Page 34 of 193 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Yeah im kinda meh on this now. I could care less about him. Ill see how he plays but hope its only a 1.5 year deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    This is something that we have to force out of our DNA. I was hoping the kids wouldn't have this ingrained yet but it seems they do. They might be even worse for it than the old guard. Makes me miss Delgado shooting over the stands and onto the street outside the stadium.

At least Insigne is not like this at all. He'll shoot. Hopefully the rest will follow his lead.
    Yep! Hear! Hear! Wholeheartedly agree!

Can't wait to see more of this... something like these in person... tiro o giro / tir o gir!

https://youtu.be/vCn1MSnrAXs

Mostly from the left, but a few even from the centre and right!

Class!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully Criscito is all in. No room for a player who is only here to retire.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I think his actual designation here IBFF (Insigne Best Friend For a few years)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope im wrong...incoming another bad overpaid oft injured contract...underwhelming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Alright alright alright'...
    'Here we go'...

I am OK with this 'package' deal.
    Intrigued if he does move from LB to CB.
    Has experienced injuries this year though.
    If so, in a 3-4-3/5-2-3, I think Mimmo would have to be a C-CB with Salcedo @ R-CB and O'Neill / MacNaughton @ L-CB.

Edit... Sorry mixed it up, inverted what I meant to say...
    If so, in a 3-4-3/5-2-3, I think Mimmo would have to be a C-CB with Salcedo @ L-CB and O'Neill / MacNaughton @ R-CB.

Our Italian Drew Moor.
    Also, does this mean Doneil Henry is still the assumed and leading CANMNT candidate?

Still, I suspect DC prefers and would like the opportunity to enjoy link play @ LB with his BFF LI.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 06-08-2022 at 05:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I am not a serie A expert, but after watching the Napoli-Genoa game a few weeks ago, I was impressed with him. It was one of their last games of the year and he was still one of the better Genoa players and probably their best defender. I have no doubt he will help our backline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    'Alright alright alright'...
    'Here we go'...

I am OK with this 'package' deal.
    Intrigued if he does move from LB to CB.
    Has experienced injuries this year though.
    If so, in a 3-4-3/5-2-3, I think Mimmo would have to be a C-CB with Salcedo @ R-CB and O'Neill / MacNaughton @ L-CB.
    Our Italian Drew Moor.
    Also, does this mean Doneil Henry is still the assumed and leading CANMNT candidate?

Still, I suspect DC prefers and would like the opportunity to enjoy link play @ LB with his BFF LI.
    i
    i agree he could be a moor type cb,,,what are you going to do with million dollar mavinga.and add 400k henry tfc are up too 5 mil in CBs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will wait until someone else breaks this story and confirms before I think anything of this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i
    i agree he could be a moor type cb,,,what are you going to do with million dollar mavinga.and add 400k henry tfc are up too 5 mil in CBs
    IDK, given the DC @ CB possibility, sort of negates DH unless he is to be needed for injuries insurance.
    I agree Mavinga is a big question mark in some of these scenarios; warrants the speculation given the contract hit.
    He has been injured but also sat a bit; regressed? Is he gone this window or next?
    Or is he experiencing as also speculated some sort of personal funk like Poz?
    Also, MBradley didn't seem to want to Vanney... or even that new Leeds United Assistant guy... play him 'out of position'.
    To give him a go, given his playing experience at other positions over some of the kids.
    I do not think we needed to be playing 5+ 'kids' during the course of any game with Mavinga ready on the bench.
    Got into a brief but fun discussion w/jloome about Mavinga and he kindly but skeptically offered some support points for my trial suggestion for him @ DMid.
    At the moment, it seems he may likely be toast with BBradley though.
    Otherwise, I think he should have been played out of his comfortable L-CB position when we were hurting for seasoned bodies on the pitch.

Edit... This is predicated or premised on the notion that Salcedo and Mavinga cannot play beside each other on any back line formation.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 06-08-2022 at 06:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I will wait until someone else breaks this story and confirms before I think anything of this
    If this 'breaking news' wasn't confirmed by MS by his most solid 'inside' TFC source or if someone 'inside' is hanging him out to dry... ouch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    i agree... not exactly earth shattering breaking news

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like we'll have a back 3:

westberg
    o'neill salcedo criscito
    thompson bradley oso shaff
    poz jiminez insigne

would be best lineup as of july 9th.

although probably a couple more players to add!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that we were basically bound to signing Criscito to get Insigne is worrying as hell.

If he doesn’t work out management is going to look worse than they already do.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    The fact that we were basically bound to signing Criscito to get Insigne is worrying as hell.

If he doesn’t work out management is going to look worse than they already do.
    At home laughing at these comments, for starters currently this team is “ not working out” it’s a shit sh w we have two team captains coming in from a league many classes higher then MLS, these two are professional in every sense of the word , doubting there character as some have mentioned by saying Criscito is just here to retire frankly saddens me and makes me doubt the about the soccer IQ on this site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    At home laughing at these comments, for starters currently this team is “ not working out” it’s a shit sh w we have two team captains coming in from a league many classes higher then MLS, these two are professional in every sense of the word , doubting there character as some have mentioned by saying Criscito is just here to retire frankly saddens me and makes me doubt the about the soccer IQ on this site
    Not saying this is true of Criscito, but he wouldn't be the first i.e. Pirlo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Their previous credentials only matter if they commit and give a shit. Many, many former team captain DPs (Pirlo, Gerrard, Lampard) came here and were varying degrees of shit. Everything that they did before this July means nothing.

Also Italians historically have had a sketchy track record when playing abroad so we'll see how they accept & adapt to MLS and Toronto.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember Nesta getting torched in MLS bc his legs couldn't keep up.

Not saying Criscito is Nesta or same, but...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I remember Nesta getting torched in MLS bc his legs couldn't keep up.

Not saying Criscito is Nesta or same, but...
    It’s a lot easier to look up to speed when you’re playing with players of similar calibre who move and defend in tactical units. MLS is far more open and less tactically disciplined, which means the one defender who properly holds his position is often left isolated by the idiots he’s playing with (I mean that in the nicest and least specific of ways).

That’s when the 35-year-old legs become an issue.

When his teammates were up to snuff in Montreal, Nesta looked like Nesta. When they were caught a man short at the back, he looked the same as Steven Gerrard at LA, which was unable to keep up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    It’s a lot easier to look up to speed when you’re playing with players of similar calibre who move and defend in tactical units. MLS is far more open and less tactically disciplined, which means the one defender who properly holds his position is often left isolated by the idiots he’s playing with (I mean that in the nicest and least specific of ways).

And that's why I got problems with Michael Bradley as the lone DM right now..his legs don't keep up with his teammates mistakes anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When his teammates were up to snuff in Montreal, Nesta looked like Nesta. When they were caught a man short at the back, he looked the same as Steven Gerrard at LA, which was unable to keep up.
    Ahem, you sure your talking about Nesta, jloome?

And not MBradley?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    And that's why I got problems with Michael Bradley as the lone DM right now..his legs don't keep up with his teammates mistakes anymore.
    Too slow for OgtheDim!

Why do I feel like I'm the fourth in 'need to get three coffins ready'?

https://youtu.be/-KrsO91mfBw

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 06-09-2022 at 02:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Hard to tell but it could be Fabian Casal:
    https://nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/...44a7ba71d7.jpg
    Thanks jabbronies! Seems right; very likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Bob did come over and celebrate. I don't expect anyone to run over and jump in his arms lol he might shatter into pieces.
    Yeah, but wouldn't it also be a wonderful and glorious sight to behold when we win each of The Shield, MLS Cup, Leagues Cup and The CCL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Federico Bernadeschi is in Toronto. And he was spotted with Bill Manning last night at dinner. A few people have told
    Me this today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    Federico Bernadeschi is in Toronto. And he was spotted with Bill Manning last night at dinner. A few people have told
    Me this today
    Saw a couple of tweets about this too. Here we go!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took him some time too to adjust if I remember correctly. He didn’t hit the ground running.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw a couple of tweets about this too. Here we go!
    Him on the right side with his left foot.
    Insigne — Jiminez—Bernadeschi
    ————Pozuelo——-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    Him on the right side with his left foot.
    Insigne — Jiminez—Bernadeschi
    ————Pozuelo——-
    That would have to be it for the first choice eleven. Unless Poz is on the immediate way out….

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TAM, not DP

(all the twitter with his name attached to it say Napoli want him but "cooling off" late yesterday.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 06-09-2022 at 04:40 PM.