Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume this is Shaff and maybe Osorio (who reportedly picked up a knock in training).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

6-0 columbus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I don’t entirely disagree but think about the comedy of inconsistencies here: the linesman who was right next to the play said no foul. The ref, who was further away said yellow. VAR said it was Red. The official who reviewed the tape after flagging by VAR said it wasn’t a red but rather still a yellow.

MLS referees among themselves can’t even agree how to call the game, how are the players to understand it?
    VAR has continued to expose what we all thought about MLS officiating. Where in the past you could give some allowance as referees are human and get tired in a match as well. There is however ZERO excuse for VAR to not be 99.99% correct when you have officials sitting comfortably in the booth, with slow reply, and numerous camera angles consistently making poor calls.

I believe there is an element of match fixing involved as well, I would image the wages of officials to be sub standard compared to other pro NA sport, the poor standard of officiating correlates with this, and opens up the possibility of match fixing.

There no reason to believe MLS is somehow invulnerable, North Americans like to believe their pro sports are squeaky clean yet it is quite possibly far from that in MLS.
    Last edited by Richard; 03-10-2022 at 05:48 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I assume this is Shaff and maybe Osorio (who reportedly picked up a knock in training).

Argh here we go again...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Salcedo as well! 5-1Columbus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the game a couple weeks ago I decided to head to The Wheat Sheaf (various reasons), and sure they had it on some TVs but no game audio and the moment the Leafs broadcast started at 7pm, they changed over half the TVs to that.

Not really keen on going back there for tomorrow's game against Columbus. Someone else mentioned Firkin on Harbour. Are there any other locations in the downtown Toronto area where a decent group will be gathering to watch, and where they'll have the audio/commentary on?

Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah...not optimistic about this one with Salcedo and a couple of other regulars questionable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More kids in the lineup? What could possibly go wrong?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

Team flew down to Columbus today - charter

My dog is not impressed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Columbus has a brutally strong lineup, with depth in most positions. I wish otherwise but I'm guessing we lose 3-1, and that's an optimistic take.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    For the game a couple weeks ago I decided to head to The Wheat Sheaf (various reasons), and sure they had it on some TVs but no game audio and the moment the Leafs broadcast started at 7pm, they changed over half the TVs to that.

Not really keen on going back there for tomorrow's game against Columbus. Someone else mentioned Firkin on Harbour. Are there any other locations in the downtown Toronto area where a decent group will be gathering to watch, and where they'll have the audio/commentary on?

Thanks in advance
    It’s been difficult to find anywhere to watch in Toronto the past couple of years or so. Mostly disheartening. The Monarch Tavern can usually be convinced to play the match (sometimes with sound sometimes not) but I haven’t tried it this season yet.

The Brazen Head in Liberty Village has claimed to be a TFC pub but I find it’s hit and miss depending on what else is playing (and no audio). Across the road at The Craft I’ve had good luck (the manager is (or was) Irish and so he understands and has seemed happy to put the game on). Again, haven’t tried this season yet.

Sometimes the Dog and Bear on Queen will put TFC on one screen. The Paddock may play the match with audio and is a pleasant place but I’d call ahead to be sure.

I tried the Firkin on Harbour for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it was mostly empty with all screens to TFC but no audio (loud music not much to my taste).

Other than The Wheat Sheaf that’s about all I know. If anyone has any other ideas I’d also like to hear.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 03-12-2022 at 01:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for predictions, we should be soundly beaten but who knows. Maybe BB will come with better tactics, maybe the space allowed will give us more time for decision making. And one more week to have begun to get used to playing together.

An early goal might help. Jimenez has looked capable of scoring a lot. I hope Pozuelo can sort himself out in Bradley’s system because we sure need all his skills. But it’s difficult to do that, no doubt, when so much else is not working around him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    A draw will be a great result for TFC, and if we play at the level we've done it in the first match, we may achieve that.
    Otherwise it's a clear Columbus victory.
    Changing my prediction, because Salcedo (and maybe 1-2 more starters) is out.

A draw will be a superb result for TFC.
    TFC to win? Impossible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to watch preview before match TFC, please give subscription if you like it
    https://youtu.be/BkQaH5XWlwo

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only see Shaff on the injured list & that's all people discuss - Akinola hasn't been back yet so don't count him yet at all.

Not expecting anything in terms of points out of this game. A good result would be some offensive threat that includes actual shots on goal (not just passing it around the top of the box) & some defensive solidity.

Wish Westberg would start but Bono seems the guy for now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post

Come by the Millstreet Pub in the Distillery District, they are very TFC friendly as the official beer of the team, a bunch of us will be there.

Thanks in advance
    Come by the Millstreet Pub in the Distillery District, they are very TFC friendly as the official beer of the team, a bunch of us will be there.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    FWIW

Team flew down to Columbus today - charter

My dog is not impressed

Impressed or not it is great to see your dog again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Sold. That was one of the options on my mind, and works with my morning waterfront bike ride

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna have to miss the first half due to work. I'll be back to rejoice/despair with you all in second half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoping for a bounce back game from Mavinga and an MVP performance from Poz. Whoever plays LB (Petrasso or Chung) can maybe bring a bit more defensive play than Shaff. Today will likely be a loss, but hoping for some groundwork to be laid for future games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its a learning experience for all today, as long as we are improving each game, i will try and limit my complaining lol, but it will test my patience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let’s just play sensibly. Keep the fullbacks more anchored and don’t like the mids drift too far forward. Count on Pozuelo and Jimenez for offence in the counter.

Not saying we full bunker but a sense of pragmatism is welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is going to be nasty, I just hope it’s nasty enough to get their feet moving on some deals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status...00699381112833

Good lord this lineup

Bradley at CB and Mavinga not even on the bench, yikes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Bradley at CB thing in prior years was nothing short of huge disaster. Why are we going down this route again?

I expect Okello to actually turn in a real performance for once. If I hear “once he figures his game out, he’s going to be a force!” one more time, I’m going to lose it.

I am hoping the only reason Priso isn’t starting is fitness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sure Michael Bradley will offset these two CPL guys and the 17 year old on the backline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Bradley at CB thing in prior years was nothing short of huge disaster. Why are we going down this route again?

I expect Okello to actually turn in a real performance for once. If I hear “once he figures his game out, he’s going to be a force!” one more time, I’m going to lose it.

I am hoping the only reason Priso isn’t starting is fitness.
    Priso played all preseason and has been available all three weeks this year, he should be fit enough to play 60+ minutes. I am starting to think Bob just prefers Okello and MB to Ralph.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe because his dad is the coach?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Priso played all preseason and has been available all three weeks this year, he should be fit enough to play 60+ minutes. I am starting to think Bob just prefers Okello and MB to Ralph.
    I fear that too. And I hate to say it but it’s a wholly ridiculous decision.

There is no TFC 11 that should include Chung, JMR, and Nelson but not Priso.

Heck, I’d argue he’d be one of our best 5 players in the 11 today if we actually put him out there.