Page 107 of 193 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,210 of 5785
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    I tend to agree with this. If any of us thought we were going to be top of the league or competing for top spot in the East we are daydreaming. I do think we could have been better positioned for when this window opened and we got some help coming in so we could push for the playoffs. But they now know who we can rely on as a sub off the bench.

I got curious this morning and started doing a little searching to find out how many minutes most of these kids had coming into this season. Not all are starters and we did already have a bit of experience on the field but really how can this many players have this amount of minutes and expect to compete. Not to mention 5 of them have suffered pretty bad injuries.

McNaughton, Petrasso, Chung, Thompson, Kerr and I even added Jimenez all with -0 mins
    Perruzza- 135
    Rutty- 439
    Nelson- 445
    Priso - 749
    Okello - 873
    Achara - 916
    Shaff - 1,806
    Ayo - 2,068
    Even if you include the bottom 3, they total 7,431 combined MLS minutes of playing time coming into the start of this season..
    by comparison Shane O'Neil had 10,546- yes he is 28 and older, still makes mistakes. If you go further and check Oso who is a lock to start for us he had 18,208.
    Anyway, this was just a bit of an exercise I wanted to check out. I known we all knew they didn't have much experience but just a reference for anyone interested.
    you are a shining light of data my good man

this kind of tells me one thing: we decided to bring up TFC II to play TFC I minutes like people were asking for last year to play the yutes and it probably wasn't the best idea to do it all at once.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi10 View Post
    Yep he's tweeted an apology today and referenced some off field issues. Feel for the guy. When he's healthy and motivated he's still a force, but like Altidore it's rare both those boxes are checked at the same time. Hopefully these CB issues are becoming glaring early enough in the window to address asap.

The other thing with him is speed was one of his greatest assets. Fast enough to cover for his own and other's positional lapses...if that's one of the first attributes to deteriorate with age it's going to have a big impact on his performance as he pushes into his 30s.

https://twitter.com/Chris_Mavinga/st...22238168711168
    hey i feel for the guy,,,part of this is on BB,he seems so stubborn and arrogant with his systems and lineups,switch it up start a shaff for nelson or a rutty for kosi,and give mavinga some time off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we hurry up and get that signature? Happy to let him borrow my pen

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    hey i feel for the guy,,,part of this is on BB,he seems so stubborn and arrogant with his systems and lineups,switch it up start a shaff for nelson or a rutty for kosi,and give mavinga some time off.
    Not sure I am ready to blame BB for Mavinga. He missed 11 matches earlier and if he knows or thinks he can't go because of a mental health issue then he has to speak up. We are pretty accomodating with things like this as all workplaces should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Can we hurry up and get that signature? Happy to let him borrow my pen
    Someone get on a rollerblade and deliver him a pen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Not sure I am ready to blame BB for Mavinga. He missed 11 matches earlier and if he knows or thinks he can't go because of a mental health issue then he has to speak up. We are pretty accomodating with things like this as all workplaces should be.
    Guys been having issue for at least the last two years. Mutually terminate the contract so everyone can move on like Salcedo and go back to Europe so you're closer to family.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I think a decent portion of the starting 11 was having trouble managing all of the kids around them not being where they should be.
    Yeah true. Having less kids in the 11 provides a better development experience for the rest. But I doing think you can pin it all on the kids. Last night Mavinga and O’Neill both made big errors leading up to that first goal. We’ve seen Salcedo make errors. Lots of other guys struggling on occasion.

Osorio is the only guy who has consistently brought the level up. Everyone else has been a mixed bag this year.

If his development is still stuck at the point from when he first played with TFC, then that is a pretty good indication of why he got cut by LAFC (a team with ambition) and why other teams haven't picked him up yet. He's not good. he just happens to have experience so people just think he's good. He hasn't developed his game at all. He's still a kid fumbling around the pitch. Not a seasoned vet
    I agree, he’s flawed. Made poor choices later on too. He had the chance to go to Porto instead of West Ham. Also, other mid-level clubs that had more of a focus development of developing talent and probably made more sense than trying to jump directly into the prem.

But still, if you’re a young player looking to develop, i don’t think the pathway TFC is providing is ideal here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont know if BB believes that mavinga is having off field issues,if you read his lips last night after he came off injured

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Guys been having issue for at least the last two years. Mutually terminate the contract so everyone can move on like Salcedo and go back to Europe so you're closer to family.
    Mavinga posted a followup that one of his children has been having significant health issues and has been spending a lot of time at Sick Kids. I recall he missed a game or two last season when his daughter had some health emergencies.

Ideally in situations like this there would be some form of salary cap relief (e.g., Mavinga takes time off from the team to sort through things, and we're able to sign someone to fill in his cap space), but I also understand that he wants to keep playing in order to prove himself to sign his next (and potentially last) contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

·here we go again

Quote Tweet
    Fabrizio Romano
    @FabrizioRomano
    · 6m
    Toronto FC are preparing contracts to sign and then announce Federico Bernardeschi on free agent deal. It’s imminent, verbal agreement in place as reported earlier this week. �������� #TorontoFC

Bernardeschi left Juventus on a free and he’s now ready for MLS new

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sign that thing. We need Bernie here for the 23rd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eric usually only tweets stuff like this when an official announcement is incoming.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Eric usually only tweets stuff like this when an official announcement is incoming.

Probably announced today or tomorrow, hopefully him and insigne are starting vs charlotte.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When he alluded to the Poz trade it took two days for it to be officially announced. Hoping Bernie can be official tomorrow though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by R.O.; 07-14-2022 at 01:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But what is interesting is that there are reports that say they are close to ANOTHER Italian. Talk market inefficiency. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't link the tweet, but the other Forbes is still pushing Belotti on Twitter.

If I was the agent for any Italian free agent or free agent to be, I'd immediately be telling Fabrizio that they're in talks with TFC just to try and drive up the price of their clients.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R.O. View Post
    But what is interesting is that there are reports that say they are close to ANOTHER Italian. Talk market inefficiency. lol
    it could be belotti if we're being honest, the monaco links have dried up.

insigne belotti bernardeschi in MLS would be insane lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post

If we did actually get Belotti, I could definitely see Ayo traded for additional GAM and the u-22 slot opening up for a defender.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I won't link the tweet, but the other Forbes is still pushing Belotti on Twitter.
    Of course he is. That's his bread & butter. If he gets this right he will be patting himself on the back through Tweets until 2023.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually beat out Fulham...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we did actually get Belotti, I could definitely see Ayo traded for additional GAM and the u-22 slot opening up for a defender.
    Or Nestor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pushing JJ out while employing a house league backline would be so TFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Pushing JJ out while employing a house league backline would be so TFC.
    i mean he'd probably get a game whenever any of those 3 are injured, so would play a lot too.

i'd also imagine in the offseason it'll be easier to fix the backline with more wage flexibility with bradley 1.6 M contract up, mavinga and bon out of contract.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    actually beat out Fulham...
    Was TFC in competition with them on anyone? I know there's been Romagnoli links to both, but Fulham weren't in on Berna or Belotti as far as I know.

Speaking of them though, RB Cyrus Christie was released and would be a huge upgrade on our current options...solid in championship a bit outmatched in the prem but likely fits on Gam/Tam

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they could bring in belotti and trade akinola for a top mls CB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they could bring in belotti and trade akinola for a top mls CB
    Love this idea

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi10 View Post
    Was TFC in competition with them on anyone? I know there's been Romagnoli links to both, but Fulham weren't in on Berna or Belotti as far as I know.

Speaking of them though, RB Cyrus Christie was released and would be a huge upgrade on our current options...solid in championship a bit outmatched in the prem but likely fits on Gam/Tam
    Matte Moretto said that there was competition from them.