Page 31 of 193 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Insigne seemingly already working with the TFC training staff. He is injured and out for today's game against Argentina.

https://m.tuttonapoli.net/notizie/ul...gentina-506146
    "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to MikeForbes again."

Your post was very funny, and very sad...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/GalindoPW

Cyle Larin is leaving Besiktas. He is open to possible offers from Turkey but will reportedly prioritize the highest bidder and move ASAP. #CanMNT

https://www.sporx.com/cyle-larin-kar...SXHBQ975969SXQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to MikeForbes again."

Your post was very funny, and very sad...
    I'm embarrassed I didn't catch the sarcasm in that post. Well played.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    https://twitter.com/GalindoPW

Cyle Larin is leaving Besiktas. He is open to possible offers from Turkey but will reportedly prioritize the highest bidder and move ASAP. #CanMNT

https://www.sporx.com/cyle-larin-kar...SXHBQ975969SXQ
    He would cost DP money but it seems like $$$ is his motivation now so it's possible he would come. However is he worth a DP spot? Forget salary, just the spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He would cost DP money but it seems like $$$ is his motivation now so it's possible he would come. However is he worth a DP spot? Forget salary, just the spot.
    If he can score the way he did in Turkey, yes. But issue I see is his best position was playing on the left side of a front 3. The target man would occupy defenders in the middle and Larin would crash the far post and score in buckets.

We don’t have the true target man as the foil and we know who is first choice on the left side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scoring is so not our priority. We’re scoring at something like three times our xG, and are among the league leaders in goals per game. We’re getting killed defensively.

NYCFC has given up 12 goals in 14 games… so only six in twelve games when you take away the six we scored against them.

We can score goals. Between Ayo, Jesus and Poz, that’s probably a solid 30 goals a season.

We need a DM and wingbacks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And a new keeper but need to offload one first so maybe not this year... although Borjan would be fun.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    And a new keeper but need to offload one first so maybe not this year... although Borjan would be fun.
    Borjan with an offload of Bono is a nice dream on a hazy day...too bad today is cloudy & cooler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Borjan with an offload of Bono is a nice dream on a hazy day...too bad today is cloudy & cooler.
    Perfect sweat pants weather.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

larin is not worth a dp spot...production went way down and he misses a number of good chances

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Scoring is so not our priority. We’re scoring at something like three times our xG, and are among the league leaders in goals per game. We’re getting killed defensively.

NYCFC has given up 12 goals in 14 games… so only six in twelve games when you take away the six we scored against them.

We can score goals. Between Ayo, Jesus and Poz, that’s probably a solid 30 goals a season.

Once Insigne we’ll definitely be needing another forward to contend. Insigne, JJ, Ayo, Nelson/Shaff
    plus another.

I’d be worried about our goals vs xG eventually crashing down into reality, but Insigne coming makes that a really low risk issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hope is that next year we use the Poz DP spot on someone in the midfield. Miha Zajc should absolutely be a target.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/miha-za...spieler/149829

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hope is that next year we use the Poz DP spot on someone in the midfield. Miha Zajc should absolutely be a target.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/miha-za...spieler/149829
    I realize I probably coMe across as overly sentimental about older players sometimes but I kinda hope he has a 10/10 year and Poz coMes back. He loves it here and he's only had one bad year, really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I realize I probably coMe across as overly sentimental about older players sometimes but I kinda hope he has a 10/10 year and Poz coMes back. He loves it here and he's only had one bad year, really.

I am with you. But it isn’t visible, yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely nothing wrong with supporting the lads, my friend. I hope he does well, I personally just don't know if he's the kind of player BB wants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the greatest difficulty for me with contemporary sports. Business, business, business. The beauty of the beautiful game isn’t much found off and around the pitch where there is little continuity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya you're looking at averaged stats, you dont remember the three games with no goals and i believe 1 shot on target? lol

terrible

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    ya you're looking at averaged stats, you dont remember the three games with no goals and i believe 1 shot on target? lol

terrible
    It's fairly clear that the issue with the goal droughts (caused by lack of chances created) as well as our defense being often overrun is mostly attributed to our midfield being basically non-existent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's fairly clear that the issue with the goal droughts (caused by lack of chances created) as well as our defense being often overrun is mostly attributed to our midfield being basically non-existent.
    Exactly. Okello, Osorio and Pozuelo were out for three of four games in that stretch. When your top scorers are both don’t see the ball for three games because no one can deliver a ball into the box, it’s pretty hard to score goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post

terrible
    We had 10 shots on goal in those games, not “1”.

(And a PRO apology for one of those shutouts being due to Nelson’s legit goal being waived off by PRO).

And we’ve scored five goals in the two games since then.
    Last edited by jloome; 06-03-2022 at 12:35 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone getting twitchy about lack of news surrounding new signings?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    No because the window doesn't open for another month and we know things will happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No because the window doesn't open for another month and we know things will happen.
    The European window is open and in the past we would've gotten hints from free agents who've already agreed terms. But MLS seems to have really clamped down on info leaks, likely as any offer can be rescinded until a transfer certificate is received.

Ton of high-profile free agents available, many out of our price range.

But as a RB solution, I wonder if we could swing a TAM for West Ham's Ryan Fredericks. He's rumored going back to the championship, but he's 29, playing at a high level for his whole career. And he's available on a free.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/ryan-fr...spieler/140191
    Last edited by jloome; 06-04-2022 at 12:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Criscito wished Insigne a happy birthday today with a picture of the two hugging. The closest I have to a rumor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The European window is open and in the past we would've gotten hints from free agents who've already agreed terms. But MLS seems to have really clamped down on info leaks, likely as any offer can be rescinded until a transfer certificate is received.

Ton of high-profile free agents available, many out of our price range.

But as a RB solution, I wonder if we could swing a TAM for West Ham's Ryan Fredericks. He's rumored going back to the championship, but he's 29, playing at a high level for his whole career. And he's available on a free.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/ryan-fr...spieler/140191
    Fredericks is a decent shout if he wants to move abroad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Criscito wished Insigne a happy birthday today with a picture of the two hugging. The closest I have to a rumor.
    Insigne reposted a bunch of Happy Birthday wishes on Instagram....but not TFC's birthday wish. Closest I have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Insigne reposted a bunch of Happy Birthday wishes on Instagram....but not TFC's birthday wish. Closest I have
    I noticed he has not even interacted with TFC's social media at all. Maybe it is because he doesn't want to upset Napoli supporters, but it is something we should keep an eye to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Yep... coming down with a bad case of the twitches... getting an uneasy feeling we are being 'Hoodwinked' again...

'two more weeks'... or 'all but done' by Manning now...

https://youtu.be/NJQr7jj0rIQ

Plan A w/MD & DC seems to have blown up. Plan B? A little too quiet for me!

Not a lot of rumours given our status.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 06-04-2022 at 09:17 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wheeler dropping the "they have been looking at players all around the backline"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got cold chills remembering that Doneil Henry is both a CMNT player and former TFC player.
    For all his recklessness, he also averaged seven headed clearances and two-plus tackles per game for us. That kind of aerial domination would come in handy given that our CBs keep getting caught over the top.
    Regarding Michael Singh's reporting, with BB's obvious LAFC connect, Chiellini's arrival, someone there is likely getting pushed.

We may very well be considering / getting Doneil Henry; decent veteran presence.

But I hope it's Latif Blessing. Even though he may be injured, solid right side / mid strength; youngish and versatile.

Qualitatively well known to BB. Contract expires end of this season?

Given some of the c-level Italian internet reporting, as well as the lack of any further or ongoing Toronto based rumours involving them and against the Diego Laxalt story... I have resigned myself to the notion that Mattia Destro and Domenico Criscito are likely not coming to TFC.