Page 102 of 193 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Michael Bradley plays CDM at this club - don’t you know?
    lol...the elephant in the room. No one is supposed to bring that up....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    So just to make sure I didn't miss anything after that very disappointing draw Saturday night...and getting only 1 point out of our easy 3 game home stretch against 3 very bad teams depleted with injuries and 2 flew across the country, and one even sent their reserve team against us....we gave up another 2 goals at home and now have not got a clean sheet in 27 league games in a row...have the worst goals against in the entire league (or second/third)..and are currently out of the playoffs despite being the highest payroll in the league...whew...yikes...but okay, where do we stand...

We dump our best player (by far) to a division rival for essentially nothing

We don't address the elephant in the room that is the Mikey Bradley DM spot that....we dumped his replacment and didn't sign one either to ensure Mikey will continue to always play 90 minutes no matter what

We don't address at all the right back position at all and have an academy player there that isn't a defender and we wonder why we leak goals...

We lose our best CB and don't replace him. We now have a trio of mavinga (who apparently wasn't good enough to start the majority of the games at the start), journeyman o'neil and a csl'er mcnaugton as our back three....the worst cb trio in all of mls by far...expect the many more goals against and no clean sheets to continue..

Our "transformational" signings that were promised haven't happened and its a week into the windwo...and we play again tonight without Insigne.....

Do I have all this right?

And yes, the club is shilling jacked up season tickets for next year already on the basis of us missing the playoffs again this year?

Yes, I am a glass is half empty kind of guy...I don't believe the bs the argos president manning spews as he created this mess...and coach daddy who made the idiotic decision to go with no full backs and ridiculous subs that cost us like the other night doesn't inspire any confidence...even with his magical "system"....I dont see much of a system....I see chaos...

But oh well, did I miss anything?

Anyways, lets win tonight. If we lose yet again and then in Montreal, Manning better be gone...and the Bradley's I'll give them to end of season, and both need to be gone as well, they have all done enough damage already.

Vamos!
    Just added this guy to my ignore list instead of engaging.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 07-13-2022 at 06:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If management doesn’t have another DP to fill in that last spot with Bernie coming in , who cares about that 150 thousand for Poz even if he was going to walk for free next year.. imagine having Poz as a free floating striker in the middle (like Vanney did in 2019 when we went to the final ) and Jiminez off the bench

Insigne — Pozeulo — Bernadeschi
    Kaye ——Bradley —- Osorio

Now that would’ve been entertaining to watch.

… let’s hope management has some sort of surprise for us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Ouch! But fair by some circles.
    Do not believe it is him though.
    A #BullS**tBillSearch based on 'current prologue' of a 'free' and the rumor's implication... 'that it is (also) an Italian (esque/dual)' and not just a SerieA player... suggests...

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spiele...=alle&yt0=Show

Also...

IMHO, the three most obvious or reasonable with a degree of 'cachet' on that list being...

1/ Belotti
    2. Luca Ceppitelli
    3. Davide Santon

I think the 'Fourth Italian' is possibly a consideration between Ceppitelli or Santon at high TAM?
    I would lean towards Ceppitelli if so.

Honorable mentions to Luca Ferrone and Carlo Pelagatti as strictly rotational options.
    Further to my nonsense on this...

If it is a DP then 'go big or go home'; why not?

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/s...30961766203392

Lets swing for the fence that is known as Kalidou Koulibaly!
    States he is 'open to a new challenge' and may have 'family' considerations.
    Be a great back line 'French Connection' for this and maybe next year at least.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-13-2022 at 06:39 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    If management doesn’t have another DP to fill in that last spot with Bernie coming in , who cares about that 150 thousand for Poz even if he was going to walk for free next year.. imagine having Poz as a free floating striker in the middle (like Vanney did in 2019 when we went to the final ) and Jiminez off the bench

Kaye ——Bradley —- Osario

very possible that Poz was supposed to move but Salcedo was a bit of a wild card

that being said gimme some CB depth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Just added this guy to my ignore list instead of engaging.
    Its a discussion board bro. Attack the arguements, not the poster.

I just posted my opinion and mixed in with facts as well.

I spend alot of money on this team (the wife is pissed but hey, she spends a tonne shopping so its even...lol) and want the best. Am calling it like I see it.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post

Kaye ——Bradley —- Osorio

That would have been excellent and lots of goals/goals/goals.

Only issue is the defensive side, we need some defenders even with offensive firepower like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    very possible that Poz was supposed to move but Salcedo was a bit of a wild card

Fully agreed. There has to be some North American CBs that can help us? Not flashy, just no nonsense commanding presence at the back to solidify us there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, going into the rest of the season with only Mavinga, McNaughton & O'Neil as CB's with Criscito as a possible just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Need a starting CB.

Mavinga's regression needs to be addressed somehow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Anything is possible if we sign enough Italians, hold each other’s hands and dream ✨
    Com'on everyone!
    Lets fight those clouds of uncaring!
    It's time to Care Bear Stare Together!

https://youtu.be/dN_s1EJbIn4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeh, going into the rest of the season with only Mavinga, McNaughton & O'Neil as CB's with Criscito as a possible just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Need a starting CB.

Mavinga's regression needs to be addressed somehow.
    Definitely Og. Mavinga was so good before...but now making lots of critical mistakes like the errant ball leading to the first last game....or somehow his man getting by him for a breakaway in extra time as well...

If Criscito can play some CB that would help...would provide a calming influence but then left back is a problem again....

Bottom line, we need a CB right away. Not sure what we are waiting for unless we have thrown in the towel on any chance of making the playoffs....then not getting a CB after letting Salcedo go all makes sense then.

And please for the love of God, no Mikey Bradley at CB...he gets torched there....can't mark guys tight, doen't have speed to go up against quick forwards and can't win headers....so no to that if bb is planning to do so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Unfortunately, he was not a quick study. Or even a slow study. His only achievement might have been to become the main character of Ensco’s novel.
    Thank you for remembering that. I recently had a kind of stunning postscript to that thing, which I will post about one of these days.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't put much into this at all but some random guy on football Twitter keeps insisting we're working on getting Rodrigo Nestor. I had to Google who that was and I doubt there's anything to it but what the hell? Why not throw it in here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I wouldn't put much into this at all but some random guy on football Twitter keeps insisting we're working on getting Rodrigo Nestor. I had to Google who that was and I doubt there's anything to it but what the hell? Why not throw it in here.
    can we define random guy

also weren't we talking about him quite a bit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think JLoome brought it up earlier…. If I was TFC I would try and sign Atuesta as a dp, he played extremely well for BB he’s only 25. I think he would be the perfect 6. I looked at his stats and he’s not starting or getting a lot of playing time.

build a midfield of oso, Kaye and Atuesta with the potential of insigne jesus and bernadeschi upfront. They could score a lot of goals. My only concern would be the lack of pace in the midfield. But it can’t be any slower than what we have now.

I think the purge of the defence will happen over the winter. Remember there is a 2 month break in football/soccer due to the World Cup so I think it will be easier to acquire a commanding cb on a tam deal then. Punt Mavinga and sign one cb from outside of the mls and find one in the mls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nestor was linked to TFC a little bit in the early days of us trying to offload Soteldo. Could definitely be a fit if they wanna go with a young DP and open two additional u-22 spots.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    I think the purge of the defence will happen over the winter. Remember there is a 2 month break in football/soccer due to the World Cup so I think it will be easier to acquire a commanding cb on a tam deal then. Punt Mavinga and sign one cb from outside of the mls and find one in the mls
    Probably will be the keeper decision then, as well… are there any Julio Cesar’s out there that need playing time?

Mavinga needs to play with someone who keeps him focused and intense, he played much better with Criscito. When 44 left the game intensity dropped. Watch the last goal, a bit unfair but he reacted very late to the turnover. With one minute left in a 2-1 game, ball in your final 1/3… you would think everyone would be deeper and focused on the play.

Remember, we dont necessarily need a DP CB but definitely a TAM level who can command the line.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 07-13-2022 at 08:08 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    I think JLoome brought it up earlier…. If I was TFC I would try and sign Atuesta as a dp, he played extremely well for BB he’s only 25. I think he would be the perfect 6. I looked at his stats and he’s not starting or getting a lot of playing time.
    It was me, maybe jloome did too

This guy makes deep lying thread the needle passes, he would be perfect. This plays sticks out in my mind because I watched it live

“What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed on Atuesta. Does he need to be a DP though? Perhaps on account of the transfer fee but could be bought down later

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    "They’re following that pattern again this summer, but it feels like this new crop of players — coupled with the inevitable additions that will come this offseason, particularly at the back — have better odds of getting TFC back on track."
    Here's the exact quote from The Athletic on defenders. It doesn't say they won't sign defenders this window, but it makes it seem defenders are coming in the offseason.

Tom Bogert (one of the more reliable deal breakers) said "Nothing imminent or advanced between the Colorado Rapids and Toronto FC involving Mark-Anthony Kaye" and then he broke the deal three days letter. I find a lot of the US MLS journalists are really hesitate to say something is going to happen until the ink has fully dried and press releases are drawn up. That said, Singh is probably a bit premature with saying how close Berna is.
    IMHO, I suspect this signals a less likelihood that any defender/s would be an import/international player.
    And a more likelihood of being attained from within the MLS; out of contract?
    Maybe 'an understanding' already exists with someone/s?
    Does the Bosman Ruling apply to MLS?
    Maybe a poster is willing to identify a few such viable candidates?
    If it's not within MLS, then the winter window should carry a transfer fee right?
    Unless, like LI we begin negotiating on a Bosman and get a pre-contract for the next summer window.
    I think this strategy/wait would be 'A Bridge Too Far".
    I believe, yet am not sure if any transfer fee has MLS cap/budgetary implications?
    Believing it might, I prefer the 'free' acquisition route; which for me means 'this' window if it is an international.
    Maybe this years World Cup and break throws a beneficial monkey in the wrench?
    Obviously we, that is BB, for his vision, would want the best fit; player.
    However, doesn't any 'free' aspect save TFC money in the short term?
    At the very least allow some of such monies to be repurposed or re-positioned towards a salary to further entice that player signing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know Nico isn't trustworthy, but have we seen anything else that Berna's new agent is D'Amico? I couldn't find anything else on Twitter...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    IMHO, I suspect this signals a less likelihood that any defender/s would be an import/international player.
    And a more likelihood of being attained from within the MLS; out of contract?
    Maybe 'an understanding' already exists with someone/s?
    Does the Bosman Ruling apply to MLS?
    Maybe a poster is willing to identify a few such viable candidates?
    If it's not within MLS, then the winter window should carry a transfer fee right?
    Unless, like LI we begin negotiating on a Bosman and get a pre-contract for the next summer window.
    I think this strategy/wait would be 'A Bridge Too Far".
    I believe, yet am not sure if any transfer fee has MLS cap/budgetary implications?
    Believing it might, I prefer the 'free' acquisition route; which for me means 'this' window if it is an international.
    Maybe this years World Cup and break throws a beneficial monkey in the wrench?
    Obviously we, that is BB, for his vision, would want the best fit; player.
    However, doesn't any 'free' aspect save TFC money in the short term?
    At the very least allow some of such monies to be repurposed or re-positioned towards a salary to further entice that player signing?
    I definitely think TFC’s plan is to always try to get a player on a ‘free’ and entice them with a higher salary. As others have mentioned before, it’s TFC’s way of being competitive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know Nico isn't trustworthy, but have we seen anything else that Berna's new agent is D'Amico? I couldn't find anything else on Twitter...
    Maybe it’s a misunderstanding because D’Amici is brokering deals?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post

This is what I think too. I think the Salcedo thing caught them off guard when the wheels were in motion for Poz but they had to help Carlos out with the family situation. It sounds like TFC are real good that way these days with their players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has been mentioned that at one time it may have been/was previously Pastorello at P&P Sport Management.
    A current 'Big Kahuna'.
    If D'Amico snaked Fede... wow!
    Maybe a 'joint' venture?
    Signing by the sun, sea, and white marble at the feet?

Edit: Seems he left Mino 'Tony Soprano' Raiola last year before he died for Pastorello.
    D'Amico likely 'brokering' the deal as Kamp Berg suggests.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-13-2022 at 09:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Maybe it’s a misunderstanding because D’Amici is brokering deals?
    That would make the most sense. TFC has probably been the best thing to happen for D'Amico's career.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    This is what I think too. I think the Salcedo thing caught them off guard when the wheels were in motion for Poz but they had to help Carlos out with the family situation. It sounds like TFC are real good that way these days with their players.
    It continues to build a rep that MLSE treats their players well, even if it's not in the interest of the team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Thank you for remembering that. I recently had a kind of stunning postscript to that thing, which I will post about one of these days.
    Please do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It was me, maybe jloome did too

This guy makes deep lying thread the needle passes, he would be perfect. This plays sticks out in my mind because I watched it live

I’d be thrilled with this but I don’t think Bradley will sign a replacement for his son (who is playing better than he had in recent years) anytime soon. A back up seems more likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LINK?