Page 20 of 163 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 600 of 4883
  1. #571
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    444
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nope.. not even close to what they offered…

  2. #572
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    4,044
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Nope.. not even close to what they offered…
    good to know...is it a given he is coming?

  3. #573
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    329
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If more evidence was needed that this is a rebuilding year have a look at Bradley’s typical eleven in 2018. (Though maybe the disturbing thing is that this is an expansion team.)

    ————— Diomande

    Rossi——————————Vela

    Kaye——————————Blessing

    ————— Atuesta

    Harvey—————————Beitashour
    ————Zimmerman—Segura

    —————— Miller
    Last edited by los sonadores; 05-10-2022 at 05:59 AM.

  4. #574
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,467
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Nope.. not even close to what they offered…
    Yeah, i was thinking the same. That link quoted DP money, $2.5MM Euros, dont even know how they could structure it down.

  5. #575
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    13,493
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    If more evidence was needed that this is a rebuilding year have a look at Bradley’s typical eleven in 2018. (Though maybe the disturbing thing is that this is an expansion team.)

    ————— Diomande

    Rossi——————————Vela

    Kaye——————————Blessing

    ————— Atuesta

    Harvey—————————Beitashour
    ————Zimmerman—Segura

    —————— Miller
    But on the flip side, it was an expansion team with no baggage / legacy contracts.

    Think it should be clear to people we are is a temporary phase and we’re not going to continue fielding a huge swath of youth players. Rather, we’ll reward the best ones with playing time once the roster fills out.

    But I hope these players realize, this 6 months or so might be the best / only opportunity they have to establish themselves as professionals.

  6. #576
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,086
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    But on the flip side, it was an expansion team with no baggage / legacy contracts.

    Think it should be clear to people we are is a temporary phase and we’re not going to continue fielding a huge swath of youth players. Rather, we’ll reward the best ones with playing time once the roster fills out.

    But I hope these players realize, this 6 months or so might be the best / only opportunity they have to establish themselves as professionals.
    Plus they also had the expansion team bonus 3 year TAM wad to use how they chose. Huge difference that makes.

  7. #577
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 110 Row 24
    Posts
    7,269
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    If more evidence was needed that this is a rebuilding year have a look at Bradley’s typical eleven in 2018. (Though maybe the disturbing thing is that this is an expansion team.)

    ————— Diomande

    Rossi——————————Vela

    Kaye——————————Blessing

    ————— Atuesta

    Harvey—————————Beitashour
    ————Zimmerman—Segura


    —————— Miller
    Look at that backline! pretty top end by MLS standards, let alone an expansion team

  8. #578
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    4,044
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i read somewhere that tfc have not had a clean sheet in 41 games which is a mls record,until we clean up that we are going nowhere

  9. #579
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i read somewhere that tfc have not had a clean sheet in 41 games which is a mls record,until we clean up that we are going nowhere
    I think it’s pretty safe to say that the team's ability to defend is almost non-existent at this point in time. I’d say it’s the most worrisome part of the team, and pretty hard to see it changing much this year, unless there are significant new hires in the summer window.
    On another note, all these academy grads have played together for years and could barely pull of a win in the USL, finishing low in the table almost every year. How is it expected these same players will all of a sudden function way better at a higher level? I can’t help but wonder if this year is really about BB providing clear assessments of the academy products and overall staffing. It’s possible that a lot more needs to be overhauled than just the first team players and half the coaching staff. There are certainly a lot more questions than answers at this time, and not much to have faith in other than BB’s vision.

  10. #580
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    4,044
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    I think it’s pretty safe to say that the team's ability to defend is almost non-existent at this point in time. I’d say it’s the most worrisome part of the team, and pretty hard to see it changing much this year, unless there are significant new hires in the summer window.
    On another note, all these academy grads have played together for years and could barely pull of a win in the USL, finishing low in the table almost every year. How is it expected these same players will all of a sudden function way better at a higher level? I can’t help but wonder if this year is really about BB providing clear assessments of the academy products and overall staffing. It’s possible that a lot more needs to be overhauled than just the first team players and half the coaching staff. There are certainly a lot more questions than answers at this time, and not much to have faith in other than BB’s vision.
    im not going to blame the kids for there d woes...the last 2 yrs our cb group are among the highest paid in the mls..at around 2.7 mil.
    tfc 2 have been in the middle of the pack the last 2 years at a 500 level mostly playing on the road and playing v older aged rosters in some cases,the tfc u 17 won the mls cup for there age group a couple of years ago.
    Last edited by reggie; 05-10-2022 at 11:03 AM.

  11. #581
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    im not going to blame the kids for there d woes...the last 2 yrs our cb group are among the highest paid in the mls..at around 2.7 mil.
    tfc 2 have been in the middle of the pack the last 2 years at a 500 level mostly playing on the road and playing v older aged rosters in some cases,the tfc u 17 won the mls cup for there age group a couple of years ago.
    Either do I, although they are certainly not helping. But, my comment on defence and the kids were meant to be separate statements.
    The defence is clearly lacking leadership and discipline, that lies with the veterans.
    The kids have obvious talent but are too green to be effective as a team yet. That may get better. And yes, the last two years have been a little better, but regardless of talent, the results from tfc2 have never been consistently good. Maybe they will all live up to the hype around them, but that remains to be seen.

  12. #582
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,378
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If there isn't at least 1 (one) starting fullback brought in this summer, I'll be (more) annoyingly confident on the FO's inability to manage the roster.

    (And that's being nice because there are so many holes in this team)

  13. #583
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i read somewhere that tfc have not had a clean sheet in 41 games which is a mls record,until we clean up that we are going nowhere
    This can’t be true. I remember they tied Colorado 0-0 like late September or October. Can’t be 41

  14. #584
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    This can’t be true. I remember they tied Colorado 0-0 like late September or October. Can’t be 41
    I went back and counted and it was 21 (including Canadian Championship games). Even in preseason we didn’t keep a clean sheet.

  15. #585
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    4,044
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    OptaJack⚽️
    @OptaJack
    · May 9
    41 - Toronto FC has kept one clean sheet in its last 41 @MLS matches, the longest span without at least two clean sheets in league history. Untidy.

    my bad...one clean sheet in the last 41 games

  16. #586
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    4,044
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg;195mls games9388
    This can’t be true. I remember they tied Colorado 0-0 like late September or October. Can’t be 41
    my bad...it was 1 clean sheet in the last 41 mls games






    OptaJack⚽️
    @OptaJack
    · May 9
    41 - Toronto FC has kept one clean sheet in its last 41 @MLS matches, the longest span without at least two clean sheets in league history. Untidy.











  17. #587
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,086
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    my bad...it was 1 clean sheet in the last 41 mls games






    OptaJack⚽️
    @OptaJack
    · May 9
    41 - Toronto FC has kept one clean sheet in its last 41 @MLS matches, the longest span without at least two clean sheets in league history. Untidy.










    That's Bono-Power in effect. Can't question the man's abilities with data like that to back him up. Re-sign him to a TAM deal ASAP.

  18. #588
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...ounted-for-tfc

    As predicted in the game thread, PRO has acknowledged they fucked the dog and the goal should have stood.

    Also, three starters incoming, Manning claims.

  19. #589
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,467
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know he is under contract until ‘23 but any rumours on Borjan?

  20. #590
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    OptaJack⚽️
    @OptaJack
    · May 9
    41 - Toronto FC has kept one clean sheet in its last 41 @MLS matches, the longest span without at least two clean sheets in league history. Untidy.

    my bad...one clean sheet in the last 41 games
    No worries however this is the problem with stats people can stretch them to achieve any narrative they want. Saying no clean sheets in 15 is a stat. Saying 1 in 41 games or 2 in 70 games or 3 in 123 games is stretching stats to fit a narrative.

    Next clean sheet they have I’m going to post that TFC has the longest current clean sheet streak of 2022. Problem is I may not even get to say that this year.

  21. #591
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    4,044
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...ounted-for-tfc

    As predicted in the game thread, PRO has acknowledged they fucked the dog and the goal should have stood.

    Also, three starters incoming, Manning claims.
    im wondering if that is a total of 4 including insigne or 3 with insigne

  22. #592
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    13,493
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    im wondering if that is a total of 4 including insigne or 3 with insigne
    Maybe he means the guys that are injured. Zing!

  23. #593
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    691
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    This can't be accurate, right? TFC wouldn't spend $5 million per year on Criscito, would they?

    https://www.calcioline.com/news/3104...-ai-toronto-fc
    not a chance.

    he's 35, but more importantly has always wanted to play in MLS. will be a TAM signing.

  24. #594
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Burlington
    Posts
    4,191
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Insigne, Cristico and A.N Other I guess

  25. #595
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Kingston
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Next clean sheet they have I’m going to post that TFC has the longest current clean sheet streak of 2022. Problem is I may not even get to say that this year.[/QUOTE]

    GE also must have taken note of the statistic. They probably wont have to give away any Washer's & Dryers with the contest they have of a Canadian team keeping a clean sheet and you can enter to win one.
    (in case anyone else has seen them talking about it during the games lol)

  26. #596
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    13,493
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    Thought this was interesting. I would say O’Neill has been the Cb that has contributed the most from a defending perspective. However, LM has been the most well rounded. Not perfect by any means but next to a better partner than Salcedo I think he could start in this league
    Last edited by ag futbol; 05-11-2022 at 09:46 AM.

  27. #597
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,266
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Two MLS articles that look at our roster


    https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/seatt...m-wins-it-next

    Finally somebody mentioning that are keeper situation isn't all that good

    &

    https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/is-ag...squads-in-2022


    We are the second youngest squad in MLS - with that comes growing pains because, unlike Philly or NYRB, we have not been regularly bringing youth into the squad.

  28. #598
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    329
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Two MLS articles that look at our roster


    https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/seatt...m-wins-it-next

    Finally somebody mentioning that are keeper situation isn't all that good

    &

    https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/is-ag...squads-in-2022


    We are the second youngest squad in MLS - with that comes growing pains because, unlike Philly or NYRB, we have not been regularly bringing youth into the squad.
    I’ve been thinking since Bradley was hired about what Doyle mentioned in his piece above:

    “when things went bad for LAFC, that was a mess of their own making. While it’s never been public as to who called the shots on things like trading Walker Zimmerman, I think it’s fair to assume Bradley had some say in how that team’s roster management went.”

    I’m not down on Bradley but I expect he’s got his hand full with the two roles he’s playing and at short notice. To boot, this is his first GM gig. Recruiting for national teams is a different player poll, scouting, time line, etc.

  29. #599
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    3,875
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Axel Witsel leaving BVB on a free this summer. Has MLS written all over him.


  30. #600
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can someone who knows more than me(could be anyone on this site, lol) explain to me why TFC can’t seem to produce any decent defensive players from the academy? It reminds me of playing rec games where no one wants to play defensively because it’s not ‘fun’.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •