Page 17 of 193 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Who in the squad would you expect to start next year?
    Jiminez, Salcedo, & Priso. Also Osorio if he stays. Obviously Insigne too but he isn't technically in the squad yet so maybe not counting for this question.

Sadly maybe also Bono but I figure Bob can figure out that he is shit and is making too much money for what he brings to the table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Jiminez, Salcedo, & Priso. Also Osorio if he stays. Obviously Insigne too but he isn't technically in the squad yet so maybe not counting for this question.

Sadly maybe also Bono but I figure Bob can figure out that he is shit and is making too much money for what he brings to the table.
    I can only imagine that Bono is getting every start as an opportunity to prove his worth before his contract ends. I just can’t see it, but then again the FO seems inexplicably fond of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Alex Bono. Pretty sure he'll be our starter until the day he passes away.
    Who in the squad would you expect to start next year?
    Hopefully only Osorio, Jimenez, and maybe a couple of the kids. I’d be okay with O’Reilly, if he had a much better partner. A lot of the other veterans don’t seem to fit anymore. No matter how good they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Hopefully only Osorio, Jimenez, and maybe a couple of the kids. I’d be okay with O’Reilly, if he had a much better partner. A lot of the other veterans don’t seem to fit anymore. No matter how good they are.
    Do you mean Shane O’Neill?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Do you mean Shane O’Neill?
    Lol, thanks, yes I do.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/NickyBandini/sta...14650842218496

looks like Criscito missed a really importan penalty this weekend.

he'll fit in perfectly at TFC you'd think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two names to ponder in midfield with Bob Bradley connections - Mohamed Elneny and Latif Blessing. Both free agents in the next 9 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two names to ponder in midfield with Bob Bradley connections - Mohamed Elneny and Latif Blessing. Both free agents in the next 9 months.
    Both of those guys fit in with our new religious striker signing of Jesus. One is a Mohammed and the other is a Blessing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

elneny would be an incredible signing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silly stats of the week

We are the only team in the league without a PK for or a PK against.

We have committed the least amount of fouls.

We remain the team with the lowest amount of shots but the highest % of shots on target.

i.e. Our brain farts in defence are positional. We continue to try to dribble the ball into the box. Jesus is a god at goals / shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is begging for a rumor. So, here.

MikeForbes,

Much respect and appreciation for continuously trying to reignite this convo thread.
    I agree with those that advocate the TFC priority need is to address its lower spine; a L-CB and a Defensive MF Destroyer.
    One of these realistically should be a DP; substituting the Salcedo spot with typical MLS creative accounting realignment.
    Very interesting highlights and recommendations; solid candidates.
    Elneny would likely be unlikely due to the recent political baggage he carries.
    I do think Blessing is the comparatively and youngish MLS sort of stalwart we could use.

IMHO Mavinga and Salcedo cannot / should not play beside each other.
    As others have already alluded... Salcedo seems to be just a younger Mavinga Redux. We do need an in-their-prime and established DP Moor/Bradley like Redux at L-CB/D-MF.
    Apart from the series of injuries plaguing him of late and for the money allocated to him,
    Mavinga may have to be repurposed or transition in the meantime and be re-assessed to remain with TFC.
    Until the next window or the end of the season when he maybe moves on; IIRC his contract is up, although I believe he may have an option year.
    Maybe back to early career LB, even though it is being presumed Criscito is to arrive, perhaps a go at RB or even a try at D-MF?
    I threw this latter out-of-the-box thought down earlier in another thread and jloome kindly picked it up; thanks to him for trying to somewhat rationalize it.

PS,

The Cannavaro article was priceless. I hope it's smoke and mirrors, but it's origin and purpose is intriguing.
    I would not describe the newspaper as sketchy though. Very local/regional connects- Napoli and Campagnia.
    Where both Cannavaro and Insigne come from; hmmm?

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Lol, thanks, yes I do.
    No problem, Bamp Kerg.
    That's all I'll say about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://youtu.be/ycmxjvgaMHI

Buddy sent me this thought I would share.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post

Fun video! I still believe Vasquez, while highly rated, is still criminally under appreciated by our support. For me, he's the second best player to ever wear the red and was MVP of the cup win season. Absolutely adored him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post

That is awesome. I always knew Vasquez was highly rated as a teen. I didn't realize just how big the hype was. Best passer in TFC history and it isn't even close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

window closes tomorrow and opens july 7th...so it looks like 5 vets and tfc2 until july..yikes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    window closes tomorrow and opens july 7th...so it looks like 5 vets and tfc2 until july..yikes
    Yeah but imagine what kind of trash is available now. All you get after say Frebruary are retreads like Dwyer. I would rather pass on that and take my chances in another 7 weeks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but imagine what kind of trash is available now. All you get after say Frebruary are retreads like Dwyer. I would rather pass on that and take my chances in another 7 weeks.
    this is very true.

i'd rather play with the kids for another 7 weeks then end up with a dead end squad full of no hopers like mullins, dwyer, etc for years.

looking forward to see who else they are adding on top of insigne this summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley has such strong European and African contacts Id be surprised if we don't pick up a couple of top-notch free agents. The French league's pay is surprisingly disparate, with lots of decent players getting as much or less than they could get in MLS.

He was in Norway, too, which is also pretty affordable and provides a lot of players to other Euro leagues.

Insigne, a mobile DM, a pair of fullbacks and we're a different team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there’s a little bit of an over-correction going on with the forum in trying not to get inflammatory with criticism. Nobody, including me, expected this club to title contend this year, but being competitive is more than reasonable. With that, it is not crazy to suggest that the club’s inability to get deals over the line and organise the roster to be competitive by now is completely unacceptable.
    Bold looking very relevant when we’ve got one CPL fullback and are routinely filling the 18 with kids that have no business at this level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo’s deal winding down. Doesn’t fit BB style. Getting older. High value in the league. We’re not going to contend this year.

Recipe for AAA trade bait?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let’s fast forward to July. This setup was interesting to watch for a bit but I’m done for now.

Bring in the real players.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm done with MB. Just totally had it.

He has stretches but its time & he just doesn't fit how this team is being asked to play. A high press by a slow #8/#6 is death.

The local journos either don't see it or ignore it but the league ones & the US based have been saying it for a year now - MB just can't cover the ground anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    https://twitter.com/NickyBandini/sta...14650842218496

looks like Criscito missed a really importan penalty this weekend.

he'll fit in perfectly at TFC you'd think.
    He stays at Genoa to help his team survive the drop but misses a key penalty in a relegation dogfight against its big city rivals that doom it to demotion.

Seems like backing out of his TFC deal was a big L for both parties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna need some rumors ASAP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Gonna need some rumors ASAP
    Can definitely see the front office leaking a rumor to deflect from the current situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not holding my breath on any impact signings this summer.criscito will be one because he is insigni buddy,and i doubt they bring in a dm to replace his son.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    im not holding my breath on any impact signings this summer.criscito will be one because he is insigni buddy,and i doubt they bring in a dm to replace his son.
    There will be Criscito, a higher priced Italian FW, and at least one random FB from some odd league.

It's not normal for us in recent times but I wouldn't be surprised to see us trade a young player or two as well (like Okello or Priso) for some other random bench players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also trying to convince myself that Bob keeps trotting Bono out there, no matter how awful he looks positionally and in his reading of the game, to try to fool someone into picking him up in the summer for some TAM. Probably benching him would be better for his trade value than playing him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also trying to convince myself that Bob keeps trotting Bono out there, no matter how awful he looks positionally and in his reading of the game, to try to fool someone into picking him up in the summer for some TAM. Probably benching him would be better for his trade value than playing him.
    Might also be that Q has aged out, practically, or lost too much during his COVID fight.

More likely BB is as flawed as any of us and his self-belief with respect to fixing players is outstripped by Bono's weaknesses.

The thing is, he's a brilliant reaction keeper as we saw during the eighteen-save Chicago game in 2021. But he makes awful decisions almost every match and can't distribute to save his life. These both point to insufficient composure. If he doesnot have that at 28, he's not going to develop it.

We're going to let his contract Run out and someone else will sign him as a a backup on 200k or less, basically. But I can see BB a)
    thinking he might fix him and b) thinking our other options are no better right now, and we won't move him
    if he doesn't impress occasionally.

At least with the odd great game someone Might assume it's all because of our lousy defence and take a chance.