Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Match Day 7 - Philly @ TFC Sat April 16 7:38pm - But hey, we do it in style

Have at It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not looking too optimistic against the league leaders in great form, but who knows?

1-1 draw probably but I have no expectations, good or bad coming in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is really Philly that good/in such a great form, or, more likely, the whole East is average/inconsistent?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Salcedo suspended again, does Mavinga get a chance at redemption? Or is he firmly buried in Bradley's dog house?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Is really Philly that good/in such a great form, or, more likely, the whole East is average/inconsistent?
    They've given up two goals in 7 games. They'll be really tough. We're about 10th in terms of average statistical position according to WhoScored but we're near the bottom of the league in terms of chances created. Our 9 goals are nearly +3 over our expected goals.

Depends a lot on the defense.

Curtin is another of Bradley's disciples from Chicago. They'll press high, try to pin us deep, toss in a lot of short crosses from the danger zones near the top corners of the box.

We might be the fastest team they've played so far, though, so if we can win the battle of the wings, we might have a shot at getting a point or three.
    Last edited by jloome; 04-12-2022 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t like they way they appear to play given our weaknesses IE attacking Kosi and Shaff. On the other hand our strengths ie Kosi/Shaff/Poz/ Jesus can take on anyone. Look for Bradley to make a tweak or two; assuming it’ll be McNaughton- ONeill- Mavinga so Kosi and Shaff are wingbacks, and the team gets picked from there. Maybe even a Q sighting to mix things up and provide excellent counter attacking service.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to be the coldest game of the year so far. High that day is 5 - likely close to freezing come kick off.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Going to be the coldest game of the year so far. High that day is 5 - likely close to freezing come kick off.
    And to think how nice it was yesterday. TFC game days have really missed out on the weather by only a day or two a few times already this year.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really doubt he makes the bench this weekend, but love to hear that Ayo is getting close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fully expect Ayo to run through a cinder block wall to get back on the pitch (Qatar).

Conversely, I think Bradley will take his time with Ayo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salcedo may be a good defender, but he's becoming a liability with all these red cards. Who starts at CB this game?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do I forsee a back 3/5 with O'Neill - MacNaughton - Bradley (with Petrasso, Shaff, ?? as the Wingbacks)
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    Why do I forsee a back 3/5 with O'Neill - MacNaughton - Bradley (with Petrasso, Shaff, ?? as the Wingbacks)
    Or Chung. He’s played in a back three already.

If he doesn’t play Mavinga at this point, I’d have to wonder if he’s being pushed out. He’s not BB’s type; he’s honest and forthright, which is good, but he has very little self-censorship or filtering, which is very bad.

Remember, Van Der Wiel almost pulled him into his toxicity, and Mavinga apologized at the time. So he’s sort of knife’s edge or emotionally flighty, and talent notwithstanding, guys like Bradley usually hate working with people like that. It’s unfortunate, as some of the most talented and creative people you’ll meet aren’t exactly emotionally stable. But in the sports world, it’s one of the worst things you can be; it’s seen to mark them out as different, and they want everyone on a team to feel equal, familial.

But Bradley’s a bright man, so hopefully I’m being a little harsh; hopefully he gets Mavinga is a good guy, and passionate, and talented, and loves the city, and figures out how to get him to focus in and leave the other shit at home.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Or Chung. He’s played in a back three already.

If he doesn’t play Mavinga at this point, I’d have to wonder if he’s being pushed out. He’s not BB’s type; he’s honest and forthright, which is good, but he has very little self-censorship or filtering, which is very bad.

Remember, Van Der Wiel almost pulled him into his toxicity, and Mavinga apologized at the time. So he’s sort of knife’s edge or emotionally flighty, and talent notwithstanding, guys like Bradley usually hate working with people like that. It’s unfortunate, as some of the most talented and creative people you’ll meet aren’t exactly emotionally stable. But in the sports world, it’s one of the worst things you can be; it’s seen to mark them out as different, and they want everyone on a team to feel equal, familial.

But Bradley’s a bright man, so hopefully I’m being a little harsh; hopefully he gets Mavinga is a good guy, and passionate, and talented, and loves the city, and figures out how to get him to focus in and leave the other shit at home.
    Thank you, I had honestly forgotten about Chung.

Mavinga may also still have something lingering form the last international window (he did post to his Insta story from training with Congo DR and had his leg wrapped).
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking at the South Parkdale forecast, it might be a bit better than that. High for that day 6 degrees feeling like 5. Kick-off time is 5 degrees feeling like 1. N to NW winds, and it's hard to know if that's bad or not, because the alternative can be worse in April (= moist biting winds off the lake, which is still very cold this time of year).

But also realizing that the exact forecast is extremely iffy. So hard to predict the path and density of the clouds, & how much it will heat up as a result. The real and felt temperatures drop SO quickly this time of year, if overcast or after the sun goes down. We've been hiking a great deal, so I've become acutely aware of the weather. It's always crazy this time of year, but I believe the strength and number of fluctuations is even more than usual. I usually dress for 3 seasons when I go out these days (winter / spring / summer).

Long johns, layered gloves, plus an N95 for me at this TFC game. Maybe that's all I'll wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    And to think how nice it was yesterday. TFC game days have really missed out on the weather by only a day or two a few times already this year.
    It's really dumb that they're playing this game at 7:30 pm in mid-April. At 3pm on Saturday it's going to be stunningly beautiful.

I really like that the home schedule is very consistent this season. Between 2 - 4pm Sat. since the start of the season; 7 or 7:30 pm Sat. starting May 28th. That makes a ton of sense for the Toronto climate. The Philly game is a stupid outlier.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal & Vancouver game likely the priority & thus set for 3pm meant the game couldn't start until at least 5:30.

Biggest reason why I'm NOT going is the timing - evening on the holiday weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad the scheduling was mentioned. Much much better this year. Good catch Auzzy. And I’m ok with you wearing long Johns gloves and an N95. But only with a TFC shirt, eh? Unless the long Johns are red…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Mavinga doesn't draw in for this game, that doesn't bode well for his future here under Bradley Sr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    If Mavinga doesn't draw in for this game, that doesn't bode well for his future here under Bradley Sr.
    He's starting, according to a Buffery story. Had an MCL tweak at Columbus and was off the leg for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting to think that Mavinga is calmer than Salcedo…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC signs CB Adam Pearlman and LM Themi Antonoglou to 4 day loans from TFCII

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody in the defence other than Salcedo must be out if they bring up a kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's starting, according to a Buffery story. Had an MCL tweak at Columbus and was off the leg for a while.
    I’m sure he did…

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody in the defence other than Salcedo must be out if they bring up a kid.
    Priso and Noble are also out, must need depth to bring in a pair of short term signings? It was the Chang injury that had them sign Kobe to a deal for the match two weeks ago.
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 04-15-2022 at 09:05 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's good to hear.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it me or is there a ton of things going on downtown…3pm Blue Jays (Skydome), 6pm Raptors (Jurassic Park), 7PM Leafs (TV - Bars), 7:30 - TFC (BMO). Get to the game safe everyone.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking like a 4-3-3 -

(yeh, I know, Raptors game on)
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-16-2022 at 06:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chung, Mavinga, Shaff and O'Neill as the back four could be trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome to see Akinola back in the squad

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kevin Kilbane

&