Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Match Day 2 - NYRB @ TFC Sat March 5 2:00pm - I Need to Get Back to the Place

Another Day Another Dawn

Have At It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are now in the week of the return!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curios to see if we finally get the crowds back ? I mean now if you don’t show up your tickets are lost no refund like last season . Moreover, did the Insigne signing bring in more season tickets holders ? Be nice to see a full house again after last season .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This'll be interesting, as it's the kids versus the kids. Shite Bull's average age this season is 22(!).

Watching highlights from their game this week I like our chances. They won in a walk, but both teams looked sorta shit.

I'm going 2-1 for the good guys.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Curios to see if we finally get the crowds back ? I mean now if you don’t show up your tickets are lost no refund like last season . Moreover, did the Insigne signing bring in more season tickets holders ? Be nice to see a full house again after last season .
    I am not sure, you can never tell from Ticketmaster as MLSE has been known to play games with scarcity. The do some things to make it seem at times that the crowd will be bigger than it actually is. It would be nice to see.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red Bulls have signed Ashley Fletcher on loan from Watford, former Man Utd youth striker whose PL career has fizzled.

He'll do really well in MLS, I imagine. The knock over there was that he had no work off the ball, as he actually scored at a good rate in recent years (he had two Cup appearances for Watford this year and scored two goals).

Klymala, their current striker, was a bit of a dud at Celtic and is average over here, so this will make them more dangerous. On the upside, they lost Sean Davis to Nashville via free agency in the offseason so our central mid gets a chance to shine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red Bulls are definitely no push over. They’ve got some good young talent so I fully expect this to be a tight game and like every game this season we will have to be at our best to fight for points. But hopefully we can get BMO packed and rocking to welcome the lads home and get right behind them. Can’t wait, kid on Christmas Eve stuff starting to kick in. COYR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still 4 days out, but keeping an eye on the weather forecast for Saturday and it doesn't appear that it'll be "that" cold, somewhere around 0 give or take a few degrees and possibly some flurries.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the email to members today

Starting March 1st, the province intends to lift all indoor and outdoor capacity restrictions for buildings, including stadiums like BMO Field.

Here are some key building policy changes in preparation for your return:

Following provincial guidance proof of vaccination will discontinue as a requirement for fans entering BMO Field. Confidence in the existing vaccination rates within the province, and the current epidemiology of COVID-19 as determined by public health officials, contributed to the decision. MLSE may reimpose the proof of vaccine mandate in the future should public health circumstances and direction require it.
    Also aligning with provincial guidance, masks are no longer required at outdoor venues while sitting in your seat. Masks are still required while in indoor spaces (i.e. clubs and elevators) and they are recommended for outdoors when physical distancing is not possible.

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    In the email to members today
    There was very little masking to begin with as long as food and bev is being served - but still feel SSH should be given an option to opt out if they aren't comfortable with this approach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is it true? We are at 100% Capacity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocktml View Post
    So is it true? We are at 100% Capacity

Yes BMO is back to 100% capacity

https://www.bmofield.com/plan-your-visit/back-in-action

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently looking at the ticket availability for the game on ticketmaster, and at this point it seems like this game will be far from a sell out. Many tickets still available in pretty much all sections, and I'm actually surprised (maybe not surprised?) to see ticket prices such as $142 in section 107/108, and $279 in section $123.

Even Barcelona and Real Madrid fans wouldn't even pay that much see their teams in their own stadiums. TFC/MLSE is WAY off in terms of how they're currently valuing the team (re: product).

*end pseudo rant*

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    There was very little masking to begin with as long as food and bev is being served - but still feel SSH should be given an option to opt out if they aren't comfortable with this approach.
    Might see masks just for warmth this weekend....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Currently looking at the ticket availability for the game on ticketmaster, and at this point it seems like this game will be far from a sell out. Many tickets still available in pretty much all sections, and I'm actually surprised (maybe not surprised?) to see ticket prices such as $142 in section 107/108, and $279 in section $123.

Even Barcelona and Real Madrid fans wouldn't even pay that much see their teams in their own stadiums. TFC/MLSE is WAY off in terms of how they're currently valuing the team (re: product).

*end pseudo rant*
    I,553 seats available right now, if you can believe ticketmaster and if my math was accurate. I just added all the seats available. Surprised to see some on the south end. On the other hand, my friend just cancelled due to lack of vaccine mandate so I can see that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I,553 seats available right now, if you can believe ticketmaster and if my math was accurate. I just added all the seats available. Surprised to see some on the south end. On the other hand, my friend just cancelled due to lack of vaccine mandate so I can see that.
    I stand corrected! lol. Thank you for humbling me a touch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the seats that seem to be available look like re-sell tickets. Hoping for a mostly full house!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    I stand corrected! lol. Thank you for humbling me a touch.
    well, ticketmaster can well be playing games. we shall see.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    There's many reasons for lower attendance:

* Despite the popular wish for it to be over Covid is still here
    * The MLS season has been starting much earlier in recent years, it's cold
    * Prices are getting higher and higher, it looks like maximizing profit is ahead of maximizing attendance
    * The team was very poor last year
    * Insigne isn't here until July

Offsetting all that somewhat is that after a long break people look forward to the Home Opener, that's true in any sport. I guess we'll see what the actual attendance will be.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Masks instead of scarves have been the go to

Not going to lie - no way I would attend a maskless event inside.

&

If they make masks not mandatory on the TTC, that might put a crimp in me going.

Going to try out on Saturday & see but going to take a rapid test Monday morning FOR SURE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    There's many reasons for lower attendance:

* Despite the popular wish for it to be over Covid is still here
    * The MLS season has been starting much earlier in recent years, it's cold
    * Prices are getting higher and higher, it looks like maximizing profit is ahead of maximizing attendance
    * The team was very poor last year
    * Insigne isn't here until July

Offsetting all that somewhat is that after a long break people look forward to the Home Opener, that's true in any sport. I guess we'll see what the actual attendance will be.
    It’s stiff like this that leaves me with questions about Manning.

Undoubtedly, they know it’s cold still but they want an early home opener to remind people of the team and kick-start TV ratings. And yet… we price tickets in a way that limits the audience and also won’t look good on TV.

It’s like we cannot determine what our priorities are.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Masks instead of scarves have been the go to

Not going to lie - no way I would attend a maskless event inside.

&

If they make masks not mandatory on the TTC, that might put a crimp in me going.

Going to try out on Saturday & see but going to take a rapid test Monday morning FOR SURE.
    Co-signed. i would buy TFC- or RPB-themed N95s if they were available!

Luckily I can get to TFC games and most other things on my bike or on foot. 6.5 km walk one way, no problem, I can do that in just under an hour after the last two years of practice. Cheaper than the gym too!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I found them very useful for smoke. In the past, if I got a good lung-full I'd be coughing for a few days - which is why I've left the front rows when the wind blows the wrong way. But last season, I found I could stand right in the middle of it, with no problems! I think I'll be doing that during smoke for years to come!

I'm not thrilled they are removing the vaccination requirement - but I can see that the utility of that is reducing over time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The turf looks a little beaten up. After two days of the Reds training at BMO in the lead to Saturday hopefully the grounds crew can work their magic.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The turf looks a little beaten up. After two days of the Reds training at BMO in the lead to Saturday hopefully the grounds crew can work their magic.
    There's an article in the Sun. They couldn't used their Downsview training ground because of snow and ice. This surprised me: don't they have the bubble up for that purpose? In the past years they often had videos of them under the bubble during pre-season.

So they trained at BMO instead. From the comments it's clear the pitch is in pretty bad shape.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    There's an article in the Sun. They couldn't used their Downsview training ground because of snow and ice. This surprised me: don't they have the bubble up for that purpose? In the past years they often had videos of them under the bubble during pre-season.

So they trained at BMO instead. From the comments it's clear the pitch is in pretty bad shape.
    There is a bubble or at least there has been, its over the turf field. Have been in it a few times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yikes, that's more than a little beaten up – it's half threadbare.

I'm really thinking we shouldn't be playing home games at BMO until at least April. Even if we have to start every season on the road a few games I think it would be better.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very limited tickets remaining on Ticketmaster, will be close to a sell out.

Should be 25k+ min, weather permitting.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Very limited tickets remaining on Ticketmaster, will be close to a sell out.

Should be 25k+ min, weather permitting.
    Will not really know until once in the stands and we can eye ball things. TFC has been known in the past to play games with scarcity, making it appear there is more demand than there actually is. They never like it to look like there is a flood of tickets out there. As some have said with the much higher priced tickets these days MLSE appears to prioritize profit over attendance. Regardless it will be great to be back at BMO with more voices in the stands.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Will not really know until once in the stands and we can eye ball things. TFC has been known in the past to play games with scarcity, making it appear there is more demand than there actually is. They never like it to look like there is a flood of tickets out there. As some have said with the much higher priced tickets these days MLSE appears to prioritize profit over attendance. Regardless it will be great to be back at BMO with more voices in the stands.
    Are you saying they are withholding tickets from public sale to make it appear like there are more available?

More likely people are excited to see a new coach, new team

As of a couple weeks ago, was up to 22k+ SSH for the season, including all the most expensive seats sold, per bill manning btw.