Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Good point re Shaff. The one that got away. Not too sure about the others. Nelson, maybe. JMR, I have never seen it on the pitch.

There is a big difference between development and minutes played. Montreal had both for young Canadians. TFC had only the latter, and we all know now that, as it turns out, our young Canadians were just cheap placeholders for expected reinforcements. No WC calls or transfers here…

Development was what Oso got here btw. He earned his way into a talented lineup.
    The bolded part is key IMO. There are a lot of calls on here for opportunity to be simply given. We haven't seen many earn it over the years and this is why we see them cast off. Those that have what it takes will show it one way or another, and sometimes that takes a change of scenery. Hindsight is of course 20/20 but I'd argue that we've seen a lot of kids get here and coast thinking that they have 'made it'. I'm not sure that talent recognition is as broken as it has been made out to be at TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    The bolded part is key IMO. There are a lot of calls on here for opportunity to be simply given. We haven't seen many earn it over the years and this is why we see them cast off. Those that have what it takes will show it one way or another, and sometimes that takes a change of scenery. Hindsight is of course 20/20 but I'd argue that we've seen a lot of kids get here and coast thinking that they have 'made it'. I'm not sure that talent recognition is as broken as it has been made out to be at TFC.
    Agreed, but let me say this:

Certainly we can either 1) find better local youth players who understand the effort and intensity required to actually make it in the league (given many have left and excelled elsewhere). 2) do a better job of coaching so the youth players we have better understand the assignment.

Most of guys we graduate look incredibly naive.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this got dunked on severely when I posted it a few weeks ago… but I still fear that Oso may wind up in Montreal…
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this got dunked on severely when I posted it a few weeks ago… but I still fear that Oso may wind up in Montreal…
    The only way I could have seen that happen is if Montreal could offer what ever they wanted. But a 15% raise is what they can offer due to the CBA. I can’t see TFC letting him go for that Just my 2 cents

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^My concern isn’t about what TFC will offer, its more that , one, we let this guy get out of contract - Oso may privately resent that. Two, whatever we think about Manning and the BB/MB setup, well, he may feel that too. This hasn’t been a great 2-3 years here.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^My concern isn’t about what TFC will offer, its more that , one, we let this guy get out of contract - Oso may privately resent that. Two, whatever we think about Manning and the BB/MB setup, well, he may feel that too. This hasn’t been a great 2-3 years here.
    ^ I think it was his choice this time to play it out. But, he may still want a change of scenery. Not going to be surprised if he signs elsewhere in MLS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wilfried nancy signing for columbus.

so montreal has lost their 4 best players and their coach this offseason.

but hey i guess those transfer fees can help offset the losses joey was complaining about.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About TFC & Sigma

Sigma exists to give the Symiotis family a powerful soccer tool for their own soccer success - and as a way to stick it to people who they don't like. Guess who they don't like the most?

If Bobby goes to Club Foot, its because they offer a pathway for Sigma to get involved in Quebec - that's a business deal.