Page 146 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,380 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding the discussions a while back on TFC/MLSE 'excessive' roster spend financials, Bogers, and the relevance of their/telecom holdings/investments in sports franchises...
    As may have been noted, Rogers just decided and announced their dropping 300M! Yep! 300M! on renovations to their Centre; in order to offer a more baseball centric experience.
    The kicker? Even though this stadium's life expectancy is set for only another 12 years and a new stadium project is in the works.
    Now is that nuts!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    https://twitter.com/Erfaina1988/stat...28487299813376

"Proposal of #Toronto to #Belotti . The president of the Canadians would like at all costs the . To date he is not convinced of the destination."

sounds like what we already know, he's considering our offer (to date not convinced vs not convinced period) but waiting for any comparable euro offers in meantime
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    i mean there have been zero reports of this, have there?
    The account/person highlighted... 'Damiano Er Faina' or Damiano Coccia... seems to have footballer connects...

The following among the many...

w/Belotti

w/Balotelli

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ljRj_K..._web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjVVhpbnJG_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-30-2022 at 01:03 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Uhhh?

Is this Steve Buffery referencing 'The Other Forbes' in his recent article about Belotti & Ceppitelli?

"According to TransfersMLS, TFC has offered Belotti $10 million per season and the ball is now in the Italian’s court as to whether he accepts the deal."

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...and-ceppitelli
    yeah, whatever we think of forbes, he also quotes a tfc source who says tfc have been tracking belotti for a year.

also beezer rarely writes articles about rumours that don't have meat behind them

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dave343 View Post
    Is there a solid reason JMR is not getting minutes?
    Not that anybody could see - would be nice if a journo would ask Bradley because he'd probably give an answer that would make sense but annoy some people.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding the discussions a while back on TFC/MLSE 'excessive' roster spend financials, Bogers, and the relevance of their/telecom holdings/investments in sports franchises...
    As may have been noted, Rogers just decided and announced their dropping 300M! Yep! 300M! on renovations to their Centre; in order to offer a more baseball centric experience.
    The kicker? Even though this stadium's life expectancy is set for only another 12 years and a new stadium project is in the works.
    Now is that nuts!?
    Rogers will never give up the Jays - the potential land investment of the baseball site itself area when they redo the stadium is worth billions.

The payoffs for MLSE is in "when they win, you get a TON of money"

The Raptors showed that - TFC on a much smaller scale.

The Leafs if they ever do a deep playoff run would be on a scale x 3 the Raps - although there isn't much potential pickup of new fans for NHL hockey like there was/is with NBA/MLS.

Bogers might implode as a partnership due to internal squabbling. But nobody wants to give up that potential lucrative payday.

On another note, I think if Belotti doesn't show up, there ain't no DP coming. I'm hoping for a decent starting CB or RB hire or a #4 CM but I suspect they have a plan for free agency now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transfer window close 4 aug.

Any European DP if signed probably waits until 4 Aug

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The account/person highlighted... 'Damiano Er Faina' or Damiano Coccia... seems to have footballer connects...

The following among the many...

w/Belotti

w/Balotelli

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ljRj_K..._web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjVVhpbnJG_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

This is some excellent research! Well done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    This is some excellent research! Well done.
    Thank you.

You may already be aware of this, still...

In return, maybe this will tug at your heart?
    Leave you with a smile for most of the day?

I am quite sure all that gentleman was repeating to himself in his head while walking up to the spot...
    Please, God have mercy, don't let me shank it!
    Please, please, God, have mercy, don't let me shank it!!
    Oh God, please don't let me shank it!!!

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-30-2022 at 12:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Rogers will never give up the Jays - the potential land investment of the baseball site itself area when they redo the stadium is worth billions.

The payoffs for MLSE is in "when they win, you get a TON of money"

The Raptors showed that - TFC on a much smaller scale.

The Leafs if they ever do a deep playoff run would be on a scale x 3 the Raps - although there isn't much potential pickup of new fans for NHL hockey like there was/is with NBA/MLS.

Bogers might implode as a partnership due to internal squabbling. But nobody wants to give up that potential lucrative payday.

On another note, I think if Belotti doesn't show up, there ain't no DP coming. I'm hoping for a decent starting CB or RB hire or a #4 CM but I suspect they have a plan for free agency now.
    Starting by the latters,
    You are probably right about no Belotti; no DP for now.
    Share your hopes about a starting CB and/or RB before any deadlines.
    Got that feeling- re: MLS free agency- deals already in the oven/baked; nudge, nudge, wink, wink?

Bodgers imploding is always a possibility; especially if something happens to Mr. CocaCola-LT health wise.
    More so by Rogers. Ed is the type to go to the mattresses for control.
    There is an undesirable and end unclear nuclear path given BCE's structure/investments.

Rogers Centre; what a windfall!
    Governments and taxpayers 'invest' circa 575M?
    Structure eventually bought at circa the turn of the century when the ownership was in play by a bidder for circa 125M.
    Though that group lost the bid for the TBJ Team for 137MUSD to Rogers.
    As a consequence, structure re-sold at a loss to Rogers for circa 25M!
    The kickers...
    All the land for the site is City/Federally owned. Leased back for circa 1M/YR till 2088!
    TBJ Team is valued at 1.75BUSD!?

Any chatter of recent Rogers TBJ divestment to raise capital for the Shaw takeover bid was not forthcoming.
    IIUC, any shares for capital idea strategy was similar to Rogers 'unique' structure; public yet private control!
    Also, any/the leading outright sale individual buyer... ED himself!
    No matter how in the end that pie is sliced...
    Using the benchmark page book from the MLSE/Air Canada site...
    I agree with you that with the re-development plans- new stadium, residential and commercial condos, that site is worth billions.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-30-2022 at 11:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been chewing on the Belotti = Defoe warning comparisons.

Perhaps. There is some validity.
    Still, my understanding was Defoe was always okay with the move/the life but that his 'entourage' had problems.
    Particularly, his mother, in adjusting and assimilating into NA/TO life.
    Maybe I'm wrong?

IDK, a difference?
    That could be the case with Belotti. Yet, he would have the immediate built in support system of his 'Italian' teammates.
    As well as, that of an enthusiastic and welcoming Canadian-Italian TO community; generally or...
    Northern: Lombardian or Southern: Sicilian and Basilicata.
    You may be surprised at how many Italy-Italians have relations or very tight personal or family friends to lean on in the GTA.

If his hesitation at all involves his wife? That would always be understood and should be respected and sympathized with.
    No matter how transformational and generational TFC's offering is.
    Such 'family' opportunities, considerations and decisions are fraught with doubt, second thoughts and stress.
    I believe Belotti and his wife are recent (relatively) parents to a baby girl.
    I believe his wife had/has a career; a model celebrity and a media personality.
    If she is still working or wants to, then professional considerations are also part of any equation.
    This is an aspect where TFC/MLSE should be able to reassure and excel.
    Time to use any and all resources at hand, within their own media ownership playgrounds or if language is a barrier for her...
    Exploit those historical business and social connects with TLN or CHIN T&R.
    Get their 'Big Boy Suits' on. This detail would be an easy one to deal with.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-30-2022 at 12:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been chewing on the Belotti = Defoe warning comparisons.

Perhaps. There is some validity.
    Still, my understanding was Defoe was always okay with the move/the life but that his 'entourage' had problems.
    Particularly, his mother, in adjusting and assimilating into NA/TO life.
    Maybe I'm wrong?

IDK, a difference?
    That could be the case with Belotti. Yet, he would have the immediate built in support system of his 'Italian' teammates.
    As well as, that of an enthusiastic and welcoming Canadian-Italian TO community; generally or...
    Northern: Lombardian or Southern: Sicilian and Basilicata.
    You may be surprised at how many Italy-Italians have relations or very tight personal or family friends to lean on in the GTA.

If his hesitation at all involves his wife? That would always be understood and should be respected and sympathized with.
    No matter how transformational and generational TFC's offering is.
    Such 'family' opportunities, considerations and decisions are fraught with doubt, second thoughts and stress.
    I believe Belotti and his wife are recent (relatively) parents to a baby girl.
    I believe his wife had/has a career; a model celebrity and a media personality.
    If she is still working or wants to, then professional considerations are also part of any equation.
    This is an aspect where TFC/MLSE should be able to reassure and excel.
    Time to use any and all resources at hand, within their own media ownership playgrounds or if language is a barrier for her...
    Exploit those historical business and social connects with TLN or CHIN T&R.
    Get their 'Big Boy Suits' on. This detail would be an easy one to deal with.
    Yeah between Bell & Rogers, MLSE/TFC could definitely hook Belotti's wife up with the media scene.

As for Belotti's concerns, you'd have to think --right now at least-- that Serie A players would welcome a move to NA/MLS. You're getting away from the Serie A financial trouble, away from Ukraine conflict (yes I know it's still far, but most Europeans are still unsettled, as my family there is), and more importantly you're being offered generational $, WITH a chance to play with 3 of your National teammates. What's not to like? And like you say, he'd have a massive support in the Italian community here.b

Guess we'll see.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get Belotti. Having that 3rd DP spot open instead of Poz such a waste again.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The DP saga this year

Going into January

Jozy
    Poz
    Soteldo

Dec
    Insigne agrees

Jan

Nobody wants Jozy's contract
    Jozy bought out

TFC want Soteldo gone
    Tigres want Soteldo
    TFC want Salcedo
    Can't be done without Salcedo being a DP

Spring

Poz hates TFC now (gave an interview this week indicating he tried but hated it - played injured, playing with kids)
    TFC tries to find a way to play with him but not working out
    POZ has GF in Miami
    Poz wants out and as much as asks for a trade to Miami
    TFC reups deal talks for Bernadeschi

Meanwhile, Salcedo family situation quickly develops into him needing time at home
    Interest shown by LigaMx team for him
    Deal done quickly but only started AFTER Poz move was getting finalized & Bernardeschi deal near the line

So, the reason the DP slot is open is not Poz being kept because there was no hope of that.

The DP slot is open because Soteldo was a big flakey bust & the tool used to get rid of him needed to go home.

Belotti would be great but I'm not sold on that spot right now having to be used for a striker DP unless the team knows what the CM & CB situation will be next year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salcedo delt before Pozuelo was. Even if Poz trade was being planned you can cancel it. Happens plenty.

Of course Pozuelo is going to say he wants to be in Miami to Miami fans. His gf could easily wait 6 months before he moves at end of contract.
    He also said he can't wait to play with Insigne. Imagine what he would say if he knew Berna was here too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, I know...

They say 'People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference'.
    I think I know the difference.
    Still, sand is all that is being served!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

season is over so no need to rush for the third dp...gotta wait be patient look around for the best option...a lot of options can open up between now and early 2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh-oh!

Joey Saputo/Bologna may have fcuked us!

Roma Gegenpressing!

Shomurodov to Bologna?
    Makes space for Belotti?
    Pair to Abraham?
    2nd or 3rd striker?
    Alternate to Dybala?

Still... Toronto... money and 1st striker?

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-31-2022 at 02:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's just no defending trading Pozuelo for absolutely nothing before you've come close to filling his DP slot, none.

Saying that that's the past. The bigger issue is who were getting in now. Great as belotti will be I still think we're crying out for a central midfielder much more than anything else and would much rather we spend the money there.

But having that front three would be a pretty big comfort if we don't

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    There's just no defending trading Pozuelo for absolutely nothing before you've come close to filling his DP slot, none.

Saying that that's the past. The bigger issue is who were getting in now. Great as belotti will be I still think we're crying out for a central midfielder much more than anything else and would much rather we spend the money there.

I'm starting to think that, based on the way a season is going, people just make shit up in order to fit the narrative of the season.

Bernardeschi was why we needed to move Pozuelo. We didn't account for Salcedo's missus having a kid and needing to go back home. If you're blaming Manning for not foreseeing that, idk what to tell you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    I'm starting to think that, based on the way a season is going, people just make shit up in order to fit the narrative of the season.

Bernardeschi was why we needed to move Pozuelo. We didn't account for Salcedo's missus having a kid and needing to go back home. If you're blaming Manning for not foreseeing that, idk what to tell you
    Salcedos issues started months prior per the man himself who also says the team knew of them and were working with him on it, so yes, I am blaming Manning for not seeing what apparently the team knew about months ago

It should have been clear he was a risk, and therefore hold on the Pozuelo deal. We were getting nothing for him anyway so shopping him around would have been easy and waiting another month to see how things shook out wouldn't have cost us a thing. You think we couldn't trade Pozuelo for a bag of balls tomorrow if we wanted too? We'd have missed our chance?

So yes, this is 100% on management. As is letting a league mvp get to 6 months left on his contract to begin with, that should never ever happen
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 07-31-2022 at 07:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want the chance of Belotti or another big signing this summer, that move has to happen. We can’t just snap our fingers and clear out Pozuelo the second something is imminent.

Leaving that aside, I would say clearly dude’s interests were elsewhere and we had little to no bargaining power. I’m not sure how much a half season rental should cost but I might venture that for $150k we did okay and in the best of circumstances it’s wasn’t going to be too much more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    If you want the chance of Belotti or another big signing this summer, that move has to happen. We can’t just snap our fingers and clear out Pozuelo the second something is imminent.

Leaving that aside, I would say clearly dude’s interests were elsewhere and we had little to no bargaining power. I’m not sure how much a half season rental should cost but I might venture that for $150k we did okay and in the best of circumstances it’s wasn’t going to be too much more.
    Yes we can, he's a league mvp on the market for nothing. We got *nothing* for him. We could do that deal anytime. Let's not pretend to ourselves it was some once in a lifetime negotiation, we traded him for basically nothing. We could do that tomorrow, or any day. Miami would have waited, you don't get a league mvp for nothing every day

And, as I said, the biggest failing is that we were in the situation to begin with. Either re-up or move on when you have trade value, nobody lets their best player just get to 6 months left on their deal without something badly going wrong

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nobody lets their best player just get to 6 months left on their deal without something badly going wrong
    Nobody except most of the biggest clubs in Europe these days and with a lot bigger names than Pozuelo (Mbappe, Haaland, Mane, Pogba, etc).

It's done and everything is speculation. For all we know they offered Poz an extension and he said no or he demanded a move to Miami only (sounded this way in his interview).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes we can, he's a league mvp on the market for nothing. We got *nothing* for him. We could do that deal anytime. Let's not pretend to ourselves it was some once in a lifetime negotiation, we traded him for basically nothing. We could do that tomorrow, or any day. Miami would have waited, you don't get a league mvp for nothing every day

And, as I said, the biggest failing is that we were in the situation to begin with. Either re-up or move on when you have trade value, nobody lets their best player just get to 6 months left on their deal without something badly going wrong
    1) I would say it’s highly likely he has a no-trade clause. So leaving it to the 11th hour makes it tricky. Maybe (probably) he doesn’t want to go to Columbus or some other less exciting locale. And any team that wants him needs to be willing to pay his DP wages and have a spot open.
    2) League MVP or not, personal circumstances or not, he just came off a terrible season. Anyone who is going to pay is going to take that into account.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) I would say it’s highly likely he has a no-trade clause. So leaving it to the 11th hour makes it tricky. Maybe (probably) he doesn’t want to go to Columbus or some other less exciting locale. And any team that wants him needs to be willing to pay his DP wages and have a spot open.
    2) League MVP or not, personal circumstances or not, he just came off a terrible season.
    1) Miami would wait. You think in a month of waiting they'll find a better prospect than a league mvp for, effectively, free?
    2) And into a good one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Miami would wait. You think in a month of waiting they'll find a better prospect than a league mvp for, effectively, free?
    2) And into a good one
    Miami has the attention span of a small dog on speed and the draw to be linked with a lot of players. They could easily fill their DP slot overnight.

Let’s just put it on the table here… What do you think was a fair price?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miami has the attention span of a small dog on speed and the draw to be linked with a lot of players. They could easily fill their DP slot overnight.

Let’s just put it on the table here… What do you think was a fair price?
    Fair price is irrelevant, it's do you trade or not. What we got was a dp slot, if we're unable to fill that dp slot, we've traded 6 months of an elite play maker for nothing. That failing, and that of letting him get to 6 months on his deal, are on front office

And Miami would wait. It's ridiculous to pretend they'd ignore a league mvp for free deal because they had to wait a month.

It's also on FO how badly they bungled Jozys contract meaning a buy out wasn't an option to keep everything on the table
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 07-31-2022 at 08:42 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Salcedo delt before Pozuelo was. Even if Poz trade was being planned you can cancel it. Happens plenty.

Of course Pozuelo is going to say he wants to be in Miami to Miami fans. His gf could easily wait 6 months before he moves at end of contract.
    He also said he can't wait to play with Insigne. Imagine what he would say if he knew Berna was here too.
    I've only read the Google translation but it doesn't sound good in Toronto

https://www.tudn.com/futbol/mls/pozu...entrenar-video (there is a CC button below where you can get the text)

He wanted out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair price is irrelevant, it's do you trade or not. What we got was a dp slot, if we're unable to fill that dp slot, we've traded 6 months of an elite play maker for nothing. That failing, and that of letting him get to 6 months on his deal, are on front office
    Also had we of kept him he would have been an expensive and unhappy bench player. Where was he supposed to play? He isn't breaking into the Oso - Bradley - Kaye midfield with the new front 3. Besides him wanting to go, he needed to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Miami would wait. It's ridiculous to pretend they'd ignore a league mvp for free deal because they had to wait a month.

It's also on FO how badly they bungled Jozys contract meaning a buy out wasn't an option to keep everything on the table
    My $0.02 here is that Miami thought they were landing a whale in the summer market and when that looked less likely they said “screw it, let’s rent Pozuelo for 6 months”

So yeah, I think they would have fully ignored it if circumstances were different. Because Pozuelo sells exactly zero tickets and there are a handful of guys Miami could actually get that would be far more attention grabbing by comparison.

Not sure why you think this would be so frictionless. I think the reality is because of a short contract, potential no-trade clause, and requirement another club use their DP slot, there are limited options for a trade