Page 94 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,820 of 5785
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kind of see Bob as committed to writing off 2022 in the rebuild, and MB as a placeholder at DM while he figures everything else out.

If MB returns as an active player in 2023 then yeah, the fix is in. I don’t think he will.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I kind of see Bob as committed to writing off 2022 in the rebuild, and MB as a placeholder at DM while he figures everything else out.

If MB returns as an active player in 2023 then yeah, the fix is in. I don’t think he will.
    This is my thoughts as well.

I looked back through the off season roster thread and that was a few people's thinking at that time as well. Back then, we thought Priso would replace MB by mid season. Reading the answer from BB back to Molinaro's question about Priso vs. Kaye, that was wishful thinking but BB gave Priso and other youth that chance.

Here's the money quote

https://www.tfcrepublic.ca/tfc-mls-r...-anthony-kaye/

“It's normal that when there's players that come through [the academy], that people in the area look at them and are excited. We are all excited. But there's a big difference between being excited about that and knowing that those guys are ready for the next step,” Bradley explained.

He later added: "I've probably said this 1,000 times since I started coaching young guys, that any young guy that loves the game and has a little bit of talent always thinks, ‘man, I want to be a pro.’ Then all of the sudden they are there and they find out it's not quite as easy as they thought… [they need] that ability to understand the challenges every day, the demands every day, compete when things don't go well, know how you keep going. That's an important part. That's why, again, not everybody can do it.”
    Again, if people havn't gotten a sub to Molinaro's service, they really should.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    This is my thoughts as well.

I looked back through the off season roster thread and that was a few people's thinking at that time as well. Back then, we thought Priso would replace MB by mid season. Reading the answer from BB back to Molinaro's question about Priso vs. Kaye, that was wishful thinking but BB gave Priso and other youth that chance.

Here's the money quote

https://www.tfcrepublic.ca/tfc-mls-r...-anthony-kaye/

Again, if people havn't gotten a sub to Molinaro's service, they really should.
    another thing to me for that quote is, "by mid-season" - MB has to lose the job, sure, but the kids also have to show they're ready to take it. And so far, it's been shit. Priso wasn't nearly as far along as we thought, Okello's always hurt, and the rest aren't DMs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    father BB is going to block you jus for bringing this info to light

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I guess we shall see. Have to say returns in terms of progress with youth players is pretty sparse so far. Nelson has been the one guy who I think has noticeable improved and that’s all relative in the sense that he’s not yet ready to contribute but is better than last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Portuguese player in Toronto? Impossible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    That and signing anyone who might be a threat to a nearly 35 year old Michael Bradley is very impossible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Throwing my money out there. Our next DP to replace Salcedo is either a striker or CB. I would definitely lean in the striker direction though with Belotti, Suarez and Cavani all being out there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Throwing my money out there. Our next DP to replace Salcedo is either a striker or CB. I would definitely lean in the striker direction though with Belotti, Suarez and Cavani all being out there.
    i disagree, i think they will replace salcedo with a DP CB, which imo is a good move, as long as the player is good enough. we really need to fix our defence and once insigne and bernardeschi get in the team, we will create and score a ton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MB is done and I am sure BB knows it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    If he knows it he's playing his cards very close to his chest on showing it.
    I don’t believe MB’s gameplan here is to abuse his relationship with his Dad to play beyond this year. I think deserves more credit than that, as does Bob.

I think he is going into TFC mgmt soon (in reality, he is already a key member of TFC mgmt today). Only question is how and when.

Just my speculation.
    Agree.
    Except.
    One more season.
    Especially, if TFC is 'all in'; in a 'now' footing.
    If other pieces arrive and all functions as planned, he will then become the weakest link on any starting '16'.
    I believe he'll want to transition out / retire on a better note; even play in Leagues Cup.
    A chance to enjoy what he has certainly 'helped' build from the player perspective; a last hurrah.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-10-2022 at 07:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    i disagree, i think they will replace salcedo with a DP CB, which imo is a good move, as long as the player is good enough. we really need to fix our defence and once insigne and bernardeschi get in the team, we will create and score a ton.
    Let's agree to disagree. I would honestly prefer a DM as a DP, but Manning seems to be all in on selling tickets right now. Canadians and Italians seem the way to do it. Adding a Belotti will sell more tickets than a Jason Denayer, who would probably help us win more games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    father BB is going to block you jus for bringing this info to light
    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Uhhh? Yeah! Duhh?
    Wow! Fantastic find and choice.
    Fo' shizzle! This 'baller is it.
    A DP... CB and DM thoroughbred. Supersize check marks!
    Versatile. An immediate back line 'no brainer' stop gap.
    Can transition to DM as MB transitions out.
    Pedigree.
    Elite experience.
    Portuguese... and French?
    Easy fit for at least next year w/CM and QW?
    Under contract till Y25?
    Loan? Maybe a free?
    Time to higgle! Start that learjet!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Completely agree with you. I get the sense MLSE/Manning want to raise the bar like we did in 2014/15.

Salcedo at $2.3 million always felt like a terrible deal. Too expensive to get 3 U22 players or buy down with TAM, but not a game-changing player.

I think Manning and Bradley want to completely the front three with a final, game-breaking striker.

Maybe we could trade Jimenez and use that TAM money to sign a good CB? Personally, I think Jimenez is a good player what will thrive with Insigne on his left and Bern on his right, but a Belotti, Suarez, or Cavani would be lethal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know we need a CB but why sign a DP as a CB when there are very few in the league and you can get more than acceptable players to fill that spot on TAM.

Comparatively, signing a striker or a good midfielder. The difference in what you can get from TAM money to DP money is huge.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Completely agree with you. I get the sense MLSE/Manning want to raise the bar like we did in 2014/15.

Salcedo at $2.3 million always felt like a terrible deal. Too expensive to get 3 U22 players or buy down with TAM, but not a game-changing player.

I think Manning and Bradley want to completely the front three with a final, game-breaking striker.

Maybe we could trade Jimenez and use that TAM money to sign a good CB? Personally, I think Jimenez is a good player what will thrive with Insigne on his left and Bern on his right, but a Belotti, Suarez, or Cavani would be lethal.
    Toronto FC is many things - one of them is not haphazard with player well being. I see no reason why Jimenez would move if he didn't want it, being on the start of a contract.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's agree to disagree. I would honestly prefer a DM as a DP, but Manning seems to be all in on selling tickets right now. Canadians and Italians seem the way to do it. Adding a Belotti will sell more tickets than a Jason Denayer, who would probably help us win more games.
    once insigne starts playing, all the tickets will be sold.

also i believe bob has control over most of this stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cavani would be a huge mistake. Old, injury prone, and more interested in playing for their country than club. Anyone following MANU would tell you how he would mysteriously get injured before a big game. We don't need bottlers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just realized we don't have a Pozuelo appreciation thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like Jimenez and think him at striker getting feed passes by Insigne

I think they are going to get a TAM CB and use there next DP on a good RB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Toronto FC is many things - one of them is not haphazard with player well being. I see no reason why Jimenez would move if he didn't want it, being on the start of a contract.
    This is MLS - they can trade anyone, unless they have a no-trade clause, which is usually reserved only for DPs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is MLS - they can trade anyone, unless they have a no-trade clause, which is usually reserved only for DPs.
    This is not a 'can they do this', it's 'are they going to given what we know about them'. Yes, theoretically anything is possible, we JUST traded one of the best DPs we've had ever away, but unless you know something we don't, Toronto FC is not a team that just yeets players away without a good reason as long as they're producing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well they did do it to Max Urrutti. Long recruiting process, signed him, and then traded him 2 games later. Granted that was a few GMs ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Danilo Pereira is a swing for the fences that may satisfy both views.
    We have Insigne, Kaye... and Bernardeschi?
    IMHO TFC doesn't need to spark the sales of tickets any further.
    Winning should then reinforce and propel that momentum.
    Out-of-contract, french speaking?
    For me, Jason Denaver is a fine alternative DP CB.
    MBradley discuss w/dad, order BSBill to investigate further, pursue and engage.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-11-2022 at 06:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    ... I think they are going to get a TAM CB and use there next DP on a good RB
    This would probably be the most reasonable of long term strategic thinking.
    Given my historic perception in the difficulty of securing such prospects or options.
    Being the most challenging; since Beitashour?
    Also, Criscito is still, technically, a stop-gap signing. Likely 18 - 30 months of realistic contributing activity.
    Theoretically, less expensive and performing ''internal league' candidates should exist for CB or a DDM.
    Still, a Zimmerman, Miller and a 25% sell-on clause for JMR and Auro Jr. would be the craziest and greatest last DP nail in a 'win now' Y23/Y24 strategic coffin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    ...Achara... I think Oso made the same "How could you?!" motions after that game... In looking at that, not as bad a move by Achara but that was the end of Creavalle with TFC - last night is the end of Achara with TFC, I think... One of the acquisitions over the next off season is going to be a backup DM.
    My concern and IIRC this is at least the 'second time' in the last few matches that Oso has obviously 'expressed' his frustrations on pitch.
    His real displeasure in team performance at critical moments in such an emotional and public manner.
    Are such outbursts to be expected? Just a display of passion and commitment?
    Or a sign and symptom of something else? Contract negotiations and progress?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-11-2022 at 05:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they are leaning DP striker; the simple run and gun strategy.
    Then it's Belotti>Dybala.
    However, no qualms or second thoughts about it, I would take either.

Edit: According to latest then... Kane>Belotti>Dybala; ditto.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-11-2022 at 06:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I know we need a CB but why sign a DP as a CB when there are very few in the league and you can get more than acceptable players to fill that spot on TAM.

Comparatively, signing a striker or a good midfielder. The difference in what you can get from TAM money to DP money is huge.
    Doesn’t have to be a DP CB (we’ve got one that hasn’t been effective enough) but the chances of winning consistently in this league are slim without spending relatively big (or developing big and that’s out for us). And CB is still the place where it’s possible to sort out an edge (if not as easy as it once was).

Probably not easy to win without an “elite” DM either. Be interesting to see how Bradley, MAK and Osorio do collectively in that regard. Bob has been talking about MAK being better than Priso but it’s not exactly like-for-like position-wise. Bob seems a straight talker but not so much on that subject, I’d say. Or maybe it’s just that he doesn’t much talk tactics. In the press conferences he sometimes says “that’s for you guys [journalists] to figure out.”
    Last edited by los sonadores; 07-11-2022 at 07:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    This would probably be the most reasonable of long term strategic thinking.
    Given my historic perception in the difficulty of securing such prospects or options.
    Being the most challenging; since Beitashour?
    Also, Criscito is still, technically, a stop-gap signing. Likely 18 - 30 months of realistic contributing activity.
    Theoretically, less expensive and performing ''internal league' candidates should exist for CB or a DDM.
    Still, a Zimmerman, Miller and a 25% sell-on clause for JMR and Auro Jr. would be the craziest and greatest last DP nail in a 'win now' Y23/Y24 strategic coffin.
    Serious MLS experience is probably something we can use, especially on replacing (it looks like) three starters with no experience whatsoever with three starters with no MLS experience (plus MAK). A top “MLS lifer” CB might be necessary at this point.

Don’t think we need a DP right back but someone effective is a must. We’ve been very poor there this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Serious MLS experience is probably something we can use, especially on replacing (it looks like) three starters with no experience whatsoever with three starters with no MLS experience (plus MAK). A top “MLS lifer” CB might be necessary at this point.

Don’t think we need a DP right back but someone effective is a must. We’ve been very poor there this season.
    Yep! Not a second thought; but a clarification.
    I'll be the first to admit it, a DP RB is possibly the craziest and unwisest move for a DP of them all.
    Yet it is my perception, in the MLS pool sense and quality wise, that this sort of position, even LB, seems to be the hardest to address in a meaningful way.
    EDIT: Mos def a high salary/ lower TAM signing would likely suffice and overall offer better value in DP strategy for TFC.
    It's a CB or a DDM.
    Danilo can be both; just saying.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-11-2022 at 08:06 AM.