Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now Shaff is hurt in a position where we have nobody at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we don't get a DM destroyer, this is going to happen all season.

It would also be nice to see TFC players do absolutely anything down the right touchline this season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts

It's good to be back.

The young guys need to learn

The defence needs to learn

This loss brought to you by Ali Curtis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob doesnt think any subs need to be made at half time, just leave it like it is, maybe i was too hopeful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man... this feels like a harsher scoreline than we might have deserved but we're also just so naive out there. RBNY know exactly what they're doing and we're still trying to figure things out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to be today's apologist I guess, but...

GOal two was offside. Goal three was a clear shove (look at how Rutty goes down, and Klymala's arm was extended, so...)

So it's two sloppy goals from not tightly marking Lewis Morgan enough, and two that could easily have been called back.

Where we've failed has been in not recognizing a pressing team would trap both wingbacks, relying on their lack of experience to lead to loose balls, and in assuming a rotational midfield triangle would react or position relative to each other with enough speed and accuracy to shut down a team running a fast break counter.

So we've had a couple of youthful errors and possible a poor initial tactical approach. I put most of this one on BB, not player quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Bob doesnt think any subs need to be made at half time, just leave it like it is, maybe i was too hopeful
    He needs to change the midfield. Priso and Okello should both be on at half. I'd take Bradley and Nelson off, move Osorio out wide right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    If we don't get a DM destroyer, this is going to happen all season.

It would also be nice to see TFC players do absolutely anything down the right touchline this season.
    Yeah, he's trying to compensate by treating Oso and Bradley as dual pivots, with Pozuelo occasionally dropping centrally to make up a channel.

But it's not reactive enough to the break; there's rarely a player back ahead of the attackers to shield the backline.

Bring in Priso in the second half, assuming he's up to speed, play him as an anchor. Take off MB, as he's not contributing much and he can't cover the backline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYRB look to be going to the playoffs if they continue like they are, we on the other hand are going through a rebuild year, and there is bound to be more results like this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to play counter attacking football if we have any hope of being competitive. To many young and naïve players out there, also doesn't help when we have the slowest and worn out DM in the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rewatching goal #1 - we give the ball away in midfield, Michael Bradley's man flies by him and then passes to wide open teammate for the goal.

It's going to be a long season if we don't start a more mobile DM that can cover ground and break up opposition attacks.
    This. 1000 times. Bradley looked like he was running in sand. As he always does. That created the odd-man advantage and so of course Morgan was unmarked.
    Love the guy, but he's our weakest link. I believe a lot of these observations about our mids being on top of one another are also due to Bradley's lack of mobility. Agree with portu's comment on our transfer policy. But the focus has been on our lack of experienced wingbacks (I'm guilty of that). What this team lacks most is a #6. I know everyone is high on Priso, and he looks like a guy with a bright future. But I don't think he's ready to marshal a team yet. We need a new 6.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yeah, he's trying to compensate by treating Oso and Bradley as dual pivots, with Pozuelo occasionally dropping centrally to make up a channel.

But it's not reactive enough to the break; there's rarely a player back ahead of the attackers to shield the backline.

Bring in Priso in the second half, assuming he's up to speed, play him as an anchor. Take off MB, as he's not contributing much and he can't cover the backline.
    You're right, he just can't cover the backline. I don't even care about having a Diego Chara level DM out there, I'd settle for Samuel Piette from Montreal shielding the backline. It's so obviously needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaff might become a fullback some day but he’ll struggle to ever be one in this system. Can’t play out of the back and we badly need that cause of our desire to keep possession.

Bradley looks like he’s done as a starter and maybe just finished period. He is labouring to keep up with play and is a non factor in terms of shielding the back line. A huge issue in a midfield 3. Needs to be addressed immediately.

We have too many people “learning” on the field at the same time. Some of these kids need to sit and we really need some more experienced players.

Getting rid of Auro was a mistake.

One positive: Petrasso.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine a professional club thinking so little of the full-back positions. But hey, at least they're doing UNICEF's work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Shaff might become a fullback some day but he’ll struggle to ever be one in this system. Can’t play out of the back and we badly need that cause of our desire to keep possession.

Bradley looks like he’s done as a starter and maybe just finished period. He is labouring to keep up with play and is a non factor in terms of shielding the back line. A huge issue in a midfield 3. Needs to be addressed immediately.

We have too many people “learning” on the field at the same time. Some of these kids need to sit and we really need some more experienced players.

Getting rid of Auro was a mistake.

One positive: Petrasso.
    We could sure use both Auro and Delgado right now. And who is this Scianitti jabroni mark? His face annoys me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    We could sure use both Auro and Delgado right now. And who is this Scianitti jabroni mark? His face annoys me.
    He looks like one of us: too ugly for TV 😂

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Criscito couldn’t have picked a better time to join up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What still baffles me is that you have someone like Morgan available as a free agent but do not sign him.

He is a good serviceable defensive player with experience, and at this stage we need some vets to help us tread water.

Then we get rid of Auro as well. Why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

red bulls made playoffs last twelve years not gonna change this year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono saved a goal there. Looks like he cant be blamed for everything today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah can we get Priso on? We have nothing defensively in front of our backline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono saved a goal there. Looks like he cant be blamed for everything today.
    I am no fan of Bono, but blaming him for today is just ignoring the real problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see JMR try to get forward this half. He just did it. He can't sit back the entire time. He needs to get involved and overlap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We either need a Goalkeeper marshalling the defensive line or a defender assigned to keep our players in position, or it will continue to be ugly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gahd... I know it sounds sour grapes when you're down 4-1, but Red Bulls are a dirty, CONCACAF-Y team. They headbutt, they elbow, they dive on a breath of contact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nelson needs to put a cross in. We had them out numbered in the box and he just Soteldo'd it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Petrasso looking good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    We either need a Goalkeeper marshalling the defensive line or a defender assigned to keep our players in position, or it will continue to be ugly
    The problem is the CB’s have no shielding. Osorio and Pozuelo too far forward and Bradley non-factor. Salcedo is trying to control the space in front and in behind at the same time and dealing with inexperienced fullbacks.

But yes. I would take a new keeper too, for sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nelson needs to put a cross in. We had them out numbered in the box and he just Soteldo'd it.
    Yup, a difference between composed and indecisive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He really needs to learn to release the ball quicker. He's done it a few times already. He did it a lot last season.