Page 101 of 193 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 5785
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Playoffs are not going to happen. They always were only really a potential but unlikely scenario - we would have to have hit on 2 decent youths, have Poz being able to work within the BB system & have Salcedo solidify our defence.

Enough things went wrong for this scenario to not have much hope of working out this season.

The Cup final though - that is doable.
    Yes.

I'm ok with a transition year with no playoffs along as we see a team that can contend next year start to come together in the remaining games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    this is a total clown show,we give away a DP to a potential playoff rival,without another dp confirmed.lawrence is starting every game and we are paying for that,auro is being paid by tfc,no d help this window,busy window my ass,more guys leaving then coming in the argo president is mr bs
    Did we ever get an answer as how we got shafted on this deal other than he was a trouble maker?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playoffs are still possible with help from other teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I guess it all depends if they beat Chicago and Montreal then we will know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playoffs are not going to happen. They always were only really a potential but unlikely scenario - we would have to have hit on 2 decent youths, have Poz being able to work within the BB system & have Salcedo solidify our defence.

Enough things went wrong for this scenario to not have much hope of working out this season.

The Cup final though - that is doable.
    Winning the Canadian Championship is an absolute must. We are spending too much money to not be in the CCL, and eventually make a real run at winning the competition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Playoffs are still possible with help from other teams.
    Anything is possible if we sign enough Italians, hold each other’s hands and dream ✨

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    This is always how transfers work. Someone says it is done prematurely, the agent leaks something trying to get a couple extra bucks, the agent gets it and they close.
    My beef was never about the agent asking for more $$$, it was always about tipping our hand and Manning saying how much more would you like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my pick for another Italian: https://www.transfermarkt.us/roberto...spieler/197471

Roberto Gagliardini is a 28 year old CDM with Inter with 1 year left on his contract. He was a rotational player this past year and has asked for more playing time this upcoming season or to be sold. He seems to be a strong defensive and physical player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Here's my pick for another Italian: https://www.transfermarkt.us/roberto...spieler/197471

Roberto Gagliardini is a 28 year old CDM with Inter with 1 year left on his contract. He was a rotational player this past year and has asked for more playing time this upcoming season or to be sold. He seems to be a strong defensive and physical player.
    Michael Bradley plays CDM at this club - don’t you know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Michael Bradley plays CDM at this club - don’t you know?
    Sorry Bob - I'll retract my proposal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our set piece quality is going to be so much better with those two. Any chance we can get Omar G back to help with some headers in the box?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gagliardini, Oso, and MAK WITH Insigne and bernardeschi! Championship here we come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

father bob doesnt like that idea,maybe MB will be the next dp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know some people won't like to hear this, but for salary cap purposes, MB was likely classified as a DP for the first half of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Bob - I'll retract my proposal.
    Good lad, now run a lot or you’ll be in Miami with Pozuelo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nothing but love for MB heart and soul guy a true legend.but iwant him to retire at the end of the season and become prez of the club so manning can go to a usl or aaa baseball club thats more his speed

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good call.

makes a ton of sense, i reckon itll be a cdm/ cm as well

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get its "Bob is incompetent because he hasn't done anything since Friday and we lost (sorry tied) a game on Saturday" day but do we have to act like English newspapers & have the attention span of gnats?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get its "Bob is incompetent because he hasn't done anything since Friday and we lost (sorry tied) a game on Saturday" day but do we have to act like English newspapers & have the attention span of gnats?
    it's true, i feel like people on the verge of breaking down on here, so critical of everything the club does.

we're bringing in quality european players in their prime and have a good coach. this is how we've had success in the past.

trust the process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    it's true, i feel like people on the verge of breaking down on here, so critical of everything the club does.

we're bringing in quality european players in their prime and have a good coach. this is how we've had success in the past.

trust the process.
    Oh but it isn't happening "right now"! We require immediate solutions to perceived problems. Not just immediate, though, immediate and good.

I cannot be expected to wait a whole week for a major signing to be completed, can I?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only problem is that O'Neill or Nelson or one of the other kids is going to get in the way and block Insigne's beautiful volley...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gagliardini has spent much of his time - certainly in recent years - as a mezzala, not in Bradley's position. He's really poor by Inter's standards, but I guess he'd do a TAM job in MLS.

Come to think of it, he's basically to Inter what Bernardeschi was to Juve: the butt of jokes, even among his team's fans. So maybe there's room for him here after all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Gagliardini has spent much of his time - certainly in recent years - as a mezzala, not in Bradley's position. He's really poor by Inter's standards, but I guess he'd do a TAM job in MLS.

Come to think of it, he's basically to Inter what Bernardeschi was to Juve: the butt of jokes, even among his team's fans. So maybe there's room for him here after all.
    Yeah, after I posted about him I did some more digging and it seems Inter fans on Twitter are not his biggest fan. Also he has a foot injury and isn't ready to play yet. So let's move him to next year's Italian shopping list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just realized that Berna is a left footed attacking mid...what's the downside...Diego Maradona Vela,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If FB signs i am calling it he will be the best assist man in MLS. We will forget about Poz in a flash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yep. Manning may or may not have his hands dirty with the signings but he’s ultimately responsible for how things go for the club.
    Yep. Of course. Hence ensco's use of the term 'beard'. Put in place by the king or his 'hand' to distance and protect; the cut out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post

Ouch! But fair by some circles.
    Do not believe it is him though.
    A #BullS**tBillSearch based on 'current prologue' of a 'free' and the rumor's implication... 'that it is (also) an Italian (esque/dual)' and not just a SerieA player... suggests...

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spiele...=alle&yt0=Show

Also, anything is possible; that is, not necessarily a DP, but a TAM or REGSAL.
    A temp void and/or rotational fill.
    Someone identified, maybe young or by connect for stability and options.
    My 'logical' and 'au currant' 'priority' thinking being CB then RB then DDM(MB Replacement)

IMHO, the three most obvious or reasonable with a degree of 'cachet' on that list being...

1/ Belotti; FW/S and still available?
    It seems so, with 'Milan being the dream behind many of his contract rejections'.
    However, his childhood club is showing no interest.
    Roma and Napoli latest front runners.
    At Roma he would be a second/bench option though.
    For TFC, I guess it would be 'The Run And Gun' option; the offensive spectacle.

2. Luca Ceppitelli; CB and RB!
    A Cagliari stalwart.
    Has seen it, and played against, all in SerieA.
    Record of playing half to three quarters of a season.
    Injury Prone?

3. Davide Santon; A right footed full-back/wing-back/winger. Usually LB but lots of RB.
    Such a move would be in keeping with TFC's apparent plan to address the flanks.
    Has teams, leagues, winning, experience pedigree.
    Has lost starting positions to competition.
    Recently and usually played a third to half seasons
    Is minor injury prone.

I think the 'Fourth Italian' is possibly a consideration between Ceppitelli or Santon at high TAM?
    I would lean towards Ceppitelli if so.

Honorable mentions to Luca Ferrone and Carlo Pelagatti as strictly rotational options.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-13-2022 at 06:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So just to make sure I didn't miss anything after that very disappointing draw Saturday night...and getting only 1 point out of our easy 3 game home stretch against 3 very bad teams depleted with injuries and 2 flew across the country, and one even sent their reserve team against us....we gave up another 2 goals at home and now have not got a clean sheet in 27 league games in a row...have the worst goals against in the entire league (or second/third)..and are currently out of the playoffs despite being the highest payroll in the league...whew...yikes...but okay, where do we stand...

We dump our best player (by far) to a division rival for essentially nothing

We don't address the elephant in the room that is the Mikey Bradley DM spot that....we dumped his replacment and didn't sign one either to ensure Mikey will continue to always play 90 minutes no matter what

We don't address at all the right back position at all and have an academy player there that isn't a defender and we wonder why we leak goals...

We lose our best CB and don't replace him. We now have a trio of mavinga (who apparently wasn't good enough to start the majority of the games at the start), journeyman o'neil and a csl'er mcnaugton as our back three....the worst cb trio in all of mls by far...expect the many more goals against and no clean sheets to continue..

Our "transformational" signings that were promised haven't happened and its a week into the windwo...and we play again tonight without Insigne.....

Do I have all this right?

And yes, the club is shilling jacked up season tickets for next year already on the basis of us missing the playoffs again this year?

Yes, I am a glass is half empty kind of guy...I don't believe the bs the argos president manning spews as he created this mess...and coach daddy who made the idiotic decision to go with no full backs and ridiculous subs that cost us like the other night doesn't inspire any confidence...even with his magical "system"....I dont see much of a system....I see chaos...

But oh well, did I miss anything?

Anyways, lets win tonight. If we lose yet again and then in Montreal, Manning better be gone...and the Bradley's I'll give them to end of season, and both need to be gone as well, they have all done enough damage already.

Vamos!
    Last edited by Hala Hrvatska; 07-13-2022 at 06:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or at the very least contract extended 3 more years and he (as we saw last game) is now the set piece taker again...lol

I can imagine Mikey going to take free kicks out of Insigne's hands...his ego is big enough. lol