Page 92 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Why not Henry criscitio?
    Mavinga is better than Henry and playing Criscito at CB means we're down a LB.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    It does seem like the only way we can attract DP's is by overpaying them. Although we may perceive Toronto as a global city and a good place to live, that may not be the perception elsewhere. Look at the Raptors, a well run organization that has never been able to attract a top end free agent.

Pandemic was really hard, and i dont want to get off topic. I could have said 7 other great things about the city but point well taken and shouldn’t be discounted. That said back to the F.O., BB told us what we was going to try to do, they would begin a quick change over and who ever wanted to be there needs to play by the new rules.

Two weeks ago, Manning comes out and asks us to hang on for some transformational changes…. only thing we have seen other than yesterdays announcement. Is our DP and playmaker is gone, our CB DP may not be here for todays game and we haven’t addressed our real issues…. So i dont buy we are two days into the window. Miami have Poz playing, why not announce his trade on Sunday!!

We are playing shitty teams today and Wednesday are we trying to make our squad worse to make it a challenge?… if we don’t take 6 points, I am not sure how we have a shot at the playoffs. Its not like we are playing for a draft choice, we gave that away (couldn’t even have made that conditional)…. For me jury is still out on Manning, just saying.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 07-09-2022 at 01:18 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning is going to be judged by 2023.

This window can't be judged until mid August. If Insigne was playing today, it would be considered a winner already & us looking for bonus points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a bias against both BB and MB whether it is earned or not is a questionable.

People can dislike coaches and players. That is fine. People with irrational focus on both are difficult to engage with.

You will not hear an opinion that disagrees with yours on either MB or BB, you won't even listen to those who share your some of you opinions but disagree with your conclusions. If you do not think that is evidence of bias, I am unsure what is.

If you are as open to other opinions as you claim, why is every post so one note, confrontational, and fixated?

I haven't seen a "good post, hadn't thought of that", tone in any of your responses to people making valid criticism of your post. Every response simply doubles down on the original point. Often aggressively so.
    You're wasting your time. He genuinely can't see what you're talking about. Without getting into the neuroscience of emotional development, I can tell you he thinks he's just being honest and direct, he doesn't read the tone as insulting, he doesn't see the absence of nuance or balance.

That's unlikely to change any time soon.

Source: I have ADHD and autism spectrum disorder and spent 20 years studying this, including interviewing some of the world's top neuroscientists. A lot of people have real challenges with emotional tone as a consequence of developmental differences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    May as well make it Eustaquio. We know how well he works with our guys, and if we are spending $100M elsewhere… I mean, the transfer fee to Porto would be rounding error…
    He’s locked up for 5 years at Porto and now has a $60M release clause. Secret is out, we missed the window where he was clearly under appreciated and dirt cheap

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Pandemic was really hard, and i dont want to get off topic. I could have said 7 other great things about the city but point well taken and shouldn’t be discounted. That said back to the F.O., BB told us what we was going to try to do, they would begin a quick change over and who ever wanted to be there needs to play by the new rules.

Two weeks ago, Manning comes out and asks us to hang on for some transformational changes…. only thing we have seen other than yesterdays announcement. Is our DP and playmaker is gone, our CB DP may not be here for todays game and we haven’t addressed our real issues…. So i dont buy we are two days into the window. Miami have Poz playing, why not announce his trade on Sunday!!

We are playing shitty teams today and Wednesday are we trying to make our squad worse to make it a challenge?… if we don’t take 6 points, I am not sure how we have a shot at the playoffs. Its not like we are playing for a draft choice, we gave that away (couldn’t even have made that conditional)…. For me jury is still out on Manning, just saying.
    As my friend Hala mentions Manning must have some photographs on some of the Rogers top executives, but for me the money that we are spending will make us a top side pretty quickly, so I could care less who in name is our president

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This could be a system thing. They may not work well as a 2 in 4-4-2. Being two eights in a 4-3-3 may work out completely differently.
    I just find they both operate better from the left side of midfield or at least when they both tend drift there. You put Osorio on the right and ask him to be Delgado, it’s under utilizing what he’s capable of IMO. Have never seen Kaye on the right side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    It does seem like the only way we can attract DP's is by overpaying them. Although we may perceive Toronto as a global city and a good place to live, that may not be the perception elsewhere. Look at the Raptors, a well run organization that has never been able to attract a top end free agent.
    I lived overseas for much of my early life and as a journalist interviewed a lot of folk from overseas

Canadians are regarded as civilized, decent and kind. But Canada as a place has basically no profile. Our economy and safety are paired with a generous immigration policy, so we attract lots of new citizens. But
    Canada is rarely in the conversation as a place to visit.

The cost of not having a national identity due to the universalist nature of multiculturalism is that we have far less to dislike as a place to live but do nothing to sell ourselves as a destination for people who are already wealthy and secure.
    Even when a sector does see copious foreign investment, it's generally absentee.

Dozens of cultures in one sells itself as diversity but with no concentrated focus or identity to market, it's like comparing the choices at a food court to the three-star bistro around the corner. It's not fair, but it is the perception.

Conversely, Los Angeles and New York are centres of commerce and culture globally. We just can't compete with that for high performers.
    Last edited by jloome; 07-09-2022 at 01:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cc
    Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    We traded away our one kid that has any ability and was the only one who could replace the ageing mike bradley.

We didn't address at all the defensive issues. Petrasso and Thompson are not nor ever will be defenders. Chung, McNaugton are not good enough either. Surely you agree our defensive issues and MB issue should be priorities but weren't adressed.

And I don't care about BB's "system". He puts guys out of position like kids getting beat continually out wide, gets rid of legit talent like Pozuelo, and then where we need ball winners that can run tirelessly in the middle of the park, like Priso and Delgado, they get shipped off to not compete with his son. Just calling it like it is. How is Mikey a fit for the "system" by the way?

As for Priso, if they wanted to trade him fro some journeyman 28 year old, fine...but don't make it such lob sided deal...we got fleeced. And all this deal did also was further cement Mikey's "untouchable" spot in the middle of the park.
    Yes I do agree Pozuelo is legit talent, but it was very ineffective this past year and the latter half of last year, he would and does consistently dribble himself into trouble, something else was wrong with Pozuelo, so perhaps it will be a good move for all concerned. The MB issue is till nagging me. As for Delgado, ever since he missed the winner in the Champion's League final, his confidence has been screwed, and I don't hear much about him at LA since he moved on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    cc

Yes I do agree Pozuelo is legit talent, but it was very ineffective this past year and the latter half of last year, he would and does consistently dribble himself into trouble, something else was wrong with Pozuelo, so perhaps it will be a good move for all concerned. The MB issue is till nagging me. As for Delgado, ever since he missed the winner in the Champion's League final, his confidence has been screwed, and I don't hear much about him at LA since he moved on.
    It’s tough to evaluate. On the one hand he had a challenging year in 2021 but you could put that down to personal considerations and the overall shit show that was TFC. This year, he’s been one of our best players and you could argue he’d be even better if we played a system that suited his needs as opposed to zealously sticking to BB’s preferences.

Maybe this is the same as getting rid of Laba before Giovinco arrived. Nobody felt good about it, but we were better off in hindsight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So apparently Colorado wanted Ayo.

I feel better about this today. As some have reasoned, Ralph has no intention of sticking around MLS,
    Kaye is in his prime, we have the assets to get back to winning sooner than later, and he's ultimately a
    commodity to improve the team, as is any player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    He’s locked up for 5 years at Porto and now has a $60M release clause. Secret is out, we missed the window where he was clearly under appreciated and dirt cheap
    Oh man, I didn't realize $60M. I thought it would be $20M or something.

Moving on. Sad.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salcedo posted an Instagram post with luggage packed that looks to be from the airport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Salcedo posted an Instagram post with luggage packed that looks to be from the airport.
    It’s weird he’ll be gone but there’s been no announcement of a deal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salcedo gone! Prizo gone! Pozuelo gone! We play in less than 3 hours Manning has to sign someone NOW!! BRADLEY OUT 😤

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    It’s weird he’ll be gone but there’s been no announcement of a deal?
    Could be travelling for his physical or to finalize the agreement? Might also be 99% done and TFC is letting him travel to be with his family. Also ensures he doesn’t get injured in the game today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup manning sure did change the face of the team this week,now its time to save face next week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I lived overseas for much of my early life and as a journalist interviewed a lot of folk from overseas

Canadians are regarded as civilized, decent and kind. But Canada as a place has basically no profile. Our economy and safety are paired with a generous immigration policy, so we attract lots of new citizens. But
    Canada is rarely in the conversation as a place to visit.

The cost of not having a national identity due to the universalist nature of multiculturalism is that we have far less to dislike as a place to live but do nothing to sell ourselves as a destination for people who are already wealthy and secure.
    Even when a sector does see copious foreign investment, it's generally absentee.

Dozens of cultures in one sells itself as diversity but with no concentrated focus or identity to market, it's like comparing the choices at a food court to the three-star bistro around the corner. It's not fair, but it is the perception.

Conversely, Los Angeles and New York are centres of commerce and culture globally. We just can't compete with that for high performers.
    I agree with you. As a kid growing up in the 80's I spent many summers visiting extended family in Croatia. While travelling there and interacting with the locals people would ask me where I was from since my accent made it clear I wasn't born there. When I said I was from Canada the one question I was asked again and again was how cold were our winters and how many months did we have snow. That was their perception of Canada.

Now perception and reality are two different things. But remember we are dealing with professional football players, the majority of whom are not highly educated or sophisticated, and if they grew up and have spent their entire lives in Europe or South America probably have never set foot in Canada. So if you are a top class footballer and have offers from clubs in New York, LA, Miami, and Tororonto, and the money is comparable, do we really expect that Toronto will be chosen? I believe that TFC will always be at a disadvantage in attracting elite foreign players which may explain why some of these signings are taking so long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Deserved a chance with not TFC II/Out of Position team mates but also some egregious errors that shouldn't be acceptable. ultimately a stopgap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems that BB knows what needed to be done.

Opposition teams could drive a truck through our CM all season. I like the MAK move.

Salcedo seemed to make too many blunders to be a DP, despite the fact we can all agree his teammates weren't making life easy on him. I also question his mental toughness in games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    So apparently Colorado wanted Ayo.

I feel better about this today. As some have reasoned, Ralph has no intention of sticking around MLS,
    Kaye is in his prime, we have the assets to get back to winning sooner than later, and he's ultimately a
    commodity to improve the team, as is any player.
    Hey we'll just buy Ralph back in 2027.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning just mentionned that Priso went with a sell-on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Manning just mentionned that Priso went with a sell-on.
    It does make it a lot easier for me to stomach - he's more likely to go overseas and that sell-on is going to likely be that max GAM value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning very coy on Bernardeschi talk. But, that is to be expected.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    It does make it a lot easier for me to stomach - he's more likely to go overseas and that sell-on is going to likely be that max GAM value.

Agreed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    It really bothered me, but it’s probably also best for his development.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting a weird Gomorrah vibe with the rebuild focused on aging and damaged goods Italian players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Oh man, I didn't realize $60M. I thought it would be $20M or something.

Moving on. Sad.
    $60M is just the "you can't do anything about it" clause. Lots of players have inflated release clauses, then if they're actually transferred it's a much lower negotiated amount. Ie) Porto could sell him for 20M, but they'd have to agree to the transfer and negotiate the fee. 60M is the Porto has no choice price.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    $60M is just the "you can't do anything about it" clause. Lots of players have inflated release clauses, then if they're actually transferred it's a much lower negotiated amount. Ie) Porto could sell him for 20M, but they'd have to agree to the transfer and negotiate the fee. 60M is the Porto has no choice price.
    Yeah I hear you but Porto just signed him, and they are among the shrewdest buyers and sellers on the planet. Suspect there is no realistic way given that set up.