Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    TFC looking good. Really impressed with Petrasso, Chung, and MacNaughton. Nelson needs to step up more IMO.
    Trio stepping up to the Big League. Nelson trying to be hero at all times. He needs a reset before getting all this playing time. Pozuelo was going to kill him. JMR looked more confident ... he's going to a good one. Nice WIN !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CPL, got any more of these boys for us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Hey... do you think any of those posters who only show up when it's bad times are going to come on the board this week and admit their projections of a 5-0 loss and no wins until July are just insane bullshit?
    Stated perfectly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched the game from my place within the GTA, I think the boys are doing good and even though theyve had a faulty start to the beginning of thte season i would say that for the most part the ball is ours and that they arent looking to lose it but play it sort of wide, you would assume that we had 2 goals in stead of the one that let in from them, which held up to prove that because we dont lose the ball that much its almost like its good to have but you wouldn't mind if you shot more.

sincerely, pawtar711

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the DC goal, I thought that was our best overall defensive effort of the season.

The new formation is much better suited to our current roster. Kudos to Bradley Sr. for making the right tactical adjustments.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random thoughts

BB had to calm Poz down from killing Nelson.

Salcedo is a defensive boss / leader.

Bradley is almost as bad as Bono for passing the ball to nowhere near one of our players.

Oso is just sooooo good.

Achara is never going to score again, it seems.

McNaughton & Chung are MLS class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PawTar711 View Post
    Just watched the game from my place within the GTA, I think the boys are doing good and even though theyve had a faulty start to the beginning of thte season i would say that for the most part the ball is ours and that they arent looking to lose it but play it sort of wide, you would assume that we had 2 goals in stead of the one that let in from them, which held up to prove that because we dont lose the ball that much its almost like its good to have but you wouldn't mind if you shot more.

sincerely, pawtar711
    Yep, could use taking a few more chances. But the defensive tradeoff so far has been worth it after last year's shitshow of a season!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the game. Loved it. Agree that we were good after their goal. Bradley had an excellent game. Looks like he has reversed his decline. Really pleased for Chung McNaughton and Petrasso.

I disagree a bit re Nelson. He was night and day better than last season - but still doesn’t know how to link up with teammates. Hopefully that comes.

Achara never stopped running, and JMR looked very serious and focused when he came in.

Referee was TERRIBLE.

Edit- Salcedo class

ONeill and Oso were greeting pretty heated a couple of times in the first half.

Bono could have stopped that goal if he had started a large step to his left. Where he should have been.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having Insigne taking all these chances on the LW instead of Nelson is gonna be so huge. Not that we should be giving up on Jayden, but there is mucho work be done there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other than Nelson I thought everyone was very good today.

Oso absolutely bossed the midfield today. MOTM even without the goal. MB a pretty close second.

Still much to improve but full value for the three points. Been a while since I've enjoyed watching a TFC game that much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    Other than Nelson I thought everyone was very good today.

Oso absolutely bossed the midfield today. MOTM even without the goal. MB a pretty close second.

Still much to improve but full value for the three points. Been a while since I've enjoyed watching a TFC game that much
    I think Bob Bradley may be our first ever manager to adjust to the players he has, rather than trying to force a system. We don't have a DM, it was clear after two games that we needed more strength at the back, so he went to a 532. Good management.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got home, traffic atrocious. Miss the train.

Salcedo MOTM for me, really worked hard, chased every play right to the end, commanded the line and was communicating to everyone. solid with his left and right foot.

Pitch still looked rough… move the Argos somewhere else.

DC aren’t a good team, but will take the win, the confidence and looking forward to surprising NYFC in two weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post

Pitch still looked rough… move the Argos somewhere else.
    Argonauts have not played since December.

This one seems to be fault of MLSE. Probably cuts to the groundskeeping crew/budget.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was actually an article on this. Not allowed to use too much fungicide or he probably could have saved the pitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was at the game, so something I don't think you would've seen on tv with Chung in the game, was somewhere around the five minute mark Salcedo was ripping into him for not overlapping on a play (Salcedo was on the right wing after a corner, wanted Chung to run an overlap behind him, instead Chung stayed around the midfield line probably because Salcedo was up), kept yelling at him for like 2 minutes after that about that play telling him he has to overlap. After that, Chung started overlapping every opportunity creating good runs and plays. Salcedo seems like a great add, committed to bettering everyone instead of just worried about himself, like I felt with Soteldo.
    Last edited by rydermike; 03-19-2022 at 06:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salcedo and MacNaughton look to be communicating really well. Liked that Bono was making good use of Salcedo to move the ball forward, he even had a few good throws. I was impressed with the few minutes from Kosi.

Does anyone know what happened in 114 at the end? Eli had the south going and then it looked like they were getting kicked out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta say, I'm loving Petrasso and his wand of a left peg

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Agree 100%. I would like to see him a little more ruthless on shutting down the cross but in the grand scheme of the things. The left side is looking really solid. Would be so nice to get Mavinga back to form.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched the pressers afterwards - worth a listen.

Both Poz & Bob indicated the team can't play the way it wants at home until the field gets better.

Played a back 3 against DCU because of the need to get at their back 3 with WB's.

Get the feeling Bob is OK with this but knows the team will be better.

BIG pressure to get the win today.

Bob says he is adjusting to Poz as he watches him - I don't think I've ever heard that from an MLS coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Was at the game, so something I don't think you would've seen on tv with Chung in the game, was somewhere around the five minute mark Salcedo was ripping into him for not overlapping on a play (Salcedo was on the right wing after a corner, wanted Chung to run an overlap behind him, instead Chung stayed around the midfield line probably because Salcedo was up), kept yelling at him for like 2 minutes after that about that play telling him he has to overlap. After that, Chung started overlapping every opportunity creating good runs and plays. Salcedo seems like a great add, committed to bettering everyone instead of just worried about himself, like I felt with Soteldo.
    Thanks for the intel. I get the same feeling from Salcedo; seems like a really solid guy.

As for the game, Oso, Petrasso, McNaughton were the MOTM for me. Canadians have been killing it so far for us! I've been thoroughly impressed by McNaughton so far in particular; dare I say the #2 CB on the team? How did this guy take so long to make it to the big leagues? He's hardly set a foot wrong so far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    He made a very good run at the end of game too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    Thanks for the intel. I get the same feeling from Salcedo; seems like a really solid guy.

As for the game, Oso, Petrasso, McNaughton were the MOTM for me. Canadians have been killing it so far for us! I've been thoroughly impressed by McNaughton so far in particular; dare I say the #2 CB on the team? How did this guy take so long to make it to the big leagues? He's hardly set a foot wrong so far
    Yeah, badly overlooked. Pa Modou Kah, who was a very good professional and his coach at Pacific, figured he could play at a high level.

He's an intelligent player. There was a moment in the first half when Osorio pushed wide to be an outlet for him, and he immediately frantically gestured to Pozuelo, directing him to drop in behind Osorio so that there was decent space between the lines. Very smart.

His only two shortcomings so far are his occasional soft passes (but only occasional, like once a game) and being a little late when he's pushed wide to go in on the tackle. But even those are few and far between. A steal of a player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that really helped today was using Chung and Petrasso as the wingbacks aka two actual players who have played wing back before. Playing three at the back also helped, but I felt those two never really got caught out of position like JMR and Shaff would on a regular basis

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah field isnt an Argos issue. But if this keeps up, after the World Cup in 26, i wouldnt be suprised if they switch to turf. MLSE would much prefer an artificial surface, cheaper to maintain, and allows them to use the facility more.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Caldwell has zero humility. Slo-mo replay shows a clear dive, but "Clumsy challenge by Pozuelo..."
    One of the best aspects of watching the game in the stadium: not having to listen to Caldwell.

A bit more noticeable when watching the game from high in the stands: Nelson truly is frustrating. Not just on his two SOG from a tight angle when other options were available, plus slowing down so much on the first chance which allowed DC to get back in position. Also other times when a quick pass was available (probably hard to see on TV) but Nelson almost always chooses to hold the ball, slow it down, and attempt a risky dribble.

It's good Jayden is being given some time to learn. He has obvious skill, but he better get with it soon. Too many times he plays as if he's still the best player on his rep team. Not just with the missed passing opportunities; also other times where he hot dogs it and tries something fancy which rarely works. MLS players are big and will just strip you of the ball if you goof around with it, and the officials will allow a fair bit of contact.

That being said the ref sucked today. Too many 50-50 or less calls going against TFC. Or the identical situations being called differently for the two teams
    Last edited by Auzzy; 03-19-2022 at 09:41 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Yeah field isnt an Argos issue. But if this keeps up, after the World Cup in 26, i wouldnt be suprised if they switch to turf. MLSE would much prefer an artificial surface, cheaper to maintain, and allows them to use the facility more.
    I think there's zero chance of TFC switching to artificial turf. Not with the (often aging) internationals they want to sign.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Golf courses can use a fungicide to get themselves a longer growing period before this time of the year - BMO field can't. That's been the story for 5 years now.
    IF we get a decent February thaw, that helps with the growing. But, its been a cold Jan & Feb. (see mountains of snow still around even today).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    Argonauts have not played since December.

This one seems to be fault of MLSE. Probably cuts to the groundskeeping crew/budget.
    Sorry but grass recovery season does not start on December. Also, less so today, but you could still see the sidelines of the Argo field, and last game the yard markers as well. Certainly a factor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    ONeill and Oso were greeting pretty heated a couple of times in the first half.
    Am I overreacting or is this kind of a concern? That's the second time in four games this has happened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    There was actually an article on this. Not allowed to use too much fungicide or he probably could have saved the pitch
    Yes, there was that article. I wasn’t fully convinced, sounded like an excuse. Seems to me the greenskeeper has to share some of the blame. (And the Argos)