The GO fare enforcement is really getting out of hand at the Ex platform. BMO is a stadium full of people arriving/leaving, and they started blocking entrances of an already too small tunnel. I’m just dumbfounded by the lack of thought by whoever planned this. I am not sure if this being done due to issues of fare evasion or safety concerns as some have always have suggested with crowding in the tunnel to Liberty Village.

After last night's TFC game as fans were leaving and exiting through Exhibition GO Station they were split into three lines. Those going West, those going East and those entering the station and continuing toward Liberty Village/King St area. Those who were going West or into Liberty Village both have to go under the station and exit at the same point. GO Transit Special Constables appear to have given priority to those who were catching the GO Train west. This meant the largest crowd were pushed into a narrow space as more and more people joined the back of the queue with no movement. Some were ok that were close enough to the front. There was some pushing and movement from behind from what I understand. People at the front were arguing with the Special Constables and pushing the barriers out of the way to create space and move forward.

Although it didn't become a crush the conditions for one were all there. The holding back of the largest amount of people to suit the GO Train schedule seems extremely short sighted and created very dangerous conditions. I will note pre-game at the match NYCFC they held people walk down from Liberty Village on Atlantic as the west bound train pulled into the the station and did not let anyone through until all those that got off the train had their fare checked.

I hope this is something MLSE can work with Metrolinx on so we won't see a repeat of the situation again.