Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this rate it's not going to matter who joins the team in the summer, it's going to be too late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    That was good from Nelson. Excellent decision where choice wasn’t obvious. Forcing it across goal would have been useless.
    But he made a poor decision to be in that spot by checking his run. He should've stayed at speed and cut inside, would've given him the far post with only one man marking him.

He's very 50/50 on whether he takes the right option.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calcedo in no man's land for that goal. Could see the 3 on 2 before the cross came in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m hesitant to hold one of our forwards accountable for blowing coverage that should be had by the midfield and a defensive line that looks a shambles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chung with a really nice cross after taking his man on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    But he made a poor decision to be in that spot by checking his run. He should've stayed at speed and cut inside, would've given him the far post with only one man marking him.

He's very 50/50 on whether he takes the right option.
    Slowing down was correct, gave time for him to see if JJ’s run would develop for the cross.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprised no one on this forum has blamed Bono for everything today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slowing down was correct, gave time for him to see if JJ’s run would develop for the cross.
    Disagree, he should have cut in with speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think the defense is playing a straight zone on set pieces, they're man marking. So it's a bit on both; the defence should've stepped up way quicker to stop the initial cross, and Nelson shouldn't have let his man go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    Disagree, he should have cut in with speed.
    Yeah, you never check a run that deep to wait for trailers unless you already have men in the box. He's a skill player with speed being marked by a single guy, so definitely should've gone straight to goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m convinced on Nelson being worthy of a spot on the bench. Once Insigne comes, you still need another starting winger though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Midfield has no real shape right now. Bradley in no man’s land, Oso roaming free. It’s like they’re playing dollar store total football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m convinced on Nelson being worthy of a spot on the bench. Once Insigne comes, you still need another starting winger though.
    Hopefully they use that international spot and all that TAM and get us someone experienced who's going to add some terror to defenders.

I don't think Nelson's far off being that guy, maybe two or three seasons away, by which time he'll have a strong sample of boneheaded choices to learn not to repeat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back in it!

DC has as many shortcomings as we do. Great corner.

MB with the beauty flick

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Petrasso!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHAT a buildup - somehow the CPL additions have been incredible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    WHAT a buildup - somehow the CPL additions have been incredible
    It just demonstrates how much better that league could be with even a minimal proper budget for player salaries.

They've graduated... what, four players to MLS in four years? THat's pretty pitiful for supposedly being one level down.

But the skill potential is obviously there. Put a few experienced better players on each team and imagine the benefits. Did anyone see Chung ever play this well, anywhere?

Nope. But put him around more experienced players at a higher level and he steps up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully they use that international spot and all that TAM and get us someone experienced who's going to add some terror to defenders.

I don't think Nelson's far off being that guy, maybe two or three seasons away, by which time he'll have a strong sample of boneheaded choices to learn not to repeat.
    Petrasso seems to really have benefited from his seasons in USL. Nelson could use more seasoning before he's ready.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know everyone is going to be on macnaughton for that goal and rightfully so leaving so much space but there were all sorts of oddities there.

Asking a CB to pull that wide is a recipe for disaster to begin with. One of Chung or Bradley should be over helping. Felt Bono’s anticipation was weak and someone blew their mark in the box also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It just demonstrates how much better that league could be with even a minimal proper budget for player salaries.

They've graduated... what, four players to MLS in four years? THat's pretty pitiful for supposedly being one level down.

But the skill potential is obviously there. Put a few experienced better players on each team and imagine the benefits. Did anyone see Chung ever play this well, anywhere?

Nope. But put him around more experienced players at a higher level and he steps up.
    I watch a lot of CPL. I thought Chung could play well at this level. There were an awful lot of TFC fans who were judging him prematurely solely on the league he was coming from. I'm glad he's done well so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was that interference? It looked to me like Nelson had position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jayden Nelson is so frustrating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My main gripe with Bradley tactically is our midfield positioning, we're all over the place there. Why is one of the best offensive weapons in the league, pozuelo, dropping so deep? Why is Bradley pushing so high with no track record of offensive output? And what position is osario even playing? We're all over the place in mid field at times and other teams are picking us apart in there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    I watch a lot of CPL. I thought Chung could play well at this level. There were an awful lot of TFC fans who were judging him prematurely solely on the league he was coming from. I'm glad he's done well so far.
    It's very hard to judge when the play is so much slower, which the CPL is.

I wouldv'e thought Abzi at York would've made it before him, and Pasquotti, although it appears the latter's career is done from the ACL tear.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This half of the season is basically seeing what parts we have for the future - play the kids and painfully learn who might be something decent. Maybe some CPL guys and Rutty and Nelson will be part of the near future with starters like Oso and Salcedo and Poz and O’Neill and Jesus and the Italian(s). Find a goalie, make #4 a 30-45 minute player (and I love the guy, but it’s time), start easing Priso into things more for #4 - then a bench of Okello, Achara, Ayo (need to see what we have still I think?!) and Shaff could start when healthy too.....almost the makings of a team....but it might be painful to watch until the summer, or even this whole year while we figure things out.....

....still prefer this to watching a team of old guys with no thought to the future — we needed to turn over the squad 2-3 years ago....when in doubt, I will just keep betting the “total goals Over” for most of our games this year...LOL....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Why is Bradley pushing so high with no track record of offensive output?
    Well, recently anyway... He scored 17 goals in his second year in the Eredivisie, playing in the hole.

He's never come close to repeating that.

I think they're pushing him up and Osorio back a little, which kind of makes sense, as Bradley is a dangerous passer and Osorio still has wheels. Notionally, with three at the back, we don't need a wrecker as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, recently anyway... He scored 17 goals in his second year in the Eredivisie, playing in the hole.

He's never come close to repeating that.

I think they're pushing him up and Osorio back a little, which kind of makes sense, as Bradley is a dangerous passer and Osorio still has wheels. Notionally, with three at the back, we don't need a wrecker as well.
    Fair, should have said for TFC!

And I don't see it. For me Bradley is not a good offensive passer at all, quite the opposite, and it's like we're throwing players all out of position. Osario isn't a defensive asset, Bradley isn't an offensive asset and pozuelo should be as high up the pitch as we can get away with. We're accentuating all the weaknesses of all 3 and as a result losing all mid field cohesion. We somehow both lack a good defensive mid fielder covering the defence AND lack good numbers from mid field in the final third
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 03-19-2022 at 03:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caldwell has zero humility. Slo-mo replay shows a clear dive, but "Clumsy challenge by Pozuelo..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chung has Brad Smith's number. He's so physical Chung can just shield it and get a call every time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the stadium, this game feels like it is 1 Jayden Nelson play from a goal - not sure which side for though.