Page 104 of 193 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... How about those two open DP spots?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He has been though if you look objectively. It's not because he's been amazing. He's been average most of the time and that's better than everyone else who has been consistently starting for us because most of them have been terrible more often than average.
    I’m mixed on this. Yes, he’s doing a lot of productive things and there’s nobody to step into that spot (even Priso, clearly he wasn’t there yet).

But the lack of pace really makes life difficult for others out there. He gets blown by and left for dead on occasion. Often he just stands in a spot where he concedes the space cause he knows he’s not getting there on time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WhoScored has Bradley as our 4th best player this season (5th if you include Criscito), with a rating of 6.73. His past two games have also been his best and fourth best games of the season. His numbers are comparable to 2018/19, although no as strong as 2014-17. Caveats apply of course, but statistically he's been decent.
    https://www.whoscored.com/Players/22...ichael-Bradley

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    WhoScored has Bradley as our 4th best player this season (5th if you include Criscito), with a rating of 6.73. His past two games have also been his best and fourth best games of the season. His numbers are comparable to 2018/19, although no as strong as 2014-17. Caveats apply of course, but statistically he's been decent.
    https://www.whoscored.com/Players/22...ichael-Bradley
    One truth about this board is that there is always one player that is being singled out in a negative light. If you're related to the coach it's even more likely. Just remember Eriq Zavaleta.
    If Bradley was a DP it would be entirely justified as he's not playing at that level, but he's not a DP.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley is failing the eye test, for me. Not saying the advanced stats are irrelevant.

I don’t think MB will be satisfied with mediocre, or with being a role or depth player. I expect him to leave end of this year, and don’t think it's worth it to spill a lot of electrons on it.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    But the lack of pace really makes life difficult for others out there. He gets blown by and left for dead on occasion. Often he just stands in a spot where he concedes the space cause he knows he’s not getting there on time.
    I see it different and I saw it twice clearly last Saturday; he saw two of the young guys totally blow their positioning and/or jogging after a turnover and he initially lunged a quick step forward to cover for them but he realized he can't anymore so he stayed in his zone. Before he would have overextended to help but he shouldn't have to. If the young guys with speed, stamina, and youthful reaction times were more engaged and trying to get in positions to help instead of jogging back after we lost the ball then Bradley's lack of pace wouldn't be as problematic. Most of them minus Nelson & Petrasso are guilty of this multiple times per match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m mixed on this. Yes, he’s doing a lot of productive things and there’s nobody to step into that spot (even Priso, clearly he wasn’t there yet).

The first goal the other night he literally stood there with Oneil as the ball was passed by him and a second later, it was in the back of the net. Yes Mavinga had the giveaway but he was nowhere to be found to prevent the easy ball past him. Others need to work extra hard covering for his lack of pace...and ironically, MB is supposed to be the stay at home shield covering for others. Many other examples of us getting sliced open right up the middle as he can't get there to prevent the pass or at least alter the angle of where its going....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    The first goal the other night he literally stood there with Oneil as the ball was passed by him and a second later, it was in the back of the net. Yes Mavinga had the giveaway but he was nowhere to be found to prevent the easy ball past him. Others need to work extra hard covering for his lack of pace...and ironically, MB is supposed to be the stay at home shield covering for others. Many other examples of us getting sliced open right up the middle as he can't get there to prevent the pass or at least alter the angle of where its going....
    That goal was from Kosi & O' Neil's wing after a classic turnover in a poor area and that's where most of our problems originate. On this one Bradley's job isn't to get over to that wing and defend that pass in. O'Neil lost his positioning and drifted too far forward and I can't even remember where Kosi was but if we kept shape then that goal never happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Here's the highlights where the goal happens: https://youtu.be/3CdAWOHE1TI?t=17 (17 seconds).

Mavinga is deep on our left side and kicks into the centre of the pitch as a give away. He probably should have booted it further down field.
    Kosi needed to recognize sooner that the ball was going to be turned over so he could move to close down SJ's left winger. However once the left winger receives the ball, Kosi does a decent job closing him down.
    O'Neill misreads it however and moves out to try and cover the LW. He needed to recognize that Mavinga was still out on our left side and hasn't been able to recover into the box yet. This gives the SJ striker ~8 feet of space and shifts O'Neill's momentum going the opposite way.
    MB does jog back, but I think he feels O'Neill should have his man locked down. If he sprints back it ends up leaving a large amount of space in behind him for SJ's attacking mid (i think #14) to move in. So he needs to stay a bit in the middle, particularly since O'Neill should have it covered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That goal was from Kosi & O' Neil's wing after a classic turnover in a poor area and that's where most of our problems originate. On this one Bradley's job isn't to get over to that wing and defend that pass in. O'Neil lost his positioning and drifted too far forward and I can't even remember where Kosi was but if we kept shape then that goal never happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Here's the highlights where the goal happens: https://youtu.be/3CdAWOHE1TI?t=17 (17 seconds).

Mavinga is deep on our left side and kicks into the centre of the pitch as a give away. He probably should have booted it further down field.
    Kosi needed to recognize sooner that the ball was going to be turned over so he could move to close down SJ's left winger. However once the left winger receives the ball, Kosi does a decent job closing him down.
    O'Neill misreads it however and moves out to try and cover the LW. He needed to recognize that Mavinga was still out on our left side and hasn't been able to recover into the box yet. This gives the SJ striker ~8 feet of space and shifts O'Neill's momentum going the opposite way.
    MB does jog back, but I think he feels O'Neill should have his man locked down. If he sprints back it ends up leaving a large amount of space in behind him for SJ's attacking mid (i think #14) to move in. So he needs to stay a bit in the middle, particularly since O'Neill should have it covered.
    I gotta agree with noxx and U&P, O'Neill should have covered, but was slow to recognize the play or the coverage (Mavinga wasn't in position), or lost track of the runner, but ultimately Mavinga put the D in a bad spot with the turnover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see it different and I saw it twice clearly last Saturday; he saw two of the young guys totally blow their positioning and/or jogging after a turnover and he initially lunged a quick step forward to cover for them but he realized he can't anymore so he stayed in his zone. Before he would have overextended to help but he shouldn't have to. If the young guys with speed, stamina, and youthful reaction times were more engaged and trying to get in positions to help instead of jogging back after we lost the ball then Bradley's lack of pace wouldn't be as problematic. Most of them minus Nelson & Petrasso are guilty of this multiple times per match.
    I’d agree he’s not singularly at fault for our defensive woes but I’d still call it a problem.

I’ve seen opposing AM’s face him up in the middle and wheel around him going at what I would call 7 / 10 speed. Really nobody else that can be pinned on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any non DP MLS CB worth trading for?

I'm struggling to think of one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Segura and Fall at LAFC are two that spring to mind but no way LAFC deal them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Is there any non DP MLS CB worth trading for?

I'm struggling to think of one.
    Well since we don't have one, probably every other team in the league? LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Segura and Fall at LAFC are two that spring to mind but no way LAFC deal them
    We might have said the same thing about Zimmerman too though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We might have said the same thing about Zimmerman too though
    Morseso cos I think Fall will be sold for $$$ to Europe in a year or two

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Aaron Long a DP? I'd definitely trade for him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long is on TAM but yeh, he's practically untouchable with NYRB.

Andrew Farrel might be worth a punt...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either Elliott or Glesnes for the Union are also immediate upgrades to any backline in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, give me Antonio Carlos anyday. Most underrated CB in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's our biggest issue?
    Defence.

Manning's solution?
    More offense.

As good as Insigne and Bernadeschi are, the foundation (the defense) is broken. We need to fix that first. Unless we want to try to win games 6-5 every week

Credit from the original by Turbozone: https://i750.photobucket.com/albums/...ebuild_Yet.jpg
    Last edited by rydermike; 07-13-2022 at 08:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Oso qualify for MLS free agency? I only ask because I don’t see him wanting to stick around a shit show for the last prime years of his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Does Oso qualify for MLS free agency? I only ask because I don’t see him wanting to stick around a shit show for the last prime years of his career.
    He does. The requirements are 24 years old and 5 years of MLS service.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso's free agency will be a storyline from now until he signs here or elsewhere. I'd give him the Michael Bradley contract or let him move to Europe. This is the downfall of MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Oso's free agency will be a storyline from now until he signs here or elsewhere. I'd give him the Michael Bradley contract or let him move to Europe. This is the downfall of MLS.
    Osorio is old for Europe, he will do well in LigaMX.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK - so tonight sucked. Nobody played well.

So, where do we go from here? What do we need to make this team a real contender?

Answer: maybe more than we can sign during this window.

To make a playoff run, we will have to sign 4 players during this window, and if we want to contend next year, we will need to sign 4 more in the offseason.

My list:

1 Right back: This goes without saying
    1-2 Center backs: Maybe two? 1 during this window and 1 during the next. Mavinga and his $1,000,000 salary come off the books this year.
    1 Right winger: (Bernardeschi... hopefully)
    1 Goalkeeper: Probably two, but I would be ok with Westberg as our backup, but Bono has to go
    1-2 Midfielder: Kaye is a good player, but Osorio might leave and Bradley is turning 35 in a few weeks.
    1 Starting Striker: Jimenez is not an elite goalscorer and never has been in his career. Ayo hasn't been the same since he got hurt.

Priority for this window:

1 DP winger (Bernardeschi
    1 Right Back
    1 Center Back
    1 Striker

Summer Window:

2 Midfielders
    1 Center Back
    1 Keeper (maybe 2 if we don't keep westberg as a backup)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jimenez is fine IMO. He's already proven he scores when given opportunity. The problem is getting him those opportunities which will be fixed soon.

CB and RB is immediate concern

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. Jimenez just gets no service, because the wingers and FBs provide almost nothing, therefore letting the opps to just clug up the middle of the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    OK - so tonight sucked. Nobody played well.

So, where do we go from here? What do we need to make this team a real contender?

Answer: maybe more than we can sign during this window.

To make a playoff run, we will have to sign 4 players during this window, and if we want to contend next year, we will need to sign 4 more in the offseason.

My list:

1 Right back: This goes without saying
    1-2 Center backs: Maybe two? 1 during this window and 1 during the next. Mavinga and his $1,000,000 salary come off the books this year.
    1 Right winger: (Bernardeschi... hopefully)
    1 Goalkeeper: Probably two, but I would be ok with Westberg as our backup, but Bono has to go
    1-2 Midfielder: Kaye is a good player, but Osorio might leave and Bradley is turning 35 in a few weeks.
    1 Starting Striker: Jimenez is not an elite goalscorer and never has been in his career. Ayo hasn't been the same since he got hurt.

Priority for this window:

1 DP winger (Bernardeschi
    1 Right Back
    1 Center Back
    1 Striker

Summer Window:

2 Midfielders
    1 Center Back
    1 Keeper (maybe 2 if we don't keep westberg as a backup)

That's an easy question. Get rid of this shit coach and his shit system. No one on the team respects it and can't play in it. Getting rid of Poz after playing him mostly out of position was just asinine to say the least. Bob Bradley and his shit tactics are the problem...it always has been.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im underwhelmed with BB so far im getting a armas,winter vibe with this team