Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    As I stated above I could give two craps about who is the coach , I watched my club Chelsea come within a John Terry missed penalty of winning Champions league with unknown useless Avram Grant as manager and I have watched as Liverpool legend Rafa Benitez and Leicester legend Claudio Ranieri both shit the bed in recent years. I believe TFC will win again soon but have illusions about Bob Bradley’s greatness, I see that the MLSE board has decided to throw money at this club, see Insigne.. that’s what wins
    Well, I have to disagree with you. Chris Armas was a disaster, playing people out of position, wedded to his "idea" despite a roster completely unsuitable for it. Nearly destroyed the club. On the other hand, look at the resurgence of Nottingham Forest under Steve Cooper.

Coaching matters.

As for Chelsea, sure, it had the infinite resources of Putin's buddy seeking to sportswash his money and reputation. Hardly a model for the rest of soccer.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Well, I have to disagree with you. Chris Armas was a disaster, playing people out of position, wedded to his "idea" despite a roster completely unsuitable for it. Nearly destroyed the club. On the other hand, look at the resurgence of Nottingham Forest under Steve Cooper.

Coaching matters.

As for Chelsea, sure, it had the infinite resources of Putin's buddy seeking to sportswash his money and reputation. Hardly a model for the rest of soccer.
    Playing people out of position? You mean like Bradley did against Red Bulls, Also why are great coaches like Benitez and Ranieri failing recently?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also why are great coaches like Benitez and Ranieri failing recently?
    Because one is overrated and they both took on jobs where the rosters were poorly assembled shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like this is drifting pretty far afield but to strike at the central thesis, I think bad coaching can definitely ruin a good team but great coaching that pushes a squad over-the-too is a bit of a rarity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I feel like this is drifting pretty far afield but to strike at the central thesis, I think bad coaching can definitely ruin a good team but great coaching that pushes a squad over-the-too is a bit of a rarity.
    100% this, look at Jose Mourinho, you can't polish a turd and frankly I think the performance for most of Saturdays game with that line up would, if anything, give me confidence in BB - that was more than the sum of our parts

Also not sure Rafa or Ranieri have the consistent resume needed to be considered truly great coaches
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 03-14-2022 at 12:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best is yet to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    100% this, look at Jose Mourinho, you can't polish a turd and frankly I think the performance for most of Saturdays game with that line up would, if anything, give me confidence in BB - that was more than the sum of our parts

Also not sure Rafa or Ranieri have the consistent resume needed to be considered truly great coaches
    Without getting further off topic, Jose almost did polish Spurs until getting the sack before a cup final. Somehow got ManU to second too with that backstabbing group of players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing people out of position? You mean like Bradley did against Red Bulls, Also why are great coaches like Benitez and Ranieri failing recently?
    There’s a big difference from Armas having healthy bodies and playing them purposely out of position and Bradley having to do it out of necessity (no Salcedo/Mavinga).

I get youre upset but I don’t think you’re being fair here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    The best is yet to come.
    "we've only just begun..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    "we've only just begun..."
    There was a period at the beginning of the match where we were playing as good of football as I have ever seen from us. Of course the young guys have trouble keeping that kind of focus for 90 minutes but when they figure that out, things will be looking good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    There was a period at the beginning of the match where we were playing as good of football as I have ever seen from us. Of course the young guys have trouble keeping that kind of focus for 90 minutes but when they figure that out, things will be looking good.
    It really looked like we're heading the right way. I still think it'll be a tough year; we have a tough first half in terms of scheduling and it's a lot for some of these guys to become day-in and out starters. I don't think another wide right attacker would hurt, or a defensive midfielder.

But hard to complain when they play that well for 55 minutes.