Page 40 of 193 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 5785
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    You are only talking about Bernadeschi being some legend cause he was on Italy’s euro winning squad. Outside of a penalty kick he did absolutely squat which is the same as what he did at Juventus. He runs a lot makes a nice pass once in a blue moon. I get JLoome’s point. As Junior has at least produced where’s as the glorious bernadeschi did and does fuck all. I’m a die hard Juventus fan and I happy to see him leave, he was useless. Would he tear the league up maybe, but I see him being as effective as your average TAM signing.

Also, I have had issues with your comments previously and reacted poorly, so for that I apologize. But honestly dude JLoome and Ensco are two of the most concise and well thought members when they post. To dismiss him as you did kind proves a lot and it also shows that you can’t defend your argument so you attack the person.
    Thought you guys all had more soccer IQ but when you would rather have a 32 year old that played at Reading over a Italian international, really guys WTF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Singh article is why I don't view Singh "sources" as a Tier 1 to use the reddit term. I know there's a few people who like to believe he's a "Tier 1",but stuff like this just proves it. Like others mentioned earlier, the "Insigne confirmation" that he has pinned to his Twitter to me was a I'm going to claim it and hope I'm right. The fact that even days after that Fabrizio Romano (arguably the #1 news breaker in the football world) kept saying its "close but not done yet" was proof. There is a 0% chance that Singh got the scoop on a world class Italian international player a full week or so before Fabrizio. This article on Poz is a I'm going to write it and in six months if he actually leaves, he'll claim he had the scoop.

It's obvious why TFC doesn't want to comment on his contract. First, you don't negotiate in public. That only gives Pozuelo more leverage if you say you want to keep him. Second, and this is the big reason: they hitched themselves to Insigne. Before you re-up Poz to a long term deal, you need to see how they play together. What if they sign Poz to an extension and then we find out they struggle to have chemistry and then we are hamstrung in salary commitments. Or you wait and see if it works and then decide.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    I’m fairly new to this site so I’m gonna guess that you jloome are the site troll. Hoilett over Bernardeschi, you’re kidding right? Berna just finished a season with Juventus a Champions League participant, Hoilett played in Englands second division, Berna last year lifted the Euro trophy with Italy, Hoilett ???. Transfer market values Berna at 10 million. Hoilett 800,000. jloome the only sense you make is that you don’t know Berna as a player,
    Telling you have credentials because you were columnist at the Toronto Sun means nothing all it tells me is that you probably graduated at York University on a journalism degree, now if you said you write at World Soccer Magazine the ok. Did you not read where I mentioned that he lifted the Euro Trophy last year, stick to Canadian and English Football my friend because you know zero about soccer outside those two countries
    Thought you guys all had more soccer IQ but when you would rather have a 32 year old that played at Reading over a Italian international, really guys WTF
    You're not THAT new to this site, by now you should know that personal attacks are not allowed. All three of the posts above include personal attacks.

Please stop this, and please avoid making unnecessary work for Oldtimer and other moderators. Nobody is getting paid to run this forum. Please just chill a bit. Everybody has more important issues to deal with these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is a better player overall between Bernadeschi and Hoilett on a world-class level? Probably Bernadeschi.

Who will be better in MLS is a different story though. I can definitely see Hoilett being the better MLS player.

Playing in MLS means you have to deal with a type of football that is not at the level of Europe. We see it often where the players who light up MLS struggle elsewhere in the world and successful players in Europe struggle here. Bradley Wright Phillips lit up the MLS, Pirlo was always a wizard with the ball in Europe despite his age, then came to MLS and showed his age. Hoillet playing many games in CONCACAF, with many MLS teammates is probably better prepared to play in MLS with lesser quality teammates and a more physical and less technically skilled opponents and teammates than Bernadeschi. Is Bernadeschi better... Yes. Is Bernadeschi the better fit/option for Toronto FC's roster... Highly debatable. It's not EA Sports FIFA, where a player is a player. It's real life football where a player is a person and those MLSisms will have an impact
    Last edited by rydermike; 06-16-2022 at 07:16 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Molinaro TFC Republic, 3 or 4 players on top of insigne:

"The latest I've heard from sources is that aside from Insigne, TFC could add as many as three and maybe even four new players over the course of this summer. So, no, TFC is definitely not writing off this season, even though it is a rebuilding campaign for the Reds."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    That Singh article is why I don't view Singh "sources" as a Tier 1 to use the reddit term. I know there's a few people who like to believe he's a "Tier 1",but stuff like this just proves it. Like others mentioned earlier, the "Insigne confirmation" that he has pinned to his Twitter to me was a I'm going to claim it and hope I'm right. The fact that even days after that Fabrizio Romano (arguably the #1 news breaker in the football world) kept saying its "close but not done yet" was proof. There is a 0% chance that Singh got the scoop on a world class Italian international player a full week or so before Fabrizio. This article on Poz is a I'm going to write it and in six months if he actually leaves, he'll claim he had the scoop.

It's obvious why TFC doesn't want to comment on his contract. First, you don't negotiate in public. That only gives Pozuelo more leverage if you say you want to keep him. Second, and this is the big reason: they hitched themselves to Insigne. Before you re-up Poz to a long term deal, you need to see how they play together. What if they sign Poz to an extension and then we find out they struggle to have chemistry and then we are hamstrung in salary commitments. Or you wait and see if it works and then decide.
    I agree 100% with all that.

Giovinco and Altidore decided to go public with their demands (after TFC won MLS Cup), apparently after the club wouldn't negotiate with them privately for quite a while. However that's also a certain personality type. Many players don't negotiate publicly.

You rightly mentioned the downsides to TFC of commenting whether they want Poz back or not. There are also potential downsides for Pozuelo. He mentions that he would like to stay, but that's also the nice and proper thing to say. It's the status quo until it isn't. However he doesn't get into any contract details RE what he would like in order to stay (unlike the players mentioned above). He probably doesn't know how high MLSE is willing to go, plus his value to the club will increase if he and Insigne work well together.

On the other hand, if Poz states publicly that he would like to leave, or puts very high (public) contract demands on staying, then that lowers his value for potential suitors around the world. It's best for other teams to think that they're competing with TFC for his services.

I guess Pozuelo's agent will start quietly lining up some opportunities in July, if he hasn't already. At that point there are less than 6 months left on his contract. Maybe then we'll hear some rumours from around the world. (Well we will definitely hear rumours; much harder to know if they're real, or just an attempt for someone to influence the negotiations; or for some "journo" to pretend like they know something. TFC has been pretty tight-lipped lately, although I'm sure they've also strategically leaked some things from time to time.)
    Last edited by Auzzy; 06-16-2022 at 07:30 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94

BIG READ: At this moment in time, Alejandro Pozuelo's days with Toronto FC appear to be numbered

W/ commentary from Bill Manning.

http://theparleh.com/post/big-read-a...to-be-numbered

https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94/s...02744159952896
    Manning’s transparency in this article is highly appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post

"The latest I've heard from sources is that aside from Insigne, TFC could add as many as three and maybe even four new players over the course of this summer. So, no, TFC is definitely not writing off this season, even though it is a rebuilding campaign for the Reds."
    This regurgitates information provided by Manning like a month ago. Not news lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not a Singh fan, but I’d rather someone provide something even approaching the concerns that this thread has highlighted for the last three years than give me a puff piece on what Perruzza eats for lunch.

I’d rather see a “no comment” from management and an *attempt* at analyzing critical issues, than no questions on those issues at all.
    Last edited by portu; 06-16-2022 at 07:48 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's got sources in the club bc been covering tfc for ages, this is news, especially as we're getting closer to July and the plans will be getting finalized.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's got sources in the club bc been covering tfc for ages, this is news, especially as we're getting closer to July and the plans will be getting finalized.
    Sorry - It’s not “new” is my point. It’s noted like 5 pages back in this thread with a Manning quote.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the first time it's ever been said could be 5 players total joining but ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    jloome I just want to say that I appreciate all the well written and well informed "trolling" you do on this site
    Seconded

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me, not negotiating with Poz now is letting him go. He will be looking for other teams to pay his wages. If he can find a team to pay him he will walk.

Other teams will be interested in his services. Most likely in Arabia. He has interest whenever he is playing well. It is hard to imagine he makes the whole season if TFC aren't already in negotiations.

Waiting tells him to start making other arrangements. He's Playing nice just in case the other offers are found wanting, and he ends up back here. His goal will be to follow the biggest cheque, as it should be. That is very unlikely to be us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A realistic transfer window:

Insigne
    Criscito
    Hoilett
    Hugo Gonzalez
    Henry (trade for Bono)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'd love to hear the supporting argument for how a player with eight career goals in Serie A tops a Canadian with 57
    career goals, including four seasons in the Prem.

(I'm not being facetious, Junior just seems to have been a far more offensively effective player. He's shown he's still fit and effective with Reading, who want him back, and playing for Canada.

Hoilett is probably still a 10-goal threat in MLS. Bernarsdeschi?

Like I said, I don't really know him as a player so maybe the stats are super misleading but Serie A is not miles above the Championship in quality.
    Hoilet is slower these days but he’s added much to his game. Very crafty player and I can see him playing inside at times… given that BB doesn’t seem to favour a traditional #10 Jr could contribute well for us. Also, didn’t he mention that it would be a dream for him to play at home? I don’t think I’d turn him down, not round about now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Hoilet is slower these days but he’s added much to his game. Very crafty player and I can see him playing inside at times… given that BB doesn’t seem to favour a traditional #10 Jr could contribute well for us. Also, didn’t he mention that it would be a dream for him to play at home? I don’t think I’d turn him down, not round about now.
    Yeah, thats what i was getting at and why this debate has gone off the rails a bit. BOTH would be great for our club, but both for different reasons. It would be pretty great for a hometown kid to come back and provide some additional skill, leadership, passion etc, etc..

Everything will be about the contracts…

If this wishlist is even remotely accurate….

Insigne
    Criscito
    Hoilett
    Hugo Gonzalez
    Henry (trade for Bono)

It is an upgrade everywhere by default, opposition will have the ball less, be more concerned about how high of a line they play, etc, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    jloome I just want to say that I appreciate all the well written and well informed "trolling" you do on this site
    I second this. While I don't always agree with jloome, I'm hard pressed to find a more informed, more knowledgeable and more enjoyable contributor on this board

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can settle this the easy way and help get your MLS IQ up to snuff:

Hoilett would be TAM level. Hoilett seems like he can deal with MLS level play and the dodgy scrappiness & weather of it based on CONCACAF experience. For TAM level at his age is he worth it? Yes.

Bernardeshi based on his supposed market value and age would make him a DP. Is he worth a DP spot? I can stop everything right here because the answer to that is and will always be no. You can do MUCH, MUCH better with a DP spot no matter what national or club team he played for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I've never rated Singh...
    Singh's credibility is further undermined by the site he writes for. He writes for The Parleh. The Parleh isn't remotely close to journalism. From the company website - the company owns sports and betting brands
    The "content" on The Parleh is nothing more than content marketing. There are no journalistic standards promised nor upheld at the Parleh. Personally, I ignore any content published on the Parleh. I had previously put Singh on mute because he didn't seem to know what he was talking about, but now, he doesn't merit anyone's attention. Unfortunately, James Sharman also now pimps for The Parleh. I find this a shame as I always enjoyed him as a TV journalist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    I second this. While I don't always agree with jloome, I'm hard pressed to find a more informed, more knowledgeable and more enjoyable contributor on this board
    cheers, very nice of you G

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post

Hoilett would be TAM level. Hoilett seems like he can deal with MLS level play and the dodgy scrappiness & weather of it based on CONCACAF experience. For TAM level at his age is he worth it? Yes.

Bernardeshi based on his supposed market value and age would make him a DP. Is he worth a DP spot? I can stop everything right here because the answer to that is and will always be no. You can do MUCH, MUCH better with a DP spot no matter what national or club team he played for.
    can't be said any better than this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

again… based on budgetary concerns there is no way any mls team would sign bernadeschi as a dp. That would dumb as fuck and only be used for marketing purposes not footballing reason

He’s a good player, but not a difference maker and at best should be a TAM player. Hence why junior based on his experience in concaf is a better fit and would be more productive. He honestly peaked at fiorentina as kid and has been living off being a bit player for Juventus and the azzurri.

Again the only reason I think you have such a hard on for him is cause he was on the team that won euro. cause if Italy never won he wouldn’t even be in the conversion as a dp. And it’s funny no one wants to sign him in Italy. I guess cause he’s too good for them
    Last edited by TheGoodson; 06-17-2022 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Removed a personal attack

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Telling you have credentials because you were columnist at the Toronto Sun means nothing all it tells me is that you probably graduated at York University on a journalism degree, now if you said you write at World Soccer Magazine the ok. Did you not read where I mentioned that he lifted the Euro Trophy last year, stick to Canadian and English Football my friend because you know zero about soccer outside those two countries
    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Clearly, we are all in awe of your obvious brilliance. Doubtless, only a superior intellect and football genius would understand the expertise of the journalists at World Soccer Magazine, as well as the self-evident truism that hurling ad hominem invectives at people is superior to using facts to make a point.

I bow down before your demonstration of intellectual dominance.
    Section 223 has been infracted for personal attacks. One infraction away from a temporary ban.

Jloome is on thin ice too. Don't respond in kind.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moving swiftly on. Anyone else concerned at the lack of links to midfielders and that we are being linked with mostly guys well over 30?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Moving swiftly on. Anyone else concerned at the lack of links to midfielders and that we are being linked with mostly guys well over 30?
    Yea we need more quality there for sure. If we're going to be 4-3-3, the only high end talent we have for those middle 3 are Oso, Bradley, Pozuelo and maybe Priso?

Oso's injuries have been tough. Bradley splits the crowd these days but I think we all agree he can't be 90 minutes week in week out anymore. Pozuelo has his own saga going on and questions about how he fits Bob's plans, and Priso...seems to have not taken the leap forward we were all hoping. I thought he looked like such a baller last year before that injury.

Need a stud to round out with Oso, Pozuelo that can push Bradley and Priso to more depth roles while Bradley phases out and Priso gets his feet under him.

Anyone else kinda miss Marky right now?
    Last edited by Kiwi10; 06-17-2022 at 01:08 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post

Seems to me that there was another guy who couldn’t cut it at Juventus that ended up on our team , think his name was Sebastian, he was 28 at the time same age as Bernardeschi now. Sebastian scored one goal in 23 caps,Bernardeschi has 6 goals in 39 caps. if Junior Hoilett was not Canadian his name would never make this site, He’ll yes give me Bernadeschi. Partnered with Insigne they make an absolute joke of this league,

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    again… based on budgetary concerns there is no way any mls team would sign bernadeschi as a dp. That would dumb as fuck and only be used for marketing purposes not footballing reason

He’s a good player, but not a difference maker and at best should be a TAM player. Hence why junior based on his experience in concaf is a better fit and would be more productive. He honestly peaked at fiorentina as kid and has been living off being a bit player for Juventus and the azzurri.

Again the only reason I think you have such a hard on for him is cause he was on the team that won euro. cause if Italy never won he wouldn’t even be in the conversion as a dp. And it’s funny no one wants to sign him in Italy. I guess cause he’s too good for them
    Actually Goodson if you play 5 seasons for Juventus you’re a pretty good soccer player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually Goodson if you play 5 seasons for Juventus you’re a pretty good soccer player
    You are misunderstanding the argument here. is he talented sure… but a difference maker absolutely not especially based on the salary cap implications in the mls. In my opinion is he the equivalent of an mls lifer like DeLeon whi can cover multiple position and is a depth piece that’s all. Again I’m saying DeLeon is not as talented just what the MLS comparison is to Bernadeschi’s roll on Juve is

There is no comparison between Seba and bernadeschi.. completely different players positionally and skill wise… Seba never got a real shot in Europe cause he’s 5 foot nothing. He was 6 inches taller he would have never left Italy as he is sublimely talented just not big enough physically.