Page 85 of 193 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    My wild guess for our new CB is John Brooks. German/American, currently out of contract. Hasn't been involved in the USMNT the past few windows but is likely looking to get back into the team for the World Cup. Has been a consistent starter for Wolfsburg the past few years. https://www.transfermarkt.us/john-an...spieler/124732
    He lost his starting spot last year due to inconsistency but you’d have to think he’s still MLS level.

He was reportedly going to Hansa Rostock a couple of weeks ago but nothing seem to have come of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Per Singh - Salcedo isn't at training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He lost his starting spot last year due to inconsistency but you’d have to think he’s still MLS level.

He was reportedly going to Hansa Rostock a couple of weeks ago but nothing seem to have come of it.
    https://www.transfermarkt.us/john-an.../0?saison=2021
    Outside of a few games in the middle of the season, he played 90 minutes pretty much every game. Unless you mean losing his spot with the USMNT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.transfermarkt.us/john-an.../0?saison=2021
    Outside of a few games in the middle of the season, he played 90 minutes pretty much every game. Unless you mean losing his spot with the USMNT.
    no, that was from the story about the Hansa Rostock move. (I could be remembering it wrong, it was a few weeks ago) They said he wasn’t offered a new deal because they no longer felt he was starting material and he didn’t want to take a substantial pay cut.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got that 2018 Feeling, where we felt we had enough time to recover....

Eastern Conference
    Rank Club Points PPG
    1 New York 32 1.68
    2 Philadelphia 30 1.67
    3 Montréal 29 1.61
    4 New York City 29 1.71
    5 Cincinnati 25 1.39
    6 Orlando 25 1.39
    7 New England 25 1.39
    8 Charlotte 23 1.21
    9 Miami 22 1.29
    10 Columbus 22 1.29
    11 Atlanta 20 1.18
    Toronto 18 1
    13 D.C. 17 1.06
    14 Chicago 17 0.94

Eastern Conference (July 14, 2018)
    1 Atlanta United FC 40 2 20
    2 New York City FC 37 1.95 19
    3 New York Red Bulls 32 1.88 17
    4 Columbus Crew SC 30 1.5 20
    5 New England Revolution 28 1.56 18
    6 Montreal Impact 24 1.2 20
    7 Philadelphia Union 24 1.26 19
    8 Chicago Fire 23 1.15 20
    9 Orlando City SC 19 1.06 18
    10 Toronto FC 16 0.89 18
    11 D.C. United 11 0.79 14
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 07-08-2022 at 11:22 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing is going to happen today because somebody somewhere in the chain is going to be on Rogers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Nothing is going to happen today because somebody somewhere in the chain is going to be on Rogers.
    It's sad that I'm actually pretty certain this is true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The keeper, David Jensen was just released by the red bulls. Anyone know if he’s any good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, that was from the story about the Hansa Rostock move. (I could be remembering it wrong, it was a few weeks ago) They said he wasn’t offered a new deal because they no longer felt he was starting material and he didn’t want to take a substantial pay cut.
    Gotcha - makes sense. Wolfsburg didn't have the best season and Brooks admitted he wasn't playing at his best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea how trustworthy this is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how but I missed all the signings Forrest have made over the past little while. I know its complicated but even just to protect Richies spot in the WC he needs a move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea how trustworthy this is
    If so, it seems kind of redundant, exchanging one cm for another, when another cm is needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    If so, it seems kind of redundant, exchanging one cm for another, when another cm is needed.
    For me I'd want Priso playing at the bottom of a midfield 3 w/ Kaye as a Box-to-box, and Oso playing as an advanced playmaker/arrive late in the box type 8. Extend Oso and that midfield could be pretty dope in 2023.

So yeah - dont trade Priso for Kaye.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    For me I'd want Priso playing at the bottom of a midfield 3 w/ Kaye as a Box-to-box, and Oso playing as an advanced playmaker/arrive late in the box type 8. Extend Oso and that midfield could be pretty dope in 2023.

So yeah - dont trade Priso for Kaye.
    Who's on the block for you, then? Priso for Kaye makes sense in terms of value but I agree that I wouldn't do that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Who's on the block for you, then? Priso for Kaye makes sense in terms of value but I agree that I wouldn't do that.
    Okello and a ton of GAM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given our current needs, I would trade sadly trade Priso for Kaye if that was the only way to get the deal done. Especially if I can keep say 30%.

We need a right now CM not a next year CM.

It would be really awesome to be a fly on the wall in the war room right now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Said respectfully, because i really like MB but if it is Priso, it ensures that he remains the fixture in our lineup for the foreseeable future. Essentially Marky & Priso + $$ for MAK if this rumour is true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Given our current needs, I would trade sadly trade Priso for Kaye if that was the only way to get the deal done. Especially if I can keep say 30%.

We need a right now CM not a next year CM.

It would be really awesome to be a fly on the wall in the war room right now.
    Not next year? We're not out of it yet, but its a heck of a long shot. If we're blowing our stack on this season at the expense of 2023 I'd have to question the mgmt - especially since Insigne is arriving injured.

We've been accumulating GAM like nobodies business. Kaye would be expensive but I'm sure there is a package of that and young players that wouldn't cost the world. That said - maybe they don't rate Priso but for me he's not the one I would look to move.... unless they have a DP CM coming making Priso redundent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also MLS gave Canadian clubs a tit-load of international spots which is another weird commodity we could use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you listen to the same report that talks about Priso-Kaye they also say JMR is off to Liverpool, done deal. Go get’em kid!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d say almost any trade for Priso is stupid. The guys on MLSsoccer.com were comparing him yesterday to Tyler Adams and they’re not wrong. He’s going to be a top-level DM eventually.

He does, it should be said, absolutely exude the attitude. He always looks like he’s putting on the angry, “YEAH, DO IT” face. I wonder if maybe BB doesn’t like the ‘tude.

Surely it can’t be that he doesn’t recognize the talent, as he’s incredibly talented, easily the biggest upside of our youth so far (regardless of what they say about JMR, I just don’t see the on-field speed of thought and read yet to say he’s going to be really good).

I feel like this would be a mistake, no matter how well MAK does.

This almost feels like we’re trading Ralph so that Michael can remain a starter at 34; most of the time this year he’s played well enough to be there, but his age shows up a lot, and we’ve had a few games where he’s been gassed by the 70 minute, in terms of having enough speed to keep up with play.

I don’t like it. Trade pieces yes, but don’t trade your best pieces, not when they’re still young and developing. Short of him injuring himself or imploding off-field, we are going to regret this one down the road, in value and personnel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gahd, I hate this. Stupid, stupid decision if that’s what it is. This is the kind of shit that will genuinely make me worry about Bradley’s judgment, if he trades our best young central midfielder while his 34-year-old son is still starting every game (and playing 90 in most of them).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d say almost any trade for Priso is stupid. The guys on MLSsoccer.com were comparing him yesterday to Tyler Adams and they’re not wrong. He’s going to be a top-level DM eventually.

He does, it should be said, absolutely exude the attitude. He always looks like he’s putting on the angry, “YEAH, DO IT” face. I wonder if maybe BB doesn’t like the ‘tude.

Surely it can’t be that he doesn’t recognize the talent, as he’s incredibly talented, easily the biggest upside of our youth so far (regardless of what they say about JMR, I just don’t see the on-field speed of thought and read yet to say he’s going to be really good).

This almost feels like we’re trading Ralph so that Michael can remain a starter at 34; most of the time this year he’s played well enough to be there, but his age shows up a lot, and we’ve had a few games where he’s been gassed by the 70 minute, in terms of having enough speed to keep up with play.

I don’t like it. Trade pieces yes, but don’t trade your best pieces, not when they’re still young and developing. Short of him injuring himself or imploding off-field, we are going to regret this one down the road, in value and personnel.
    This to me is the take. I just would hate to see the actual good player move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100% this, and I'm alot more skeptical about MAK than most. I don't watch many rapids games, but, every fan I've seen from theirs posting about this is pretty ambivalent at best and doesn't rate him at worst. Generally he seems to be seen as talented but makes poor decisions and turns the ball over alot needlessly - exactly what we don't need. But again, maybe others do watch more Rapids and disagree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This to me is the take. I just would hate to see the actual good player move.
    Maybe it’s like MAK himself. We let him go from TFC II because of his attitude and he corrected it. Maybe they figure we’re a big enough club that we can just buy him back later if he reaches his potential.

But that seems reductive, to let other people do our heavy lifting on player development.

The other possibility is that Bradley doesn’t rate him, which would seriously make me question his judgment. I mean, I realize the guy’s resume is heavyweight, but anyone who has watched Priso play well sees it, so far. It’s not exactly a secret how high is upside is.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree.

I have lots more to say, but haven't had the time. Many of my concerns will allayed if they find and actually play a guy that makes us less dependent on MB in the future; and/or find a different role for MB so he's less easily exposed.

We shall see, I guess. Now there will be AT LEAST two more former TFC players on other MLS teams that will likely burn us in the future.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That outlet has made up stuff before I think.

Also don't believe Colorado would do priso for MAK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    100% this, and I'm alot more skeptical about MAK than most. I don't watch many rapids games, but, every fan I've seen from theirs posting about this is pretty ambivalent at best and doesn't rate him at worst. Generally he seems to be seen as talented but makes poor decisions and turns the ball over alot needlessly - exactly what we don't need. But again, maybe others do watch more Rapids and disagree
    He has looked distracted and poor ever since going to Colorado.

I don’t think he works well in a possession-based system or a counter and Colorado plays both. When he was playing for the Nats last summer and we were playing the counter, he was very hard on the tackle and made snap decisions.

But I think that might also be systems. When he was at LAFC the dude was like a clock as a shuttler. He wasn’t a no 6; I have to assume that with two tackles per game they’re going to leave Michael there. Again, a mistake.

AAARGH. This is so frustrating. It’s very rare that they let one go who I am CERTAIN after fifty years of watching football is going to make it. I was upset about Tyler Pasher as well, but not this much because he was so young that his upside couldn’t really be judged. But this…

Fuck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Priso for MAK would be tough. I think it would make our team better this season, but it's definitely a risk for the future. Priso was set up to take over the DM role from MB4. Maybe we have a DP DM coming in though and Bradley will shift to a lower contract after the season.