Page 133 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,990 of 5785
  1. #3961
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Are we interested in Aaron Ramsey as a box to box mid?

    Out at Juventus!

    I'd love that as the 6-month let's get you starts in the run-up to the world cup DP and see if we can have a go this year.

    Given his injury history I wouldn't want to swing for the fences as a multi-year DP if they are willing to spend as much as they have on LI & FB.

  2. #3962
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    16,315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    ^ I wouldnít rule out the whitecaps overpaying. They overpaid Cavallini. They need to sell tickets. It would be viewed as a way to get attention and one-up us as their Canadian rival.
    Is Cavaliniís deal done this year? They have 3 Dps if heís still there. (Gaul, African holding midfielder they just signed, Cavalini).

  3. #3963
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Where has it been confirmed that a 1-1-1 advances us?
    It wouldn't. Not sure why he said that.

    Going 1-1-1 means it's possible but it's far from guaranteed. It depends on how other teams do in their matches. If we go 1-1-1,theres a high chance there's another 1-1-1 team, then in comes down to goal difference. Could also be two 1-2-0 teams on top which would be better than 1-1-1. Heck, a team can win two games and still get eliminated (three way time of 2 wins 1 loss with 4th place having three losses.)

  4. #3964
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    67
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Georginio Wijnaldum on loan from PSG must be explored...6 month DM...solution to the box to box issue

  5. #3965
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    It wouldn't. Not sure why he said that.

    Going 1-1-1 means it's possible but it's far from guaranteed. It depends on how other teams do in their matches. If we go 1-1-1,theres a high chance there's another 1-1-1 team, then in comes down to goal difference. Could also be two 1-2-0 teams on top which would be better than 1-1-1. Heck, a team can win two games and still get eliminated (three way time of 2 wins 1 loss with 4th place having three losses.)


    based on past results it should be enough to get into the rd 16.

    Believe.

    Herdman is a great tactical and motivating coach!

  6. #3966
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    7,730
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EL DUQUE'----' View Post
    Georginio Wijnaldum on loan from PSG must be explored...6 month DM...solution to the box to box issue
    Yeah he's not coming to MLS.

    Reports are him to Roma.

    We need to be realistic when talking about players we could get and especially with some 6 month deal. That's not happening for anyone worthy of a DP spot period. Only some hack would accept a 6 month deal without another year and big money guaranteed. Plus we're useless for WC qualification because we'll be done playing in early October (most likely).

  7. #3967
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Is Cavalini’s deal done this year? They have 3 Dps if he’s still there. (Gaul, African holding midfielder they just signed, Cavalini).
    They have an option for 2023. They might be able to move him down to TAM next season - his salary is only $1.5M and the transfer fee might be fully amortized after this season.
    Last edited by noxx98; 07-22-2022 at 09:43 AM.

  8. #3968
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    67
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Who thought we would get Insigne AND Bernadeschi..never say never..

  9. #3969
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    502
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Itís a hard pass on Ramsey unless itís only 6mo. Even then, Iíd almost say only if itís less than TAM which isnít realistic.

    Iím also a Rangers fan and his recent loan there was disaster. Heís way too injury prone to eat up significant cap space.

  10. #3970
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    7,730
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Itís a hard pass on Ramsey unless itís only 6mo. Even then, Iíd almost say only if itís less than TAM which isnít realistic.

    Iím also a Rangers fan and his recent loan there was disaster. Heís way too injury prone to eat up significant cap space.
    I wouldn't even take him for that. We have enough problems without bringing the Arsenal Hex cloud to hover over us.

  11. #3971
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    116
    Posts
    21,427
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post

    We need to be realistic ....
    Dude....that's no fun

    Agree though, there are limitations - we can dream but....

  12. #3972
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    7,730
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Dude....that's no fun

    Agree though, there are limitations - we can dream but....
    It's a sad day when our dreams are of the likes of Aaron Ramsey.

  13. #3973
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,018
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When Aaron Ramsey was healthy he was great. I think he would have been good in MLS.

  14. #3974
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    7,730
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    When Aaron Ramsey was healthy he was great. I think he would have been good in MLS.
    He is a quintessential MLS 2.0 designated player type signing.

    He is too broken to play in MLS.

  15. #3975
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    based on past results it should be enough to get into the rd 16.

    Believe.

    Herdman is a great tactical and motivating coach!
    I do believe in the squad and think they definitely have what it takes to advance out of the group stage.

    All I'm saying is that going 1-1-1 is far from as automatic as you were making it seem. I went through the past world cups. Teams that go 1-1-1 have about a 50% chance of advancing. Those are still good odds, but still far from automatic. I'd be very happy if we go 1-1-1, regardless of whether we advance or not.

    Just that 4 points is still coinflip odds and not automatic. 5 points is usually the automatic number to guarantee qualification 95% of the time.

  16. #3976
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,088
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He is a quintessential MLS 2.0 designated player type signing.

    He is too broken to play in MLS.
    Agreed. Reminds me of LA Galaxy signing Douglas Costa.

    MLS teams should focus on:

    1. Young DPs with upside (Almiron, Taty, etc.)
    2. Veteran superstar DPs with gas left in the tank (Bale, Insigne, Beckham, Henry, etc.)
    3. In-prime players who want to be stars (Giovinco, Bernardeschi, Cucho, etc.)

  17. #3977
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    7,730
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Agreed. Reminds me of LA Galaxy signing Douglas Costa.

    MLS teams should focus on:

    1. Young DPs with upside (Almiron, Taty, etc.)
    2. Veteran superstar DPs with gas left in the tank (Bale, Insigne, Beckham, Henry, etc.)
    3. In-prime players who want to be stars (Giovinco, Bernardeschi, Cucho, etc.)
    Yup, exactly but I would aim to build around option #3 with some option #1's.

  18. #3978
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro

    I asked Michael Bradley during today's media scrum about his future and his contract. Told us he's not worried about it and that things will get sorted out. Sounds like he expects to be back at #TFCLive beyond this season.

  19. #3979
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5,436
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro

    I asked Michael Bradley during today's media scrum about his future and his contract. Told us he's not worried about it and that things will get sorted out. Sounds like he expects to be back at #TFCLive beyond this season.
    Nailed on starter and captain until he dies on the pitch.

  20. #3980
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    15,152
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Nailed on starter and captain until he dies on the pitch.
    God, letís hope not (on all fronts)

  21. #3981
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    4,328
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    if henry is the guy,( i dont hate it)what are and were the caliber of the other options
    sidenote...4 tickets in the RPB section are going for about 91 bucks ea,and so it begins
    Last edited by reggie; 07-22-2022 at 03:05 PM.

  22. #3982
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    7,730
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    if henry is the guy,( i dont hate it)what are and were the caliber of the other options
    sidenote...4 tickets in the RPB section are going for about 91 bucks ea,and so it begins
    I figure we need 5 CBs like we usually did during the good years to have depth. Next year we will only have MacNaughton & O'Neil from this season on the roster so we will stilll need a #1, #2 , and probably #3 CB next year. Henry can be the #3 or #4 no problem (depending on $$$).

  23. #3983
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    if henry is the guy,( i dont hate it)what are and were the caliber of the other options
    sidenote...4 tickets in the RPB section are going for about 91 bucks ea,and so it begins
    Yeah, I guess it is also the type of contacts or conduits TFC has?
    I mean, between BB and BM should we have been in on Palsson?
    Would he have been of interest to us?
    Is that squeeze worth the juice?
    Seems like an economical transfer, not sure about his player designation / salary.




    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-22-2022 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Wrong Manager: BB Not MB

  24. #3984
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    16,315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bob told the Sun at practise today that they’re looking at “several” defensive reinforcement options in this window. So they’re trying to get someone now. Doneil is one of those options but it seems clear not the only one.

    That’s good. It’s also a strong statement because it sort of contradicts he waffling from Manning the other day that they might not wait. It’s clear what the manager would prefer.

  25. #3985
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    116
    Posts
    21,427
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Manning has said Bob handles everything but the DP deals.

    If BB wants a defender, and the budget is there, there will be a deal.

  26. #3986
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    116
    Posts
    21,427
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Molinaro with the really good stuff about Bernadeschi & Insigne fitting into the team.

    https://www.tfcrepublic.ca/tfc-mls-i...i-bob-bradley/

    Again, if you want good content on TFC, he is a must.

  27. #3987
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Signing is done - even if not flashy, needed.

  28. #3988
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,754
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Great signing to land Henry until the end of the year.

  29. #3989
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    116
    Posts
    21,427
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And he's back


    I'm not sure about this but if he's on the minimum, what the hell....he cares about the team.


    He will fight for the badge.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-22-2022 at 06:08 PM.

  30. #3990
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5,436
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's an incredibly lazy signing, but whatever if it is only for the next 6 months.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •