Page 134 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,020 of 5785
  1. #3991
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    910
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, either this helps us, or we’re playing with 10 men in a crucial game. This assumes there are crucial games to be played this year…and yes I know that’s a bit of a stretch.

    Honestly at this point, recall Auro and see if this spaghetti roster sticks or not.
    Last edited by Smokecell; 07-22-2022 at 06:10 PM.

  2. #3992
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    862
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Does he ask Bradley for number 4 back

  3. #3993
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mutually beneficial six month deal.

    We needed depth, he needs play time before the world cup.

  4. #3994
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    4,284
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Does he ask Bradley for number 4 back
    The next tweet after asking;

    "Toronto FC has bought out defender Doniel Henry."

  5. #3995
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    116
    Posts
    19,787
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Does he ask Bradley for number 4 back
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gringo Starr again.

  6. #3996
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    13,962
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    It's an incredibly lazy signing, but whatever if it is only for the next 6 months.
    Yeah… I sort of feel that way too. Am I a bad person for preferring MacNaughton and O’Neill? We need a starter, not a backup.

  7. #3997
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,028
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I’m okay with Henry as depth, especially on a 6 month contract. Hopefully there is at least another CB or RB coming.

    I remember Henry’s last red for TFC. Hopefully his 5 yellow cards this season aren’t a continuing pattern.

  8. #3998
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    And he's back


    I'm not sure about this but if he's on the minimum, what the hell....he cares about the team.


    He will fight for the badge.
    Agreed. I see him playing the best football we’ve seen. Hometown and the World Cup coming up

  9. #3999
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 119
    Posts
    11,631
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Glad to have Henry back. We need the depth badly.

  10. #4000
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,442
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Does he have to buy Turkish property to get Cypriot citizenship or something before he can play?

    He had to do something like that when he left…
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  11. #4001
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,442
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also - remember this? One of the five best moments alltime for TFC, pre 2015…

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QQTNQK2VxUY
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  12. #4002
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,996
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Also - remember this? One of the five best moments alltime for TFC, pre 2015…

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QQTNQK2VxUY
    Very jealous your memory of positive shit is this good. I wouldn't have recalled this in a million years.

  13. #4003
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    647
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Also - remember this? One of the five best moments alltime for TFC, pre 2015…

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QQTNQK2VxUY
    Good memory, man!

    I’m always on the edge of my seat when Henry is on the pitch for Canada but in fact he’s played well. Looking forward to his return. He had a lot of promise when he left us, no question.

    So at least for the rest of this year we’ve got three Canada players.

  14. #4004
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If anyone touches an Italian


  15. #4005
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,442
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Very jealous your memory of positive shit is this good. I wouldn't have recalled this in a million years.
    Haha yeah, I remember that game because Defoe scored in like the 85th minute to tie… then this. We stole it. That just never happened for us. Still doesn’t , really.

    Point is, given the skill set of the Italians… we can use someone who can get in the air in the box…
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  16. #4006
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Frozen Swampland
    Posts
    17,323
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't hate Henry signing. But it's like getting another Mavinga. Good, but only if there is that commanding CB to keep them focused and not do stupid shit.

    TFC still needs to get a Drew Moor type of organizer CB.

    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

    I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

    And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

    -Eduardo Galeano

  17. #4007
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    985
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Doniel Henryyyy. Back to the 2013 days. Bring back Matias Laba as well.

  18. #4008
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    116
    Posts
    19,787
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just to go back to that empty stall beside Insigne

    In the lastest "All for One" on Insigne, you see the stall beside him was Poz

  19. #4009
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North York ON
    Posts
    477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pleasantly surprised this is a 6 month deal since tying diminishing assets to long contracts is kind of our MO. As is, there's alot to like here. He'll be an improvement over what we have this season, add depth and hopefully get a point or two in a write off season. If he proves himself we can renew, if not, he steps aside before the real work starts next season. Hard to see any negative here, it's not mind blowing but it's functional

  20. #4010
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    862
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I don't hate Henry signing. But it's like getting another Mavinga. Good, but only if there is that commanding CB to keep them focused and not do stupid shit.

    TFC still needs to get a Drew Moor type of organizer CB.
    We should bring back Moor and set him up with a coaching career, just get him back in the club somehow. It is amazing that we won in 2017 with Hags and Zav getting massive minutes-credit to Beita and Morrow as well.

    I know Henry is flawed but there is just something about having him come back that makes me smile. Plus its kinda funny that in the year we bleed youth we bring back our OG prospect as well

  21. #4011
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,442
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    We should bring back Moor and set him up with a coaching career, just get him back in the club somehow.
    He has talked about this, Drew went “home” to Colorado because that is where his family is setup and that is where he wants to build his post-playing career.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  22. #4012
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    862
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    He has talked about this, Drew went “home” to Colorado because that is where his family is setup and that is where he wants to build his post-playing career.
    Maybe his family would like to experience the Italian renaissance? There has got to be more Bodgers money somewhere to tempt him with.

  23. #4013
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,584
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    https://www.sportbible.com/football/...9YbvCKPWrW4dJs

    Appears Belotti is being offered to any Premier League team looking for a striker. But no takers as of yet. Interesting.

  24. #4014
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    It's an incredibly lazy signing, but whatever if it is only for the next 6 months.
    who can we get on equally short notice that you'd be happy with, because if this didn't happen, I see everyone complaining about how we punted the season by not signing a CB/defender

    'lazy', I call it 'expedient'

  25. #4015
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    13,962
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    https://www.sportbible.com/football/...9YbvCKPWrW4dJs

    Appears Belotti is being offered to any Premier League team looking for a striker. But no takers as of yet. Interesting.
    What am I missing here? Is it injury concerns?

    Seems like he’s sought after by Series A teams at moderate dollars but nobody else wants to bite. At this rate, not going to be surprised if he ends up as our 3rd DP. And I’d be pretty thrilled about that but wonder what the catch is.

  26. #4016
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,442
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1) Italian clubs have been terrible in European competition for a long time now.

    2) Name a big Italian player who has been great at a club in England, Spain or Germany over the last 10-15 years.

    I think this is why we are having success with Italians, and the problem Sassuolo may be having with Berardi also. I suspect Serie A production is viewed with rather more of a jaundiced eye in Europe than we perhaps realize.

    It's interesting to compare the case of Raphinha to Berardi. Both wingers, similar age (Raphinha 25, Berardi 27), both playing for lesser teams and unproven at a “big” club. The asking price: 50M in both cases. Berardi probably has the better stat line than Raphinha, more of a pure scorer, but Leeds got their 50M for Raphinha (more actually) in a heated auction with multiple big teams (Arsenal, Bayern, Chelsea, Liverpool) involved.

    Berardi just sits there, no news for weeks.

    (I am not saying Barcelona or anybody else should have been in on Berardi, just comparing the action for the two somewhat comparable players… I know Raphinha is a speed merchant, and that is what has everyone drooling about him. But Lewandoski sure isn’t, pure scoring/playmaking matters to people too.)
    Last edited by ensco; 07-23-2022 at 08:29 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  27. #4017
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    One is Brazilian and the other is Italian… that’s why

  28. #4018
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    1) Italian clubs have been terrible in European competition for a long time now.

    2) Name a big Italian player who has been great at a club in England, Spain or Germany over the last 10-15 years.

    I think this is why we are having success with Italians, and the problem Sassuolo may be having with Berardi also. I suspect Serie A production is viewed with rather more of a jaundiced eye in Europe than we perhaps realize.

    It's interesting to compare the case of Raphinha to Berardi. Both wingers, similar age (Raphinha 25, Berardi 27), both playing for lesser teams and unproven at a “big” club. The asking price: 50M in both cases. Berardi probably has the better stat line than Raphinha, more of a pure scorer, but Leeds got their 50M for Raphinha (more actually) in a heated auction with multiple big teams (Arsenal, Bayern, Chelsea, Liverpool) involved.

    Berardi just sits there, no news for weeks.

    (I am not saying Barcelona or anybody else should have been in on Berardi, just comparing the action for the two somewhat comparable players… I know Raphinha is a speed merchant, and that is what has everyone drooling about him. But Lewandoski sure isn’t, pure scoring/playmaking matters to people too.)
    Jeez, well...
    when you put it like that...
    Your right!

    I think for whatever reasons,
    between his own expectations and others' perceptions, the indecision,
    'Il Gobbo' is getting 'Draft Day-ed' and his rating is tumblin' down.
    I hope TFC are still contenders in this sweepstakes.

    https://youtu.be/DqO948A0bSE

  29. #4019
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,442
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    One is Brazilian and the other is Italian… that’s why
    I get what you are saying, there has to be some truth to it... but how much? It's not really in the data. Brazilians aren't exactly dominating this list...

    https://www.transfermarkt.us/statistik/saisontransfers
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  30. #4020
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    960
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    who can we get on equally short notice that you'd be happy with, because if this didn't happen, I see everyone complaining about how we punted the season by not signing a CB/defender

    'lazy', I call it 'expedient'
    Lol expedient are you related the Manning?
    TFC needed CB since moor and Beita.


    This should have been addressed and the fact it took almost two weeks with the combination of Henry being released is more similar to hiring Curtis, Armas and so forth lol.

    Wake up.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •