Page 74 of 193 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 5785
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Though with Ingigne and company, perhaps the best defence will be a good offense and will outscore our opponents. They will certainly be on the backfoot with Insigne attacking. Hope it all works out.
    What that should help with is positive possession, not our current pointless possession just to hold the ball. In recent matches we've totally reverted to 2018 TFC with the ultra slow, methodical short & back passing style which accomplishes nothing other than allowing every team to get 10 guys behind the ball. Keeping teams honest and having players that opposing teams have to respect should spread the field and would help a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    you are right. I’ll do the same once I figure out how. I just had to call out his post in which he said “ others say, I didn’t” to accuse BB of being discriminatory towards Spanish speaking players. Shouldn’t have told him to fuck off these boards though, that’s not the right way to put it even if the sentiment is correct.
    Okay brother, apology accepted and we move on. Lets talk football.

We can agree to disagree.....and I think in the end we all want the same thing, to win. Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    What that should help with is positive possession, not our current pointless possession just to hold the ball. In recent matches we've totally reverted to 2018 TFC with the ultra slow, methodical short & back passing style which accomplishes nothing other than allowing every team to get 10 guys behind the ball. Keeping teams honest and having players that opposing teams have to respect should spread the field and would help a lot.
    I think so.

Its easy to bunker against us now for sure and hit us on the counter. Insgine will be double/triple teamed so others are going to have to take advantage of all the space opened up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Position matters too, I think - a lot has been made of Poz's being a 10 when Bradley's system doesn't really use one of those. Though I'm still hesitant about rolling out Mavinga+O'Neill as starters, I'm willing to trial it with responsible wing backs.
    In a pinch, sure, otherwise constantly? For me that's still a recipe inviting opportunities for continued losses; and I like both players individually.

In a three, you mos def need someone between them; and not a Salcedo type; by default Criscito?

Again, IMO, Salcedo and Mavinga are similar types and do (did?) not compliment one another in play; these sorts cannot play beside one another in any back line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Nothing that happened today has addressed any of the holes we had at the start of the day. Let’s see what else goes down.

this is a very underrated comment.

Still need:

RB
    LB
    CB
    GK
    CDM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    All these rumours are great, but the team needs a backline leader more than anything else. Not a peep about defenders.

extremely important part of this window IMO

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    In a pinch, sure, otherwise constantly? For me that's still a recipe inviting opportunities for continued losses; and I like both players individually.

In a three, you mos def need someone between them; and not a Salcedo type; by default Criscito?

Again, IMO, Salcedo and Mavinga are similar types and do (did?) not compliment one another in play; these sorts cannot play beside one another in any back line.
    thus my hesitation - I'm OK with seeing one or two games of this, but push comes to shove, we've got all these resources and haven't used them yet in terms of the GAM/TAM we got

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    To be that's more about the earlier trades, especially the full backs, but rumours of issues here are interesting. Face value though yeah this is more a case of wrong player for the system, but it seems crazy to not be able to make it work with a player of this quality either way

This has some truth to it- I know i been told I dont know what is going on in the locker room .

To me it seems like my way or the highway- dont question me.... maybe hypothetically anyone who said something about Bradley JR play in practice - got pushed out.

seems like strong personalities with strong opinions:

Lawrence
    Auro
    Poz
    Laryea(could be combination of opporunity)

I would have preferred to have delgado and osorio in the midfield instead of bradley, he has been very bad in the most opportune time (turn over to counter or easy shot on target - and cant hit)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tea leaves are fine for reading and all but they don't make for much substance. The fact is that there's definitely very good football reasons for the moves being made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Okay brother, apology accepted and we move on. Lets talk football.

We can agree to disagree.....and I think in the end we all want the same thing, to win. Cheers.

I dont think anyone should take personal shots at one another,

seems like the board is split 50/50 and a lot dont share their opinion on how they dislike manning's management style or lack of.

Recently I did see many agree with him being lazy and not putting effort to have a seemless transition from jozy/seba.

Me personally am done with manning- if he didnt have the big bank of money to spend - it would be so bad.

Armas - still getting paid
    Ali - still getting paid
    pozuelo- almost botched a couple of times when first signed- only got $150K in GAM to a competitor in the east
    soteldo- wasnt right fit at the time and signed whoever to keep fans happy
    salcedo- for soteldo- to mask the overpayment
    Salcedo - out? bad asset management that started with solteldo

Jozy- extending him for 3 years after dealing with fallout of Seba.

Increasing season tickets by 40% - the on field play has not justified this at all.

If he didnt have unlimited funds to throw away - TFC would be in a very difficult position

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post

seems like the board is split 50/50 and a lot dont share their opinion on how they dislike manning's management style or lack of.

Recently I did see many agree with him being lazy and not putting effort to have a seemless transition from jozy/seba.

Me personally am done with manning- if he didnt have the big bank of money to spend - it would be so bad.

Ali - still getting paid
    pozuelo- almost botched a couple of times when first signed- only got $150K in GAM to a competitor in the east

Increasing season tickets by 40% - the on field play has not justified this at all.

If he didnt have unlimited funds to throw away - TFC would be in a very difficult position
    Agreed brother. Manning somehow escapes any accountability for the mess he created. He migh be able to spend his way out of this mess but that's only because MLSE has seemingly unlimited funds and lets him get away with horrible decisions (like Curtis, Armas, etc).

Hope it works out but even someone as clueless as me who lacks football understanding can see we need defenders.

Ill be there Saturday, hoping we start a winning streak and can work our way into the playoffs..and then with Insgine, in the playoffs anything is possible....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ali - still getting paid

The only thing I disagree with is that it is 'lazy' to get top players from a top league in the team. Manning's asset management has been nothing short of awful, but the improv works for me as long as we get a functional team and, to some extent, is cleaning up the Curtis asset management. He was supposed to fade into black so Curtis could work his capology but it turns out that Curtis was the real fraud.

Also, I don't think anyone should be making unsubstantiated statements but if it's seen as a personal attack to call someone out on bad behaviour, so be it
    Last edited by Yuushalinsky; 07-06-2022 at 10:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the topic of season tickets, in the stadium on Saturday they had advertisements promoting the 2023 season ticket waitlist. I'm guessing they're maxed out for 2022 or mostly focusing on single game tickets/smaller game packs for now?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESPN saying two MLS teams have made "ground breaking" offers to Lingard... haven't seen any rumors suggesting who, but teams with open DP slots per Wikipedia:

Montreal, Colorado, DC, LAFC, Minnesota, NYCFC, NYRB, Philly, RSL, SJ, St. Louis, TFC, VAN

Of those, likely only LAFC, NYCFC and TFC would splash out on the $150k/week ask? Would he fit into BB's midfield vision?

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-t...-deals-sources

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spot on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently a 4 year offer to Berna

EDIT: I have been informed Nico is not trustworthy at all
    Last edited by noxx98; 07-06-2022 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ali - still getting paid

Totally agree. He’s been the head of the ship during an era of underperformance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi10 View Post
    ESPN saying two MLS teams have made "ground breaking" offers to Lingard... haven't seen any rumors suggesting who, but teams with open DP slots per Wikipedia:

Montreal, Colorado, DC, LAFC, Minnesota, NYCFC, NYRB, Philly, RSL, SJ, St. Louis, TFC, VAN

Of those, likely only LAFC, NYCFC and TFC would splash out on the $150k/week ask? Would he fit into BB's midfield vision?

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-t...-deals-sources
    They said he was flying to LA & NY so has to be LAFC & NYCFC. Maybe NYCFC finally moving Castellanos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

Pretty sure Nicolo Shira is not a trustworthy source. He's like the Will Forbes of Europe. Makes stuff up and/or just takes other names in the media and presents them as his own.
    https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/sta...52315755921408
    Last edited by rydermike; 07-06-2022 at 10:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Pretty sure Nicolo Shira is not a trustworthy source. He's like the Will Forbes of Europe. Makes stuff up and/or just takes other names in the media and presents them as his own.
    https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/sta...52315755921408
    Thanks - I remembered him from the Insigne signing but couldn't recall if he was reliable or not.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/giaco_iaco/statu...00019047124993

How reliable is this guy then anyways - he's saying 3 years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reddit has him listed as Tier 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God bless mods for having to moderate this board this year.

I’ve never seen it this heated before in this thread.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the individual(s?) moderating, especially when things are getting lengthy and way off topic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No idea but to me it seems a 3 year deal would be more likely on offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    No idea but to me it seems a 3 year deal would be more likely on offer.
    Surprised it’s only 3 years given the term that Insigne is getting.

Still waiting to hear even a rumour about a defender that isn’t Richie Laryea or Criscito because we need to stop leaking goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

Schira is a certified clown. Probably tweets from his mother's basement.

He said Seba back to Toronto was a done deal last year, LOL.

I trust Forbes and Singh more ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Surprised it’s only 3 years given the term that Insigne is getting.

Still waiting to hear even a rumour about a defender that isn’t Richie Laryea or Criscito because we need to stop leaking goals.
    https://www.acmilaninfo.com/transfer...gnoli-toronto/

It's old but his name has come up on Twitter with a few other Italian names I didn't recognize.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Schira is a certified clown. Probably tweets from his mother's basement.

He said Seba back to Toronto was a done deal last year, LOL.

I trust Forbes and Singh more ...
    Have edited my post to clarify he's a clown. Thanks all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    ^yeah, said respectfully lets not go there, unless something specific comes out and even then. On the field, i never saw the guy not give 100%.
    Hey Bushmancan, agree and your right.
    Unfortunately... I am not comfortable with what ensued.
    Accordingly, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to any of those whom may care.
    I may have been the one who by way of an early morning post inadvertently ignited enough of this mishegoss.
    To clarfy, I was trying to comment on and ascertain if there were also character factors that may have contributed to the Pozuelo trade decision.
    My intent was in part to also frame a consideration inspired by an earlier post about the occurrence or potential for dressing room cliques.
    Whether by seniority, culture, language, personality, performance, talent, etc...
    I used 'LatinX', when I should have probably just used 'Spanish language'; my understanding is that Auro is versed in Spanish.
    In no way, no how, should that post have eventually lead to any suggestion that the Bradleys are racist.
    Com-on, really? They are not!
    However, as some are suggesting, in the sense of BBradley's football thinking and play execution being very limited and thereby inflexible.
    And only in that narrow way, in a period of team transition, is it discriminatory; hence, others and #PozueloOut!
    Still, I get the feeling there is potential that the Bradleys each or they together can be ruthless and even vicious in support of any football agenda.
    Thereby, by way of concern and comparison, I remember the respect I held for 'oldschool' Babcock.
    Until it was revealed the way he treated the prized asset that was rookie Marner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    God bless mods for having to moderate this board this year.

I’ve never seen it this heated before in this thread.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the individual(s?) moderating, especially when things are getting lengthy and way off topic.

Fully agreed. Great mods here for sure. Not sure who they all are but I know Oldtimer is one of them and he is great.

Cheers.