Page 2 of 193 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    An 80% healthy Criscito could be better than a 100% healthy Mavinga. I’ve always been a fan of Mavinga due to his recovery speed but after Saturday, I’m afraid that asset is no longer something to count on.
    Yes, I do worry a bit. By all means Chris is a loyal guy and a good ambassador for the club. But, it looks like Bradley will not be tolerating the adventures of Chris Mavinga on the ball and unless he gets a bit more consistent positionally, his starting spot is at risk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mimmo Criscito should be announced soon.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

leadership will be in no short supply on this team, and as a bonus we'll have a great mentor for the two youngsters who might need it the most in new roles.

Welcome to Mimmo Criscito in a few hours or days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our PK will be outstanding. Poz is like option 3 at best.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only the Tiraggiro man is clearly better - I still think Poz is #2, Jimenez is pretty good but not great and I can't think of anyone else other than Criscito who would even be debatable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just imagining the trio of Insigne, Poz and Criscito standing over a free kick just outside the box. Sean Johnson is already taking a shot of rum just thinking about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    leadership will be in no short supply on this team, and as a bonus we'll have a great mentor for the two youngsters who might need it the most in new roles.

Welcome to Mimmo Criscito in a few hours or days.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I was just imagining the trio of Insigne, Poz and Criscito standing over a free kick just outside the box. Sean Johnson is already taking a shot of rum just thinking about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Only the Tiraggiro man is clearly better - I still think Poz is #2, Jimenez is pretty good but not great and I can't think of anyone else other than Criscito who would even be debatable.
    This season almost all Insigne's goals have been PKs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not surprising especially after an announced loan to Pacific fell through. Luke was unlikely going to any real playing time here and in my eyes was never seen in the same light in terms of their future like JMR, Nelson, Okello and Priso. Was really only signed last year out of necessity.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was already mentioned yesterday, framed much better by, and discussed, with others.
    I believe that banter was moderated and appropriately deleted because it occurred in the wrong thread.
    The suggestion made was that Richie Laryea is not happy and may now want out of Nottingham Forest with a return to TFC/MLS.
    Perhaps due to his lack of pitch time; often not even making their bench.

Story broke by OneSoccer - Andi Petrillo
    https://onesoccer.ca/a/could-richie-laryea-return-on-loan-to-toronto-fc-from-nottingham-forest-2022-epl-mls

Andi dropping The Knowledge.
    Solid history of Work, Media and of course current Personal connects to TFC.
    Very interesting; implications?
    Should TFC still hold interest or have any will and the ability; budget/cap wise to engage, re:allocation cost?

With our luck, Richie gets picked up by TFCII, ahem, LAG!
    I suspect they are among the few others ahead of us on the latest allocation list.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 03-03-2022 at 01:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil'John View Post
    This season almost all Insigne's goals have been PKs.
    Yes, a detail to be highlighted and should be noted.
    I suspect that is why Bobo among others may be suggesting Insigne at a Striker role may not be an ideal option.
    Also, IIRC and for what it is worth, Criscito currently shares a similar goal situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No interest on a Laryea return for me. He choose his path and just because the grass actually wasn’t greener at NF doesn’t mean TFC should divert from the current group. Run out the kids we have now at RB/LB and see where it goes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Yes, a detail to be highlighted and should be noted.
    I suspect that is why Bobo among others may be suggesting Insigne at a Striker role may not be an ideal option.
    Also, IIRC and for what it is worth, Criscito currently shares a similar goal situation.
    True but that's mostly expected from a player that is soley a winger and even moreso for a defender.

That being said, I wouldn't use Insigne as a striker. Maybe a supporting striker but why move him around? Use him where he works best and is most used to. We have time to sign a CF and even if we didn't JJ is probably good enough for 2022.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No interest on a Laryea return for me. He choose his path and just because the grass actually wasn’t greener at NF doesn’t mean TFC should divert from the current group. Run out the kids we have now at RB/LB and see where it goes.
    If it is true that he wants to come back I really don't get where his head is at because why give up so easy. It takes time to work your way into a lineup and build the trust of the new coach and demonstrate your worth. Unless he thought his resume puts him in the starting lineup straight away. If so he is a little bit delusional about how things work. I would think he would have learned the whole work your way up thing with his experience in Orlando then coming here for a trial before making the starting lineup eventually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something is surely strange that he has no appearance on the field whatsoever and only sat on the bench on 2 occasions since his signing. Could be some buyer remorse here. Anyhow, lets see how the kids perform in the ensuing months.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    If it is true that he wants to come back I really don't get where his head is at because why give up so easy. It takes time to work your way into a lineup and build the trust of the new coach and demonstrate your worth. Unless he thought his resume puts him in the starting lineup straight away. If so he is a little bit delusional about how things work. I would think he would have learned the whole work your way up thing with his experience in Orlando then coming here for a trial before making the starting lineup eventually.
    Much like a lot of international players out there I suspect a lot of it is due to him wanting to be in solid form for Qatar.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Much like a lot of international players out there I suspect a lot of it is due to him wanting to be in solid form for Qatar.
    True that is the added factor to consider. I am sure you are probably correct but was never going to be easy for him to have it all after just completing a transfer. Bad timing maybe. But he has only been there for a matter of weeks. Qatar is in Nov. Maybe Forest could have loaned him to a club that plays in the summer for extra game time. There must be options to be able to stay with his new team now and still get some game fitness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For now, a dilemma for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    True but that's mostly expected from a player that is soley a winger and even moreso for a defender.

That being said, I wouldn't use Insigne as a striker. Maybe a supporting striker but why move him around? Use him where he works best and is most used to. We have time to sign a CF and even if we didn't JJ is probably good enough for 2022.
    To clarify, I share and am in agreement with your and Bobo's assessments on Insigne and Criscito.

JJ is the de-facto go to striker for now until an MD or AB arrives.
    He is the single striker in any such formation or can act as a duel striker or slot to RW(/LW) in others when Akinola is ready or they decide to play Perruzza.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luke Singh officially loaned to FC Edmonton in the Canadian Premier League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True that is the added factor to consider. I am sure you are probably correct but was never going to be easy for him to have it all after just completing a transfer. Bad timing maybe. But he has only been there for a matter of weeks. Qatar is in Nov. Maybe Forest could have loaned him to a club that plays in the summer for extra game time. There must be options to be able to stay with his new team now and still get some game fitness.
    I think if he's still not in the plans next season when Spence (who is the first choice wing back) will be gone, then something should be done to get him playing time somewhere (for Canada, not TFC's responsibility anymore). Of course by that time JMR might have won his spot, so maybe it won't matter anymore...
    Last edited by Canary10; 03-03-2022 at 12:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBackyard View Post
    Something is surely strange that he has no appearance on the field whatsoever and only sat on the bench on 2 occasions since his signing. Could be some buyer remorse here. Anyhow, lets see how the kids perform in the ensuing months.
    He isn't match fit is my guess. English teams are just about peaking in terms of fitness and performance. He was already most likely a rotational player at best, then factor in him being in off season mode, and the general increased requirements to play in the championship.

He needs to stop looking for a way out get up to fitness. Then give a good go for next year's PL or Championship season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forest is reporting today that Laryea has rubbished the claim, suggesting perhaps that an offhand comment has been blown into something it isn't.

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/20...onze-medalist/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kayln Kyle (who was on OneSoccer when they discussed the Richie news) is also saying it isn't true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

Kayln Kyle (who was on OneSoccer when they discussed the Richie news) is also saying it isn't true.
    This is Petrillo being a broadcaster, not a journalist, in all likelihood. Richie probably told someone at TFC that he misses playing week in and out and the people here, and that's gone through a couple of degrees of separation and a little homesickness becomes "return to TFC".

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Forest is reporting today that Laryea has rubbished the claim, suggesting perhaps that an offhand comment has been blown into something it isn't.

Cool. That is why I lead with "If it is true.." just for that very reason. I had a hard time believing the claim.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That link has no new reporting. It’s just rehashing Kaylyn Kyle’s tweet and Petrillo’s comments into an article.

We need to be careful with attributing aggregation to original reporting.

So far it’s just Petrillo’s version against Kyle’s tweet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

This is Petrillo being a broadcaster, not a journalist, in all likelihood. Richie probably told someone at TFC that he misses playing week in and out and the people here, and that's gone through a couple of degrees of separation and a little homesickness becomes "return to TFC".
    jloome, this is in general of your sandbox, what is protocol? Am I missing something, what gives?
    Did KK just call out a Tweeter for posting a narrative she herself discussed with other colleagues?
    One of whom 'broke it', on the very podcast the Tweeter is referencing?
    Am I wrong in my understanding?
    Shouldn't KK as a journo/broadcaster/pundit be stating, my colleague- AP misspoke, was misinformed, we discussed something not factually correct, etc... ?
    Not confirm in her own tweet 'this is a lie' referencing the original Tweet/Tweeter.
    Maybe I am misreading the way it is being presented, but to me it is coming across with a kind of attitude implying 'why did you perpetuate this' towards the Tweeter.
    She seems to be throwing the Tweeter under the bus and not her colleague Edit or herself!
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 03-03-2022 at 03:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going back to listen to the OneSoccer Today episode, seems like Kaylyn said it is maybe just some rumblings/frustrations. She mentioned she has a good realtionship with Richie. I'm guessing she reached out to Richie, he said no it's not true and now Kaylyn is sharing that.

The loan move back to TFC was never going to happen anyways. We'd have to give up $600k in GAM for the allocation spot plus take on his salary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inbetweener you have that right.

Not much to say other than the KK tweet is unprofessional.

I believe there could ultimately be something to the Laryea rumours, albeit not necessarily coming back here. Not being on the pitch for his club is not good for his CMNT standing.