Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantastic result against a top team. Well done Reds!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woohoo ! Nice to see the kids all over the pitch and a striker who can finish and a classic MVP level Pozuelo goal....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    God there's so much to upgrade on this team. All for the starting XI: another centreback, a pair of fullbacks, a DM, a right winger, and a keeper.
    Yep, Bradley will get around to it after finishing his beer. He shouldn't be fielding such a sub par team that just beat the #1 ranked Philly team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're up into a tie for third in the east now, with a game in hand over Orlando in second.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well colour me surprised - great outcome and great match.

we're in good hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kosi Thompson looked really, really good today. He and Kerr were very effective at shit disturbing and beating Philly's defense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    What a breath of fresh air it is to listen to Kilbane compared to Mr. "in my opinion" Caldwell.
    Caldwell's schtick is to be the anti-homer. Oh yeah, there's also his need to talk down to the hoser hockey crowd. How was it that KJ got fired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you ever needed proof of the difference a good manager can make... imagine this roster led by Armas lol.

Jimenez is such a baller, love the guy already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I would definitely say we’ve been lucky, you have to wonder how tempted the front office is getting to stick with this youth movement after the summer.

If you can tread water with a bunch of 19 year olds now, in 2 years you’re potentially getting serious cash or have a great core for the future.

Shane O’Neill btw, top signing. Nothing flashy, just no-nonsense defending.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want more of Vic Rauter and Kevin Kilbane what a difference from the other two stooges .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Vic has such a great voice. Too bad he knows jack shit about soccer.
    Vic has come a long way since his Global days. Who would have thought he would be the last guy standing on tv after McCown, Tati and Hebscher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBackyard View Post
    Yep, Bradley will get around to it after finishing his beer. He shouldn't be fielding such a sub par team that just beat the #1 ranked Philly team.
    yep most of those early comments didn’t age well. Well done Reds! Youth movement is such a positive development for the club. If they can develop starters they can be so much more particular with the designated players!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jayden Nelson was beyond lucky not to get sent off for his 2 footed, studs up tackle on the Philly player. I hope Bob shows him the video of that tackle and says "wtf???????". I don't know what goes through a player's head in that situation....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    Jayden Nelson was beyond lucky not to get sent off for his 2 footed, studs up tackle on the Philly player. I hope Bob shows him the video of that tackle and says "wtf???????". I don't know what goes through a player's head in that situation....
    I think he straight up took him off as a message, as much as protection from a second yellow. Other than that moment the kid was playing well, but that was a stupid tackle.

He'll get a suspension on Monday, I imagine.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading the quotes from Bradley's after game presser & his basic points seem to be

a) yeh, guys are trying & we compete hard
    b) man there's some seriously stupid stuff happening still

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First a couple of thoughts about the in-stadium and after-game highlight videos.

At BMO Field they didn't manage to put up the highlights for 2 of the 3 goals. Absolute amateur hour, I've never experienced that in all the years of TFC home games. Gotta wonder if some of their regular crew were out with COVID or something.

And the MLS highlight video on YouTube isn't great either. Doesn't show any close-up or slo-mo replay of some key moments. Things I really wanted to see better after not getting a good view in the stadium. I'll check later if there's more on the MLS website.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching in the stadium:

- Really impressed to get a W against Philly, especially after the way TFC started the match.

- I thought the ref was kinda shite, although I would have to see a better highlight package to figure out what really happened in each case. BTW I do believe the first Philly goal (the one that stood) was offside as well -- that much I could see in the highlights..

- I know Mavinga had some screw-ups, but we absolutely needed his speed tonight. I think w/o Mavinga, we don't win that game.

- Having 3 midfielders with yellow cards was very risky. And I think that was the worst thing with the ref. 4 to 1 in yellow cards made no sense, not with the number of serious and tactical fouls that Philly committed w/o getting yellows (and in some cases, w/o even getting fouls called against them).
    Last edited by Auzzy; 04-17-2022 at 05:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    - I know Mavinga had some screw-ups, but we absolutely needed his speed tonight. I think w/o Mavinga, we don't win that game.
    Agreed, I thought he had a positive game overall for his return. Good to see him back.
    O'Neil was really strong.
    I'd like to say Salcedo is the best of the group, but not if he keeps picking up reds.
    Our defending problems are primarily due to our weak fullbacks. Especially on the left side.
    Last edited by wopchop; 04-17-2022 at 06:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just reading this posted on toronto reddit, this sounds scary as hell. can anyone elaborate?

https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/com...m_source=share

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Just reading this posted on toronto reddit, this sounds scary as hell. can anyone elaborate?

I don't remember them ever doing what they did last night.
    They used fences to separate East / West / Liberty village, and they had us queuing up to a constable who either watched us tap on or checked tickets. They did this for the arriving trains earlier too.

So this obviously created a huge backlog because they need at least three times as many presto readers/constables for that to work effectively, which they have needed for years.

Apparently the people in the LV line were being held back to let GO train customers through, which obviously caused some anger.

They appear to be trying to address the tunnel crowding situation, but in my opinion they made it worse this game.

In the end, this tunnel problem has existed for a decade and their complete failures to address the infrastructure are inexcusable. Now they will say all will be fixed after the new Ontario like station opens in 2030, which is still unacceptable.
    Last edited by wopchop; 04-17-2022 at 06:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn’t at last nights game but I was surprised at the earlier games when they scanned your fare upon arrival at exhibition. It created confusion as no one was aware what was happening.

The situation at GO has been a mess for years and the tunnel has been chaotic at times. I wish they would a build temp bridge over the tracks to alleviate some traffic. Those sorts of bridges are used for the Honda Indy every year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a way I'm glad somebody are finally addressing the overcrowding issue but police are always a blunt poor instrument for way finding - canine units are not helping. I wonder if the GO cops have asked the TO cops to have the horse unit on standby - its in the building right next to the GO entrance.

I get the idea of a fence to break up the flow of people towards the East train but realistically, that breakup of people needs to start just north of the stadium as pylons & somebody yelling which way to go.

Making a major change to how people flow for a night game ....bad planning.

These are cops who are looking for a reason to exist (EDIT I could say something here as a former community worker with youth in this city but I will refrain)

If it does go bad, its going to take MLSE stepping in here to calm this all down.

All this because of the need for "fare recovery" of at most $30K a game - they are spending more then that on these efforts each game. As I said, this is an organization looking for a reason to prove its existence.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-17-2022 at 08:53 AM. Reason: edited out stuff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in that crowd being funneled/marshalled at the tunnel … it actually got bad for a minute.

There was no signage, no announcements, no leadership, and not a single cop there had any idea what they were doing, or what to do when the people penned up starting getting ugly.

You go to a game in England, where they are doing crowd control in streets not more dangerous tunnels …. there is a pre match email explaining everything. There are tons of good, clear signs telling people where to be. There are plenty of cops with bullhorns explaining it.

This is all worse with the pandemic, nobody wants to be penned like that right now.

This shouldn’t be this hard.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post

I took the tunnel to the game, but when we were leaving i looked at the situation and my group walked around to the Dufferin Gate to Lamport Stadium, where we parked (1.6 KM). I cannot imagine walking through that tunnel, last night looked far worse than normal. So far this year I have parked at the stadium twice (traffic was nuts getting home) and even with the walk around I got home quicker this way. They really need to solve this and 2026 or 2030 isn’t quick enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another impressive result against a quality opponent.

Bradley Sr. has the boys playing an attractive brand of football.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the game, i think the ref was inconsistent at best.

At first glance both Poz’s and Jayden yellows looked unfair. Seeing them later completely agree…Jaydens could have been a Red.

That said, we also had two very soft yellows and felt like he was giving fouls everywhere to us and it looked like Philly was being really physical at times with nothing given… the Shaf play near the end was brutal. (I know people will say shoulder to shoulder but it was late and reckless to protect the goal kick)

Mavinga after a bit of rustiness played well and it was great seeing him back with grit, he still thinks he is a fullback on an overlap at times (LOL) which is why we love him, but good to have O’Neil back there. McNaughton was solid when he came in.

Bradley couldn’t hit a pass for the first 20 minutes but again settled down and he is still the General (we are just going to have to compensate for his lack of foot speed)

Poz, Osorio, Jimenez look really good together. Hope Osorio is ok… that injury would really hurt

Bono - commanded his box, he cannot pass long with his left foot but i thought his distribution was better tonight as well. He is back to making at least one great save every game.

Everyone else Chung, Petrasso, Shaf all had solid outings and

The most important part, the team looked like they wanted to win, which really made a cold night at BMO lots of fun.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 04-17-2022 at 10:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    On the game, i think the ref was inconsistent at best.

At first glance both Poz’s and Jayden yellows looked unfair. Seeing them later completely agree…Jaydens could have been a Red.

That said, we also had two very soft yellows and felt like he was giving fouls everywhere to us and it looked like Philly was being really physical at times with nothing given… the Shaf play near the end was brutal. (I know people will say shoulder to shoulder but it was late and reckless to protect the goal kick)

Mavinga after a bit of rustiness played well, he still thinks he is a fullback on an overlap at times (LOL), good to have O’Neil back there. McNaughton was solid when he came in.

Bradley couldn’t hit a pass for the first 20 minutes but again settled down and he is still the General (we are just going to have to compensate for his lack of foot speed)

Poz, Osorio, Jimenez look really good together. Hope Osorio is ok… that injury would really hurt

Bono - commanded his box, he cannot pass long with his left foot but i thought his distribution was better tonight as well. He is back to making at least one great save every game.

Everyone else Chung, Petrasso, Shaf all had solid outings and

The most important part, the team looked like they wanted to win, which really made a cold night at BMO lots of fun.
    They're playing with confidence. Last year, we looked shaky before we'd even got out of the tunnel. Now, he has 19 year olds running at veteran defenders.

I wonder if the pitch improving helped; our short passing seemed greatly improved yesterday save for a couple that seemed to die, perhaps wind assisted.

Good point on Bono. He looks rejuvenated.

What was particularly impressive yesterday was that as the game went on, they pressed harder, taking advantage of Philly's players tiring. McNaughton was good coming in late, Chung was good throughout the game, smart and dangerous on the overlap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    In the end, this tunnel problem has existed for a decade and their complete failures to address the infrastructure are inexcusable. Now they will say all will be fixed after the new Ontario like station opens in 2030, which is still unacceptable.
    Yep. They need to get off their collective asses and fix the problem now, not wait until something terrible happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Go tunnel stuff is part of a pilot project according to the Go rep I spoke with.

They don't have a plan really just trying different options each week. It has been a thing all season not just last game. GO apparently wants fares verified pre boarding, that is the priority. The tunnel is GO infrastructure so riders will get the priority over people passing through to LV. I Never thought the tunnel could be worse but I should not have underestimated Metrolinx. They will likely have a new configuration next match.

Honestly though MLSE should have sorted this ages ago, they have 3 teams playing on site, another in a practice venue and Larry T is a builder. if El Chapo can build a tunnel in a prison surely these guys can figure out how to put in another tunnel in a city they run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sloppy at times, but once again the boys found a way to win. It's exciting to see the academy produce so many promising prospects.

The sky is the limit for this team under Bob Bradley!