Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Match Day 7 TFC @ CBus Sat May29 3:08pm - Surprise, surprise, I traveled here

Last game to that dump which has a lot of memories for us

Have at It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I'm so glad this didn't happen when we were travelling not.

Not because of safety reasons or anything like that - but more because we probably would've been blamed for it. That, and the real reason - The crew being a dumpster fire of a club - wouldn't have been seen as the culprit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time to start picking up points. Preferably 3 at a time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 2008 Invasion, despite the result oh what a day !!

https://www.thestar.com/sports/2008/03/30/fc_fans_paint_columbus_red.html

Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 05-25-2021 at 12:51 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such a fun weekend!!

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a great weekend. We came down by bus along with 6 or 7 other buses. We ran out of rooms so Nature Girl (Connie) asked if I minded sharing my room with 2 other guys along with Simon. Most of the evening/night the guys were out rescuing King Dave!! Quite the story. A weekend to remember for sure.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw Soteldo had his knee wrapped and prayer hands 🙏🙏 on his insta..anyone hear anything?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So another game where we don't look threatening at all?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    Saw Soteldo had his knee wrapped and prayer hands  on his insta..anyone hear anything?

FWIW, he was in training today according to pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone here actually planning on watching this live what with that other game going on at the exact same time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    Is anyone here actually planning on watching this live what with that other game going on at the exact same time
    I generally only watch TFC these days, so yeah. (I'm guessing from the Europa Final being today that it's the Champion's League final or something).

Too much to do, not enough hours for multiple leagues or sports for that matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet another idiotic programming of a TFC match!
    Reading what you guys have posted, I just realised that's in the exactly same time-spot as the Champions League final.

So it is obvious that nobody else in the world who is a footy fan will watch TFC, but just the TFC and Columbus diehards.
    ... And I mean just the very serious die-hards, lol. I would be much surprised if it's more that 5,000 + 5,000 people (max-max from both sides).
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 05-27-2021 at 05:57 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post

I would bet most die hard first day TFC supporters who are also die hard Chelsea or City supporters would have been TFC before they were City or Chelsea.

(Yes, there are exceptions but some of us were alive 14 years ago & have memories - to support Chelsea or City prior to their current ownership was to be as niche as supporting West Brom or the Washington Capitals)

But, the "the Euro final is the best club game in the world" hype is big soooo, I get why some would watch that.

I'm only a passing watcher of European club football as it happens mid week when I'm working. Neither of those teams interest me so I am unlikely to watch.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-27-2021 at 06:28 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a long time Chelsea fan (mid-90's) and diehard TFC fan...having trouble with this one a bit. Kind of worried someone on the TFC broadcast will say something about the Champs League or maybe they will have that stupid ticker. If I watch Champs League then no chance anyone will say anything about Columbus and TFC So I may have to watch TFC on delay...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Championship playoff final is Saturday too. Thankfully early in the morning. Wouldn't want it to interfere with TFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CL is 3pm as well .... I am going to run a spilt screen with volume on CL because i don't need to hear Caldwell (sorry couldn't resist).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I am a long time Chelsea fan (mid-90's) and diehard TFC fan...having trouble with this one a bit. Kind of worried someone on the TFC broadcast will say something about the Champs League or maybe they will have that stupid ticker. If I watch Champs League then no chance anyone will say anything about Columbus and TFC So I may have to watch TFC on delay...
    This is my plan, and I dislike both teams in the CL final. I expect record low viewing numbers for the Cbus game

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Yeah a couple weeks ago I think it was Wileman who spoiled the Man City game or something while the TFC game was going on, so I fully expect him to do the same thing this time around. Not sure which game i'll be watching yet either, but a good point to watch TFC on delay because no one is talking about that game during CL game hah

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio might be the second most injury prone guy on the team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Jozy ain't playing it seems....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now you know why they signed Dwyer… as much as a pain as Jozy may or may not be … and it may be #jozyout but organizations should treat their greats with class. I am now an #armasout #aliout this may be the end of the TFC we love. Even if they can turn it around, this isn’t the way an organization like MLSE should behave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Osorio might be the second most injury prone guy on the team.
    Would you be rushing back from even minor injuries if you had no faith in your manager?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How the eff does Jeff Carlisle have this story?

This didn’t come out of nowhere. Jesus H Christ, the media coverage of this team in our city is truly horrendous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

This didn’t come out of nowhere. Jesus H Christ, the media coverage of this team is truly horrendous.
    Yeah, well....

I hate to tell you dude, but the Canadian print media has been utterly gutted in the last two decades. When I started at the Sun in Edmonton, we had eighteen reporters covering city news. When I left, they had four.

Broadcast had always been shit, rarely broke anything and mostly has been able to function by ripping-and-reading newspapers for years.

Toronto papers and outlets didn't fare any better. There's little profit incentive in media and most of the companies that put those debt-laden, slow-to-change companies into receivership have share value because of their capitalization, not their profit margins.

So basically the only healthy daily coverage left is CBC, which is funded (albeit at a rate below the public services of 20 other commonwealth nations).

Keep in mind that when I joined a city paper in '97, they were already egregiously poor at almost everything compared to twenty years before that, due to a lack of competition allowing owners to save costs via poorly trained staff, then using those savings to address heavy corporate debt.

Lineage ad rates were one-tenth of the U.S., and the quality was already suffering when Asper bought Canwest and began the trend of heavy bias and cuts to counter acquisition debt.

TFC's coverage was kind of shit even when there were multiple outlets doing the job. We've never had a Steve Goff here, a local guy who routinely breaks big stuff. It's all "I got the announcement first" crap, low hanging daily spot news fruit.
    Last edited by jloome; 05-27-2021 at 10:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

This didn’t come out of nowhere. Jesus H Christ, the media coverage of this team in our city is truly horrendous.
    You have to remember Carlisle dropped the Jozy transfer interest story in January as well. Jozy disputed the report, so he likely didn't leak it.

Given he dropped this report as well, I'd hazard a guess that these leaks are either Manning/Curtis or both.