Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    He got pushed off the ball like he’s made of wet paper towel too. NYRB are a physical team but be needs to stand up to that.
    It's important to point out that players have to build understanding of each other's movements. That's what he's lacking right now, an idea of where open men are going to be and the fortitude to make that pass, rather than looking for something ideal.

Lewis Morgan and Patryk Klimala both spent time at Celtic, where positional movement is drilled into players like a religion. Klimala didn't have to look for Morgan on either of the two long shot goals; he knew he'd be there.

We don't have that level of understanding between any of our forwards. Outside of not having a "starting three" that we know will play week in and out, they've only been together for a month, since Jimenez's arrival.

People have plenty to gripe about regarding this game, but expecting them to win or even be competitive regularly when they've just spent two months tearing the roster apart, with obvious holes still, is wishful thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    It's important to point out that players have to build understanding of each other's movements. That's what he's lacking right now, an idea of where open men are going to be and the fortitude to make that pass, rather than looking for something ideal.

Lewis Morgan and Patryk Klimala both spent time at Celtic, where positional movement is drilled into players like a religion. Klimala didn't have to look for Morgan on either of the two long shot goals; he knew he'd be there.

We don't have that level of understanding between any of our forwards. Outside of not having a "starting three" that we know will play week in and out, they've only been together for a month, since Jimenez's arrival.

People have plenty to gripe about regarding this game, but expecting them to win or even be competitive regularly when they've just spent two months tearing the roster apart, with obvious holes still, is wishful thinking.
    I totally agree, and that's what I was saying earlier. You can't make any assessments on two data points. Everyone needs some patience here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was difficult match. New York have good team. It's nice that TFC scored goal and second half was looks OK in my opinion. Was better with tactics.
    Also video from match :
    https://youtu.be/CLA43jJcwxo

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking about this now I'm trying to figure out if the reason Bradley didn't set up the team formation to adjust to NYRB's probable style was hubris or amor fati.

Would tell us a lot about this year if we knew that for sure.

I suspect it was the latter.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    But playing 2 kids at left and right back when they have no defensive ability is suicide.
    This comment tells me everything I need to know about Bob Bradley as a coach

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    amor fati.
    I had to Google the term. Nietzsche seems a little highbrow for a footy site.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I had to Google the term. Nietzsche seems a little highbrow for a footy site.
    They write books about this stuff

https://www.routledge.com/The-Philos.../9780367180928