RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RB - O'Neill - CB - Criscito

Priso-Bradley-Osorio

Berna-JJ-Insigne

is the current thought? obviously CM is a spot we're looking at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell me we didn't trade one of the best mid fielders in the league for $150k and opening a dp slot, we better have someone special lined up to be our third DP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Ouch that is literally no money or assets.

There has to be a 3rd DP or Young Money players lined up. Poz only had 6 months left and Salcedo is out the door as well. You really didn’t *have* to move him unless there’s more than just Berna coming in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Bernardeschi taking over the DP spot or is there possibly another big signing come soon

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Is Bernardeschi taking over the DP spot or is there possibly another big signing come soon
    he's taking over one spot, with another one opening due to salcedo leaving

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder who fills the Salcedo DP spot, any names being rumoured??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150k is some next level Chris Henderson shit right there. However, it is likely he would have signed a pre-contract outside the league if we didn't do something right now.

He was going to walk for free if we don't move him. Find the financially constrained team and work something out with them. Opening up the DP slot and moving a piece that obviously didn't fit is not horrible business.

It seems Poz was on board with this, as he worked his tail off doing unaccustomed things. Glad and sad to see him go. It will be awful when he nutmegs Bradley, embarrasses our backline and puts our goalie on toast later in the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC has a bad habit of not getting much back in trades.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    It will be awful when he nutmegs Bradley, embarrasses our backline and puts our goalie on toast later in the year.
    Yep - two games left against Miami including the 2nd last of the year when playoffs will (hopefully) be on the line. Bold move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    I wonder who fills the Salcedo DP spot, any names being rumoured??
    We need a list of FA CMs that are available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insert "Wow, that escalated quickly" gif here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Insert "Wow, that escalated quickly" gif here.
    Yeh, if you went away from 8 pm last night to now.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, if you went away from 8 pm last night to now.....
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    150k is some next level Chris Henderson shit right there. However, it is likely he would have signed a pre-contract outside the league if we didn't do something right now.

He was going to walk for free if we don't move him. Find the financially constrained team and work something out with them. Opening up the DP slot and moving a piece that obviously didn't fit is not horrible business.

It seems Poz was on board with this, as he worked his tail off doing unaccustomed things. Glad and sad to see him go. It will be awful when he nutmegs Bradley, embarrasses our backline and puts our goalie on toast later in the year.
    Salcedo leaving means we could have rode his contract to the end of year and he wasn’t hamstringing the club by any means.

Has to be something more and big going on here (more than even just Berna).

Give me Tolisso…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Pozuelo leaves and Salcedo stays I am going to be pissssed. Also FB can play Pozeulo's position behind Insigne and Jiminez as on Juventus he sometimes was used as more defensively. Take a look at some of his highlight videos. And being over 6ft, he can really win some balls in the midfield and distribute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150k GAM is fine. They obviously just wanted that DP spot opened for a Weekend with Berni.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150k GAM is fine. They obviously just wanted that DP spot opened for a Weekend with Berni.
    If Salcedo is going as well, that suggests they have two more DPs already lined up.

If Bernardeschi is one, who’s the other?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well played...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Who plays attacking midfielder, Osorio?
    We won’t have one. Poz was a #10 through and through (even when pushed out wide) and he didn’t look at home in Bradley’s conception of football. Bernardeschi is more like the player BB was asking Poz to be: defensively responsible right winger.

We still need quite a few players however, especially if Salcedo is gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So TFC just traded a former mvp make 3.5 million to go sign a dp that didn’t score in over a calendar year and probably pay him in the 6–7 million range (gross not net)

before any of you start… he played the majority of his games against the lower positioned teams.

fire manning straight into the moon. He really is useless

i hope pozeulo torches every single time he plays us…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    So TFC just traded a former mvp make 3.5 million to go sign a dp that didn’t score in over a calendar year and probably pay him in the 6–7 million range (gross not net)

before any of you start… he played the majority of his games against the lower positioned teams.

This is a Bob Bradley move. It's success or failure, which we don't know yet, will sit with him. With the info we have right now our transfer business has been appalling, but we'll see

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    This is a Bob Bradley move. It's success or failure, which we don't know yet, will sit with him. With the info we have right now our transfer business has been appalling, but we'll see

No it hasn't

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I share your concern about his overall value but we have to temper it by considering that he’s a) playing at a higher level and b) may be primarily tasked with roles outside the final third.

I’ll be on board until it doesn’t work, as usual.

If we sign him, great, hopefully it works out. I can’t see a guy who’s played regular for their national team HURTING us. Our team play and transition play is so poor, even a guy who’s being overpaid relative to production can be pretty valuable.

As long as he fulfills his team responsibilities at a top level, his overall production may be less important, because we still have Insigne, Jimenez and Akinola, all of whom are pretty much locks to score 10 plus a season.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope pozeulo torches every single time he plays us…
    Yes they did , and you will soon learn not to shit on 28 year olds that just won A European Championship

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn’t Manning say that DP moves go through him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Didn’t Manning say that DP moves go through him?
    I'm sure they do, but it seemed clear Bob either didn't rate Pozuelo too highly or just didn't think he'd fit in his system. I'm sure Manning has to approve, but I'd say Bob was the one pushing this. Both are culpable really, but I'd bet the decision was Bobs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure they do, but it seemed clear Bob either didn't rate Pozuelo too highly or just didn't think he'd fit in his system. I'm sure Manning has to approve, but I'd say Bob was the one pushing this. Both are culpable really, but I'd bet the decision was Bobs
    He’s ultimately a guy who seems very keen on positional responsibility. Even when he was good (which was, really, most of the time) Poz was all over the pitch because he’s played like a guy with a free role since basically his second year at Genk.

He’s been successful being the guy on the ball for six years, so he’s probably locked into it now.

But on a team that relies on taking positional advantage — basically eschewing prescribed movement in favor of supporting triangles and filling zones to support teammates, ala Cruyff ball — that forces teammates to be as good as he is, because they have to read and adjust more.

GIven that Oso tends to do this as well in the final third as a consequence of being able to keep the ball in traffic, we end up with a lot of disjointed situations that turn into bad transitions the other way,.

On a team of veterans none of this would be an issue, because the other players would all read, react and adjust quickly enough to cover problems. But the kids just need more positional discipline. That’s my read, anyway.

Poz is very much a round peg and Bob wants square pegs in square holes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    100% agree with this. Poz was (and is) a great player and did so much for TFC. But he wasn't a fit with the vision for the team. Getting a significant return for Poz was always going to be tough with 6 months left on his deal - especially if he was wanting to go to Miami in the future.

Whatever the future holds for this team, it's going to be fun.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    That's how Bradley as a manager wins. He builds teams that play his system. He doesn't change the system to fit the players he has. You give him a free hand, you'll see his system in play. You'll likely get a solid team though much less exciting than 2017 TFC. It should be a contender. I find it a bit dull but if it wins I'll be happy.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    That's how Bradley as a manager wins. He builds teams that play his system. He doesn't change the system to fit the players he has. You give him a free hand, you'll see his system in play. You'll likely get a solid team though much less exciting than 2017 TFC. It should be a contender. I find it a bit dull but if it wins I'll be happy.
    LAFC was dull?
    That's all I'll say about that.