Page 41 of 187 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 5590
  1. #1201
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Speaking of which, any rumors on seba coming back….#stirringthepot

  2. #1202
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    You are misunderstanding the argument here. is he talented sure….
    So lets ask this differently … because he is a free transfer, would you sign Bernadeschi to Max Tam money?

  3. #1203
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    You are misunderstanding the argument here. is he talented sureÖ but a difference maker absolutely not especially based on the salary cap implications in the mls. In my opinion is he the equivalent of an mls lifer like DeLeon whi can cover multiple position and is a depth piece thatís all. Again Iím saying DeLeon is not as talented just what the MLS comparison is to Bernadeschiís roll on Juve is

    There is no comparison between Seba and bernadeschi.. completely different players positionally and skill wiseÖ Seba never got a real shot in Europe cause heís 5 foot nothing. He was 6 inches taller he would have never left Italy as he is sublimely talented just not big enough physically.
    I do not share the same opinion as you , Seba had a fair chance at Juventus just was not good enough , many many small players make in Europe, like Insigne. You donít want Bernadeschi as a DP for our Club? whereís the outrage against Carlos Salcedo?? This guys a friggin joke as one of our DPs

  4. #1204
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    So lets ask this differently … because he is a free transfer, would you sign Bernadeschi to Max Tam money?
    No because our needs are scoring/assists/defence/midfield presence/goal keeping - all of which for that TAM price we can get that Bernadeschi does not provide and at best only MIGHT provide.

    TAM signings should either be "for sure has this capability & has shown it" or young prospects.

  5. #1205
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    13,653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Hoilet is slower these days but heís added much to his game. Very crafty player and I can see him playing inside at timesÖ given that BB doesnít seem to favour a traditional #10 Jr could contribute well for us. Also, didnít he mention that it would be a dream for him to play at home? I donít think Iíd turn him down, not round about now.
    Yeah agreed. He can realistically play 2-3 different types or roles through midfield and up top. For a team that seems to lack a bit of veteran glue, this would be a welcome addition.

  6. #1206
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    You are misunderstanding the argument here. is he talented sureÖ but a difference maker absolutely not especially based on the salary cap implications in the mls. In my opinion is he the equivalent of an mls lifer like DeLeon whi can cover multiple position and is a depth piece thatís all. Again Iím saying DeLeon is not as talented just what the MLS comparison is to Bernadeschiís roll on Juve is

    There is no comparison between Seba and bernadeschi.. completely different players positionally and skill wiseÖ Seba never got a real shot in Europe cause heís 5 foot nothing. He was 6 inches taller he would have never left Italy as he is sublimely talented just not big enough physically.
    So Bernardeschi got 5 years at Juventus because he is tall but not that skillful is what you are saying and Seba did nothing at Juventus because he is very skillful but short ? Ok letís move on from this

  7. #1207
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    3,971
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Speaking of which, any rumors on seba coming back….#stirringthepot
    Please, no. Where would he play in a team with Pozuelo and Insigne?

  8. #1208
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Please, no. Where would he play in a team with Pozuelo and Insigne?
    In 10 years, they can all play in the former TFC stars charity game for the Seba team vs the DeRo team.

  9. #1209
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    In 10 years, they can all play in the former TFC stars charity game for the Seba team vs the DeRo team.
    LOLÖ.The Osorio tribute game

    we need some news!!!

  10. #1210
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    3,971
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    In 10 years, they can all play in the former TFC stars charity game for the Seba team vs the DeRo team.
    I'll take the team with 40 year old Mullinho coming off the bench to lock the game down.

  11. #1211
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    I do not share the same opinion as you , Seba had a fair chance at Juventus just was not good enough , many many small players make in Europe, like Insigne. You donít want Bernadeschi as a DP for our Club? whereís the outrage against Carlos Salcedo?? This guys a friggin joke as one of our DPs
    This is an interesting point.

  12. #1212
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    447
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Seba is 7 years older then Insinge. Historically they don’t play smaller players see Zola as prime example of under appreciated small players. Seba had 1 season where he had more than 20 appearances and that juve squad was terrible…. Then the new coach (Conte) stop playing him and then tfc drop at the time stupid money to bring him here and the rest is history. The mentality in Italy is changing and the acceptance of smaller players with skill has changed a lot after Seba left. Insinge is a prime example and look at Rasapodri is another younger example

    Seba had a chip on his shoulder and a desire to prove them all wrong, hence the success he had here. In the 5 years Bernadeschi was at Juventus I have seen nothing of the determination or desire to be anything but a depth piece. Seba always played with the skill and directness, and he’s 5ft 2 on a good day and couldn’t hack it physically.

    Again not taking anything away from a guy who has been part of multiple championships, I just don’t think he’s the right dp when you only get 3.. if you had let’s say 6 spots then sure why not. I feel there are significantly more options that would be more effective or impactful then him. That is all.
    Last edited by TheGoodson; 06-17-2022 at 04:33 PM.

  13. #1213
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Seba is 7 years older then Insinge. Historically they donít play smaller players see Zola as prime example of under appreciated small players. Seba had 1 season where he had more than 20 appearances and that juve squad was terribleÖ. Then the new coach (Conte) stop playing him and then tfc drop at the time stupid money to bring him here and the rest is history. The mentality in Italy is changing and the acceptance of smaller players with skill has changed a lot after Seba left. Insinge is a prime example and look at Rasapodri is another younger example

    Seba had a chip on his shoulder and a desire to prove them all wrong, hence the success he had here. In the 5 years Bernadeschi was at Juventus I have seen nothing of the determination or desire to be anything but a depth piece. Seba always played with the skill and directness, and heís 5ft 2 on a good day and couldnít hack it physically.

    Again not taking anything away from a guy who has been part of multiple championships, I just donít think heís the right dp when you only get 3.. if you had letís say 6 spots then sure why not. I feel there are significantly more options that would be more effective or impactful then him. That is all.
    Yes youíre absolutely right you only get 3 DPs , so you must be pulling your hair out at the thought of Salcedo taking one of those spots?

  14. #1214
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Yes you’re absolutely right you only get 3 DPs , so you must be pulling your hair out at the thought of Salcedo taking one of those spots?
    Yeh, Salcedo as a DP doesn't make sense except as getting rid of Soteldo.... in a perfect world, he's TAM only. Hoping this can be worked around to get us another DP because otherwise, its a freaking boat anchor.

    BTW, its possible in here to disagree on some things & agree on others.

  15. #1215
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    447
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I will judge salcedo at the end of the year.. this team is a work in progress and I just want to see improvement over the season. I have a very different view of this team then a lot of people in these boards. Depending on if it TFC is able to be buy down his cap hit which was reported that will be a huge factor as well.

    Even if there was an open dp spot I would never sign bernadeschi period…

  16. #1216
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like Salcedo, ideally with a buy down but it was clear Soteldo didn’t want to be here. Salcedo needs a partner.

    i would do Bernadeschi as a TAM or Hoilett would be kewl. And let’s not forget about the option of bringing Auro back.

    All of a sudden the right side is solid and these make us better, unfortunately… based on what we know the next big DP opening will be Poz’s.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 06-17-2022 at 07:03 PM.

  17. #1217
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,237
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Seems to me that there was another guy who couldnít cut it at Juventus that ended up on our team , think his name was Sebastian, he was 28 at the time same age as Bernardeschi now. Sebastian scored one goal in 23 caps,Bernardeschi has 6 goals in 39 caps. if Junior Hoilett was not Canadian his name would never make this site, Heíll yes give me Bernadeschi. Partnered with Insigne they make an absolute joke of this league,
    At least that Seba guy went and scored 20 in Serie A on loan before we signed him. Proved he could finish in the right set up. Can't say that about Bernardeschi.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 06-18-2022 at 02:29 AM.

  18. #1218
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    3,971
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For those who want to greet this unknown Insigne guy.


  19. #1219
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    For those who want to greet this unknown Insigne guy.


    Tweet leads to this TFC site - the clock countdown is for the stroke of midnight that turns into the 24th of June

    https://www.torontofc.ca/ilmagnifico

  20. #1220
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    At least that Seba guy went and scored 20 in Serie A on loan before we signed him. Proved he could finish in the right set up. Can't say that about Bernardeschi.
    Itís kind of tough when youíre in competition with Cristiano Ronaldo for scoring chances at Juventus the way Bernardeschi was, I will let you all believe he wouldnít do a fantastic job at TFC, seeing what this club has done in the past couple of years regarding DP signings(Insigne excluded) Berna would be a definite superstar in this league, time for everyone here to come to the realization that 28 year old former Juventus players and Italian internationals would simply have their way in this league that most of you exaggerate the quality of.

  21. #1221
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,237
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Itís kind of tough when youíre in competition with Cristiano Ronaldo for scoring chances at Juventus the way Bernardeschi was, I will let you all believe he wouldnít do a fantastic job at TFC, seeing what this club has done in the past couple of years regarding DP signings(Insigne excluded) Berna would be a definite superstar in this league, time for everyone here to come to the realization that 28 year old former Juventus players and Italian internationals would simply have their way in this league that most of you exaggerate the quality of.
    I've never exaggerated the quality of MLS but I will highlight it's difficulty.

  22. #1222
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,347
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Seba is 7 years older then Insinge. Historically they donít play smaller players see Zola as prime example of under appreciated small players. Seba had 1 season where he had more than 20 appearances and that juve squad was terribleÖ. Then the new coach (Conte) stop playing him and then tfc drop at the time stupid money to bring him here and the rest is history. The mentality in Italy is changing and the acceptance of smaller players with skill has changed a lot after Seba left. Insinge is a prime example and look at Rasapodri is another younger example

    Seba had a chip on his shoulder and a desire to prove them all wrong, hence the success he had here. In the 5 years Bernadeschi was at Juventus I have seen nothing of the determination or desire to be anything but a depth piece. Seba always played with the skill and directness, and heís 5ft 2 on a good day and couldnít hack it physically.

    Again not taking anything away from a guy who has been part of multiple championships, I just donít think heís the right dp when you only get 3.. if you had letís say 6 spots then sure why not. I feel there are significantly more options that would be more effective or impactful then him. That is all.
    Seba had nearly twice as many goals at Juventus as Bernardeschi, in 35 fewer games. He also went on loan to Parma and scored 15 in a single season. Bernardeschi's output hasn't been a sniff on his.

    I just read a piece about how he spent most of last season playing fullback because they like him defensively but he produces nothing as a midfielder.

  23. #1223
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I just read a piece about how he spent most of last season playing fullback because they like him defensively but he produces nothing as a midfielder.
    TAM wingback in a 3-4-3 might be pretty good. Wouldn’t need Auro back (saves the money). And you could play Hoilett up front. There pissing match solved.

    Would need to spend the money on a strong midfielder.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 06-18-2022 at 11:22 AM.

  24. #1224
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Seba had nearly twice as many goals at Juventus as Bernardeschi, in 35 fewer games. He also went on loan to Parma and scored 15 in a single season. Bernardeschi's output hasn't been a sniff on his.

    I just read a piece about how he spent most of last season playing fullback because they like him defensively but he produces nothing as a midfielder.
    Bernardeschi appeared in 28 of Juventus 38 league games this year , Seba barely got on the field when he played his last few seasons at Juventus, I guess a player who can get 28 appearances for a top 15 club in world soccer is not what TFC is looking for? Maybe another Soltedo type would make us all happy , stlll remember how this site got all excited when we signed that Venezuelan clown

  25. #1225
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Bernardeschi appeared in 28 of Juventus 38 league games this year , Seba barely got on the field when he played his last few seasons at Juventus, I guess a player who can get 28 appearances for a top 15 club in world soccer is not what TFC is looking for? Maybe another Soltedo type would make us all happy , stlll remember how this site got all excited when we signed that Venezuelan clown
    To be fair this site is so weird as to what signings people get excited for and donít (including me).

    Salary cap complicates things which is why you can make a Hoilett > Berna argument.

  26. #1226
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    To be fair this site is so weird as to what signings people get excited for and donít (including me).

    Salary cap complicates things which is why you can make a Hoilett > Berna argument.
    There was never any mention of Tam vs DP when Mr Loome said ďIíd love to hear the supporting argument for how a player with eight career goals in Serie A tops a Canadian with 57Ē When I see comments like this I need to respond, if you donít know Bernardeschi like Mr loome claims then itís best to stay out of the discussion. When you compare a player that had 28 appearances this season at Juventus and represented Italy on itís Euro winning side over a 32 year old that scored 3 goals in the English 2nd division then it becomes embarrassing and I must address.

  27. #1227
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    There was never any mention of Tam vs DP when Mr Loome said ďIíd love to hear the supporting argument for how a player with eight career goals in Serie A tops a Canadian with 57Ē When I see comments like this I need to respond, if you donít know Bernardeschi like Mr loome claims then itís best to stay out of the discussion. When you compare a player that had 28 appearances this season at Juventus and represented Italy on itís Euro winning side over a 32 year old that scored 3 goals in the English 2nd division then it becomes embarrassing and I must address.
    To be one of the 25 players selected on the European champions like Bernardeschi was had to tell you that you have quality as a footballer regardless of what some of the fellows on this site want to sell you.

  28. #1228
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,347
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    To be fair this site is so weird as to what signings people get excited for and don’t (including me).

    Salary cap complicates things which is why you can make a Hoilett > Berna argument.
    That and the fact that one is a competent offensive player and the other isn't.

    Hoilett had more goals in four seasons of the premiership than Bernardeschi has produced in his entire career.

    The argument that he played in 28 games (he started 16) for Juventus is somewhat mooted by the fact that his team doesn't want him back, converted him to a fullback and the notion of him being signed as a DP winger gets laughed at by every other serie a fan who has read this story.

    His average rating last season across ratings sites was 6.57, which is pretty poor.

    Again, eight goals in 134 games.

    I've said all I'm going to say on this. People can look at his statistics and judge for themselves.

    Either way, it's not really an issue, since he's asking too much to come here. Good, saves us from making a stupid mistake.

  29. #1229
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    That and the fact that one is a competent offensive player and the other isn't.

    Hoilett had more goals in four seasons of the premiership than Bernardeschi has produced in his entire career.

    The argument that he played in 28 games (he started 16) for Juventus is somewhat mooted by the fact that his team doesn't want him back, converted him to a fullback and the notion of him being signed as a DP winger gets laughed at by every other serie a fan who has read this story.

    His average rating last season across ratings sites was 6.57, which is pretty poor.

    Again, eight goals in 134 games.

    I've said all I'm going to say on this. People can look at his statistics and judge for themselves.

    Either way, it's not really an issue, since he's asking too much to come here. Good, saves us from making a stupid mistake.
    We are talking about who is better player right now right now I will repeat right now, Hoilett plays in the 2nd division is 32 years old will probably retire after the World Cup. Bernardeschi was 1 of 25 that Mancini chose to win the European championship, people that know soccer will have absolutely no problem telling you who the better footballer is RIGHT NoW.

  30. #1230
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    3,971
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There are no links to Hoilett or FB (outside of someone saying that might of seen him eating food with a bald man). Let's leave this discussion and not get upset over two guys who probably aren't coming.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •