Page 13 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He's already on loan for the season to Milton Keynes Dons in League One. Apparently doing quite well.
    He was doing well. Now he’s (again) starved of playing time and opportunity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    He was doing well. Now he’s (again) starved of playing time and opportunity.
    Geez, that kid can't get a break. He was playing well at Sheff Utd and they moved him to wingback, now he's not playing at Dons?

I assume it's the same as Ritchie: the coach has a team he prefers that is clicking, so he just sits on the bench. As it ever was in English football... I often forget how easy it is for even a great player to disappear on a team when they get on runs.

Doesn't happen much in MLS with the injury rates here, which are -- I have to assume due to travel, playing conditions and general skill level -- higher. Also more parity here, giving more competition and rotation.

He's a good winger. It seems loony for him not to be playing week in-and-out in League One.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Molinaro's interview with Manning, Manning said this

We still have another couple of players we’re going to bring in who fans are really going to like

This sounds like there are deals all but done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When are the start and ends of winter and summer transfer windows? Can someone please remind me?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    When are the start and ends of winter and summer transfer windows? Can someone please remind me?
    Per ESPN: Major League Soccer's first window will close on Wednesday, May 4. A secondary window will then run from Thursday, July 7 through to Thursday, August 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    In Molinaro's interview with Manning, Manning said this

This sounds like there are deals all but done.
    They've bungled too many deals now for me to care about anything other than results

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^100% this

“All but done” means squat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    ^100% this

Yeah, is "all but done" the new "two weeks"?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    They've bungled too many deals now for me to care about anything other than results
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    ^100% this

I am at the point now where every rumor or report I hear I just turn in my own head and remind myself "wait until they are holding the shirt" ... and even then I am still thinking to myself "they are going to get out of this somehow"
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    I am at the point now where every rumor or report I hear I just turn in my own head and remind myself "wait until they are holding the shirt" ... and even then I am still thinking to myself "they are going to get out of this somehow"
    I get this narrative but since Bradley got here and no matter what we see or hear from Manning, Bradley is the man behind what TFC is doing now, and since he arrived we haven't swung and missed on signings. Granted we mostly dumped players but the ones we did sign are all working out so far. I see no need to go on about Curtis failures or his two week thing anymore as that's in the past.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I get this narrative but since Bradley got here and no matter what we see or hear from Manning, Bradley is the man behind what TFC is doing now, and since he arrived we haven't swung and missed on signings. Granted we mostly dumped players but the ones we did sign are all working out so far. I see no need to go on about Curtis failures or his two week thing anymore as that's in the past.
    When Bez took over as GM, people here were saying that he was "just a capologist" and that TFC would continue on as not maybe the "worst team in the world," but something close. Cynicism due to incompetence takes a long time to dissipate.

It took having a drastic change in results to change people's minds.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    When Bez took over as GM, people here were saying that he was "just a capologist" and that TFC would continue on as not maybe the "worst team in the world," but something close. Cynicism due to incompetence takes a long time to dissipate.

It took having a drastic change in results to change people's minds.
    But that it takes one bad season or so to get people to revert to that line of thinking says something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    But that it takes one bad season or so to get people to revert to that line of thinking says something.
    It took them three years to successfully land a winger (Insigne) and that winger still isn't even at the club, so "success" carries a massive asterisk. Just one example of many obvious issues that were able to boil over into last season's tire fire. Like a slow moving collision, almost everyone on this board saw this club's issues. Whether or not the club also saw it coming they are still in the process of addressing overdue issues. Point being, it's not fair to say that cynicism is based on last season alone.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About Bez - love what he did to get us to 2017.

Almost destroyed the team that winter with various contract extensions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About Bez - love what he did to get us to 2017.

Almost destroyed the team that winter with various contract extensions.
    That and he struck out on VDW and Aketxe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    It took them three years to successfully land a winger (Insigne) and that winger still isn't even at the club, so "success" carries a massive asterisk. Just one example of many obvious issues that were able to boil over into last season's tire fire. Like a slow moving collision, almost everyone on this board saw this club's issues. Whether or not the club also saw it coming they are still in the process of addressing overdue issues. Point being, it's not fair to say that cynicism is based on last season alone.
    Difficult to go buy extra quality wingers when you're paying a forward almost $4M to do nothing not to mention the other money wasted on bad contracts. But they did sign Soteldo, who was a winger and at least decent but was also a dick. Gallardo was supposed to be that guy but I guess the Vanney & Bez's "long term" scouting of him wasn't as thurough as needed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That and he struck out on VDW and Aketxe.
    VdW was probably one of his biggest signing fuck ups. Not only was the signing a bust, it was done at the expense of losing a proven player in Steven Beitashour

With Aketxe we lost Cooper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    VdW was probably one of his biggest signing fuck ups. Not only was the signing a bust, it was done at the expense of losing a proven player in Steven Beitashour

With Aketxe we lost Cooper
    My favourite was “everyone else says this guy is cancerous but we don’t know where that comes from!”

Like talk about ignoring the obvious…At last Acetxe in theory could have worked out. Home sickness and Vanney’s penchant for nailing guys to the bench pretty quick didn’t help that one

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Home sickness and Vanney’s penchant for nailing guys to the bench pretty quick didn’t help that one
    * Excluding Zavaleta until the very end

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My favourite was “everyone else says this guy is cancerous but we don’t know where that comes from!”

Like talk about ignoring the obvious…At last Acetxe in theory could have worked out. Home sickness and Vanney’s penchant for nailing guys to the bench pretty quick didn’t help that one
    Ya he wasn't treated as a first team guy at all. But I think Cooper could've handled that much better than he did. As you said it should've worked out - but I don't think they expected Acetxe's drive to compete to wilt when not given first team treatment.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tfc twitter admin hanging out with Fabrizio Romano.

Can only think this is about creating another signing announcement (he helped them announce insigne too).

https://twitter.com/Eric_Giacometti/...uvypuICvQ&s=19

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Tfc twitter admin hanging out with Fabrizio Romano.

Can only think this is about creating another signing announcement (he helped them announce insigne too).

https://twitter.com/Eric_Giacometti/...uvypuICvQ&s=19
    Hopefully. We do seem to be doing a lot of work with Romano lately. Could be to do some sort of documentary about the Insigne chase/signing also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greg Ranjitsingh loaned to Toronto FC II

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Hopefully. We do seem to be doing a lot of work with Romano lately. Could be to do some sort of documentary about the Insigne chase/signing also.
    hopefully fab comes and catches a game this summer!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty sure that piece today was being done in Toronto - no way they fly out a PR staff member & a contract photog to film somebody in Italy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=OgtheDim;1957672]Pretty sure that piece today was being done in Toronto - no way they fly out a PR staff member & a contract photog to film somebody in Italy.[/QUOTE

that looks like fabs studio in Italy,maybe its about the 2 italians that are rumoured to be coming to tfc
    Last edited by reggie; 04-08-2022 at 07:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty sure that piece today was being done in Toronto - no way they fly out a PR staff member & a contract photog to film somebody in Italy.
    Looks like Eric is infact in Italy. My money is on an Insigne piece.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we are still undermanned, sort of like to USL Championship team vs MLS teams, its really difficult to perform well, and we dont have enough news and/or speculation about players coming in, going to be a very slow build it seems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently Napolia down to Fiontima (spelling?) down 1-0 early in the second half, and Insigne is on the pitch.

Actually Insgine just took a free kick from outside the box, and just went over the bar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Looks like Eric is infact in Italy. My money is on an Insigne piece.

Mertens Signing ?