Page 89 of 193 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 5785
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the club and young players are in a tough position right now.

the club is realistically setting up to be contenders for 2023-2025/6 window right now. if the young players play well enough to justify starting on a championship team, they will likely be sold off to europe within 12 months.

if they aren't playing that well, the club will be looking to bring in senior players that can perform at that level.

long story short, hard to plan a team around players you are likely to lose if they are good enough to perform in said team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MAK talking about how grateful he is to BB and how lucky TFC are to have him at a presser earlier in the year.

Last edited by Bushmancan; 07-08-2022 at 07:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    jesus…

tam signings should be the 4th best player based on salary as your 3 dps should be the best… All I’m saying is Bernadeschi shouldn’t be in the top 10 salaries of the WHOLE LEGAUE…. Let alone on TFC for what he brings to the table IMO.
    That is not however what TAM signings actually are though. FB is either a highly paid DP or he is in Europe. He is not here for 1.6 or less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    the club and young players are in a tough position right now.

the club is realistically setting up to be contenders for 2023-2025/6 window right now. if the young players play well enough to justify starting on a championship team, they will likely be sold off to europe within 12 months.

if they aren't playing that well, the club will be looking to bring in senior players that can perform at that level.

long story short, hard to plan a team around players you are likely to lose if they are good enough to perform in said team.
    That’s definitely a problem with the team. Unfortunately, I think the reality is this team will never develop youth at any real level because there will always be the pressure to win now and put butts in seats.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    That is not however what TAM signings actually are though. FB is either a highly paid DP or he is in Europe. He is not here for 1.6 or less.
    To which others would point out - he may not be worth that DP slot. We shall see, assuming the deal gets done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    To which others would point out - he may not be worth that DP slot. We shall see, assuming the deal gets done.
    Maybe us moving Poz has them asking for more. He’s an option but I doubt he’s their only option; if he starts looking for $5M plus sort of money they might just walk.

But I think they’re just saving it for tomorrow. Probably release it about two hours before game time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/Total_TFC

Mark-Anthony Kaye for LAFC:

•89 games
    •9 goals
    •18 assists
    •MLS All-Star (2019)
    •Supporters' Shield (2019)
    •CCL Final (2020)

Mark-Anthony Kaye for Colorado:

•36 games
    •4 goals
    •2 assists
    •Top of Western Conference (2021)

#TFCLive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that this is a better way to treat Priso than the way Vanney treated J-hams, Fraser, and Chapman.

Play them or move them on for something you value more. I am happy to have MAK here, and I am happy Priso will get playing time on a team with a very good coach.

Am I happy with the apparent relative values? No. But since I am a fan that makes sense. I am likely to overvalue what we have and undervalue what everyone else has.

I think our team is better today than it was yesterday.
    Agreed.this is a sensible take

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Not really - Poz was out of contract soon & unwanted. In essence what we traded Poz for was 150K in GAM & an open DP slot. That's about all we could expect.

Kaye - a domestic proven CM - those are worth a lot.

Its been awhile since I've seen him play - does Kaye have any close down speed? I suspect he's faster then Delgado, Oso & Bradley but just wondering if we finally got the average speed central mid we havn't really had in a long time.
    There’s this joke among LAFC fans where it takes Kaye and divides up thirds of the field.

In the midfield third he’s “the best player ever”
    In the defensive third he’s average
    In the attacking third he’s awful.

Someone can dig out the radar but Kaye’s big attribute is progressive passing in the midfield third. He hits balls to guys in great positions advancing the ball from the midfield to the attacking third. He recovers but not like Delgado.

Going to speculate Osorio is gone in the off-season and this signing was half insurance policy, half done because he can slot into our midfield now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe one half of MLSE's corporate overlords shut down their network just so there would be less backlash to this trade!

edit: to add judging from the amount of posts today, that didn't even work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part of me wonders if this trade was influenced a bit by Herdman. I'm sure he'd want two possible starting pieces for the CMNT building chemistry together prior to Qatar in November.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    Alessio Romagnoli + FB + Magnificent + Mimo + Kaye = MLS CUP, CL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Have to tell you that Romaglioni is going to Lazio.

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    One can dream 

Rogers absent.

To dream another dream... Gatti+Fede1+Lorenzo+MarkAnthony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like I missed quite a bit of discussion with the Rogers outage today. Kaye is a nice addition, but it was a heavy price with Priso + all that GAM + an international spot + a first rounder. That's probably about ~2 mill GAM value there. International spots go for about 250k, a first rounder maybe 100-150k, Priso could maybe fetch 4-500k. Kaye+a 1st went to Rapids for 1mil GAM last year. His value has doubled apparently. Pretty steep price.

I will say I do agree with some of the takes that it's almost as if Bob is eliminating his sons competition. Javier Perez appears to have been the only coach willing to sub him off. We've seen Delgado adequately replace him in 2020 with the Marky-Oso double pivot. Marky got dealt. Priso looked like the heir apparent. Priso gets dealt. Heck, even Auro played DM under Armas and he's gone too. Bradley has played well this year, but his age is showing, but looks like we have to pencil him in as a 90 minute player through at least 2023 and I'm worried about how he'll be at the end of the season (and playoffs if we get there) as the miles pile. I'm not saying Bob is intentionally getting rid of those guys, but he is establishing a team where there is no other choice but to play MB. I really wanted Priso to get some more time but now that's gone. Hopefully he thrives in Colorado, which will be good for the CMNT. Bob has a good history as a coach, but I will say this is another decision of his I don't agree with, but there's a reason he's the coach instead of me, so hopefully it all works out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I’d say almost any trade for Priso is stupid. The guys on MLSsoccer.com were comparing him yesterday to Tyler Adams and they’re not wrong. He’s going to be a top-level DM eventually.

He does, it should be said, absolutely exude the attitude. He always looks like he’s putting on the angry, “YEAH, DO IT” face. I wonder if maybe BB doesn’t like the ‘tude.

Surely it can’t be that he doesn’t recognize the talent, as he’s incredibly talented, easily the biggest upside of our youth so far (regardless of what they say about JMR, I just don’t see the on-field speed of thought and read yet to say he’s going to be really good).

I feel like this would be a mistake, no matter how well MAK does.

This almost feels like we’re trading Ralph so that Michael can remain a starter at 34; most of the time this year he’s played well enough to be there, but his age shows up a lot, and we’ve had a few games where he’s been gassed by the 70 minute, in terms of having enough speed to keep up with play.

I don’t like it. Trade pieces yes, but don’t trade your best pieces, not when they’re still young and developing. Short of him injuring himself or imploding off-field, we are going to regret this one down the road, in value and personnel.
    Totally agree. And although I’m a MB fan and support BB, Priso must start at least some of the time in place of Micheal and I don’t see Bob allowing that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    jesus… tam signings should be the 4th best player based on salary as your 3 dps should be the best… All I’m saying is Bernadeschi shouldn’t be in the top 10 salaries of the WHOLE LEGAUE…. Let alone on TFC for what he brings to the table IMO.
    Com'on, really?
    And the wheels on this bus keep going round and round, round and round.
    It's not a good look when one is unable to get past an ex of your Fidanzata.
    So, if crux of this ongoing debate is about the worth of a DP spot for a stable but not fruitful winger?
    Then for me Fede 'is' still within any Seba parameter and MLS DP tier.
    It just keeps depending on how one parcels and judges the metrics.
    And on this, since you keep throwing it down, I'll pick it up. I am up for a jangle.
    Fine, Fede's numbers are not that exciting at Juve.
    Yet, IIUC and by comparison...
    Fede @ Fiorentina (SerieA) & Crotone (SerieB) for about 4 Seasons, totals about: 110 Appearances, 26 Goals; w/extra games 132A/35G.
    Seba @ Empoli (SerieA) & Parma (SerieA) for about 3 Seasons, totals about: 101 Appearances, 28 Goals; w/extra games 107A/29G.
    How you like them apples?
    If SerieA wasn't in such a financial mess, TFC would have been an afterthought for Fede.
    I'll also add mitigating factors. At Juve he had 4 managers for those 5 years; Covid for 2 of those.
    Remember Jozmer? he had a bad couple of such years at Sunderland right before TFC.
    I choose to believe this DP patient and his dormant goal production will be revived.
    Even though, 'it's the hope that's gonna kill me'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By all accounts JJ and POZ got along great.
    They played for each other on the pitch; had production.
    Even sad his teammate and new friend has moved on.

Still, a part of me thinks, JJ must be just a little giddy about these developments?
    I mean he was recently playing in Poland- PKOE for Gornik Zabrze.
    Between soon to retire perennial German journeyman Lukas Podolski and league lifer Bartosz Nowak.
    Now he is likely between Lorenzo Insigne and Federico Bernardeschi.
    Not a terrible outcome?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think MAK is going to be super pumped to not only come back to his hometown, but play under a coach he really respects. I think overall - while the price was steep - it'll turn out well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well MAK for Priso...
    Ok.

Win now, soon?
    Almost? Not quite there?
    Another piece? Push a little further?
    All in? Win in Y23?
    Go berserker?
    Hows about... getting some more of the band together?
    Nashville DP Walker Zimmerman, Eric Miller and 25% Sell-On for, yep, I am saying it, Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty... and throw in Auro Jr.?
    Nuts? Off your rocker stupid?
    Would anyone entertain? Pull that trigger?

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-09-2022 at 05:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love this deal. Wasn’t convinced about Priso. Still has a lot to prove. Our track record of developing Canadians not good at all.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's win in 2023 —this starts though with a win in Vancouver this month. I think that cup win is the priority right now, which is why I suspect the other moves to drop happen in the next week.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and don't forget, the Leagues cup next year is a priority of equal value to this team as CCL.
    Regularly beating LigaMx teams in that competition will be a yardstick in MLS for quality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the trade. I’m not as high on Priso as some of the others on this board. Good player with potential for sure, but not untouchable by any means.

We acquired a ton of GAM over the winter by selling Laryea, Delgado etc. Had to use it at some point. And with the new rules we’ll have international spots to spare. The draft pick could be valuable if we’re bottom of the league, but obviously we’re betting on ourselves to make a run this year.

Still have some holes on the roster, but I like the direction we’re going. And we got another DP spot to make a splash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to going tonight even if Insigne isn't playing and my man Pozuelo got ran out of town...

Thoughts, the Priso deal was a massive blunder for what we gave up....and Priso was the one kid that had a future...its telling though, we have no competition for coache's son Mike Bradley which was directly Priso who has a huge upside...just the way father and son wanted it...next thing you'll hear is MB signed a three year extension ffs....

DOn't know much about Kaye but hopefully helps us...

And again, our most pressing need was defenders. I fail to see how we addressed our league leading goals against issue.....what is being done, or is the game plan to pretend we have no defensive issues and hope Insigne and co just outscore everyone?

As for tonight, had my tickets long ago...but tfc knew Insinge was hurt and wasn't going to be ready tonight....yet they promoted/hinted he'd be making his debut tonight and tickets on the secondary market got jacked up in price...I'd be pissed if I paid for those....shame on tfc for not being honest about LI's injury status....

Anyways, needless to say its must win tonight....if we lose 3 in a row at home to the crap we've faced when fighting for our playoff lives, then Manning needs to be fired post game...he's done enough damage already.

Now lets win this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

way overpayment for kaye who s game has hit a wall the last 2 years,could of got a stud dm with 2 mil of gam tam spam,not convinced with BB has a coach or gm yet.but he is a great dad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    way overpayment for kaye who s game has hit a wall the last 2 years,could of got a stud dm with 2 mil of gam tam spam,not convinced with BB has a coach or gm yet.but he is a great dad
    Definitely....last year Perez replaced the way past his expiration date MB with Priso who looked very good then....and Mikey didn't like it but couldn't do much about it until dear old dad became his coach. Now he plays all the time and his direct replacement got shipped out of town.

Nepotism at its finest but I knew this would happen the second dad became coach. Mikey's career (and millions more to be earned along the way) extended as we get overun in the midfield time after time.

All I ask is what would it take for Mikey to not start a game or get subbed? And is their a clause in BB or Mikey's contract saying Mikey starts and plays no matter what? Am being dead serious...how is he never subbed? And if we say he has no replacement, well we just got fleeced unloading his replacement and the lack of replacement seems to be by design to me. Sorry, just calling a spade a spade. I know many are Mikey fans and hate to hear it but its true. He should be phased out but instead, now is getting a more prominent role even as he gets worse by the minute.

Oh well, what can you do. We are stuck with the Bradley's for at least 3 more years no matter what. Manning though has to go if we miss the playoffs again. That would be the third time under his watch...simply unacceptable with the money msle throws away at this team.

Now lets win tonight. My kid and his buddies are hoping to at least see Insigne pre game and take a few pics. Hope he obliges.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

slept on it and all I could think about was Peter Griffin.

Ralph Priso could be anything. Hell, he could even be Mark-Anthony Kaye! Looking at it from this perspective, if yutes are a lotto ticket, it's hard to argue against this especially at MAK's age. If we were trading for Criscito-aged players, I'd be mad, but MAK's only 27.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please be specific - who specifically can we get for 2 million in gamtam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    please be specific - who specifically can we get for 2 million in gamtam.
    dont know.but in that money range you could someone better than kaye who will be on his 5 team in 6 years he is a mls journey man

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont know.but in that money range you could someone better than kaye who will be on his 5 team in 6 years he is a mls journey man
    So... no one. Heard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people from March 2022 to July 7, 2022 - "Management is clueless. They stick to kids who aren't MLS players. We need vets or they wasted the year. Fire everyone."

Same people July 8, 2022 - "Management is clueless. They traded away our future for a MLS vet that knows how to play this system. Fire everyone."