Page 59 of 193 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 5785
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    salcedo just liked a tweet that said he has family health issues and needs to move back to mexico.

looks like this one is happening and soon.
    Seems like he's on a social media blitz - liked one of my tweets about his play so I have a feeling he's closer to done at TFC than not. Even then, I respect him for his time here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I've been impressed with him - not always his play, but with him.
    I agree with this 100%. I always see him talking to the young players, giving them instructions, on social media, he's always positive, interacts with the other players on there and you can see he has good relationships with everyone, etc. Seems like a great teammate. I'd rather a player be a bit overpaid, but is a net positive on the team as a whole, than one who just brings team morale down, which is what it seems like Soteldo was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carlos Salcedo has an interesting family.
    Father a former player and is/was a player agent; his and others?
    Sister a minor glam celebrity that dates footballers; even Ronaldinho!
    Grandfather played also.
    Even had a second uncle who played for USMNT a longtime ago.
    Family antics at times is fodder for Mexican tabloids.
    Maybe a parent on his or his wife's side is ill?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    If our backline is left with Petrasso Criscito Mavinga Kosi then we are no better off. We really needed Criscito slotting in at LB. O'Neill and Mavinga in the middle has been problematic. Let's hope we have some leads for this window.
    If transfer market is to be believed (and maybe there are some Series A fans who can tell us a more accurate picture), Criscito is more likely to be a CB than a fullback here and dare I offer that given his age, that’s what makes sense.

Both fullback roles need to be given to more experienced players. Not saying the kids won’t develop but it’s a glaring weakness just about every game now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    If transfer market is to be believed (and maybe there are some Series A fans who can tell us a more accurate picture), Criscito is more likely to be a CB than a fullback here and dare I offer that given his age, that’s what makes sense.

Both fullback roles need to be given to more experienced players. Not saying the kids won’t develop but it’s a glaring weakness just about every game now.
    JMR is the only one that seems to have any defensive skill, the others should only be deployed as wingbacks with a back three.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure if it has ever been mentioned or discussed before... relevant tangent...
    I think at least for the time being any roster construction of the team should also try to consider the implications of trying for a 'starting 14 or 15' from the standard 11.
    Given the ongoing ability for 'Covid Substitutions' of 3 or 4 opportunities for 5 or 6 players during a match; depending on it's situation and the federation/league?
    I understand and respect there is an obvious cap limitation for MLS to be 'within'.
    Yet, I think this novelty may be changing global football thinking and play; strategies, tactics and executions for some clubs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    I am not sure if it has ever been mentioned or discussed before... relevant tangent...
    I think at least for the time being any roster construction of the team should also try to consider the implications of trying for a 'starting 14 or 15' from the standard 11.
    Given the ongoing ability for 'Covid Substitutions' of 3 or 4 opportunities for 5 or 6 players during a match; depending on it's situation and the federation/league?
    I understand and respect there is an obvious cap limitation for MLS to be 'within'.
    Yet, I think this novelty may be changing global football thinking and play; strategies, tactics and executions for some clubs.
    This is the benefit to having our supplemental spots and also developing the current young guys to be usable for these types of things as homegrowns are cap exempt.

Having a mostly homegrown bench would be a big bonus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A can of worms... six of one, a half dozen of the other...
    I think Criscito would like to be @LFB to best link with Insigne
    Yet Criscito @ CB-L, which he has played, displaces Mavinga; who has oddly enough played earlier in career @LFB
    Not sure about Criscito @CB-R; nor Mavinga; each may feel 'out of place' to play there consistently.

My spidey sense is telling me theres fookery afoot.
    A CB-R is coming; whether MLS, TAM/LAM or DP?

This also suggests to me there may now be another 3 to 4 player/position moves happening this window.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i reckon if salcedo leaves we'll bring in a defender from within MLS, and there will a DP signing on the right wing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    A can of worms... six of one, a half dozen of the other...
    I think Criscito would like to be @LFB to best link with Insigne
    Yet Criscito @ CB-L, which he has played, displaces Mavinga; who has oddly enough played earlier in career @LFB
    Not sure about Criscito @CB-R; nor Mavinga; each may feel 'out of place' to play there consistently.

My spidey sense is telling me theres fookery afoot.
    A CB-R is coming; whether MLS, TAM/LAM or DP?

This also suggests to me there may now be another 3 to 4 player/position moves happening this window.
    My gut says the coaching staff isn’t sold on Mavinga and he’s potentially the 3rd CB for the balance of the year with a new signing coming in if Salcedo leaves (and likely gone next year).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/KristianRDyer/st...11414372843521

"Source: Toronto FC is shopping Carlos Salcedo "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/KristianRDyer/st...11414372843521

"Source: Toronto FC is shopping Carlos Salcedo "
    He's been awful and I don't really know why. He ticked a lot of boxes, seemed like he should have been a good get.

I guess it's good that Bob sees it's not working and is acting quickly, but man, this is another big whiff of a signing in recent times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i reckon if salcedo leaves we'll bring in a defender from within MLS, and there will a DP signing on the right wing
    Yeah, the most sensible. Yet IDK anymore; with all the reasonable MLS, SerieA, other foreign rumour possibilities.
    My mind is ping ponging.
    I always thought Doneil Henry to be a plan b, settle for now, FB-R move, more than the CB-R option.
    Even though that's one of his primary and historic positions.
    What's the consensus? Would he be just as good or bad as Salcedo? Depending how you rate 'El Titan'?
    I get he would be much more salary cap friendly though.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-04-2022 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    He's been awful and I don't really know why. He ticked a lot of boxes, seemed like he should have been a good get.

I guess it's good that Bob sees it's not working and is acting quickly, but man, this is another big whiff of a signing in recent times.
    IIRC this may have been more of a BSBill signing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Salcedo, but not sure he was the player we really needed. Strange how this has gone from a "sick family member" to being "shopped" in under 24 hours. Being shopped in MLS typically means looking for a trade elsewhere in the league doesn't it? Wonder what's going on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps this was to be slightly expected? We get rid of Soteldo, bring in Salcedo and if it works great and if not he'd have plenty of suitors back in LigaMX?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really have no right to complain too much.
    That piece of business... Soteldo for Salcedo... was gangster for me.
    Yes, I know, I know, BSBill likely found and signed Yefe in the first place though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to sound too naive, but it could still be exactly as advertised. He has a sick family member, he wants to be as close to home as possible, so the team shops him to MLS teams in the south, Liga mX teams.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Not to sound too naive, but it could still be exactly as advertised. He has a sick family member, he wants to be as close to home as possible, so the team shops him to MLS teams in the south, Liga mX teams.
    This is my take.

The guy did not mail it in on Saturday....yes there were issues in the back but Salcedo was engaged throughout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree have been really impressed with Salcedo the person. Saw he did a raffle with Poz for staff as well.

As a DP, this was never going to work. They have to bring another defender in this window though. It can be a left back or a centreback but we need a starter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it's possible. Could also be trying to open the DP spot for someone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Agree have been really impressed with Salcedo the person. Saw he did a raffle with Poz for staff as well.

As a DP, this was never going to work. They have to bring another defender in this window though. It can be a left back or a centreback but we need a starter.
    Well, Alessio Romagnioli is out of contract from AC Milan but apparently wants more than the E2.8M he was offered to be a backup. He lost his spot to part-Canucklehead Fikayo Timori in 2020.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never was going to justify the DP label but I see that as us doing some salary engineering to hide the awful Solteldo deal.

He did struggle to start the year but I feel he’s been decent in recent games. The inexperience at fullback and the lack of another quality 2-way mid to play next to Osorio and Bradley is really killing us defensively. The CB’s are being dragged all over the place trying to put out fires.

Dare I say it, BB’s over-zealous to adherence to a limited set of tactics not helping.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well his stats are off the TFC page so I guess it's done.

Also not ruling out some funny stuff to help each other out; Soteldo getting jettisoned twice and Salcedo's new heightened price tag. If he returns to Tigres as rumored then it looks a bit sketchy.

Could be family though but also could not be family just like Ronaldo who is away from Man U for family reasons as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Well his stats are off the TFC page so I guess it's done.

Also not ruling out some funny stuff to help each other out; Soteldo getting jettisoned twice and Salcedo's new heightened price tag. If he returns to Tigres as rumored then it looks a bit sketchy.

Could be family though but also could not be family just like Ronaldo who is away from Man U for family reasons as well.
    Stats are there when I look:

https://www.torontofc.ca/players/carlos-salcedo/stats/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

Agreed. What scares me, assuming the Salcedo situation is as out of left field as it seems, is that our braintrust do not have a great track record of being prepared for kinks in the road. Ideally this new found hole in the roster is addressed this window, but you know 2 weeks and all...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably for the best for both club and player to find him a move. It will definitely downgrade the backline even more though. And no, the guy who couldn't make Real Salt Lake and was waived after 5 games for LAFC probably isn't the answer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    They vanished and Buffery reported it on Twitter and they returned. Probably jumped the gun.

steve buffery@Beezersun·12mWeird. But Salcedo's stats have been taken down on the #TFCLive website, though that could be temporary or a malfunction. (The other players' stats are accessible.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 07-04-2022 at 02:07 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both LAFC and LA Galaxy actually have DP spots still open. He would thrive in that market and be in the West so he doesn't haunt us. Just need some MLS LA Rules Magic to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Criscito played both LCB and LB last season so not sure history will tell us much. If Salcedo is gone then BB may get desperate and play Criscito together with Mavinga, which wouldn't be ideal at all. I'm leaning toward Criscito playing LB for the 8-10 games Mavinga is available and CB for the rest. He'll be leaned on too heavily regardless.

Well, Alessio Romagnioli is out of contract from AC Milan but apparently wants more than the E2.8M he was offered to be a backup. He lost his spot to part-Canucklehead Fikayo Timori in 2020.
    Not saying Romagnoli or any other of the "top" free-agent defenders would even come to MLS, but if TFC went that route, they could get more for less. Romagnoli is basically a less rash Salcedo. Also left-footed, and they have enough of those.