Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are reasons why I mute some people that I occasionally forget
    &
    I will never rely upon twitter or insta for post game discussions for many of the same reasons.

In the cold light of the day, the team is getting better & that is enough, for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd much rather talk to everyone on here about the game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley post game

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/postg...-march-12-2022

Once again, not happy but seeing progress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Don’t know. I knew tfc would lose today so I did not waste two hours of my life watching the game
    If you're only going to watch TFC when you know they'll win, you're really not going to watch them too much.

Despite the loss there were things to like in that game. It's enjoyable to have TFC back on my screen or in front of me at BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    If you're only going to watch TFC when you know they'll win, you're really not going to watch them too much.

Despite the loss there were things to like in that game. It's enjoyable to have TFC back on my screen or in front of me at BMO.
    I didn't watch today either, the 18 was so beyond pathetic today - I couldn't justify even giving it my eyeballs. And I spend most weeks waiting for matches, so takes quite something for me to miss a match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    When will soccer introduce an actual game clock like other sports ? You stop the clock when there is an injury , that player was down more than 4 minutes and plus all the other stoppages and only 4 minutes of stoppage time ? As long as they keep having the ref keep time players will keep faking injuries why wouldn’t you fake an injury if your up and want to kill time .
    Hopefully never. It's a free-flowing game. Meant to be a simple game that anyone can play without the need of $$$. I.e. don't need any equipment and rules are the same wherever you play.Let's every kid dream they can be soccer professional one day.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I didn't watch today either, the 18 was so beyond pathetic today - I couldn't justify even giving it my eyeballs. And I spend most weeks waiting for matches, so takes quite something for me to miss a match.

You missed a good first 55 - the offensive play & the work of the young defenders was worth the time. McNaughton getting a shiner & still playing through that - Chung with the Mavinga like tackles. Petrasso continuing to impress.

&

Jesus is just a consistant baller (although I'd note Bradley thought a bit before he answered the question about how well he is playing with Poz & ignored it by talking about how Poz is doing)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Jesus is just a consistant baller (although I'd note Bradley thought a bit before he answered the question about how well he is playing with Poz & ignored it by talking about how Poz is doing)
    I get the sense that Bradley wants Jesus to play a certain way, and he isn't quite fitting in with that.

I noticed he's dropping quite deep at times. I don't blame him though - after 55 minutes we had nothing going forward and if he wanted to get touches he needed to come deep into our half in order to get involved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You missed a good first 55 - the offensive play & the work of the young defenders was worth the time. McNaughton getting a shiner & still playing through that - Chung with the Mavinga like tackles. Petrasso continuing to impress.

&

Petrasso looks immense. Really looking forward to seeing that. I liked Chung at CPL level, but I’m quite adamant he’s not ready to sit on an MLS bench yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Petrasso looks immense. Really looking forward to seeing that. I liked Chung at CPL level, but I’m quite adamant he’s not ready to sit on an MLS bench yet.
    Chung did quite well today I think. Was much better then the preseason game where he got the start and was the cause of one or two goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    second goal is on chung...didnt follow the player or the ball and his player got his head to the ball easily and it wasnt even a high ball
    Becoming a weekly event for you to pounce on Chung ... leave the guy alone, he had a decent game with marvelous tackles and in pushing the ball forward. He and MacNaughton as rookies played solidly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like the fact that we are playing the young guys,but not all at once ,we need a stud DM that can mix and match with the young guys.a starting FB and a starting winger.so we could ease the young guys in,i would like to see these guys come in a game where we are winning 2 - 3 nil.play with some ease not always pressure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i like the fact that we are playing the young guys,but not all at once ,we need a stud DM that can mix and match with the young guys.a starting FB and a starting winger.so we could ease the young guys in,i would like to see these guys come in a game where we are winning 2 - 3 nil.play with some ease not always pressure
    I hear you on this.

I want these young guys to learn too. And I see positive aspects of their play and potential. But we have to win the odd game otherwise this project will get flushed. Hoping they can make that happen soon.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL at the folks not watching and basing their opinion on Instagram comments or on pre-season form.

The majority of that game was WAY better than expected. TFC was playing some real tiki-taka for long stretches. Columbus didn't know what hit them, they were chasing shadows. (Columbus adjusted to get better; BB's adjustments made things worse, plus time and fitness caught up to a thin TFC squad.)

Even some of the bad stuff was very interesting.

Yes there are huge gaps on the roster. And the early-season injuries are beyond bizarre, blowing holes in a thin squad. This could all continue to be mostly shite at least until the summer. But there was some great stuff to see today that gives me hope for now and for the future.

When will a journalist finally ask some tough questions about the injury and fitness problems that have been happening to TFC for about 5 years? Did Bradley bring in any new guys in that area? At least some of the people in that section of the TFC website have been here much longer. What happened to that "amazing sports science" company that was supposed to come in and make everything better?
    Last edited by Auzzy; 03-12-2022 at 10:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I stand corrected on Okello...the guy can pass when he doesn't have time to think (this reminds me of Oso circa 2014).
    He was really good in the first half, a revelation. Whatever position he was playing in that half is the right one for him. And I saw it the way you did Og: lots of excellent ball movement. I’d actually like to see the first half again.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 03-12-2022 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    LOL at the folks not watching and basing their opinion on Instagram comments or on pre-season form.

The majority of that game was WAY better than expected. TFC was playing some real tiki-taka for long stretches. Columbus didn't know what hit them, they were chasing shadows. (Columbus adjusted to get better; BB's adjustments made things worse, plus time and fitness caught up to a thin TFC squad.)

Even some of the bad stuff was very interesting.

Yes there are huge gaps on the roster. And the early-season injuries are beyond bizarre, blowing holes in a thin squad. This could all continue to be mostly shite at least until the summer. But there was some great stuff to see today that gives me hope for now and for the future.

When will a journalist finally ask some tough questions about the injury and fitness problems that have been happening to TFC for about 5 years? Did Bradley bring in any new guys in that area? At least some of the people in that section of the TFC website have been here much longer. What happened to that "amazing sports science" company that was supposed to come in and make everything better?
    Auzzy, your comments about the game are spot on. We basically controlled it until a) BB changed the formation and brought on Priso for Achara and b) the referee called a non existent foul. It was a real treat to watch, period - but an extra treat given the low expectations.

Also, Michael Bradley played very well indeed and should be called out, particularly given the pounding he gets on these Boards.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Auzzy, your comments about the game are spot on. We basically controlled it until a) BB changed the formation and brought on Priso for Achara and b) the referee called a non existent foul. It was a real treat to watch, period - but an extra treat given the low expectations.

Also, Michael Bradley played very well indeed and should be called out, particularly given the pounding he gets on these Boards.
    Yes I thought that Michael Bradley and Luke played very well -- especially better than expected at CB for MB4! (Some day I'll learn how to spell Luke's last name.) If I want to be pedantic, in the 2nd half when things were falling apart anyway, there were a few times where Michael dribbled forward too far and into a crowd, so the defence behind him was really exposed if there was a turnover. Perhaps moments of him thinking he's playing midfield. But others like Nelson, Priso, or Okello should also recognize that, and cover back when a CB goes forward. Also I believe Ogthedim mentioned that Michael didn't do too well when speedy forwards were running straight at him -- but Bradley still had some amazing tackles that stopped the attack dead in those situation. Plus, again BB or one of MB's teammates should recognize the risk of speedy forwards, and shield the backline -- as they did for the majority of the game until things started falling apart.

Obviously this was a massive stopgap. Apparently O'Neill was also injured, and was only on the bench for absolute emergencies. (Again what is it with all these early-season injuries?)

After many of us were begging for Priso, we have to admit he was REALLY bad today. Brought almost nothing defensively, and gave away the ball on almost every single pass. Maybe that's what BB is seeing in practice; perhaps Priso is mostly physically fit, but not up to consistent mental game fitness yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Yes I thought that Michael Bradley and Luke played very well -- especially better than expected at CB for MB4! (Some day I'll learn how to spell Luke's last name.) If I want to be pedantic, in the 2nd half when things were falling apart anyway, there were a few times where Michael dribbled forward too far and into a crowd, so the defence behind him was really exposed if there was a turnover. Perhaps moments of him thinking he's playing midfield. But others like Nelson, Priso, or Okello should also recognize that, and cover back when a CB goes forward. Also I believe Ogthedim mentioned that Michael didn't do too well when speedy forwards were running straight at him -- but Bradley still had some amazing tackles that stopped the attack dead in those situation. Plus, again BB or one of MB's teammates should recognize the risk of speedy forwards, and shield the backline -- as they did for the majority of the game until things started falling apart.

Obviously this was a massive stopgap. Apparently O'Neill was also injured, and was only on the bench for absolute emergencies. (Again what is it with all these early-season injuries?)

After many of us were begging for Priso, we have to admit he was REALLY bad today. Brought almost nothing defensively, and gave away the ball on almost every single pass. Maybe that's what BB is seeing in practice; perhaps Priso is mostly physically fit, but not up to consistent mental game fitness yet.
    Yes. We forget Priso was out for a long time and it is really hard to get up to game speed even if you are game fit. He looked good last game but it was already lost by then and would have been slightly less intense.

OKello was excellent when we had 4 Midfielders. I liked that formation and I hope BB uses it going forward.

Lucas earned minutes. Good performance. Would be interesting to see who made the coverage errors on the goals. On the first one it was a late runner so for me that’s Poz Oso or OKello but I haven’t looked back at it.

First half was really fun. Really fun.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 03-13-2022 at 08:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ As is usually the case in MLS, it’s rarely a single error but rather multiple errors.

Chung’s positioning on the back post is poor but why is he the back post mark to begin with considering he’s undersized. And as you’ve pointed out, too much of the team dropped deep.

Other goal, we have a good numbers of players back but too many have dropped deep and we’re skewed to one side of the field. Any ball across always had the chance to cause problems. But Nelson a bit too tentative to close and Bono’s positioning and footwork (as usual) is awful. You could argue his ability to see the field as GK should also lead him to yelling at the team to fix their positioning before that ball comes across too.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 03-13-2022 at 08:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second half was an absolute s.hit show and again a comedy of errors on the goals we give up. Not to mention some of the point blank misses by Columbus.

Honestly, the rosters is very bad...by far and away the worst in the mls...and attendance at home will plummet as the losses pile on. I can't see us win any games until the summer when the Italian comes but by then it will be far too late to even think of a last playoff spot.

Why Bradley was hired is shocking. Another clueless American...and to make it worst, he won't drop his washed up son, who is finished.

Am hoping by some miracle we turn it around but its an asbolute s.hitshow unfortunately. Was at the home opener last week and will be there this Saturday, but I have a feeling we'll get embarrassed again.

WHy is Manning not fired also? He seems to have zero accountability for the mess he has created....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it would be worse. This team is clearly a work in progress, but there were some positive signs.

Patience.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Second half was an absolute s.hit show and again a comedy of errors on the goals we give up. Not to mention some of the point blank misses by Columbus.

Honestly, the rosters is very bad...by far and away the worst in the mls.....
    I don't know man, Miami is awful, Cinci's midfield is non-existent, Vancouver is full of people who were good 1 year only

&

Charlotte might be the worst constructed lineup ever - they gave the GM job to a European agent with no MLS experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at the game and I didn’t think it’s was as bad as the tv watchers seemed to say it was. For me, it really looked like the players were thinking before acting (if that makes sense). When there was a couple bad calls, the game unraveled a bit and they lost composure.

For me, that’s positive progress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Micahel Bradley had a very good game.

Not entirely sure his dad did, but you have to give him credit for the first half and the starting lineup. Vastly exceeded expectations. Particularly those of Columbus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    I was at the game and I didn’t think it’s was as bad as the tv watchers seemed to say it was. For me, it really looked like the players were thinking before acting (if that makes sense). When there was a couple bad calls, the game unraveled a bit and they lost composure.

For me, that’s positive progress.
    Most of the incensed weren't even watching it on TV, they've already admitted skipping the game. So don't expect nuance, perspective or insight.

The club played really well for 55 minutes, and a tactical change, combined with inexperience, undid it in a 10-minute second-hand span. The idea that this club has the worst lineup in MLS is absolutely ludicrous, compared to CHarlotte, Houston, Cincinnati, San Jose. In fact, there are very few clubs in the league without some sort of roster weakness.

TFC played better yesterday than at pretty much any point last season. We're not far off from being a good club again.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post

Honestly, the rosters is very bad...by far and away the worst in the mls...and attendance at home will plummet as the losses pile on. I can't see us win any games until the summer when the Italian comes but by then it will be far too late to even think of a last playoff spot.

Why Bradley was hired is shocking. Another clueless American...and to make it worst, he won't drop his washed up son, who is finished.

Am hoping by some miracle we turn it around but its an asbolute s.hitshow unfortunately. Was at the home opener last week and will be there this Saturday, but I have a feeling we'll get embarrassed again.

WHy is Manning not fired also? He seems to have zero accountability for the mess he has created....
    My wife was born in Cardiff we were in Wales when Bradley was at Swansea , Man the press really gave Bob a beating, must say deservingly so, personally I could give two craps who the coach is, just spend some of that Bogers money on another Insigne type DP and everything will be just fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    My wife was born in Cardiff we were in Wales when Bradley was at Swansea , Man the press really gave Bob a beating, must say deservingly so, personally I could give two craps who the coach is, just spend some of that Bogers money on another Insigne type DP and everything will be just fine.
    Do you want Armas back? Or someone of his ilk?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you want Armas back? Or someone of his ilk?
    As I stated above I could give two craps about who is the coach , I watched my club Chelsea come within a John Terry missed penalty of winning Champions league with unknown useless Avram Grant as manager and I have watched as Liverpool legend Rafa Benitez and Leicester legend Claudio Ranieri both shit the bed in recent years. I believe TFC will win again soon but have illusions about Bob Bradley’s greatness, I see that the MLSE board has decided to throw money at this club, see Insigne.. that’s what wins

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Micahel Bradley had a very good game.

Yes

&

A mobile forward tandem would tear him to shreds if he was playing CB.

i.e. It was a good situational move to have him there in that emergency but do not expect MB to play CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes

&

A mobile forward tandem would tear him to shreds if he was playing CB.

i.e. It was a good situational move to have him there in that emergency but do not expect MB to play CB.
    No, I don't expect him to be there. But these boards are very hard on him and it needed to be said that he was very good. "cause he was