Page 18 of 193 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one other thing that worries me about Bono is our ever present GK coach seems to love him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The one other thing that worries me about Bono is our ever present GK coach seems to love him.
    Don't get me started on the Eternal Conway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two new keepers and a new keeper coach will be needed in the winter window. I still would not be shocked to see Bono come back though. You guys seen how handsome he is?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I still would not be shocked to see Bono come back though. You guys seen how handsome he is?
    Maybe MacNaughton can help him get a modelling contract for some side income.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Maybe MacNaughton can help him get a modelling contract for some side income.
    Maybe MacNaughton can find Bono a full-time modelling gig, please please please?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any rumours at all out there?

for next year, I wouldnt be at all shocked to see us with a completely new midfield.

poz, oso, bradley all on last year of contracts (I believe).

i think at least two of them will leave, and if Bradley comes back it will be in a cheyrou role, where he plays every one in a while, and doing his coaching badges at the same time.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    any rumours at all out there?

for next year, I wouldnt be at all shocked to see us with a completely new midfield.

poz, oso, bradley all on last year of contracts (I believe).

i think at least two of them will leave, and if Bradley comes back it will be in a cheyrou role, where he plays every one in a while, and doing his coaching badges at the same time.
    Like it or not, Michael Bradley will only have his time reduced if Michael Bradley decides. That was true under Vanney and will continue to be true under Bob Bradley. Michael is an optimist, maybe overly so, but he's not delusional. At some point he will hang up the cleats.

Poz is likely gone.

Oso, hard to say. He's Toronto through and through, so not unhappy to play here, and he's fairly paid. He has had a desire to play in Europe but he's starting to get to be too old to make the switch. Maybe this WC will give him a last chance if he shows well.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    if Bradley comes back it will be in a cheyrou role, where he plays every one in a while
    We hope but there is really no guarantee. I was hoping he could see his own growing limitations and change his game but by watching him try to still be 2014 Bradley, it's clear he hasn't realized it yet. Not sure his Dad will see more risk than reward with his Son out there either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill " Two weeks/Two years" Manning.

Who is going to decorate BMO field with "manning out!"

2 weeks and 40% increase on season ticket prices- this guy is out to lunch.

This all is from when he tried to treating soccer contracts like North American Hockey and Basketball.

No excuses - all this time, unbalanced roster and positional needs are never being met- cant keep auro but have to cater to bradley who for some reasons tried to play the ball over the top when TFC had 2 man advantage, lowest IQ move I've ever seen, at the very least should have generated a shot.

Delgado and Osorio -was not flashy but never had complaints and always kept the flow and most importantly pushing the ball forward and not backwards to bono who gives it away

Manning out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude… it’s easier to get players in the summer market vs the winter market. Due to the MLS schedule being not concurrent with the rest of the world. the majority of the roster building is always done this way. Players are out of contract, season are over so teams can replace players easier if they are bought then in the winter window.

that being said…. This rebuild needed to be done in 2020, but here we are. Judge this team and management team by how it finishes this year and what it looks like to start next year, if not next summer. Calm down relax enjoy or don’t the kids playing because if the majority of them don’t show progression they will won’t be playing much once they fill out the roster

we have seen significantly worse players or line ups from this team. Braz, Bostock, Harmse, Saric, Iro and most recently Boyd and Dwyer. I could probably find another 30 players that are worse then anything we have on the pitch now. So please stop this non sense of Manning out
    Last edited by TheGoodson; 05-06-2022 at 03:23 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last time we had to do a complete roster overhaul was 2013 - the year of Bostock, Earnshaw, Convey, Ryan Richter...

And we didn't get it right until 2016

Build with youth please....don't panic & do all that again.

oh, and yeh, blame Ali Curtis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Bill " Two weeks/Two years" Manning.

Who is going to decorate BMO field with "manning out!"

2 weeks and 40% increase on season ticket prices- this guy is out to lunch.

This all is from when he tried to treating soccer contracts like North American Hockey and Basketball.

No excuses - all this time, unbalanced roster and positional needs are never being met- cant keep auro but have to cater to bradley who for some reasons tried to play the ball over the top when TFC had 2 man advantage, lowest IQ move I've ever seen, at the very least should have generated a shot.

Delgado and Osorio -was not flashy but never had complaints and always kept the flow and most importantly pushing the ball forward and not backwards to bono who gives it away

Manning out
    yes manning out,he is usl caliber,he has no cache in world soccer.big money owners buying out his mistakes,horrible marketing over priced tickets 10000 empty seats every game,he has lost touch with the supporter groups.im ok with the rebuild but not with him,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post

This rebuild needed to be done in 2020, but here we are.

Judge this team and management team by how it finishes this year and what it looks like to start next year, if not next summer.
    Read these two statements in your post in focus.

Now, re-assess whether it is reasonable to wait until Summer 2023 for a rebuild due in 2020.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning out
    Firmly in this camp. Have been for a long time. Will expound if pressed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning out
    Also firmly in this camp, for a very long time...

He is a sorry ass president for a team like TFC, practically destroyed almost everything that was built before him, back to about 2012 levels.
    He must have been kicked out hard together with his buddy Curtis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    yes manning out,he is usl caliber,he has no cache in world soccer.big money owners buying out his mistakes,horrible marketing over priced tickets 10000 empty seats every game,he has lost touch with the supporter groups.im ok with the rebuild but not with him,
    All these are extremely valid points!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

Now, re-assess whether it is reasonable to wait until Summer 2023 for a rebuild due in 2020.

The Goodson is saying the rebuild should have started in the summer of 2020 (the MLS cup run masked that & covid made nobody think beyond their comfort zone)

&

2022 summer is when the rebuild really starts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude… it’s easier to get players in the summer market vs the winter market. Due to the MLS schedule being not concurrent with the rest of the world. the majority of the roster building is always done this way. Players are out of contract, season are over so teams can replace players easier if they are bought then in the winter window.

that being said…. This rebuild needed to be done in 2020, but here we are. Judge this team and management team by how it finishes this year and what it looks like to start next year, if not next summer. Calm down relax enjoy or don’t the kids playing because if the majority of them don’t show progression they will won’t be playing much once they fill out the roster

we have seen significantly worse players or line ups from this team. Braz, Bostock, Harmse, Saric, Iro and most recently Boyd and Dwyer. I could probably find another 30 players that are worse then anything we have on the pitch now. So please stop this non sense of Manning out
    I’m no fan of Manning but otherwise agree completely with this post. People are pining for a short term fix that if it didn’t work would set us back even further.

It’s really tough to scout and replace so many players at once. I don’t have an issue with taking a few windows to get it right. But I expect more signings this summer other than just LA and by the time we start 2023 we should have a team ready to complete for a cup.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I’m no fan of Manning but otherwise agree completely with this post. People are pining for a short term fix that if it didn’t work would set us back even further.

It’s really tough to scout and replace so many players at once. I don’t have an issue with taking a few windows to get it right. But I expect more signings this summer other than just LA and by the time we start 2023 we should have a team ready to complete for a cup.
    Anyone that knows anything would see that this team was starting to slide downward in the 2018 season, under Manning watch we are here, out with Manning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

I’m not sure you get the point, the rebuild started this off-season. Instead of 2020 when it should have.

so yes two summer markets is what any new FO should get to shape their team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will curious to see what the strategy is coming with the next signings, will we see some home grown ones first ? Themi for instances can not be signed to another short term deal and Kobe has one left.

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The Goodson is saying the rebuild should have started in the summer of 2020 (the MLS cup run masked that & covid made nobody think beyond their comfort zone)

&

2022 summer is when the rebuild really starts.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not sure you get the point, the rebuild started this off-season. Instead of 2020 when it should have.

I’m not sure you get your own point?

If the rebuild should have happened in 2020 why does the FO deserve leeway to deliver all the way into Summer 2023. This isn’t a new FO. The only new piece is BB.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This really isn’t even debatable team was very decent in 2017 Where is it currently, who has been the club president in that time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, Manning has pooched a few things - Curtis being the biggest one. Also not telling Vanney to give a damn about the academy.

Only 1 team in MLS has remained a consistently good team once it got to the top & it remains to be seen if Seattle has blown itself up over its CCL win - they lost a DP to an ACL tear & have been CRAP most of this season.

The next closest thing has been Philly, who build through youth but only have 1 SS to show for it.

It is VERY tough in this league to remain consistently at the top. NOW, we were promised we would be kept there, by Manning & Bez - and then they made some serious errors in reacting to the 2017 win. Frankly, I think they all got punch drunk on Dec 2017 vibes - Seba said as much. I think we were sometimes ruthless to the wrong people - Beitashour, maybe Vasquez (but the money he was offered was insane), Morgan. They got the Seba call right.

There MIGHT be a way to remain consistently good but it involves getting there first & then being ruthless - Bruce Arena was like that for LAG when he was running them - we haven't had a ruthless GM yet (BB might be that but we will see).

Regardless, we are in a rebuilding season & every step Manning has taken since firing Curtis has been decent enough - Salcedo as a swap for the funky Venezuelan is looking like the weakest move so far.

As soon as Curtis made the call to not rebuild in 2020 & 2021, this year was always going to be a lost cause. And the longer you put off the rebuild, the worse it looks.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-07-2022 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok for all of you… manning has next nothing to do with the day to day running of the club and player recruitment…. He gets involved with agents and players when’s it is a dp signing of significant value that’s it… not the signing of homegrowns or trading Lawrence to Minnesota. He fucked the Curtis signing yes, but show me a president that doesn’t make mistakes or admit to the mistake and correct it and I will show you a liar and a fraud

so TFC just hired BB to run the club as manager and gm, so does he deserve 2 windows or not?

punting manning will change absolutely nothing and you will all find someone else to bitch about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He fucked the Curtis signing yes....
    Dude, I find your posts excellent generally but you've sort of skipped by the important part here rather quickly. He let his old friend run our club into the ground for four years, from being one of the league's powerhouses to being one of the weakest rosters out there, in need of a total rebuild.

He didn't just fuck the dog, he tortured it, starved it, left it marooned alone on an island for years then came back reluctantly and shot it.

Hiring someone utterly incompetent and misreading their persona and capabilities that badly is disqualifying for a club president.

If one fucks up that badly, he gets very little time to set it right, because he deserves very little time.

If we haven't gotten stronger in two windows, I'll be very surprised as -- as you mentioned -- I'm sure Bradley made sure he had carte blanche, within budgetary constraints.

But Manning seemed awfully involved in Insigne, or made himself seem such. He can't claim on the one hand to be involved in signing our biggest player but then also have no responsibility for the others.

Beyond all that, there's the mere fact that he did not have the judgement --as even many on this board did, and we're all rank amateurs -- to look at the players Curtis was signing and say, "uhhh.... NO."

If he doesn't have even the most basic understanding of how this league has transitioned to a more competitive level, how can he possibly assess whether the people he picks to run it are doing a good job?

On evidence, he can't.

EDIT: I will, for the sake of balance, note that I believe he got it right with Bradley. It's just that Bradley is a patient builder. He's not going to sign stopgaps. If he couldn't get exactly the players on his list (or the backup options etc), he's not going to grab 'available' seat fillers. And unlike Curtis, he's not incredibly limited in his knowledge of options.

Let's see what happens in the summer. But Manning's redemption sort of depends on BB nailing it. Again, on evidence, he'll build a winning team.
    Last edited by jloome; 05-07-2022 at 10:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok for all of you… manning has next nothing to do with the day to day running of the club and player recruitment…. He gets involved with agents and players when’s it is a dp signing of significant value that’s it… not the signing of homegrowns or trading Lawrence to Minnesota. He fucked the Curtis signing yes, but show me a president that doesn’t make mistakes or admit to the mistake and correct it and I will show you a liar and a fraud

so TFC just hired BB to run the club as manager and gm, so does he deserve 2 windows or not?

punting manning will change absolutely nothing and you will all find someone else to bitch about.
    I pretty much see it the same way you do. Not a direct comparison but in real life I’ve hired terrible managers and waited too long to correct the problem because I always had faith in my judgement and expected I could mentor the person thru. I think that’s what happened to Manning/Curtis where Manning knew he had a problem just waited too long to fix it thinking Curtis would improve. Point is I see what happened as a common business thing.

Anyways, for the season the path seems pretty obvious. BB recognizes what’s broken, fixed as much as possible during the winter without going with scorched earth nuclear option (which usually ends bad). So with only part of the pieces in place the smart thing to do is just ride it out, see what’s working or if the winter signings are good ones and just chill into the summer window. Basically everything looks pretty standard to me and likely what I do.

I get some of the Manning hate, I’ve done it too, but the look of TFC now kinda makes sense now that the sting of last year is not clouding my judgement.
    We know who the keeper pieces are, when the reinforcement signings arrive and the kids are separated into player/bust groups the picture gets pretty clear. That happens in July.

In the words of Eric Idle - Always Look on the Bright Side of Life
    Last edited by Webdogg; 05-07-2022 at 11:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After missing an important penalty last week, Criscito scored a stoppage time PK to put Genoa over Juve. Two games left to still save Genoa from relegation - only one point from safety.

Napoli also won today, but Insigne missed another penalty. Might need to see Jesus continue PK responsibilities for TFC at this rate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not really angry because I did not expect the team to be good. I do wish we had of got another piece or two in the past window, but the summer window is the smartest time to do transfer business. Just gotta stay afloat for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    After missing an important penalty last week, Criscito scored a stoppage time PK to put Genoa over Juve. Two games left to still save Genoa from relegation - only one point from safety.
    Going to be tough. Cagliari and Salternitana, the two teams the are battling with for the final safety spot, play each other tomorrow. That's an extra 1-3 guaranteed points they'll have to catch.