Page 81 of 193 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 5785
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    so for people looking at Bernie and thinking 'man, this guy's just average at everything' - that was the scouting report on Jimenez. Fundamentally sound, not eye popping at any one thing. I think if we're getting JJ levels of work ethic and fundamentals, the lack of game-breaking skill can be overlooked somewhat.
    But Bernie will be a DP. JJ isn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The technical ability of our front 3 of Insigne/Jesus/Bernie is incredible. They aren't exactly gonna kill people with pace, but the chances these guys will create for each other will be so much fun to watch. Add a battering ram like Ayo in later in the game and we are gonna eat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I’m convinced you could pack 50k in every major metro in NA with an NHL level salary cap.
    I agree with this for the most part. Not sure about places like Houston or NYRB that never seem to get support even when they're good but overall, for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m convinced you could pack 50k in every major metro in NA with an NHL level salary cap.
    Yeah, I don’t disagree. Broadening the general interest in MLS and widening the fan base to capture more existing fans of the game could work wonders.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yeah, I don’t disagree. Broadening the general interest in MLS and widening the fan base to capture more existing fans of the game could work wonders.
    If every team had a couple of known "stars" it would increase overall viewership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attach that newly found GAM to Bono and trade him for whatever low draft pick they can get. Italy remains very good at producing goalkeepers, there's got to be at least one within the club's transfer network. And it's a position that doesn't require an acclimation period. I'd take Sirigu in a heatbeat as a stopgap measure. Played with Criscito last season and out of contract. Assuming there are enough international spots to go around.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody know how we are for international spots?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Anybody know how we are for international spots?

From wikipedia, we have 3 open slots (4 is Salcedo leaves). The extra spot can't be filled by anyone currently on the roster until next year (well Auro could technically fill it if they were to bring him back) since it requires 1 full year, so that would be Jiminez next year
    Last edited by rydermike; 07-07-2022 at 12:50 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to rydermike again.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should get rid of Achara ASAP, no matter if only for a bag of balls, the guy is totally worthless, had zero impact on matches any time he played this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently our fitness coach Pierre Barrieu has joined Jesse Marsch’s team at Leeds United.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Apparently our fitness coach Pierre Barrieu has joined Jesse Marsch’s team at Leeds United.
    Armas hire...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At some point the league has to do this and get rid of the DP rule if it wants to be a true footy league.

Getting guys like Bernadeschi while they are 28 - I feel we are not far off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    But Bernie will be a DP. JJ isn't.
    Well, JJ looked like that in Extralasa, Bernie looked like that in Serie A. I see the reasons why we should be both optimistic and pessimistic, but Bernie should be able to get better stats in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    We should get rid of Achara ASAP, no matter if only for a bag of balls, the guy is totally worthless, had zero impact on matches any time he played this season.
    I feel like his performance got destroyed by the pandemic. 2020 preseason he was a beasts, scoring in almost every game I think. First game in 2020, he was dominant, scored the disallowed goal, then scored the winner. Then covid hit, he got injured and was out for a year,and has been pretty meh ever since. Would've loved to see how he would've been in early 2020 with an extended run at his peak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    so for people looking at Bernie and thinking 'man, this guy's just average at everything' - that was the scouting report on Jimenez. Fundamentally sound, not eye popping at any one thing. I think if we're getting JJ levels of work ethic and fundamentals, the lack of game-breaking skill can be overlooked somewhat.
    not when you pay him 6-7 million… that’s the problem not his skill set. Paying a dp that has a good work ethic and technically sound yet not an offensive force is a waste of a limit resource ie a dp spot.

This will turn out like JDG all over… most people will have through the roof expectations and then he contributes maybe 6-9 goals and 6-10 assists a season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    Imagine if this countdown is just for him to drop a new NFT or release a new song. He posted a teaser of a new song coming out a couple months ago, but never released it CARLOS SALCEDO x JORY BOY / Coming Soon - YouTube

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael Singh
    @MichaelSingh94
    ·
    3h
    Carlos Salcedo is training today, chatting it up with Domenico Criscito

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    not when you pay him 6-7 million… that’s the problem not his skill set. Paying a dp that has a good work ethic and technically sound yet not an offensive force is a waste of a limit resource ie a dp spot.

This will turn out like JDG all over… most people will have through the roof expectations and then he contributes maybe 6-9 goals and 6-10 assists a season
    Those stats are pretty in line with what Pozuelo has produced, especially when you take out PKs.

Last year 8 non-PK goals and 8 assists would have ranked 26th and 10th in the league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be over the moon with that kind of production along with a positive influence tracking up and down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, that would be my fear too, although I wouldn’t be upset at the numbers you listed.

My fear would be something like 5-10 A+G total, in all completions. Or that when LI is out of the lineup he’s not able to be the creative catalyst and our attack goes to shit.

But let’s see. They’re not done yet and I’m inclined to hope it succeeds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    This is good news. Time to invest in a quality physio and fitness team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Those stats are pretty in line with what Pozuelo has produced, especially when you take out PKs.

Last year 8 non-PK goals and 8 assists would have ranked 26th and 10th in the league.
    Last year was a write off, I won’t judge anyone from TFC after the debacle of a season. You can’t take out the PKs as it’s not guaranteed goal. BTW Poz has the best pk conversion of any tfc player ever. Play poz in his natural 10 position and he contends for mvp every year. But why not compare him to his mvp season or any of Seba’s seasons or when jozy was healthy. My point those are tam level stats period.
    Last edited by TheGoodson; 07-07-2022 at 02:00 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    My fear would be something like 5-10 A+G total, in all completions. Or that when LI is out of the lineup he’s not able to be the creative catalyst and our attack goes to shit.
    I wouldn't even complain about this if he can be the guy to transition us from defense to offense quickly so our other forwards can have goal scoring opportunities. That wouldn't show up on any score sheets but it's something we're sorely lacking right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year was a write off, I won’t judge anyone from TFC after the debacle of a season. You can’t take out the PKs as it’s not guaranteed goal. BTW Poz has the best pk conversion of any tfc player ever. Play poz in his natural 10 position and he contends for mvp every year. But why not compare him to his mvp season or any of Seba’s seasons or when jozy was healthy. My point those are tam level stats period.
    I only took out PKs because I don’t imagine Bernardeschi would take them. He’s likely third or fourth in line, even though he’s scored 6/7 he’s taken in club football.
    My only point is that 8+8 is really good in this league. It compares reasonably well with Gustavo Bou last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be too disappointed with those numbers either. If we could have paired him with a true gamebreaking forward like Woot Weghorst and I'd have been pretty happy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone seen this corroborated anywhere else?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I saw two other "sources" say the same thing today.

Would make sense though. No Insigne Saturday but a walk out introduction for Bernie instead.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    will be signed by the weekend i reckon.

they wouldn't have pulled the trigger on the pozuelo trade without having a replacement finalized (you would think/hope).