Page 57 of 193 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    serie a is at it's lowest financial ebb maybe ever in comparison to world football and the national team just failed to qualify for the WC.

recruiting from serie a right now is incredibly smart business.

Not disputing it isn't , doesn't mean neglect other opportunities - new England seemed to pick a really solid player yesterday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Lol
    Didn't Manning say he had players all ready 2 go months ago lol.

LOL. So far he relied on Seba's agent

And LI's best friend lol

Have yall seen the new merchandise its Italian like tfc is Italian colors and now a new blue jersey lol.

There are other pockets of different cultures beside Italians stop being so lazy bill Manning for real
    its rolodex BILL,the wannabe TL,the only reason he is still here is because of the deep pockets of MLSE.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not disputing it isn't , doesn't mean neglect other opportunities - new England seemed to pick a really solid player yesterday
    Yes and he's also from Serie A.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    its rolodex BILL,the wannabe TL,the only reason he is still here is because of the deep pockets of MLSE.
    The job New England is doing of identifying talent that is both dominant and has future value (Buchanan, Buksa, Bou, Brandon Bye -- they have some serious luck with the letter 'b ) makes Manning's admission of just picking the best Italian he could find who was on a free sort of embarassing.

I mean, I still can't believe he admitted that in public. It takes a certain degree of charmed life and disconnection from the reality of performance beyond schmoozing to admit your recruitment strategy is just to wave the biggest handful of cash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

serie a is at it's lowest financial ebb maybe ever in comparison to world football and the national team just failed to qualify for the WC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The job New England is doing of identifying talent that is both dominant and has future value (Buchanan, Buksa, Bou, Brandon Bye -- they have some serious luck with the letter 'b ) makes Manning's admission of just picking the best Italian he could find who was on a free sort of embarassing.

I mean, I still can't believe he admitted that in public. It takes a certain degree of charmed life and disconnection from the reality of performance beyond schmoozing to admit your recruitment strategy is just to wave the biggest handful of cash.

+100

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

totally agree. (Although that has been MLSE’s strategy for a loooong time, maybe since the end of the Ballard era. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You for real ? The website has no Spanish color themed product. I don't recall a poz scarf .

Regarding the GM thing, the last 3 years are on him, we have seen first hand how deals almost didn't happen.

If for example laryea comes back that would be great on the field but from a management standpoint wouldn't make sense.
    You are correct.
    But to be fair, not that comparable.
    Ontario demographics for foundational 'Spanish' heritage population, and not NA/CA/SA Latin or LatinXs, is in the few thousands.
    Whereas Italians are around a million+ depending on sources.
    More a question of player brand equity and capitalizing on a marketing potential; how a player transcends across football cultural markets.
    While I love Poz and JJ, they do not have- cross a threshold, never had, that kind of intrinsic necessity level of marketing quality or value.
    I suspect Poz or JJ did not by their signing alone increase SSH's in any notable degree.
    I suspect Giovinco did.
    I suspect MBradley and Altidore may have also to a limited extent.
    But those numbers may have been masked by the Bloody Big Deal/Defoe campaign; Edit which did.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-02-2022 at 01:44 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Criscito in training yesterday...

Lorenzo still returning from that calf injury - worked out inside as against with the team - they are being cautious.

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/train...ey-july-1-2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

totally agree. (Although that has been MLSE’s strategy for a loooong time, maybe since the end of the Ballard era. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will stick to my prediction that if there is even the smallest whiff of failure on the horizon Manning carpet bags it into the next town before the story is done writing itself.

It’s how he continues to find gigs despite a pretty mediocre track record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

38-year-old Ricardo Quaresma is available on a free if Manning wants to appease another ethnic community. (I joke but he'd surely be an upgrade on the right wing.) Joao Moutinho (the real one, not the Orlando one) is out of contract too if these guys only come in pairs now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any rumours?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any rumours?
    It’s Sunday, day off even for most journalists. so , unlikely until late tonight.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s Sunday, day off even for most journalists. so , unlikely until late tonight.
    makes sense.

i feel like this is going to be a very eventful week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

makes sense.

i feel like this is going to be a very eventful week.
    I hope so. I'm a little worried if they expect 2-4 more signings that none are so set in stone yet that they could be announced. Maybe he's trying to get max PR benefit for next week but it feels a little more like they have people weighing offers but uncommitted.

That's a little worrisome, as our window is opening a few days after most others. Then again, these will be contracts where the money is more of an issue as they're not blowing the doors out and offering them $15M a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am just perplexed how Manning does not get canned? He made this mess (Curtis, Armas, etc) and it continues. Just because of MLSE deep pockets, he gets to stay? Anyone could manage better than him.

Has anyone done less with more than Manning?

I get MLSE and for the Leafs winning isn't critical, the seats are filled no matter what, but here, the seats aren't filled.

PS the "Italian" strategy for demographics I guess works here and Gio was excellent and Insigne hopefully will be, but how about if we want techinical footie, we bring in some Croatians for once? Since the glorious Metros Croatia NASL winners of 76, and one on the Blizzard back in the very early days, Toronto hasn't had one....imagine we had like a Mario Manduzkic here before he hung them up, he be banging in goals left right and centre....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I will stick to my prediction that if there is even the smallest whiff of failure on the horizon Manning carpet bags it into the next town before the story is done writing itself.

It’s how he continues to find gigs despite a pretty mediocre track record.
    I am amazed how he creates the mess but isn't accountable for anything. He talks a smooth game though, says all the right things, shifts blame...he'd be the perfect snake oil salesman heading out west 100 years ago...takes your money and is gone in a flash....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    I am amazed how he creates the mess but isn't accountable for anything. He talks a smooth game though, says all the right things, shifts blame...he'd be the perfect snake oil salesman heading out west 100 years ago...takes your money and is gone in a flash....
    make no mistake, if this team isn't challenging for titles by next season on all fronts, manning will be gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

make no mistake, if this team isn't challenging for titles by next season on all fronts, manning will be gone.
    Hope so but by then how much damage would be done?

And we'd be back to square one with someone new putting their stamp on things.

Manning should be gone now. And we move forward with someone competent. The Curtis/Armas fiasco alone was a fireable offense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Belotli - Monaco
    Bernardeschi - Roma
    Layrea - Championship, Belgium, Netherlands
    Holiett - ?
    Trades ?

Sounds like all the TFC rumored players are signing with other clubs then who are the so called signs that Manning has brought up in interviews.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    Belotli - Monaco
    Bernardeschi - Roma
    Holiett - ?
    Trades ?

Sounds like all the TFC rumored players are signing with other clubs then who are the so called signs that Manning has brought up in interviews.
    dont worry according to bill it going to be a busy week and it will change the face of this team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    dont worry according to bill it going to be a busy week and it will change the face of this team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/GalindoPW

Just finished the #VWFC game. One nugget from the TSN broadcast: Doneil Henry is set to leave #LAFC. Could a homecoming be on the cards?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Belotli - Monaco
    Bernardeschi - Roma
    Holiett - ?
    Trades ?

Hoilett seems a sure bet. That will get the casuals really excited since it is a CMNT player who is a local boy. Which is all well and good, but there are much more pressing issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/GalindoPW

Just finished the #VWFC game. One nugget from the TSN broadcast: Doneil Henry is set to leave #LAFC. Could a homecoming be on the cards?
    Makes little sense unless Salcedo is actually leaving. Henry would be like our 4th or 5th defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I would still avoid signing him the amount of red cards and PKs he gives up is enough to stay away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I find it strange they need to tweet "Part of our history", bruh, he played 5 games for you.

I would take a shot, considering what we currently have it wouldn't hurt to have another CB to call upon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I find it strange they need to tweet "Part of our history", bruh, he played 5 games for you.

I would take a shot, considering what we currently have it wouldn't hurt to have another CB to call upon.
    Id agree with that. Criscito apparently speaks good English so maybe he can lead the line a little. we could run a back 3 with him, Salcedo and Mavinga, with O’neill mcnaughton henry as the back ups.

the 343 forest used last year would be interesting, with insigne—jimenez—poz as the three forwards. it would deal with our transition issues somewhat if we had to play through the midfielders instead of trying to bypass them constantly.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Westburg xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxx Salcedo xx Mavinga xx Criscito xxxxxxxxxxx
    Thompson xx Bradley. xx Osorio xx Petrasso
    xxxxxx Pozuelo xx Jimenez xx Insigne

Oso and Bradley have to play the double pivot, while Petrasso and Thompson have to take a similar approach by tilting the field to the strong side.

For this to be effective we’d need two starting wingback as Luca and Kosi aren’t ready yet.