Page 178 of 193 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,340 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    With latif blessing right behind him...
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Latif Blessing as a utility midfielder would be incredible...
    I expected Latif at TFC during previous window.
    IIRC, he may have made posts indicating he was not happy at LAFC.
    Lots of LAFC competing depth added recently.
    Doubt option will be engaged.
    Me always appreciates Ghanaian footballers.
    As leedsandTFC suggested about Sean, I believe Latif has a prior and good relationship with Bob.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would any of the LAFC Free Agent / Out of Contract D Footballers be worth a consideration?
    Either of Franco Escobar (D-R), Ryan Hollingshead (D-L/R) or Sebastien Ibeagha (D-C/R/L)?
    I presume as a pairing / second to leading candidate NYRB Free Agent / Out of Contract D Footballer Aaron Long (D-C)?
    I have wavered about Mavinga. Will his option be engaged?
    Not sure about MLS/PA Salary Rules.
    Is there value holding on to him if TFC would be able to resign at a 'much' lower amount; say circa 500k? I think so.
    For example, CB and depth line-up of Long, ? (I may go with RH), Mavinga, MacNaughton, O'Neil?
    I am a little uncomfortable with the optics of that recent social media post explaining Mavinga's situation regardless of who may have wanted it instigated.
    Maybe Bell Media should have passed on being involved / sponsoring the post?
    It would just be awful if 'they' let him go after being 'exploited' by the Bell/Mental Health agenda.
    Maybe it is an indication he is staying?
    Maybe, as I believe already mentioned by others, he ends up in MTL.
    I think Mavinga's situation with health care for his children may be a priority factor and consideration for him similar to Ciman's.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 09-10-2022 at 08:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It begins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would make sense for him to leave now since we aren't making the playoffs. Helps him and the CMNT.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming Oso can get better from whatever ails him, he's likely better to be here as a certain starter for a couple of games then in Greece as a maybe & dealing with getting resettled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There will be a lot of bullshit flying around about Oso. This is his agent starting to apply some pressure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    There will be a lot of bullshit flying around about Oso. This is his agent starting to apply some pressure.
    Also of all the MLS people who could tweet this, Veth is the one I trust the least. He’s been completely refuted multiple times and blatantly wrong about simple MLS rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Also of all the MLS people who could tweet this, Veth is the one I trust the least. He’s been completely refuted multiple times and blatantly wrong about simple MLS rules.
    But best I recall, he normally doesn’t flog bad rumours though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is he's going to go, would prefer we sold him now.

could get a little for him, and have this settled before the new year so we can get on with planning for next season.

he's been great this year but he's getting the wrong side of 30 now and picking up more and more injuries (only started 20 games this season).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hope this has some basis in reality, as it might mean Oso isn’t hurt, but is instead sitting in anticipation of a transfer.

I also think it would be better for him to be in full training right up until the WC, settled or not. As it stands, he will be doing nothing for 6 weeks.

Looking at the Panathinaikos roster on transfermarkt and wiki (I know nothing of the league or team), they have a lot of talented looking wingers (including Bernard from Everton) and at DM, but only have one true CM, a 23 year old from Slovenia with limited experience. From 30,000 feet, I can imagine Oso having an opportunity in his natural position, as a true CM, and doing well with this caliber of player.

Some part of me hopes it is not true. All of me hopes he gets a boatload of money, whatever he is doing.
    Last edited by ensco; 09-13-2022 at 06:58 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting problem for TFC. They obviously badly want Oso to go to Doha as a TFC player. But then they want the right to walk away. I wonder if Pana would let them call it a loan for three months. Doubt it.

TFC don’t appear to price the risks of the problems that arise when in favour guys that are playing, with good options, play out their contracts right to the end. This isn’t a Gareth Bale situation.

The guy wants to try something new and can make more money elsewhere. It seems it would have been smarter to either sell him last year, or extend him last year and then sell him now, which is how many other teams would have handled this.

I hope they just let him go, if this is real and it is what he wants.
    Last edited by ensco; 09-13-2022 at 07:17 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Interesting problem for TFC. They obviously badly want Oso to go to Doha as a TFC player. But then they want the right to walk away. I wonder if Pana would let them call it a loan for three months. Doubt it.

TFC don’t appear to price the risks of the problems that arise when in favour guys that are playing, with good options, play out their contracts right to the end. This isn’t a Gareth Bale situation.

The guy wants to try something new and can make more money elsewhere. It seems it would have been smarter to either sell him last year, or extend him last year and then sell him now, which is how many other teams would have handled this.

Our contract management is flat out really bad, in every way. Extending when we shouldn't, letting key assets just run down their deals, we're consistently making pretty poor decisions in this area

I'm happy for Oso either way. If this is what he wants, sucks for us, but I'm happy for him. I am a little surprised, though. Would wages in that league be higher than a TAM MLS player? Either way, if it's what he wants, I hope he goes and kills it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 09-13-2022 at 07:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Our contract management is flat out really bad, in every way. Extending when we shouldn't, letting key assets just run down their deals, we're consistently making pretty poor decisions in this area
    Agreed. It starts at the top with Manning who continually escapes any accountability. And then his decisions on manager and on down. Throw a pile of money at the Italians to try and fix the problem but glaring holes everywhere else.

If Oso goes, we are left with way past it MB, Mak (still don't understand what he does that is so special?) and what Nelson/Okello in the midfield? Yikes. We've seen how badly the midfield has been overun since Oso went out...

For what its worth, I don't think Oso has a legimate offer. This is to put pressure on tfc to get a big extension. And then in two years (with his injury concerns now also) we'll be saying why did we resign him on a big contract, he's 30 now.

We are just mismanaged from top to bottom. Time to clean house and bring in a competent front office.

I like Oso, and hope we keep him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Athens club with a rich history.
    Among the best or better of the Greek league; domestic or international play.
    Recent years... a decline in performance.
    Stadium half the size of ours.
    Serbian coach with historical playing and coaching ties to the region.
    If his consideration of this team is for 'the experience'... maybe... fine.
    If it's, even partially, about getting paid... hard pass!
    Footballer with highest wage, their DM, at circa 1107046.10CAD/YR!
    Few years back, pre-pandemic, team even went on strike for wages owed!
    Greece is in a perpetual economic crisis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panathinaikos_F.C.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/panathi...ite/verein/265

https://salarysport.com/football/sup...panathinaikos/

https://www.currency.me.uk/convert/gbp/cad

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...r-unpaid-wages
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 09-13-2022 at 09:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kloke saying on Twitter that he has new info about Oso’s injury in his latest article. Anyone have a subscription to The Athletic and know the details?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Kloke saying on Twitter that he has new info about Oso’s injury in his latest article. Anyone have a subscription to The Athletic and know the details?
    Here it is:

In an interview with The Athletic, Osorio said he sustained a head injury in a July 13 loss to the Chicago Fire.
    “It’s a lingering thing,” Osorio said.
    He added that the injury is not a concussion.
    “There’s nerves that have been irritated and are causing me concussion-related symptoms,” said Osorio. “I want to come back symptom-free.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Here it is:
    Thanks!
    Shit, that actually sounds pretty concerning. Nerve issues can drag on for a long time and can be really tricky and frustrating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But best I recall, he normally doesn’t flog bad rumours though.
    I think he had us interested in a Vancouver defender, which was then shot down. He also had Vancouver interested in signing Akinola, but he didn’t understand at first that because of the MLS CBA Akinola isn’t a true free agent and couldn’t be signed by another MLS team. He also was off on the transfer fee for MacNaughton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Totally agree.

My bet is they tried to put paper in front of him last year but it wasn’t an attractive enough offer to lock him up. And they didn’t fully think through the consequences of what would happen if he walked.

What do we think it takes to get Osorio to sign and forgo looking at Europe? I’m guessing it’s something just outside of the TAM range, like $2 million for three years or whatever.

But I also wonder how much he wants to play next to MB and deal with the politics around here. If I were him I’d waive goodbye. Skeptical we’re going to “fix it” next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I also wonder how much he wants to play next to MB and deal with the politics around here. If I were him I’d waive goodbye. Skeptical we’re going to “fix it” next year.
    Whether this is or isn't the case, having MB as our SOLE captain (we're one of only two teams out of 32 with only one captain) and his father as the coach cannot be creating a harmonious dressing room.

Players have to trust their captain to hear their grievances. But in the offseason, his opinion likely contributed to a lot fo who stayed and who went.

That's not the role of your "inspirational" locker room leader.

He should let go of the role next year (and start less). This team needs harmony, trust in another. THey've come out with poorer body language game after game.

The wins led to a couple of happy team photos, but no cohesiveness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I think he had us interested in a Vancouver defender, which was then shot down. He also had Vancouver interested in signing Akinola, but he didn’t understand at first that because of the MLS CBA Akinola isn’t a true free agent and couldn’t be signed by another MLS team. He also was off on the transfer fee for MacNaughton.
    My thought on that was, those rumours were perhaps directionally correct but he screwed up the details.

Vancouver interested in Akinola? I could see it. I could also see us shopping for a defender. The MacNaughton transfer fee is an odd though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agree.

Me as well.

Lawrence and Auro were dumped on MB's word to BB...I strongly suspect. And no doubt, everyone (apart from the Italians) walks on egg shells around MB because they know anything they say will go to BB.

Another note, the armband has to be removed from MB. Give it to the Italians, they are the leaders of this club and respected.

Oso is looking for that one final big pay day. And I am sure he loves the club being a local guy, but being part of the 3rd playoff miss out of 5 and not having likely little confidence in the Bradleys/Manning to fix this has to be on his mind also. Time is ticking, and he not only wants to be paid, but wants to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Whether this is or isn't the case, having MB as our SOLE captain (we're one of only two teams out of 32 with only one captain) and his father as the coach cannot be creating a harmonious dressing room.

Players have to trust their captain to hear their grievances. But in the offseason, his opinion likely contributed to a lot fo who stayed and who went.

He should let go of the role next year (and start less). This team needs harmony, trust in another. THey've come out with poorer body language game after game.

In my business the harsh interpretation is often the appearance of a potential conflict is enough reason for people to avoid a business relationship.

No matter how upstanding Mike and Bob might be, it can’t exactly squeaky clean. Manning and the board looked past a lot of potential pitfalls here to allow this to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Realistically Oso shouldn’t sign until his value peaks, which is likely immediately after the WC when he is a free agent everywhere (including MLS).

There is nothing to gain for him in re-signing with us right now unless the terms are absurd. There will be serious MLS competition for his signature at the least at a very good number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Criscito said in an interview there’s no real leader in the dressing room, it’s basically MB, Oso and the Italians leading by committee or something.

MB needs to let go I agree. Such a major conflict of interest for the captain to be the son of the coach. An uncomfortable situation to be a player in that environment I’d imagine on perception alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Criscito said in an interview there’s no real leader in the dressing room, it’s basically MB, Oso and the Italians leading by committee or something.

MB needs to let go I agree. Such a major conflict of interest for the captain to be the son of the coach. An uncomfortable situation to be a player in that environment I’d imagine on perception alone.
    I started my career working for my father’s company and no matter what I did there was always distrust in me from the workers and my father’s partner(for different reasons), and pressure from my father to do whatever it took to help the company. There was no way to settle the situation because everyone believed what they wanted to, regardless of the reality of the situation. Can’t say I blame anyone either, except my father, for not understanding that I couldn’t be outside of management and have a harmonious workplace. It’s hard enough just to deal with peoples personality differences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

If we re-sign Oso he should get the arm band, no question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with this, but we all need to accept there's a 0.0% chance of Bradley giving up the captains role or not playing any minutes while fit next season. We'd sooner jettison the Italians and just start the rebuild over again than do that. I don't agree with it whatsoever, but it is what it is

As someone else said, even if MB and BB were not talking whatsoever and maintained a perfectly normal captain/manager relationship it doesn't matter, the appearance or potential for issues is more than enough to influence how people act around himn