits on my TFC wallet. Did anyone have that issue?

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I tend to agree, I think there also was a “just happy yo be out attitude”. I was pissed because i couldn’t pull up my credits on my TFC wallet. Did anyone have that issue?
    I have stockpiled credits because we only attended 1 match last year - pleasantly surprised to find the credits intact. Minor trouble with the new staff who didn't know how to process and had to wait for a supervisor.

Prices are outrageous - commuting with 2 kids whose internal mealtime clocks don't align to the travel and game time meant we dropped an insane amount on cold food huddled away from the winds.

My bigger complaint is holding games in the dead of winter and the removal of the heaters - I get we are in a pandemic still but if everyone can be packed into a full stadium without distancing, vax passports and unmasked in the stands - the removal of the odd patio heater here and there and table is plain stupid and inconsiderate.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A mickey of Alberta Premium rye is a plastic bottle with a plastic cap. Just sayin'.
    Father. . . Husband. . . Freemason. . . Redpatch Boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was floored last week when 2 tall cans came to $30.
    I don’t usually purchase at the stadium as I only was caught in the moment of returning to live events. Now that it’s come and gone I will resort back to pouring it into my Timmies when coming down on the train

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to the all star game and the TFC away game in Atlanta in 2018 and was blown away by the stadium experience. Concessions were amazing and dirt cheap. Very friendly and welcoming supporters as well (with enough smack talk to make it fun but not weird) - barely needed a drink at the game after all the beers and shots they offered up at the tailgate in the Gulch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I've been boycotting their overpriced everything since around 2010 or so.

Too bad they're not smart like Atlanta and do a few things for cheap to max out on sales.
    Road Games: ‘16-PHL,MTL,MTL(ECF); ‘17-CLB,ORL,NYC,DCU,CHI,MTL;
    ‘18-MTL,NER,OTT,ATL,MTL; ‘19-MTL; ‘22-MTL​;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    $13.75 for a can is rough.

But people are still buying them in droves. I see people go through 4 during a game on the regular.

This past game, two guys in front of me each drank like 6 vodka sodas. I don't even want to know how much that cost.

Big oof. I haven't been to a game since 2019 and I think a can was about $11/can back then. I can't justify the price of a six back on one beer, I'll definitely be drinking $4 waters next time out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    I have stockpiled credits because we only attended 1 match last year - pleasantly surprised to find the credits intact. Minor trouble with the new staff who didn't know how to process and had to wait for a supervisor.

Prices are outrageous - commuting with 2 kids whose internal mealtime clocks don't align to the travel and game time meant we dropped an insane amount on cold food huddled away from the winds.

My bigger complaint is holding games in the dead of winter and the removal of the heaters - I get we are in a pandemic still but if everyone can be packed into a full stadium without distancing, vax passports and unmasked in the stands - the removal of the odd patio heater here and there and table is plain stupid and inconsiderate.
    wait do we still have the credits? I wasn't aware and I also only did one match, I thought it was applied to my season seats.

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    wait do we still have the credits? I wasn't aware and I also only did one match, I thought it was applied to my season seats.
    Yup download or update the TFC app and you'll find the credits under Stadium with your membership card.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    Yup download or update the TFC app and you'll find the credits under Stadium with your membership card.
    Sweeet - half off an Insigne kit for me. \o/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer having the cash option available too. Just means I will be spending less on overpriced concessions and merch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Sweeet - half off an Insigne kit for me. \o/

more like, full price for what you paid for minus difference inflation - think anyone who had credit ends up losing .