Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 241 to 253 of 253
  1. #241
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    3,151
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I think Bob Bradley's subs were way too late. Could have injected some life into the game far earlier.
    I thought the exact same. I was wondering what was taking so long to do something.

  2. #242
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    18,838
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not sure the subs injected life as much as NYC sat back & let their cruddy defence get exposed.

  3. #243
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    3,414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bob definitely has a blind spot for Michael. This confirms it to me. He blames Pozuelo for Michael's giveaway that led to a NYCFC goal. I understand wanting to protect your player from criticism, but putting blame onto another player is an odd way to go about it.


  4. #244
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,420
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Bob definitely has a blind spot for Michael.
    This is obvious.
    With Bob at helm, I am prepared to see Michael being a starter even when he is 36.

  5. #245
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North York ON
    Posts
    319
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "Ali gave him the ball in a tight spot" wtf? Freeze frame that clip from the moment he touches it (33 seconds in is one spot), there's about 3-5 yards between him and the opposition player in front of him, meanwhile he has two open passes behind him to the left and in front of him to the left. It's hard to imagine a less tight spot it'd be realistic for a central mid fielder to receive a pass in. That is a frankly ridiculous statement for a manager to make. He doesn't have to publicly hang him out to dry but don't try to shift blame to another player who is 100% not to blame or make excuses, just say nothing.

    EDIT - This is Bobs defintiion of Pozuelo giving Bradley a pass in a tight area
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 04-25-2022 at 11:54 AM.

  6. #246
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,938
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    "Ali gave him the ball in a tight spot" wtf? Freeze frame that clip from the moment he touches it (33 seconds in is one spot), there's about 3-5 yards between him and the opposition player in front of him, meanwhile he has two open passes behind him to the left and in front of him to the left. It's hard to imagine a less tight spot it'd be realistic for a central mid fielder to receive a pass in. That is a frankly ridiculous statement for a manager to make. He doesn't have to publicly hang him out to dry but don't try to shift blame to another player who is 100% not to blame or make excuses, just say nothing.

    EDIT - This is Bobs defintiion of Pozuelo giving Bradley a pass in a tight area
    i agree...he also said we were getting beat on the wings.no kidding,maybe we should play someone that has played that postion before,especially when you consider the tire fire of the back 3

  7. #247
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    9, yes I would, but 6 or 7 no.

    I'm not sugar-coating it, this game was a disaster defensively, I'm just noting there were a few positives.
    Imagine Bradley scoring for one? That's something I never expect.
    Bradley scoring is wonderful , but he gifted NYFC a goal. Just watched the game again NY had three chances in the first 28 minutes that should of resulted in goals. So 9 should of read 11

  8. #248
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    18,838
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We only really have 1 FB - Chung.

    Petrasso could be one but BB seems to want to somehow make Shaff that sooo.....

  9. #249
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,938
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    We only really have 1 FB - Chung.

    Petrasso could be one but BB seems to want to somehow make Shaff that sooo.....
    they have franklin for some reason they dont want to sign him,he was tfc2 best player last season

  10. #250
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i agree...he also said we were getting beat on the wings.no kidding,maybe we should play someone that has played that postion before,especially when you consider the tire fire of the back 3
    I am anxiously waiting for the 3 or 4 overseas additions come July , I have never had any illusions on what Bob Bradley could add to our squad.

  11. #251
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    We only really have 1 FB - Chung.

    Petrasso could be one but BB seems to want to somehow make Shaff that sooo.....
    I'm convinced Shaff is playing where he is because BB wants to be able to get him on the pitch once Insigne comes. But he's been a liability and isn't even able to offer anything going forward from his current position.

  12. #252
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    13,254
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would switch Shaff and Petrasso. Neither is perfect defensively but Petrasso still seems to be able to open up passing lanes when pinned deep while Shaff is more likely to go route 1 just to relive pressure.

    Shaff is super on the overlap and in the attacking 3rd.


    That said, my perhaps dank assessment is neither should be playing directly behind LA at fullback and we should test the market

  13. #253
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,420
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    With Insigne coming, all attention is needed to go on fortifying the defense and the midfield.
    In this exact order.
    Anyhing else would be a terrible waste of resources.

    IMO since it's existence, TFC never had a good enough defense excepting 2015-2017.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •