Page 79 of 193 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    The question is Are we excited that Bernardeschi is coming in? Or are we sad that Reading beat us to Hoilett signature
    Not that it matters now, but I suspect it was TFC that moved on and not the other way around. You can see the same thing at play with the Pozuelo trade. A lot of the reporting around that time was that there were deals in place but that a certain order had to unfold. They had the deal for Pozuelo in place but all of it was contingent upon Fede signing. Once that was firm Hoilett accepts the Reading offer (which would be a lot less than TFC was offering).

Anyway - that is my speculation for what its worth. Its kinda crazy how disruptive MLSE can be in the global football world because of the scale of their operation. You have to think they will purchase a team in Europe at some point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    So then my question is, at what point does 'laziness' become 'core competency' - if our team is better equipped for Italian stars to be more comfortable here, it makes sense to recruit them more heavily rather than repeat the failures of Soteldo.
    Well let me say this, our hit rate for Europeans playing in Toronto is a lot higher than South Americans it would seem. And it sort of makes sense when you consider the makeup of the city and who we have on staff.

Not saying we cross anywhere off the map but I know where I’d look if I was spending DP money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    If you're trying to convince an Italian to come to Toronto do you take them to an Italian restaurant and show them we have good Italian food and make them feel comfortable? Or do you take them to another high end restaurant (e.g., sushi, a steakhouse, Alo, or Canoe) and show them how Toronto has a wide selection of cuisine available to them?
    Something different. Even the best Italian restaurants here can’t compete with the quality of ingredients you can get in Italy. Also, taking him to an Italian place is clueless, would you do that with a Chinese person? Highlighting the community is one thing, and makes sense. That said, Berna probably didn’t care and just wanted to know if his prospective new boss is running an org he’s willing to be a part of.

(No offence to the restaurant in question, I’m sure it’s very good!)
    Last edited by Kamp Berg; 07-07-2022 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    Haha now that this is almost official. So the restaurant is owned by my best friend, it’s called Giro,It was actually in Woodbridge, great place. I just didn’t want to say exactly where it was if it didn’t pan out.

But wow did it create a lot of great conversation the past month !

ha amazing bro!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Well done

LOL!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Something different. Even the best Italian restaurants here can’t compete with the quality of ingredients you can get in Italy. Also, taking him to an Italian place is clueless, would you do that with a Chinese person? Highlighting the community is one thing, and makes sense. That said, Berna probably didn’t care and just wanted to know if his prospective new boss is running an org he’s willing to be a part of.

But clearly it worked and some people value comfort over selection.

There's no one right answer, this felt like a toss-up question, leading for an answer just to shit on management.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something different. Even the best Italian restaurants here can’t compete with the quality of ingredients you can get in Italy. Also, taking him to an Italian place is clueless, would you do that with a Chinese person? Highlighting the community is one thing, and makes sense.
    But if I were taking out Chinese clients (for example) who were thinking of moving/working here but spoke little or no English I would take them initially to places where they can communicate freely with people and that feel as close to "home" as possible.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 07-07-2022 at 09:37 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    But if I were taking out Chinese clients who were thinking of moving/working here but spoke little or no English I would take them initially to places where they can communicate freely with people and feels as close to "home" as possible.
    There's also the very real possibility that he had a guide for the other parts of his time here to show him the other sides of the city when he wasn't touring the facilities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    But if I were taking out Chinese clients (for example) who were thinking of moving/working here but spoke little or no English I would take them initially to places where they can communicate freely with people and that feel as close to "home" as possible.
    I guess, but NA and especially Toronto are exciting because they offer something completely new to the old world. Most regular people who I’ve met come here or want to come here are looking to experience the new and different life offered here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Well let me say this, our hit rate for Europeans playing in Toronto is a lot higher than South Americans it would seem. And it sort of makes sense when you consider the makeup of the city and who we have on staff.

Not saying we cross anywhere off the map but I know where I’d look if I was spending DP money
    Yea. I wanted TFC to be all in on the Young South Americans model but I just don't think it'll work here. Go for Euros or SA guys that have had a few years in Europe and it hasn't quite worked out - Martinez and Cucho types.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no one right answer, this felt like a toss-up question, leading for an answer just to shit on management.
    Sorry, but it seems really tone deaf to me. Doesn’t mean the deal making portion wasn’t done well. Mind you, ever since Curtis was hired, I am extremely sceptical of anything Manning does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    Haha now that this is almost official. So the restaurant is owned by my best friend, it’s called Giro,It was actually in Woodbridge, great place. I just didn’t want to say exactly where it was if it didn’t pan out.

But wow did it create a lot of great conversation the past month !
    We need a rollerblader stationed nearby that resto at all times now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, but it seems really tone deaf to me. Doesn’t mean the deal making portion wasn’t done well. Mind you, ever since Curtis was hired, I am extremely sceptical of anything Manning does.

i agree with you- anyone who " shits" on management isn't pulling stuff out of their "ass"

since 2017 - TFC have done nothing of significance- almost winning CCL doesnt count, getting to the finals dont count and lets be real Canadian Championship shouldnt be touted as comparable to others.

Since 2017 management had an opportunity to make a smooth transition- from my perspective, seba, jozy, vanney, auro, poz all have been pushed out with very little value in return.

we as fans are justified to "shit " on management.

Are we not allowed to ask how management can justify 40% in crease on season tickets- there are six home games left, 5 to watch insigne lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    We need a rollerblader stationed nearby that resto at all times now
    Ahh I still remember that day....the legend that will never die. Roll on roller blader....roll on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On further thought, it probably is dependent on the person and maybe best to show both sides of it. Is this person interested in a new adventure and want to try new things or do they want to have the comforts of home in a foreign city.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good answer. Maybe Manning asked him what kind of restaurant he'd prefer. Why assume he didn't? It's highly individual.

Funny story: I knew a Canadian who went to Paris, France on a trip and ended up eating at McDonald's. He clearly valued comfort over the infinitely better food than McDonald's available in Paris.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    i agree with you- anyone who " shits" on management isn't pulling stuff out of their "ass"

since 2017 - TFC have done nothing of significance- almost winning CCL doesnt count, getting to the finals dont count and lets be real Canadian Championship shouldnt be touted as comparable to others.

Since 2017 management had an opportunity to make a smooth transition- from my perspective, seba, jozy, vanney, auro, poz all have been pushed out with very little value in return.

we as fans are justified to "shit " on management.

Are we not allowed to ask how management can justify 40% in crease on season tickets- there are six home games left, 5 to watch insigne lol
    Then I as a fan am allowed to call you out for what is basically armchair management that has no basis in reality. Your discourse is 'I'm allowed to shit on people whenever I want because I'm a fan', and it's not valuable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry... I didn't realize a fun question about how to wine and dine players would devolve into a discussion about how Manning sucks. When reviewing whether Manning is doing a good job I don't know if hypothetical restaurant selection is something we should be evaluating.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Good answer. Maybe Manning asked him what kind of restaurant he'd prefer. Why assume he didn't? It's highly individual.

Funny story: I knew a Canadian who went to Paris, France on a trip and ended up eating at McDonald's. He clearly valued comfort over the infinitely better food than McDonald's available in Paris.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then I as a fan am allowed to call you out for what is basically armchair management that has no basis in reality. Your discourse is 'I'm allowed to shit on people whenever I want because I'm a fan', and it's not valuable.

there is no need to "Call out" people. no basis in reality ? what are you even going on about- everything is fact from 2017 since Bez left -management hasn't been less than what expected when Bez and Tim was running TFC.

you see what you see in management and others see differently- accept it and move on- way more questionable management moves then you see-

an arm chair management? i only stated issues i seen- a lot of action has been reactive instead of pro-active which has put TFC in a place where they missed the playoffs and had low attendance.

im speaking facts- you keep stating all this stuff but haven't proven anything except he signed LI- that isnt value being added you shouldnt take it personal that fans are calling out management it isnt a good way to live life

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry... I didn't realize a fun question about how to wine and dine players would devolve into a discussion about how Manning sucks. When reviewing whether Manning is doing a good job I don't know if hypothetical restaurant selection is something we should be evaluating.
    Honestly if we're gonna wine and dine players, give 'em the entire tour. Like that one episode in Hell's Kitchen where they go eat from 20 different restaurants. Provide an italian tour guide, pick the best of the best, run and gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're trying to convince an Italian to come to Toronto do you take them to an Italian restaurant and show them we have good Italian food and make them feel comfortable? Or do you take them to another high end restaurant (e.g., sushi, a steakhouse, Alo, or Canoe) and show them how Toronto has a wide selection of cuisine available to them?
    Who knows, maybe they did both and we just didn't have a TFC fan in the second restaurant. He probably was here for a few days. First night an Italian restaurant, second night a something else restaurant. Show them comfort of home and another example of something different. So you can show them the best of both worlds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Breakdown of the GAM we got from Inter Miami
    "In return, Inter Miami will send $75,000 in 2022 General Allocation Money (GAM) and $75,000 in 2023 GAM to Toronto FC."
    https://www.intermiamicf.com/news/inter-miami-cf-acquires-2020-mls-mvp-alejandro-pozuelo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    "In return, Inter Miami will send $75,000 in 2022 General Allocation Money (GAM) and $75,000 in 2023 GAM to Toronto FC."
    https://www.intermiamicf.com/news/inter-miami-cf-acquires-2020-mls-mvp-alejandro-pozuelo

that doesnt seem like good value at all ?75K for 2022 - limits flexibility for this window right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    that doesnt seem like good value at all ?75K for 2022 - limits flexibility for this window right?
    We have a ton of GAM at the moment. $400k from the Delgado trade, $1M from the sale of Richie. Plus we've kept all of our standard GAM and TAM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    my brain is saying that there's like a couple million dollars in GAM we still have - since it's half charge we could theoretically get a DP less than 3M-ish if the Salcedo move doesn't work out and still be compliant?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went through Italy's games and it seems Insigne, Bernie and Criscitio have never been on the pitch at the same time. There was one game where all three played, however Insigne was subbed off before Criscitio came on. Guess who was also on the bench for this game? Our old friend Giovinco
    https://www.transfermarkt.us/spielbe...ericht/3052638

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have a ton of GAM at the moment. $400k from the Delgado trade, $1M from the sale of Richie. Plus we've kept all of our standard GAM and TAM.
    I haven't updated it in a while, but my spreadsheet has us with somewhere around $3M in xAM remaining still.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't updated it in a while, but my spreadsheet has us with somewhere around $3M in xAM remaining still.
    xAM is use it or lose it, right? Gotta be something on the horizon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xAM is use it or lose it, right? Gotta be something on the horizon.
    I just bundle the GAM and TAM together into xAM - it's easier to make the math work. GAM has to be used each season and TAM is discretionary for each team.