Page 93 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Yeah I hear you but Porto just signed him, and they are among the shrewdest buyers and sellers on the planet. Suspect there is no realistic way given that set up.
    Yeah, I know there's no way they'd sell him now. (Well actually they would, if they got a ransom transfer fee since that's Porto's whole MO. Buy a guy cheap, develop him for a little bit, then, sell him many multiples or more. But that's at least a year or two of solid production at Porto and/or a dominant WC performance away) Nor do I think Eustaquio would want to come to MLS at this point in his career.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need to get the new players in this week.

Need berna available for mtl and insigne and a new DP cb available for Charlotte.

Trade Bono for an mls RB too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Need to get the new players in this week.

Need berna available for mtl and insigne and a new DP cb available for Charlotte.

Trade Bono for an mls RB too...
    I believe Bono's contract is in the mid six figure range which is high for a backup quality keeper. His contract makes him virtually un-tradeable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a TFC fan and a CMNT fan I don't want Eustaquio. He's perfect where he is right now playing in Champions League.
    Also seeing a lot of posts worrying about over-paying to attracting players to Toronto requiring extra money.... LA, NY, and maaaaaaybe Miami have an advantage due to culture. We just signed Lorenzo f'n Isigne for bonkers money and that made footballers worldwide take notice. Let it breathe for a sec, but we're waaaaaaaay above the rest of MLS from a players prospective. Yes we have to over-pay. That is how you get good players to leave Europe for MLS (or Liga MX). Worry about the next time we lose a bidding war with another MLS squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i still have faith in the build that is TFC, it make take a while, to get everyone match fit, but once this machine starts it will be hard to stop

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    i still have faith in the build that is TFC, it make take a while, to get everyone match fit, but once this machine starts it will be hard to stop
    well, until the injury bug hits the key players like it always seems to do

i hope that this machine gets going soon, because we're about to miss the playoffs again
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another 2 goals against at home to add to our league leading goals against.

But yup., lets not get any CBs or a right back ffs.

How we continually to give up garbage goals and chances is shocking. First goal, Mavinga f'ing around and lobs a ball...Nelson can't win a header to save his life...and Oneil and Mikey literally standing there as we get sliced up for a goal....then the for the tying goal, Acharra mistake...but seconds before while we are up and extra time against a dog s.hit team gave upa breakaway that Westburge makes a save on...how do you give up a breakway in extra time? Zero defensive awareness...

SIGN SOME DEFENDERS NOW!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I see Mike Bradley take another set piece, I'll lose it...ffs...does he not have the self awareness that he doesn't have the technical ability to take them? Unbelievable. Dear old dad must have told him he takes nice free kicks and corners and took him to McDonalds post game as a reward ffs.

PS the BB subs cost us again...tacticlaly beat the first two losses on this homestand...and then his subs cost us 2 points. We are up 2-1 comfortably against a horrible team....we instead of adding a defender or mid, put on Acharra..and bad giveaweay and there you go. Aslo, in OUR OWN END, he tried a bicycle kick....got pushed/fouled doing it, but if he didn't, just where exactly did he think the ball was going to go? And THIS is who bob brought on to seal the game? Unbelievable.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BB said in his presser that Carlos is likely going to a Mexican team.

Soooo....we have a 3rd DP slot available.

Assuming Berni happens - there are a couple of questions.

a) do we look now for somebody? - based on Manning's talk of "we are going to be fine tuning in the January window", we would likely be trying for a 3rd DP NOW

b) what do we need at a DP level?

Midfield - unlikely based on BB's discussion post game, the midfield 3 is set in Oso, MB & MAK - so even if one of Oso or BB is to be replaced next year, that is unlikely to be anything but "fine tuning"

Forward - maybe a central banger better then Jesus (I'm not sure that is necessary, to be honest - I think Jesus does really well if we get Berni & with Insigne)

GK - not going to happen

RB - it would have to be somebody REALLY special to do that - somebody who would control the game to a certain extent from that position & that is not how BB runs things & not going to happen with Insigne here

CB - that would be my guess & it better be a guaranteed hit not a maybe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

a) do we look now for somebody? - based on Manning's talk of "we are going to be fine tuning in the January window", we would likely be trying for a 3rd DP NOW

Midfield - unlikely based on BB's discussion post game, the midfield 3 is set in Oso, MB & MAK - so even if one of Oso or BB is to be replaced next year, that is unlikely to be anything but "fine tuning"

Forward - maybe a central banger better then Jesus (I'm not sure that is necessary, to be honest - I think Jesus does really well if we get Berni & with Insigne)

GK - not going to happen

RB - it would have to be somebody REALLY special to do that - somebody who would control the game to a certain extent from that position & that is not how BB runs things & not going to happen with Insigne here

Need a commanding CB pronto. Oneil and Mavinga and McNaugton is the worst 3 CB trio in the entire MLS. And I liked Mavinga before but he is horrible now. What was he doing on BOTH goals and the breakawya in extra time?

Need someone to replace MB, toute de suite. But it won't happen I know. So we are stuck wiht him for this year and next year starting every game and not coming off. The only way I see him subbed off or not starting is if injured.

Didn't Manning promise 3 weeks back we would have transformational moves? And I don't see it. We shipped Poz out (our best player and most skiled player ever here) and Salcedo. And we just got 1 point out of 9 at home,all winnable games and must wins...and now Insigne and Berna who (if it happens) will be a huge cost basically for a handful of games this year not to make the playoffs. Not that I care, its not my money, but ffs, we had presing needs and the playoffs had to be the minimum goal and Manning again (with his 9 MLSE lives) escapes accountability.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure Achara is only playing because Okello is injured & BB doesn't see anybody else who could in theory play central mid in an emergency situation.

Last night' second goal gave me a flashback to Warren Creavalle in NYC kicking a ball from our end line out to their guy & they score a tie goal - I think Oso made the same "How could you?!" motions after that game.

July 12 2015 - found the highlights - unless you want to see a Seba masterclass, go to the last 30 seconds

https://www.nycfc.com/competitions/m...or-07-12-2015/

In looking at that, not as bad a move by Achara but that was the end of Creavalle with TFC - last night is the end of Achara with TFC, I think.

That second goal doesn't happen if Criscito is on & in my opinion, doesn't happen if Okello is there instead of Achara.

One of the acquisitions over the next offseason is going to be a backup DM.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-10-2022 at 08:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure Achara is only playing because Okello is injured & BB doesn't see anybody else who could in theory play central mid in an emergency situation.

Last night' second goal gave me a flashback to Warren Creavalle in NYC kicking a ball from our end line out to their guy & they score a tie goal - I think Oso made the same "How could you?!" motions after that game.

July 12 2015 - found the highlights - unless you want to see a Seba masterclass, go to the last 30 seconds

In looking at that, not as bad a move by Achara but that was the end of Creavalle with TFC - last night is the end of Achara with TFC, I think.

That second goal doesn't happen if Criscito is on & in my opinion, doesn't happen if Okello is there instead of Achara.

I think so too about Criscito going off. If he stays he is there giving Mavinga help and or we wouldn't have been under presure like that and gave up a breakway seconds before.

Yeah, Oso lost it...for some reason, I looked at him just as he reacted to the goal...he was pissed to say the least. And I cant blame him. We worked so hard to get the lead and he scored a beauty and then we pissed it all away again needlessly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking at that video & just marvelling that this team 2 years later were the best team in MLS ever.

Perquis, Creavalle, Konopka, Warner, Jackson

Mullins for them too...

It was Delgado's first goal for TFC

Gives me hope all that

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GK - not going to happen

I would say the CDM to sit under MAK and Oso is the best use of the spot. Somebody who looks just like MB did 5-6 years ago.

You can find CBs in MLS.

MB is done and I am sure BB knows it.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say the CDM to sit under MAK and Oso is the best use of the spot. Somebody who looks just like MB did 5-6 years ago.

You can find CBs in MLS.

If he knows it he's playing his cards very close to his chest on showing it

Agree on the need, but would wager any amount of money that the position we sign a DP in is anyone except competition for Michael Bradley. Suspect it'll either be a stud CB (and agree that finding one in MLS is traditionally more effective than this route) or a true number 9 Jozy style striker (I'm a little more skeptical that Jesus can be this long term, think he offers alot but it isn't necessarily him, so with the right fit I wouldn't hate this).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can find CBs in MLS.

Unfortunately, I don't think BB knows it or is sweeping it under the rug thinking we haev more pressing needs. And with MB taking free kicks now again, lets just say, BB is even giving a message to everyone else, MB is our key man everywhere.

If MB's replacement is not bought now (and he won't be, take that to the bank) , he'll start the rest of the way every game. And if in the off season we don't get his replacement, next year all over again like groundhog day.

MB doesn't seem to me like he will go down quietly in the night. He is on a million plus per year, he'll drag this out as long as possible. Not that I blame him, I would too...but that's why Manning and management is there, to make the big moves and hard choices. And it seems MB is the elephant in the room, no one will dare say its over to him. The USMT doesnt' call him up anymore, they know he is done. And its such a critical role to the team. Teams like Real with Casemiro, Inter with Brozovic, etc have DMs that go both ways...MB's legs dont' allow it. Oh well.

Anyword on Berna? Please tell me is signed and ready to go?

PS one last final observation on last night...we are losing and it really irked me as tfc plugged 2023 seasons during the game...after last night they teased Insigne would be play and when he was no where near being ready. Lots of fans in insigne shirts pissed off to say the least not to mention those on the secondary ticket market who overpaid in anticipation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GK - not going to happen

It’s a mixed bag. More options in the summer but not clear what is the biggest need. But it’s also a matter of who you can recruit. If Belotti could be secured, I think you go for it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t believe MB’s gameplan here is to abuse his relationship with his Dad to play beyond this year. I think deserves more credit than that, as does Bob.

I think he is going into TFC mgmt soon (in reality, he is already a key member of TFC mgmt today). Only question is how and when.

Just my speculation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think BB knows it or is sweeping it under the rug thinking we haev more pressing needs. And with MB taking free kicks now again, lets just say, BB is even giving a message to everyone else, MB is our key man everywhere.

If MB's replacement is not bought now (and he won't be, take that to the bank) , he'll start the rest of the way every game. And if in the off season we don't get his replacement, next year all over again like groundhog day.

MB doesn't seem to me like he will go down quietly in the night. He is on a million plus per year, he'll drag this out as long as possible. Not that I blame him, I would too...but that's why Manning and management is there, to make the big moves and hard choices. And it seems MB is the elephant in the room, no one will dare say its over to him. The USMT doesnt' call him up anymore, they know he is done. And its such a critical role to the team. Teams like Real with Casemiro, Inter with Brozovic, etc have DMs that go both ways...MB's legs dont' allow it. Oh well.

Anyword on Berna? Please tell me is signed and ready to go?

PS one last final observation on last night...we are losing and it really irked me as tfc plugged 2023 seasons during the game...after last night they teased Insigne would be play and when he was no where near being ready. Lots of fans in insigne shirts pissed off to say the least not to mention those on the secondary ticket market who overpaid in anticipation.
    What is MB's rank in freekick taking? He is currently 3rd promoted from 4th when Poz left. He only started taking kicks when criscitio and Petrasso left the game. Probably drips down to 6th once bernardeschi and Insigne start.

But hey, don't let facts interfere with reality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody know why Atuesta isn’t playing at Palmeiras?

He was the anchor of BB’s LAFC midfield. He is a DM but has versatility, can play box to box.

That would be my idea of how to use the DP spot (if there is any way it could work)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    What is MB's rank in freekick taking? He is currently 3rd promoted from 4th when Poz left. He only started taking kicks when criscitio and Petrasso left the game. Probably drips down to 6th once bernardeschi and Insigne start.

But hey, don't let facts interfere with reality.
    Why did I know you'd come in with another passive agressive shot..love you bro! )))

He should have NO ranking on free kicks. His past horrible track record including missing penalties in MSL cp final and CL was bad enough...now taking free kicks incredibly. He has no business taking them. Oso would even be better, he actually has some skill and a touch.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be great, MAK should be a game changer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t believe MB’s gameplan here is to abuse his relationship with his Dad to play beyond this year. I think deserves more credit than that, as does Bob.

I think he is going into TFC mgmt soon (in reality, he is already a key member of TFC mgmt today). Only question is how and when.

Just my speculation.
    Not sure I fully agree with the former (I read MB as a guy with a huge ego and very high opinion of himself, but, without personally knowing the guy that's only worth so much), but you're 100% spot on with the latter

It was clear MB is effectively a part of TFC management from the moment we traded all full backs immediately without any on the way in. That screamed a decision based on personality assessment rather than anything tactical, and given the speed with which it was made, that simply had to have come from someone who had more history with them then Bob

I personally *strongly* disagree with building the entire future of the club around Michael Bradley, and think we've made mostly very poor strategic decisions for years now so if he's been involved that's a bad sign, but the fact is that's what we're doing and likely will do until he's had a couple of years as manager under his belt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Third DP needs to be a DM. I agree with an earlier post that a MB 2014 type is ideal.

It’s getting truly difficult to watch MB play football. Even his mind is slower. If I didn’t know how old he was, I’d think he’s pushing 40.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freaky. When Nelson trapped that ball incorrectly in the second half my mind immediately flashed back to Warren Crevealle doing something English schoolchildren know not to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just my speculation.
    Two months ago I would’ve agreed with this. Then Priso had a great game, best player on the field and Mike struggled, and he sat Priso the next game anyway, even though Mike has played 90 mins of every game this season.

I dunno man, logic says he’ll leave sentiment out of it, but most people aren’t particularly logical, particularly Alpha male types. I once had an interview with Jim Bouton devolve into yelling just over me challenging whether men were generally too socially aggressive with respect to progress and understanding. He got really mean and insecure, really quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael’s stat line on Whoscored is not bad so far, but not great either.

He’s averaging 2.2 tackles per game, rating as a number eight based on movement for 15 of 19 games. His rating as a number 8 is 6.73, which is slightly above average (a 5.0 is generally their starting point.)

He’s passing as an 84% clip and averaging 62 complete passes per game, which leads the team.

However, when tasked with a primarily holding role in three games he did less well, with a 6.49 rating and declines across the board statistically.

So he’s strongest as a two-way in a double pivot.

Unfortunately so are Kaye and Osorio. We replaced a number ten with a number eight, when what we needed really was a number six. Kaye does not do welol when asked to just sit back.

This all points to us going extremely offense oriented, with Oso just ahead of the other two, or a rotating centre triangle , which is what I think he was trying to get Pozuelo to play. Oso takes over the main offensive role, MB the defensive, but it remains opportunity based, with two mids adjusting to the one who is advanced.

notionally, if all three mids can play in all three zones, interchanging them can provide the most possession dominance. It’s quite bold for MLS.
    Last edited by jloome; 07-10-2022 at 12:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Michael’s stat line on Whoscored is not bad so far, but not great either.

He’s averaging 2.2 tackles per game, rating as a number eight based on movement for 15 of 19 games. His rating as a number 8 is 6.73, which is slightly above average (a 5.0 is generally their starting point.)

He’s passing as an 84% clip and averaging 62 complete passes per game, which leads the team.

However, when tasked with a primarily holding role in three games he did less well, with a 6.49 rating and declines across the board statistically.

So he’s strongest as a two-way in a double pivot.

Unfortunately so are Kaye and Osorio. We replaced a number ten with a number eight, when what we needed really was a number six. Kaye does not do welol when asked to just sit back.

This all points to us going extremely offense oriented, with Oso just ahead of the other two, or a rotating centre triangle , which is what I think he was trying to get Pozuelo to play. Oso takes over the main offensive role, MB the defensive, but it remains opportunity based, with two mids adjusting to the one who is advanced.

notionally, if all three mids can play in all three zones, interchanging them can provide the most possession dominance. It’s quite bold for MLS.
    The issue with him as a two way is his offensive stats are not there. Heis accurate long passes and chipped passes are below 50%, so he's literally giving the ball away more often than not when he does that. And you may say that's high risk high reward, but the reward isn't there. He's setting up less than one shot a game (0.7 key passes), has created 2 big chances all season and has 1 assist, which seems to be his average. Similarly, we know he's not a goal scoring threat.

I think his game is, historically, generally superb in his own half (his touches per game and pass completion in his own half are elite tier in this league) and progressively weaker the further he gets away from that. The problem is now with his legs going the defensive side of his game is starting to flag, too, and Bob Bradley is trying to get him to be more of a play maker which, even in his prime, he just can't do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    The issue with him as a two way is his offensive stats are not there. Heis accurate long passes and chipped passes are below 50%, so he's literally giving the ball away more often than not when he does that. And you may say that's high risk high reward, but the reward isn't there. He's setting up less than one shot a game (0.7 key passes), has created 2 big chances all season and has 1 assist, which seems to be his average. Similarly, we know he's not a goal scoring threat.

I think his game is, historically, generally superb in his own half (his touches per game and pass completion in his own half are elite tier in this league) and progressively weaker the further he gets away from that. The problem is now with his legs going the defensive side of his game is starting to flag, too, and Bob Bradley is trying to get him to be more of a play maker which, even in his prime, he just can't do
    The single assist is kind of telling. He’s decent at getting the ball out of trouble and maintaining possession but you’re right, there’s nothing useful going forward.