0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice point… whew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ll take it, all day. If this short-stacked roster can get points, look out for TFC come summer time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unlucky but... this is the Salcedo we were told about from our friends at Tigres - the Red Card man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well deserved

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really happy to come out of there with a point.

Very interested to see if Mavinga plays next game. Something is definitely brewing there. Salcedo was mostly awful tonight and will miss the next game.

Other games TFC have been half decent defensively. Tonight even after they tied it at 2-2, they refused to set up any kind of decent defensive shape. That RSL cross to the back post near the end, why was Bono all alone back there? No other TFC player anywhere near that side of the goal, after they repeatedly got exposed at the back post throughout the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the vdeo of the
    Mavinga Bradley incident
    https://i.imgur.com/VMg5ALp.mp4

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If nothing else we are doing this with kids playing all over the pitch - that’s a win for the future of this franchise on so many levels - eventually if we can make #4 a part time player and find a young decent (cheaper?!) goalie before the year is up, this will be a huge transition year from fielding the aging roster that has been the hallmark of TFC since 2017....

Two 19 year olds scored for TFC today, when has that ever happened?!; Shaff set up the first one too, another kid.....whatever people may say about Bob Bradley, he’s come in and let the kids have a shot and we are finding some young talent that would never have seen the pitch before; adding in CPL guys too is also great....
    Last edited by tfcfans; 04-09-2022 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael Bradley has been playing well, all year. Significantly better than last year. Gets beat for pace now and then but is calm and controls the ball well. He’s as much of a revelation (in a different way) as some of the kids.

Both those finishes were quality. Fabulous!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Here's the vdeo of the
    Mavinga Bradley incident
    I think he was just showing his disgust that Nelson's goal was under review

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Michael Bradley has been playing well, all year. Significantly better than last year. Gets beat for pace now and then but is calm and controls the ball well. He’s as much of a revelation (in a different way) as some of the kids.

Both those finishes were quality. Fabulous!
    He got roasted on a few plays tonight, including a really weak effort at tackling Meram, which he missed, then Meram scored. That play had nothing to do with pace. His passing is ok but he's a defensive liabilty now. We need a real #6.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are issues that need fixing & the only player who is consistent out there is Oso.

BUT, the heart & the playing for the badge is back & that alone is enough right now to give me hope for this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    He got roasted on a few plays tonight, including a really weak effort at tackling Meram, which he missed, then Meram scored. That play had nothing to do with pace. His passing is ok but he's a defensive liabilty now. We need a real #6.
    that play was a mess from the moment Shaff turned over the ball, but yes, he overcommitted. But he’s been very good indeed all year, including this game - exactly what we need if we are having a youth movement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    There are issues that need fixing & the only player who is consistent out there is Oso.

BUT, the heart & the playing for the badge is back & that alone is enough right now to give me hope for this season.
    it was fun. The fun is back. And I like seeing the yutes grow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When it went to VAR I thought for sure that goal was going to be called back. Good on the referee to actually get that one right. Nice point in a tough location.

It’s impressive we’re picking up these points with such an inexperienced and young team. Bob’s doing a great job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salcedo has to be smarter. You can't kick that high.

What is that now, 2 red cards in 6 games or something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great result for this club in that environment.

The kids continue to impress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Here's the vdeo of the
    Mavinga Bradley incident
    I had completely forgotten about that moment until your post. I was wondering if I was seeing something in those quick few seconds on camera.

Unfortunately it's a situation that happens with every club in team sports. Impossible to keep all players content happy, and in some cases you can fault the players.

Otherwise, what a game from the kids on the road. Seems like we're witnessing live TFC's youth movement. Thompson, Nelson, etc. When Achara and Akinola are both back fit and healthy.

We are on a positive, upwards trajectory it seems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    I had completely forgotten about that moment until your post. I was wondering if I was seeing something in those quick few seconds on camera.

Unfortunately it's a situation that happens with every club in team sports. Impossible to keep all players content happy, and in some cases you can fault the players.

Otherwise, what a game from the kids on the road. Seems like we're witnessing live TFC's youth movement. Thompson, Nelson, etc. When Achara and Akinola are both back fit and healthy.

We are on a positive, upwards trajectory it seems.
    Not to be argumentative or anything, but I'd just like to point out that that angle is deceptive. He could be waving his arms at Bradley, in the foreground, or he could be waving it at something that just happened on the field.

We're just assuming it was some sort of spat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking into account how we always fail in Utah, I’ll take that. Another generally positive performance.

Schaff will need to continue to improve as his mishaps led to both goals. Great to see Thompson and Nelson get rewarded with wonderful goals. Hope that gets their confidence up.

I didn’t see anything in the Mavinga situation. Looked to me like he was calling out the refs and if Anything Bradley was having him calm down and go back to the bench.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio is our MVP so far this season.

By far the best most consistent player on the pitch - a true box to box who stepped up his game in response to CanMnt demands & has transferred that to league play. Going to enjoy this season with him because if he plays like this in Qatar, he will be gone next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio is our MVP so far this season.

By far the best most consistent player on the pitch - a true box to box who stepped up his game in response to CanMnt demands & has transferred that to league play. Going to enjoy this season with him because if he plays like this in Qatar, he will be gone next year.
    He's on a different level this year, no doubt. Age is working against him, though, as he's probably not going to make it at a premier-league level, there's just too much competition from younger talent, and the levels right below that are usually looking for long-term sell-on value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He's on a different level this year, no doubt. Age is working against him, though, as he's probably not going to make it at a premier-league level, there's just too much competition from younger talent, and the levels right below that are usually looking for long-term sell-on value.
    Contract year Osorio is absolutely on another level.

I agree with you re: Premier league (or maybe more pointedly, Europe). His athleticism is probably the only reason he wasn’t scooped up a long time ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

I agree with you re: Premier league (or maybe more pointedly, Europe). His athleticism is probably the only reason he wasn’t scooped up a long time ago.
    Given how much he's improved his strength and speed since 2017, you have to figure it's another impact of development in this country being so poor for so long.

Look at youth developing here a decade ago; even when fit and muscular they look malnourished compared to the kids in premier league and championship youth programs. In 2014-15, he still looked like a skinny kid and he was NOT quick.

They've placed so much more emphasis there on the complete player -- physical peak, tactical awarness, technique, mental drive and strength -- compared to the typical youth program here. Now, we're starting to catch up via elite programs but it'll be another decade or two before MLS players look like their European equivalents (and frankly, given the abundance of skill, drive and population to choose from in North America, it'll probably be the last hurdle in becoming a true top 10 league).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Given how much he's improved his strength and speed since 2017, you have to figure it's another impact of development in this country being so poor for so long.

Look at youth developing here a decade ago; even when fit and muscular they look malnourished compared to the kids in premier league and championship youth programs. In 2014-15, he still looked like a skinny kid and he was NOT quick.

They've placed so much more emphasis there on the complete player -- physical peak, tactical awarness, technique, mental drive and strength -- compared to the typical youth program here. Now, we're starting to catch up via elite programs but it'll be another decade or two before MLS players look like their European equivalents (and frankly, given the abundance of skill, drive and population to choose from in North America, it'll probably be the last hurdle in becoming a true top 10 league).
    Based on the development of homegrown talent, MLS is not a top 10 league yet. Based on the overall calibre of play in MLS today, I think there is a valid argument to be made that it could be considered a top 10 league, or very close to it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS will not be a top 10 league until the powers that be accept that it is possible to do so by spending top 10 league averages in salary - that will require better TV money then they are going to get.

I would settle for being as fun to watch as Serie A.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

I get this about Osorio and athleticism but how much more athletic is a guy like Jorginho of Chelsea over Osorio I’m just talking about pure athleticism here. I don’t think it’s always about athleticism because there are many players playing in top leagues like a guy like Jorginho of Chelsea that are no more more athletic than Osorio.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS will not be a top 10 league until the powers that be accept that it is possible to do so by spending top 10 league averages in salary - that will require better TV money then they are going to get.

I would settle for being as fun to watch as Serie A.
    It's the catch-22 of MLS. You need better players to get the views. You need better views to pay for the players without going under like the NASL.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Osorio could do a job for a midtable La Liga side. A Vigo or Osasuna might provide him that last chance to go to Europe. I just think he'll want to go this summer before the World Cup starts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My theory is TFC are "rewarding" Oso for his years of service by letting his contract run out and giving him one final chance at Europe

I don't think anyone in Europe will want to spend a transfer fee on him at his age but I can definitely see a lot of takers if he's a free agent, particularly if he has a good World Cup. It's probably better he stays here actually where he's a written-in-pen starter and on form one of the league's best midfielders, which should put him in very good position to be in Canada's starting XI, as opposed to not even making the bench at Forest for example.

Earning a point in Utah is no mean feat, so great result, and two great goals! I think the second half showed we're still too frail to play with a back 4, so hopefully we go back to 3 CB's against Philly, which is probably a must-play game for Mavinga

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    I get this about Osorio and athleticism but how much more athletic is a guy like Jorginho of Chelsea over Osorio I’m just talking about pure athleticism here. I don’t think it’s always about athleticism because there are many players playing in top leagues like a guy like Jorginho of Chelsea that are no more more athletic than Osorio.
    Oso could for sure play for Chelsea. They are nothing but malnourished skinny guys.