Page 156 of 193 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,680 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neil Davidson says Bradley is currently in the third year of his four year deal. Seems like Molinaro may have just mistyped the years. https://www.timescolonist.com/nation...ngland-5658767
    EDIT: looks like Molinaro took his tweets down anyways, probably because of the error.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    plenty of "can't miss prospects" have had good careers in England. Ex Canadian international Scott Arfield a prime example. A decent, hard working player at best, with nearly 100 PL appearences. It's selecting the right club. The fit with Forest never seemed the right fit for him. You can see why he wants out on loan, needs to be playing with world cup looming. A good performance at the world cup could open doors to one of the countries you list or even another english team in championship.I'd imagine he and his agent will be a lot more careful on selecting his next permanent move after this loan spell. At his age his next move is his last big pay day.
    Arfield didn’t go over from North America, he grew up in Scotland, started in Falkirk’s youth academy, then climbed the rung through lower-league teams.

Also, people are referring to the Prem and Championship, not lower levels, I suspect. Who was the last person from MLS who stuck at that level?

Jack Harrison, I think, and he was 19 when he left.
    Last edited by jloome; 08-04-2022 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Different point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Neil Davidson says Bradley is currently in the third year of his four year deal. Seems like Molinaro may have just mistyped the years. https://www.timescolonist.com/nation...ngland-5658767
    EDIT: looks like Molinaro took his tweets down anyways, probably because of the error.
    Which makes a lot more sense.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Dude… please… Scott Arfield does not play in England. (Not even being facetious, Scottish people do not consider themselves English and are intensely proud of the fact, particularly in recent years.) I suspect you’re referring to his time at Burnley, but even there, he went to lower-level club first and worked his way up, as has been the way.

And you know, the more I think about it, the harder it is for me to think of an MLS player who has made it there and stuck since Dempsey.
    Jack Harrison?
    Canadian players often have dual citizenship, and years ago, they would go over to lower-level clubs (like Jason DeVOs at Darlington) and work their way up.

But that era seems long past.

I suspect after watching him in pre-season that Brendan Aaronson will be a star, but he had to go through Austria first.
    Leeds United picked up Aaronson
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be more upset at this if we didn't already know how good Richie is in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Jack Harrison?

Leeds United picked up Aaronson
    Yeah, I edited it to note Arfield didn’t go over, he was never in Canada. He hadn’t even visited here until we recruited him.

Harrison, and that’s it as far as I can recall. And he was 19.

Aaronson looks a baller. That first goal he set up against Caligiari was just nuts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I'd be more upset at this if we didn't already know how good Richie is in MLS.

If Forrest stay up then an option to buy may appear.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So one year, then. Very surprised that MLS FO let this through without a purchase option.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob Bradley said "starts out as a loan".

So very likely to be permanent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, selling Richie was an awful move for both club and player. MLS has to get this allocation list out of the league. If good players want to come back to the league, stop making it so prohibitive for that to happen.

Very happy to have Richie back with the club. As it turned out, his loss to Forest was the greatest we’ve had at any single position. Moor and Beita were big losses too but Moor was slowing down and we had at least competent replacements for Beitashour. Now we immediately go from the worst to one of the best at RB.

And I think our centre back situation is not terrible. If Mavinga can rebound or at least adapt his game to play a little more carefully (which I think he can) we should be okay there for the rest of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, selling Richie was an awful move for both club and player. MLS has to get this allocation list out of the league. If good players want to come back to the league, stop making it so prohibitive for that to happen.
    Let’s call it out: we were scrounging for every dollar we could find to rid us of Altidore and other contract anchors

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    So one year, then. Very surprised that MLS FO let this through without a purchase option.
    Have a feeling Forrest kept that option out just in case they go down and need to salary dump.

MLS FO probably let it go as it's a somewhat marketable player that will be a starter in Qatar. There will be lots of fancy graphics posted by MLS in a couple months showing just how many MLSers are making the trip to the WC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do wonder what his contract will look like.
    Rumours say Miazga will be a max TAM deal, which is good value.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh oh?

The book on JJ was always he was streaky; hot and cold.

Not a good sign that BB is calling him out!?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Rumours say Miazga will be a max TAM deal, which is good value.
    Probably but need to see him play before saying that. There's been other "can't miss" signings that missed hard in this league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    The book on JJ was always he was streaky; hot and cold.

Not a good sign that BB is calling him out!?
    I'd call him out too.

He drifts out of the play positionally and mentally recently. He got chewed out by Bernie a few times for being nowhere near the box after Bernie won the ball and got in position for a cross. I get he might have drifted during our stretch of total shit when he had to drop into the midfield to get a touch but that's over now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting details here. Pretty sure this means Richie is now the highest paid fullback in MLS.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Let’s call it out: we were scrounging for every dollar we could find to rid us of Altidore and other contract anchors
    Not the whole story. Richie was desperate to go to Europe ASAP.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn’t Manning say to people at Berna press conference we couldn’t get anyone now because of salary cap? Now we have money for Laryea?

Don’t get me wrong I love Richie, but management is ridiculous. And that salary is absurd. They never even offered him 1.1m to retain him and now they’ve been so shit with their transfer policy that they’re paying him that amount anyway and we didn’t even see the benefit of it for 20+ games.

Also: Yet another lazy signing. All this shows is that they have the cap room to sign guys and just can’t find players normally and bring them to the goal line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Arfield didn’t go over from North America, he grew up in Scotland, started in Falkirk’s youth academy, then climbed the rung through lower-league teams.

Also, people are referring to the Prem and Championship, not lower levels, I suspect. Who was the last person from MLS who stuck at that level?

Jack Harrison, I think, and he was 19 when he left.
    Yes I was referring to the EPL and Championship. The track record of North American players going over there especially at an older age is not very good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting details here. Pretty sure this means Richie is now the highest paid fullback in MLS.

Is Anton Tinerholm on a high TAM deal? But he's top 3 I suspect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Criscito is probably on more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Not the whole story. Richie was desperate to go to Europe ASAP.
    He had told them that he would go when his deal expired if he didn't go immediately. He really wanted a move and more than one club was interested. Teams in Turkey, Greece and Belgium
    were all interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have 1.1m in budget for a fullback and 6 months to look. So… you sign the guy that left and you didn’t think was worth 1.1m in the first place and are talking about spending more money to get him back permanently.

Someone argue that this is competent management.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Also: Yet another lazy signing. All this shows is that they have the cap room to sign guys and just can’t find players normally and bring them to the goal line.
    Who would you sign instead that would be willing to come for TAM money that you know would be able to hit the ground running for our last 12 matches?

You have 1.1m in budget for a fullback and 6 months to look.
    And it's been gone over dozens of times that they allowed the youth players a chance to try to win the spot so it wasn't 6 months.

Also they're doing a solid for Richie just like they did when they moved him. He wanted to come back here for minutes leading up to the WC. They're doing that for him. There is something to be said for that type of management - player relationship. It's the opposite of our old ways and I am glad for that.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 08-04-2022 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have 1.1m in budget for a fullback and 6 months to look. So… you sign the guy that left and you didn’t think was worth 1.1m in the first place and are talking about spending more money to get him back permanently.

I don't remember the timeline, was Bob here before of after he left?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Criscito is probably on more.
    I saw a suggestion in one of the "Italians in MLS" stories that he's on max TAM,
    Don't know if that's true but if so he's probably the highest paid fullback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to mention the GAM we are gonna have to give Dallas to get the number one spot in the allocation order. The player is proven to be good, but this whole ordeal has been a headscratcher.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I don't remember the timeline, was Bob here before of after he left?
    Afterwards I believe officially but he had some input before that if I recall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He didn't go for free, we sold him to Forest for $1.3M

Now we're paying him a hundred grand more than the renewal but we're also up 1.3M

Forest are experienced at this shit and it will probably cost that to get him back.... or if he plays well for us someone else in Turkey or Greece might give them more.

So it amounts to losing his services for six months ... which the player was demanding. We could have refused and hed have just left at the end of this year on a free.

plus as it's a loan we don't get fleeced on the allocation order deal.

Given that he had a foot out the door I'm not sure how we'd have prevented any of it.