Page 44 of 193 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    https://twitter.com/reportingmls/sta...15811705409536

auro to retrun to MLS this summer but not tfc?

could trade him for $$ or a higher allocation order spot (or a player)
    Hmm this part is interesting:

However, Auro no longer wants to play for #TFCLive and I think that feeling is mutual.

Wonder what the story is there?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    https://twitter.com/reportingmls/sta...15811705409536

auro to retrun to MLS this summer but not tfc?

could trade him for $$ or a higher allocation order spot (or a player)
    I think the best we would get is $50K in GAM but that's fine.

Probably end up in LA so Vanney can keep reassembling TFC 2017-2019.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post

However, Auro no longer wants to play for #TFCLive and I think that feeling is mutual.

He probably didn't like getting turfed and being loosely mentioned when Bradley talked about the axed players not buying in or showing commitment to the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This feels so unnecessary. What has this guy done wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I highly doubt it's nothing. Starting fullbacks don't get loaned to teams in Brazil because they lack a good sense of humor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He probably didn't like getting turfed and being loosely mentioned when Bradley talked about the axed players not buying in or showing commitment to the team.
    Seems like something happened to get him turfed though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like something happened to get him turfed though.
    I recall when the rumours of his going to Santos first emerged, he put up a number of posts on his Insta making it clear that it was not his idea nor request to go back to Brazil, and that he was quite upset at the prospect of leaving Toronto. Then, a couple of days later, these posts were deleted. A few days after that he was gone.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    I recall when the rumours of his going to Santos first emerged, he put up a number of posts on his Insta making it clear that it was not his idea nor request to go back to Brazil, and that he was quite upset at the prospect of leaving Toronto. Then, a couple of days later, these posts were deleted. A few days after that he was gone.
    Auro Jr went 2 1/2 years without any problems under Vanney then preseason begins mid January 2022 and he’s gone within 3 weeks under Bob Bradley , I would say that Mike Bradley is helping his dad with some decisions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I highly doubt it's nothing. Starting fullbacks don't get loaned to teams in Brazil because they lack a good sense of humor.
    Agreed. But have to wonder what’s going on with some of these departures.

The Singh-led PR around Lawrence’s move felt downright nasty from the club (another reason he’s a poor journo). Left a sour taste in my mouth for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Auro Jr went 2 1/2 years without any problems under Vanney then preseason begins mid January 2022 and he’s gone within 3 weeks under Bob Bradley , I would say that Mike Bradley is helping his dad with some decisions
    Dude was talking about citizenship and gets turfed. Wtf happened there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Dare I say it, maybe our coach does?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Dude was talking about citizenship and gets turfed. Wtf happened there.
    Coach probably didn't rate him and it ended up being a bad move. Auro is upset rightly so.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there were strong rumours of a group that didn't act professionally in orlando (missing training, etc).

can only assume he was part of that group.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look at it differently, we had a guaranteed payout with JMR, only way to showcase him is to play him. Unfortunately it was Auro’s position, even worse JMR got injured and Auro was loaned out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I look at it differently, we had a guaranteed payout with JMR, only way to showcase him is to play him. Unfortunately it was Auro’s position, even worse JMR got injured and Auro was loaned out.
    But Auro played the opposite wing when Richie was here. RJM would have stepped right in for Richie. Whatever the problem it was so bad in the eyes of BB that he would rather play the first half of the season with a rookie there and suffer the consequences. I would say it's probably what was mentioned above with being unprofessional and he was part of the Soteldo crew.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Probably something to do with Soteldo.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But Auro played the opposite wing when Richie was here. RJM would have stepped right in for Richie. Whatever the problem it was so bad in the eyes of BB that he would rather play the first half of the season with a rookie there and suffer the consequences. I would say it's probably what was mentioned above with being unprofessional and he was part of the Soteldo crew.

That's fair, except RJM and Richie were natural right side of the pitch players, regardless of the reason, the potential exposure has proven risky.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    That's fair, except RJM and Richie were natural right side of the pitch players, regardless of the reason, the potential exposure has proven risky.
    But if there are bad apples and you know you're going to aggressively bleed in youth then that would be an even bigger risk for the club as well as the kids.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Probably something to do with Soteldo.
    From the start of training camp to the time of Auro jr exit only 3 weeks had passed, how many meetings or training sessions could Auro have possibly missed, Most clubs will just fine the player not send them away, was there any Auro disciplinary problems in the 3 plus years before Bradley arrived? No this is Michael Bradley’s doing I suspect Auro snd Kemar Lawrence got tired of Captain Bradley’s criticisms and started giving it back to Michael who’s ego didn’t like to be told that he’s playing garbage which he was most of last year, personality conflicts with Kemar and Auro is why the two are gone,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But if there are bad apples and you know you're going to aggressively bleed in youth then that would be an even bigger risk for the club as well as the kids.
    Definitely worth turfing a starting fullback when you know you’re going to aggressively bleed goals

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    From the start of training camp to the time of Auro jr exit only 3 weeks had passed, how many meetings or training sessions could Auro have possibly missed, Most clubs will just fine the player not send them away, was there any Auro disciplinary problems in the 3 plus years before Bradley arrived? No this is Michael Bradley’s doing I suspect Auro snd Kemar Lawrence got tired of Captain Bradley’s criticisms and started giving it back to Michael who’s ego didn’t like to be told that he’s playing garbage which he was most of last year, personality conflicts with Kemar and Auro is why the two are gone,
    This was based on when they were playing in Orlando last season, not this season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely worth turfing a starting fullback when you know you’re going to aggressively bleed goals
    Maybe you missed it but we are only 4 months into a nearly full rebuild and doing things half-assed or dragged out for the hope of results is what wasted 2020 & 2021.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you missed it but we are only 4 months into a nearly full rebuild and doing things half-assed or dragged out for the hope of results is what wasted 2020 & 2021.
    I generally agree but as a sober second thought, are complete tear-downs the worst way to rebuild?

I think of Aaron Winter. He cut the roster too deep, relied on too many new pieces and ultimately paid for it.

Greg Vanney and Bez did a good job of repurposing various parts and staying competitive while gradually refreshing the team and creating a turn around.

But then again, maybe this group just got too old and was around too long. There was perhaps no way out of making big changes. Curtis’s dithering left everyone behind the 8-ball.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I generally agree but as a sober second thought, are complete tear-downs the worst way to rebuild?
    Maybe but I think it's dependent on the situation. For us, we aged out and there was too much of a 2017 hangover plus some bad signings from Bez, Vanney, & Curtis that needed to be dealt with. After hearing what Tigres had to say this week, maybe Soteldo was more of a poison apple towards others than I thought. He might have played a big part in us doing this clean out. That was a huge Curtis blunder and part of the reason we are where are now. The fallout from that is probably why Auro is gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone who wants to go greet Insigne, more info has arrived.

Last edited by MikeForbes; 06-22-2022 at 12:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry wasn’t being passive towards you more the club approach.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry wasn’t being passive towards you more the club approach.
    Yeah no worries but a lot of people on here keep on about the same things that we should all know by now and it's past redundant.

- Bob did a purge and it left us short
    - This season wasn't about winning but rebuilding the team and the culture
    - We got to trial by fire a ton of our youth and it will help some of them along
    - Nobody can say we didn't give our young guys a shot this time
    - The main window that we were always told that the action would happen hasn't even opened yet
    - We're not as far out of the playoffs as at least most of us expected at this point
    - There will apparently be a lot of additions next month and maybe a subtraction
    - Season, approach, management, deals, tactics should be judged on what happens from Aug to Oct

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe but I think it's dependent on the situation. For us, we aged out and there was too much of a 2017 hangover plus some bad signings from Bez, Vanney, & Curtis that needed to be dealt with. After hearing what Tigres had to say this week, maybe Soteldo was more of a poison apple towards others than I thought. He might have played a big part in us doing this clean out. That was a huge Curtis blunder and part of the reason we are where are now. The fallout from that is probably why Auro is gone.
    Makes sense. Sounds like something was seriously wrong last year. Not surprising given the results on the field but nonetheless.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes sense. Sounds like something was seriously wrong last year. Not surprising given the results on the field but nonetheless.
    For sure. Obviously Soteldo is an idiot. He has proven that already but I am sure tossing him into the Curtis/Armas fiasco and being in Florida for half the season didn't help. That homeless weirdness probably worked against some of the other guys Bob got rid of too. That whole atmosphere plus Covid must have been hard to work through while staying as professional as required at all times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For sure. Obviously Soteldo is an idiot. He has proven that already but I am sure tossing him into the Curtis/Armas fiasco and being in Florida for half the season didn't help. That homeless weirdness probably worked against some of the other guys Bob got rid of too. That whole atmosphere plus Covid must have been hard to work through while staying as professional as required at all times.
    Agreed. That’s why I don’t want to be too quick to judge some of the guys who left. If you’re Delgado and you’ve already done it all with this team, how motivated do you get to try it all again with a new group while playing on the road for the whole year? Easy to fall off the rails as a young player too. Especially one that’s not from North America and is probably less comfortable on the road.

Anyway, what’s done is done at this point