Page 143 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,290 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Wanna throw this in here. I respect Michael Bradley to no end and will forever say his debut game against Seattle is the best game we have ever seen from a midfielder in club history. But, never forget the best midfield duo we have ever seen. Also, the Liam Fraser hype train needs to crash into a mountain and just stop.

Forget the Fraser comments… the statement that we nearly won a supporters shield with a Delgado - Osorio midfield and for some unjustifiable reason, never went back to it again, is 100% accurate.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 07-28-2022 at 07:06 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/RaimondoDM/statu...834120192?s=19

Tfc linked to 32 year old cb luca cepitelli, recently of cagliari

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post

Would be perfect for the backline...

that being said the sooner we can replace Kosi the better

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The idea that people in here don't want youth to succeed is....weird. Every single youth has had a game this year where people were raving about their capability. Unfortunately, for most of them, its been only 1 game.
    as one of the biggest criticizers of the youth, you can only be hopeful for so long before you start thinking the other way. With Kosi, for example, there's growth in his game, there's actual learning you can see on the pitch. Still hopeful for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sign him up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    as one of the biggest criticizers of the youth, you can only be hopeful for so long before you start thinking the other way. With Kosi, for example, there's growth in his game, there's actual learning you can see on the pitch. Still hopeful for him.
    I think he’s got the potential to be a decent player and he is very on the young side as a 19 year old with a January birthday so lots of growth potential here. But I’m not at all convinced he’s a fullback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Forget the Fraser comments… the statement that we nearly won a supporters shield with a Delgado - Osorio midfield and for some unjustifiable reason, never went back to it again, is 100% accurate.
    I always really liked these two together, we should have aggressively pushed in that direction when it became clear we needed to move on from the older guard of the cup winning team. Instead we doubled down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goff reporting DC has acquired Ochoa from RSL for GAM.

Hamid now expendable and I saw a few people mentioning TFC being interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Goff reporting DC has acquired Ochoa from RSL for GAM.

Hamid now expendable and I saw a few people mentioning TFC being interested.
    Worth a consideration just on his high save rate percentage on Penalties?
    IIUC, @ 33%?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Ouch! But fair by some circles.
    Do not believe it is him though.
    A #BullS**tBillSearch based on 'current prologue' of a 'free' and the rumor's implication... 'that it is (also) an Italian (esque/dual)' and not just a SerieA player... suggests...

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spiele...=alle&yt0=Show

Also, anything is possible; that is, not necessarily a DP, but a TAM or REGSAL.
    A temp void and/or rotational fill.
    Someone identified, maybe young or by connect for stability and options.
    My 'logical' and 'au currant' 'priority' thinking being CB then RB then DDM(MB Replacement)

IMHO, the three most obvious or reasonable with a degree of 'cachet' on that list being...

1/ Belotti; FW/S and still available?
    It seems so, with 'Milan being the dream behind many of his contract rejections'.
    However, his childhood club is showing no interest.
    Roma and Napoli latest front runners.
    At Roma he would be a second/bench option though.
    For TFC, I guess it would be 'The Run And Gun' option; the offensive spectacle.

2. Luca Ceppitelli; CB and RB!
    A Cagliari stalwart.
    Has seen it, and played against, all in SerieA.
    Record of playing half to three quarters of a season.
    Injury Prone?

3. Davide Santon; A right footed full-back/wing-back/winger. Usually LB but lots of RB.
    Such a move would be in keeping with TFC's apparent plan to address the flanks.
    Has teams, leagues, winning, experience pedigree.
    Has lost starting positions to competition.
    Recently and usually played a third to half seasons
    Is minor injury prone.

I think the 'Fourth Italian' is possibly a consideration between Ceppitelli or Santon at high TAM?
    I would lean towards Ceppitelli if so.

Honorable mentions to Luca Ferrone and Carlo Pelagatti as strictly rotational options.
    WTF!?...
    As a member of TFC's Transfermarkt Scouting Committee, I approved of the selection on 13JUL22 Post #3028.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-28-2022 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Grammar

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    Just out of curiosity I am wondering what game they were watching because it was not the one I was. Not even close. He gave away the ball 95% of the time he tried to make a play.
    He was one of the more active players - but he was a dead end. More often than not, our play moving forwarded ended with him losing the ball or not making the correct run

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worth a consideration just on his high save rate percentage on Penalties?
    IIUC, @ 33%?
    I never really rated Hamid but he is for sure better than Bono.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This lingering rumour about Belotti... I truly don't know what to make of it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I never really rated Hamid but he is for sure better than Bono.
    Well BB knows him - https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-t...swansea-report and his salary is $481K or 40k less than Bono

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    This lingering rumour about Belotti... I truly don't know what to make of it.
    Well there is probably something to it based on money. He obviously doesn't want to come here but he also doesn't want to make 1/3 of what we're offering to be in a forward rotation.

I would be pretty happy if we just walked away from whatever we tabled and looked at other options that will balance us a bit more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano

New England Revolution striker Jozy Altidore is headed to Liga MX side Puebla. Deal at final stages, set to be completed. 🇺🇸🇲🇽 #transfers

U.S. international agreed to terms on a loan deal Wednesday with the Mexican club that will expire Dec. 31 of this year. #MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Belotti given how we've just been there as a last resort makes me feel like he'd be a Defoe situation. In that he'd come, then get annoyed that is 1) not as easy as he thought 2) might lose his national team spot. He'd then want to go home, but would want to keep his inflated salary and it'd be a nightmare to move him. We sort of lucked into Altidore and Salcedo being available for swaps of Defoe and Soteldo, but would it be possible a third time (and at an even larger salary).

Great player, absolutely. But I'm all for moving on and finding someone else with a greater interest in being here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    With Belotti given how we've just been there as a last resort makes me feel like he'd be a Defoe situation. In that he'd come, then get annoyed that is 1) not as easy as he thought 2) might lose his national team spot. He'd then want to go home, but would want to keep his inflated salary and it'd be a nightmare to move him. We sort of lucked into Altidore and Salcedo being available for swaps of Defoe and Soteldo, but would it be possible a third time (and at an even larger salary).

Great player, absolutely. But I'm all for moving on and finding someone else with a greater interest in being here
    I also dislike being someones last choice, but the transfer situations will be very different. Defoe had multiple teams who wanted him, Sunderland, QPR, etc. willing to pay a transfer fee and match his salary. Not the case with Belotti. Serie A and Italy as a whole is having financial issues. The Premier League is a very different animal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Belotti is in a bit of a different situation than Insigne/Criscito. Torino has mostly been a mid table club and Belotti hasn't had a chance to experience European club football or any trophies. In comparison, Insigne and Criscito have both gone deep in title races and played multiple seasons in Champions League/Europa League. They're probably both "content" with their accomplishments in club football. Belotti probably feels like he has unfinished business and if he's on the right club he could win a trophy in Italy/Europe, or at least make a deep run at it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Belotti is in a bit of a different situation than Insigne/Criscito. Torino has mostly been a mid table club and Belotti hasn't had a chance to experience European club football or any trophies. In comparison, Insigne and Criscito have both gone deep in title races and played multiple seasons in Champions League/Europa League. They're probably both "content" with their accomplishments in club football. Belotti probably feels like he has unfinished business and if he's on the right club he could win a trophy in Italy/Europe, or at least make a deep run at it.
    that's one way to look at it.

on the other hand, he's 28, on his last big contract of his career and his bargaining power is a lot less than it would have previously been due to his injury last season.

and one club is offering 2X what anyone else is.

anyways we'll see! prem starts in a week and serie a 2 weeks, very interesting he hasnt signed anywhere yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's one way to look at it.

on the other hand, he's 28, on his last big contract of his career and his bargaining power is a lot less than it would have previously been due to his injury last season.

and one club is offering 2X what anyone else is.

anyways we'll see! prem starts in a week and serie a 2 weeks, very interesting he hasnt signed anywhere yet
    Yeah for sure. No idea what it is that he's prioritizing. Does he want to compete for European trophies and make a really good living, or is he willing to come to North America to try something new and set up his great grandkids financially.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    I also dislike being someones last choice, but the transfer situations will be very different. Defoe had multiple teams who wanted him, Sunderland, QPR, etc. willing to pay a transfer fee and match his salary. Not the case with Belotti. Serie A and Italy as a whole is having financial issues. The Premier League is a very different animal.
    I wasn't referring to the transfer situation. It is more to do with the once they are here. If you don't come here at least somewhat willingly, but only because of the money, you're more likely to be unsatisfied. I don't expect TFC to be a Euro guy's first choice, but given it seems like we are way last (there's little interest in him in Europe, but he still doesn't want to come here) Yes, Insigne and Bernadeschi came here because we offered a lot of money, but I've gotten the sense that they were also somewhat interested in coming. I don't really know Belotti, but given how long this is dragging, I feel like there is a real lack of interest menaing in my mind, there is a far greater likelihood for him to become dissatisfied fairly quickly like Defoe did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember that it was reported months ago that his wife did not want to leave Italy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im hoping that cepitelli joins soon and can start at RB for us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF!?...
    As a member of TFC's Transfermarkt Scouting Committee, I approved of the selection on 13JUL22 Post #3028.
    Good call! And yes, last season Cepitelli missed only eight matches to injury but in the seasons before that back to 2017: 17, 19, 14, 13. Last season he was not in favour with his manger, I think, and so he played less often, perhaps less chance to become injured. Better keep Henry around….
    Last edited by los sonadores; 07-28-2022 at 12:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im hoping that cepitelli joins soon and can start at RB for us!
    According to transfermarkt, 310 career starts at CB, 14 at RB, 3 at LB, 3 as sweeper.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    According to transfermarkt, 310 career starts at CB, 14 at RB, 3 at LB, 3 as sweeper.
    so about the same number of games at RB as thompson, but at a far higher level lol.

still get him in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Remember that it was reported months ago that his wife did not want to leave Italy.
    I didn't know that (I probably just forgot), but it makes the delay make even more sense. Not an issue for me, I'm not going to dislike a player because he doesn't want to come here. I'd rather him not come if his family isn't on board with it. We've seen what family issues can do to players here (Ie. Pozuelo and Salcedo)

My point is basically I'd want a happy player of a slightly lower quality than an unhappy better player, since I feel the former would actually help the team win more on a whole. (That was actually one of the reasons I was initially one of those who said Junior Hoilett might be a better fit that Bernadeschi, because I didn't know much about Bernie and even though he was a much better player than JH, I wasn't sure about his interest level in MLS and if he'd buy in - which while still early, it very much appears like he has.)