Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weather getting better - now saying 5 degrees that afternoon.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A fresh coat of green paint on the pitch will fix it up for the game viewing....haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    A fresh coat of green paint on the pitch will fix it up for the game viewing....haha.
    I imagine they'll probably do something like that. They have a lot riding on this season helping a steady recovery from the last two years.

I looked at NYRBs performance from last week and they have some serious vulnerabilities. We should be able to get three points out of this one.

The Red Bulls are press, press, press. THey only completed 57% of their passes last week and had 35% of the ball. They won two more tackles than San Jose, but only 12 total.

But they won 3-1.

They committed TWENTY TWO fouls. So basically, they benefited from MLS' shit reffing and just pressured the ball insanely, then took advantage of turnovers.

They're young, inexperienced, and have two relatively inexperienced centre backs. But Cowell, Klymala, Fletcher are all dangerous.

I think we break out and get at least two this week, say 2-1 for the good guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://globalnews.ca/news/8656822/t...r-crowd-covid/

Manning says he's expecting 23k+ to be in attendance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know if Heggie and his guys had the grow lights going? Maybe they didn't bust out the grow tent this year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    Anyone know if Heggie and his guys had the grow lights going? Maybe they didn't bust out the grow tent this year?
    Neil answers your question in an excellent article right here:
    https://www.thestar.com/sports/socce...me-opener.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll say 1-0 TFC. The Red Bulls are an awful team to watch and play against though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    Brilliant, thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    Brilliant, thank you.
    Agree, excellent article; insightful.
    I'd say 'a bit in the weeds', yet Heggie might retort 'call me a groundskeeper one more time'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haggie basically says late Argo game cost us, then difficult winter. But with no Argos, and an early TFC exit last year, I’m betting the field was in good shape before the winter and would have survived much better. It really matters now that we are getting players like Insigne here. They need to report back to the facilities are class.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

February was really unusual in the amount of snow we got in January on that one day was coupled with a few more days of snow wallops & not having any sustained periods of thawing - like usually there are 4 days in a row of +5 sometime in January & February.

I think in this case, the answer to our field woes truly is "[insert Curtis' favourite phrase]"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting that he noted in the article they cannot use the lights in 35km/h winds..you'd think with the amount invested in everything that they would have a way to weigh down the lighting system in order to prevent them from falling over. At the same time, maybe that much weight would somehow damage the field. However, it was a good article and I enjoyed reading it. I actually saw an interesting short video the other day about the science behind football pitches if anyone is interested the link is below
    https://youtu.be/frGHtxOkVl8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    Interesting that he noted in the article they cannot use the lights in 35km/h winds..you'd think with the amount invested in everything that they would have a way to weigh down the lighting system in order to prevent them from falling over. At the same time, maybe that much weight would somehow damage the field. However, it was a good article and I enjoyed reading it. I actually saw an interesting short video the other day about the science behind football pitches if anyone is interested the link is below
    https://youtu.be/frGHtxOkVl8
    Wow, really? I don't think there's been a day this winter without winds above 35km/h along the Lakeshore. I say that as someone training for a marathon who's had to run into them on a daily basis.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    There is a bubble or at least there has been, its over the turf field. Have been in it a few times.
    I was going to respond to you, wondering why they just haven't used the Downsview bubble for training this winter. But I guess it's explained in the excellent Neil Davidson article linked below: "With the fields at TFC’s north Toronto training centre still frozen and an aging artificial pitch there not a desirable option, the club has been training all week at BMO Field where the pitch looked sparse and spotty in places." So probably the Downsview bubble is over the aging artificial pitch, and they don't want to use that to avoid injury.

But then I have to ask: why didn't they replace that artificial turf at Downsview, considering how much they're spending on players? There was plenty of time to do that last year due to all the forced breaks for both pro & amateur sports. Anybody know if there are supply chain problems with artificial turf at the moment?

The weather really has been crazy this winter, with extended cold periods plus snow, and more and bigger fluctuations than normal. (We just kept marching on though: we walked and hiked over 150 km in January, despite being forced into COVID quarantine at the beginning of the month...)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going to bother listening to what Bill Manning says about sales and attendance. There are way too many variables. Could by hyping scarcity to sell more tickets for the game. Could be lots of tickets sold, but not many attending due to a variety of reasons. Could be fairly well packed if people are happy to get out of the house again, and with Insigne creating a bit of a buzz in the off-season. We'll never know the full picture on sales, but we will see actual attendance tomorrow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The light were out over night based on a report from down at the stadium today. Training was later in the afternoon today I assume to let Heggie and company try and get thing somewhat ok for tomorrow. The Reds have been out there 4 straight days this week.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do the games give on the radio? Going to be driving and am going to miss the first half.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GAME DAY.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Officials

Toronto FC vs New York Red Bulls
    BMO Field (2PM ET)
    REF: Rubiel Vazquez
    AR1: Lyes Arfa
    AR2: Gianni Facchini
    4TH: David Barrie
    VAR: Carol Anne Chenard
    AVAR: Cory Richardson

Source

http://proreferees.com/2022/03/03/20...nments-week-2/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Do the games give on the radio? Going to be driving and am going to miss the first half.
    Yes on TSN Radio 1050.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta think we'll see basically the same lineup as last week except with Achara starting over Kerr. Could probably put in a shout for O'Neill over Mavinga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find the marketing for this game strange. They are treating it like they didn't play at all in Toronto last year and there wasn't 4 months of fans being there (albeit not many showed up).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 years

Lost time

Lost family

Lost lives

Lost just lost sooooooo damn much

😔

Don't know if I'm ready for this

But... It's time

Wearing a mask

Wearing red

Wearing some tears about all this at some point too 😢

And still...

Home

Finally

TFC till I die

Enjoy the day everybody

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we see a bit of rotation. Perhaps McNaughton along with Salcedo. Priso sighting. The big question is, who can handle the press? What other skills do we need ie quick recovery (JMR) heading (?)(McNaughton) positional discipline (Priso)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loved what Achara and O'Neill brought last game, hoping Priso makes an appearance as well. JJ gonna open his TFC account today just watch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    Loved what Achara and O'Neill brought last game, hoping Priso makes an appearance as well. JJ gonna open his TFC account today just watch
    JJ and Salcedo are both opening their accounts today. Changing my prediction to 2-0 because I got that gameday excitement in my stomach right now.

Hope everyone going makes their voices heard and stays safe. I'll hold down the fort on here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That field looks rough based on pregame photos on Twitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna assume Petrasso will be the LB with Shaff moving into a more advanced position. Nelson to the right side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm enjoying seeing the youth movement in effect.