Page 39 of 193 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    What’s the downfall on his game? Sounds like he’s the Nickleback of Italian Soccer, hahaa
    That's a pretty good comparison.

I suppose his downfall is that he has no discernible strength. He runs a lot but never really finds himself in dangerous positions. Neither his passing nor shooting is particularly good. He doesn't drive the play forward in a meaningful way. He's just sort of ... there. Plus he looks kinda goofy and went from Fiorentina to Juve, which is generally frowned upon.

He'd likely do a job in MLS given the drop in quality, but he certainly hasn't shown himself to be a difference-maker aside from one decent year that got him his big move.
    Last edited by Bobo; 06-16-2022 at 10:04 AM. Reason: I had to remove "very" from in front of "likely do a job" because he's Bernardeschi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty turns 18 today. He's now eligible to transfer. Wonder if news of interest will pick up, although the injury might have cooled some of it. We know he went to Europe with a few clubs in the winter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty turns 18 today. He's now eligible to transfer. Wonder if news of interest will pick up, although the injury might have cooled some of it. We know he went to Europe with a few clubs in the winter
    If he does transfer this summer, I am assuming he will be immediately loaned back to finish the season here.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    That's a pretty good comparison.

I suppose his downfall is that he has no discernible strength. He runs a lot but never really finds himself in dangerous positions. Neither his passing nor shooting is particularly good. He doesn't drive the play forward in a meaningful way. He's just sort of ... there. Plus he looks kinda goofy and went from Fiorentina to Juve, which is generally frowned upon.

He'd likely do a job in MLS given the drop in quality, but he certainly hasn't shown himself to be a difference-maker aside from one decent year that got him his big move.
    Bernardeschi over Hoilett in a heartbeat absolute on brainer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94

BIG READ: At this moment in time, Alejandro Pozuelo's days with Toronto FC appear to be numbered

W/ commentary from Bill Manning.

http://theparleh.com/post/big-read-a...to-be-numbered

https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94/s...02744159952896

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Bernardeschi over Hoilett in a heartbeat absolute on brainer
    I'd love to hear the supporting argument for how a player with eight career goals in Serie A tops a Canadian with 57
    career goals, including four seasons in the Prem.

(I'm not being facetious, Junior just seems to have been a far more offensively effective player. He's shown he's still fit and effective with Reading, who want him back, and playing for Canada.

Hoilett is probably still a 10-goal threat in MLS. Bernarsdeschi?

Like I said, I don't really know him as a player so maybe the stats are super misleading but Serie A is not miles above the Championship in quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post

BIG READ: At this moment in time, Alejandro Pozuelo's days with Toronto FC appear to be numbered

W/ commentary from Bill Manning. I'm

Based on the actual story he's written and the quotes he has obtained, this is irresponsible hype bullshit.

All he has is manning saying he wants to wait until th end of the year to address it, and Bradley saying he won't discuss it.

Very, very irresponsible reporting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^

Literally all I took from that is Singh's ego being hurt from Bradley attempting to kill the narrative he is so desperately trying to create.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    ^^^

Literally all I took from that is Singh's ego being hurt from Bradley attempting to kill the narrative he is so desperately trying to create.
    Really quite pathetic, isn't it?

If I were TFC I'd seriously consider pulling his credentials. This isn't a reporter getting screwed by a sub editor's poorly worded headline. This is his own site.

Pathetic.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I nit pick the Singh article for a moment

First of all, he's been sitting on this discussion ever since that presser where Bradley shut Singh down...& Bradley doesn't suffer journos asking questions Bradley doesn't think he can discuss. If you read Singh's article, Singh comes across as trying to do a "gotcha" - almost admits it.

Second, Insigne tracks back...a lot. For Pete's sake, his very last play ever at home for Napoli was him running back from a botched corner & CATCHING a forward on a break. AND....Jesus plays really good defensively for a forward.

I agree that Poz as an AM isn't going to happen & likely Poz is out for 2023. BUT..Singh is trying to create narratives again and that's a flag for me as far as his reporting is concerned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Can I nit pick the Singh article for a moment

First of all, he's been sitting on this discussion ever since that presser where Bradley shut Singh down...& Bradley doesn't suffer journos asking questions Bradley doesn't think he can discuss. If you read Singh's article, Singh comes across as trying to do a "gotcha" - almost admits it.

Second, Insigne tracks back...a lot. For Pete's sake, his very last play ever at home for Napoli was him running back from a botched corner & CATCHING a forward on a break. AND....Jesus plays really good defensively for a forward.

I agree that Poz as an AM isn't going to happen & likely Poz is out for 2023. BUT..Singh is trying to create narratives again and that's a flag for me as far as his reporting is concerned.
    Yeah, exactly. The industry was already going this way, towards being overwhelmed by irresponsible, selfish choices -- when i left it 12 years ago. It's just eating itself at this point.

for one thing, bigger organizations with massive financing have learned how to better protect their exclusive content from theft and plagiarism, so young independents and freelancers who can't actually break stories or understand how to gather
    value-added reporting lean more on hype and rumour.

unfortunately there are always enough dim people who cannot separate the possibility of a concept from what is required to accurately report that it is actually happening. When people already believe something to likely be true, arguing for a causation relationship often becomes pointless.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, that Singh article is rated 5 LOLs for me.

Textbook case of making something out of nothing.

Question: What's up with Pozuelo's contract status?
    Response: No comment.
    Headline: "Alejandro Pozuelo’s days in Toronto appear to be numbered"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hes trying to get views...no surprise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He definitely should of put "OPINION:" in front of that article.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'd love to hear the supporting argument for how a player with eight career goals in Serie A tops a Canadian with 57
    career goals, including four seasons in the Prem.

(I'm not being facetious, Junior just seems to have been a far more offensively effective player. He's shown he's still fit and effective with Reading, who want him back, and playing for Canada.

Hoilett is probably still a 10-goal threat in MLS. Bernarsdeschi?

Like I said, I don't really know him as a player so maybe the stats are super misleading but Serie A is not miles above the Championship in quality.
    I’m fairly new to this site so I’m gonna guess that you jloome are the site troll. Hoilett over Bernardeschi, you’re kidding right? Berna just finished a season with Juventus a Champions League participant, Hoilett played in Englands second division, Berna last year lifted the Euro trophy with Italy, Hoilett ???. Transfer market values Berna at 10 million. Hoilett 800,000. jloome the only sense you make is that you don’t know Berna as a player,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really quite pathetic, isn't it?

If I were TFC I'd seriously consider pulling his credentials. This isn't a reporter getting screwed by a sub editor's poorly worded headline. This is his own site.

Pathetic.
    I've never rated Singh... I'll never forget in Vanney's final interview session with us, he raised his hand for a question, and ended up forgetting what he was going to ask.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I agree, that Singh article is rated 5 LOLs for me.

Textbook case of making something out of nothing.

Question: What's up with Pozuelo's contract status?
    Response: No comment.
    Headline: "Alejandro Pozuelo’s days in Toronto appear to be numbered"
    Not a big Mike Singh fan but he does try to ask some semi tough questions, the rest of the reporters covering the team just serve up softball after softball questions because they certainly do not want to upset our new saviour GM and Coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post

W/ commentary from Bill Manning.

I normally enjoy Singh’s work but that article was pretty horrible and just click bait. Of course the coach doesn’t want to talk contracts with the media. Why would he? It’s a silly question to even pose and waste of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m fairly new to this site so I’m gonna guess that you jloome are the site troll. Hoilett over Bernardeschi, you’re kidding right? Berna just finished a season with Juventus a Champions League participant, Hoilett played in Englands second division, Berna last year lifted the Euro trophy with Italy, Hoilett ???. Transfer market values Berna at 10 million. Hoilett 800,000. jloome the only sense you make is that you don’t know Berna as a player,
    That’s a really poor argument. One plays about a half a professional level higher than the other.

Hoilett had 12 goals in 84 premier league games and has 57 professionally.

Berna has EIGHT career goals. Even serie a fans who follow the league are commenting in this thread already that he’s renowned for producing nothing.

So how on the face of one being ridiculously more productive than the other do you put that down to “trolling”?

The site troll? Did you just get here, dude? I was a national soccer columnist( not that that really means fuck all but anyway) for a decade, many of those running in the Toronto Sun.

Please, instead of throwing insults at the people you disagree with, proffer an argument, a point worth debating. The only thing you’ve offered to back your position so far is “he plays for Juventus.”

To which I’d add “he occasionally plays for Juventus but statistically produces nothing.”

Again, I don’t know Bernadeschi well, so I’ll concede there’s nuance I might be missing here. But you’re not making your case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s a really poor argument. One plays about a half a professional level higher than the other.

Berna has EIGHT career goals. Even serie a fans who follow the league are commenting in this thread already that he’s renowned for producing nothing.

So how on the face of one being ridiculously more productive than the other do you put that down to “trolling”?

The site troll? Did you just get here, dude? I was a national soccer columnist( not that that really means fuck all but anyway) for a decade, many of those running in the Toronto Sun.

Please, instead of throwing insults at the people you disagree with, proffer an argument, a point worth debating. The only thing you’ve offered to back your position so far is “he plays for Juventus.”

To which I’d add “he occasionally plays for Juventus but statistically produces nothing.”

Again, I don’t know Bernadeschi well, so I’ll concede there’s nuance I might be missing here. But you’re not making your case.
    I think the argument for Bernardeschi is age, and maybe similar playstyle to Giovinco? I don't know much about him either.

Junior Hoilett seems like he would give us 2 years at most as a winger. Can he play up top? He is slowing down with age.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Telling you have credentials because you were columnist at the Toronto Sun means nothing all it tells me is that you probably graduated at York University on a journalism degree, now if you said you write at World Soccer Magazine the ok. Did you not read where I mentioned that he lifted the Euro Trophy last year, stick to Canadian and English Football my friend because you know zero about soccer outside those two countries

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jloome I just want to say that I appreciate all the well written and well informed "trolling" you do on this site
    Last edited by Gringo Starr; 06-16-2022 at 05:22 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, Guys, Guys…. Jloome is not a troll so Chill

Both would be great additions….

Hoilett would be a TAM, a little older, 32 and what i was questioning is his ability to play the right side (most of his career, has been on the left or central if i am not wrong)

Bernadeschi would be great, he is an Italy international younger 28, but had a couple of ok years. I think he would even say that…. but he is a solid RW. FWIW, i am not sure how we get him as a TAM.

So in reality then, you need to get rid of Poz or Salcedo for Bernadeschi. Not sure that is workable. If TAM for TAM, probably take Bernadeschi.

Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 06-16-2022 at 05:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are only talking about Bernadeschi being some legend cause he was on Italy’s euro winning squad. Outside of a penalty kick he did absolutely squat which is the same as what he did at Juventus. He runs a lot makes a nice pass once in a blue moon. I get JLoome’s point. As Junior has at least produced where’s as the glorious bernadeschi did and does fuck all. I’m a die hard Juventus fan and I happy to see him leave, he was useless. Would he tear the league up maybe, but I see him being as effective as your average TAM signing.

Also, I have had issues with your comments previously and reacted poorly, so for that I apologize. But honestly dude JLoome and Ensco are two of the most concise and well thought members when they post. To dismiss him as you did kind proves a lot and it also shows that you can’t defend your argument so you attack the person.
    Last edited by TheGoodson; 06-16-2022 at 05:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    jloome I just want to say that I appreciate all the well written and well informed "trolling" you do on this site
    Lol cheers dude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Telling you have credentials because you were columnist at the Toronto Sun means nothing all it tells me is that you probably graduated at York University on a journalism degree, now if you said you write at World Soccer Magazine the ok. Did you not read where I mentioned that he lifted the Euro Trophy last year, stick to Canadian and English Football my friend because you know zero about soccer outside those two countries
    Clearly, we are all in awe of your obvious brilliance. Doubtless, only a superior intellect and football genius would understand the expertise of the journalists at World Soccer Magazine, as well as the self-evident truism that hurling ad hominem invectives at people is superior to using facts to make a point.

I bow down before your demonstration of intellectual dominance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#TeamJloome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    #TeamJloome
    we all know you were teambieber until the facial paralysis thing, so I’m truly honored

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jloome, just wanna say that I've always valued your input in this forum, regardless if I've agreed with it or not.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jloome is among those on here who on a rotating basis prove to me that my thoughts & views are inaccurate

As a Dad, I can take this

The lack of assists by Bernadeschi coupled with the fervour which Juve fans have for him leaving is enough proof to me that this hire would be a poor one
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 06-16-2022 at 06:49 PM.